Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

25 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Lucci didn’t mention Hornsby for 2020 QB Aggy is most likely to sign. That’s interesting. 

And lols at Donovan being an All-American, or even funnier, Leon being “elite”...after he cracks the 2 deep obviously 

The crowd around Hornsby is apparently making even Brewster wary (if the aggy scuttlebutt is right, and not an excuse). He needs to get his hangers-on in line.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Contract legalese talk not going away.

aggy can probably win the following games:

NW-State

LA-Monroe

Kentucky

UAB

Ole Miss

Maybe.  The only other game I see they might be able to luck out with a W is Arky.  I could see a 4 win season.  I don't even have to squint to see a 3 win debacle.

9 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

For those worried about everything falling into place for aggy after this year... don't.

Next year:

At Clemson

At Georgia

At LSU

At Ole Miss

Arky neutral

Home Auburn

Home Bama

Home MSU

Home South Carolina

I see 4 absolute losses + 5 probable losses

At Bama

At Auburn

At MSU

At South Carolina

Neutral Arky

Home LSU

Home Ole Miss

4 probable losses + 3 tossups

i see possible death from tailgating at clemson, athens, baton rouge, oxford, auburn and tuscaloosa, but i am but a simple man who has a soft spot for southern trust-fund brunettes. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

What I dont look forward to is them sucking shit through a straw and the media making every effort to apologize for them and explain away the mediocrity. Or the exact opposite we got from loval coverage like the AAS and which bled right through to the national pundits.

in texas, the msm has no choice.  reporting aggy truth (with the exception of actual death - see 1999) costs money.  tens of thousands of dollars in overtime for the switchboard operators and lost advertising revenue due to "boycotts".  the ministry of information sucks at the intertrons, but televsion and print are absolutely in their zone of control.

every year, about this time, you look at the aggy schedule and think... this could be the year of the meteorite collision, but they always find 6.  it's what they do.

that said, my opinion biggest risks for aggy are:

1. Kentucky. Total trap game at pyle.  Basketball school returning 18 of 22 or something nuts like that.  aggy have *guaranteed* themselves that win.  it's never discussed as a possible loss.

2. Directional any.  The ULM 21-16 result looms large.  aggy have been flirting with a directional loss for years and always scraping by.  the admiral says total tarp.

3. pig.  there is no sane reason other than string theory and dark matter something something that accounts for this streak.

2 of those 3 along with the certain losses and then all of a sudden the home stretch is a huge crisis and catharsis the likes of which no roller coaster drop has ever equalled.  maybe something like that bridge in italy collapsing.  we're talking actual deaths here.

dark horse: The Dish (south endzone upper deck) is going to collapse someday, and sandstorm won't be why.  when that happens, the negative karma from "having to beat the sips" will come home to roost.  the public outrage might force aggy to sit out the remainder of that season.  9/11 death toll was 2800-something.  that's their target.

11 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Spend some time researching the statute of frauds.  I'll wait here for you to come back and acknowledge that you're wrong.

Well, I didn’t spend much time, but enough to discern that you are 100% correct. Notwithstanding your errant case cite. 

• Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

every year, about this time, you look at the aggy schedule and think... this could be the year of the meteorite collision, but they always find 6.  it's what they do.

This is where I'm at. Every year looks like they're only going to win 4 games, but then they end up with 8. Now, that could be Rumlin's air raid spread just plain outscoring other teams depsite their dumpster defense. We will see this year I guess. 

They have 3 easy wins. Northwestern State, ULALA, UAB. I know people like to think what if, but they're not losing those games. 

Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas - These are games people think they have a chance of losing because [insert elaborate reason], but it ain't happening. They have too much talent. Don't get me wrong, while they have dogshit talent compared to more notable teams, their guys are still better than the nobodies these 3 teams recruit. 

6 wins

Can they beat Miss State? LSU? South Carolina?

That will be the question. 

Trust me, I'm all for the wheels falling off and them losing to NW State and everyone else above, but peolpe have been saying that for years, but it never comes to fruition. 

27 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is where I'm at. Every year looks like they're only going to win 4 games, but then they end up with 8. Now, that could be Rumlin's air raid spread just plain outscoring other teams depsite their dumpster defense. We will see this year I guess. 

They have 3 easy wins. Northwestern State, ULALA, UAB. I know people like to think what if, but they're not losing those games. 

Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas - These are games people think they have a chance of losing because [insert elaborate reason], but it ain't happening. They have too much talent. Don't get me wrong, while they have dogshit talent compared to more notable teams, their guys are still better than the nobodies these 3 teams recruit. 

6 wins

Trust me, I'm all for the wheels falling off and them losing to NW State and everyone else above, but peolpe have been saying that for years, but it never comes to fruition. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

6 wins

This is the way I see it as well.  And if they lose one of the Kentucky, Ole Miss or Arky, they will probably win one of the Miss St., LSU or SC.  6 seems like the best guess number.  I don't see 8 in any way shape or form. 

That schedule is a joke.  Does a win against Northwestern State even count towards bowl eligibility?  UAB decided to cancel their program a few years ago.  Everyone always says Kentucky is on the verge of being good but they never are and have one of the human zit brothers for a coach.  LSU is a dumpster fire.  Has MS State's quarterback's ankle reattached itself yet?  Ole Lynch has no depth at all.  Fat Fucking Retard burned Arkansas to the ground and Aggy Chad is downplaying any chance they could be good.  8 wins is very possible against this bunch.

Would not be shocked at all to see aggy rally somehow to beat LSU. But I really think this is the year they lose to piggy. Arky has been neck and neck with aggy for 3 straight years, with that shitbag fatfuck mouthbreathing coach. Now they have a coach who understands throwing the ball downfield, which will be aggy's biggest weakness. That plus the aggy Chad motivation, and the physical beatdown they will have received from Clemson and Bama, and this is definitely looking like a glorious loss to me.

25 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That schedule is a joke.  Does a win against Northwestern State even count towards bowl eligibility?  UAB decided to cancel their program a few years ago.  Everyone always says Kentucky is on the verge of being good but they never are and have one of the human zit brothers for a coach.  LSU is a dumpster fire.  Has MS State's quarterback's ankle reattached itself yet?  Ole Lynch has no depth at all.  Fat Fucking Retard burned Arkansas to the ground and Aggy Chad is downplaying any chance they could be good.  8 wins is very possible against this bunch.

Bill Clark has performed a miracle in turning around UAB, and Mississippi State is going to be very talented this year. Ogre is running LSU into the ground but they will still have a top-15 defense. It's not that much of a joke.

I'm not a believer in Arkansas or Kentucky, though.

22 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Bill Clark has performed a miracle in turning around UAB, and Mississippi State is going to be very talented this year. Ogre is running LSU into the ground but they will still have a top-15 defense. It's not that much of a joke.

I'm not a believer in Arkansas or Kentucky, though.

Have you not watched Benny Snell? That guy is good enough to beat aggy by himself. Kentucky has been to back to back bowl games and will be pretty decent this year. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas - These are games people think they have a chance of losing because [insert elaborate reason], but it ain't happening.

I think there's certainly a better chance they lose one of these games vs going 3-0. 

S&P has A&M as 66% win probability against Arkansas, 75% win probability Kentucky and 56% win probability against Ole Miss. 

I think those odds are about right and I bet they do lose to Ole Miss. That game is a coin flip (like S&P projects) but I''m going to guess A&M has no chance of stopping the Ole Miss offense. 

Edited by texasstrong12

43 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That schedule is a joke.  Does a win against Northwestern State even count towards bowl eligibility?  

I'm still not sure that's even a school.  I mean, has anyone ever heard of this supposed team before?  I haven't.

Edited by Scholz

32 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think there's certainly a better chance they lose one of these games vs going 3-0. 

S&P has A&M as 66% win probability against Arkansas, 75% win probability Kentucky and 56% win probability against Ole Miss. 

I think those odds are about right and I bet they do lose to Ole Miss. That game is a coin flip (like S&P projects) but I''m going to guess A&M has no chance of stopping the Ole Miss offense. 

I think the models are all too bullish on A&M in individual matchups

40 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

They won't win more than six and they will convince themselves that the following year they'll win 10.

Their ceiling is 8, and their floor is 3. Their more likely ceiling is 7, and their realistic floor is 4. IMO. I think they most likely end up with five or six wins, depending on injuries and close games. 

Aggy vs Kentucky 

last year both ended up 7-6 overall and 4-4 in conference. UK 4th in the east, aggy 5th in the West. UK lost it’s last 3, aggy it’s last 2.

UK returns basically their entire team. 

Aggy loses their best playmaker and is going from a up tempo offense to a plodding offense with their new coach. 

Game being at aggy might be what saves them, but that screams tossup to me. 

Northwestern State, enrollment 10,700, was originally called Louisiana State Normal School. I kid you not.

Spoiler

Northwestern State University was established in 1884 in the old Bullard Mansion atop a hill overlooking the bustling river port city of Natchitoches. The campus grew as the school expanded from a two-year degree for teachers at Louisiana State Normal School to the four-year education degree at Louisiana Normal College in 1921. In 1944, the school became Northwestern State College and Northwestern State University in 1970.

Northwestern State, enrollment 10,700, was originally called Louisiana State Normal School. I kid you not.
Spoiler Northwestern State University was established in 1884 in the old Bullard Mansion atop a hill overlooking the bustling river port city of Natchitoches. The campus grew as the school expanded from a two-year degree for teachers at Louisiana State Normal School to the four-year education degree at Louisiana Normal College in 1921. In 1944, the school became Northwestern State College and Northwestern State University in 1970.

...and is the chief rival of SFA.

Fuck the demons. #AxeEm

4 hours ago, UTEX90 said:

This is the way I see it as well.  And if they lose one of the Kentucky, Ole Miss or Arky, they will probably win one of the Miss St., LSU or SC.  6 seems like the best guess number.  I don't see 8 in any way shape or form. 

....and just an injury here and there could make 6 impossible.

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Hide contents

Northwestern State University was established in 1884 in the old Bullard Mansion atop a hill overlooking the bustling river port city of Natchitoches. The campus grew as the school expanded from a two-year degree for teachers at Louisiana State Normal School to the four-year education degree at Louisiana Normal College in 1921. In 1944, the school became Northwestern State College and Northwestern State University in 1970.

Geez. Can i move to Texas please?

16 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

that said, my opinion biggest risks for aggy are:

1. Kentucky. Total trap game at pyle.  Basketball school returning 18 of 22 or something nuts like that.  aggy have *guaranteed* themselves that win.  it's never discussed as a possible loss.

2. Directional any.  The ULM 21-16 result looms large.  aggy have been flirting with a directional loss for years and always scraping by.  the admiral says total tarp.

3. pig.  there is no sane reason other than string theory and dark matter something something that accounts for this streak.

2 of those 3 along with the certain losses and then all of a sudden the home stretch is a huge crisis and catharsis the likes of which no roller coaster drop has ever equalled.  maybe something like that bridge in italy collapsing.  we're talking actual deaths here.

dark horse: The Dish (south endzone upper deck) is going to collapse someday, and sandstorm won't be why.  when that happens, the negative karma from "having to beat the sips" will come home to roost.  the public outrage might force aggy to sit out the remainder of that season.  9/11 death toll was 2800-something.  that's their target.

Kentucky would be the most likely SEC foe to be underappreciated, and thus most possible to pull the in conference "upset'...

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Aggy vs Kentucky 

last year both ended up 7-6 overall and 4-4 in conference. UK 4th in the east, aggy 5th in the West. UK lost it’s last 3, aggy it’s last 2.

UK returns basically their entire team. 

Aggy loses their best playmaker and is going from a up tempo offense to a plodding offense with their new coach. 

Game being at aggy might be what saves them, but that screams tossup to me. 

aggy is 4-10 at home vs the SEC last 4 years. So "home advantage" means fuck-all for them. Kentucky can beat those fuckers.

27 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

aggy is 4-10 at home vs the SEC last 4 years. So "home advantage" means fuck-all for them. Kentucky can beat those fuckers.

Jimbo went 1-3 at home vs the ACC last year. Looks like he was really auditioning hard for the aggy job last season. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Fud said:

Post it, brah

comptemplative prepration pratice. 

Texas A&M was back in full pads today and we’re drawing closer to actual game week prepration for the Aggies. While there was media access today and there be more tomorrow, there is no practice on Saturday and there will be no access for Sunday and Monday’s practices. Because the Aggies open the season on August 30 (a Thursday), the first weekly press conference will be held on August 23. Thereafter, the weekly press conferences will be held on Mondays as opposed to Tuesdays as there were in the past.

The SEC Network was on hand today and Jimbo Fisher was a quiet and comptemplative sort during the media’s portion of the pratice. This was in contrast to how he was not just during the media session on Tuesday but also reportedly after the media left. Fisher indicated in Tuesday’s press conference that he wasn’t happy with A&M’s efforts, noting that they could practice in full pads every day in need be.

The offense did go 11 on air again and the defense even did a pursuit drill.

First unit

LT…Dan Moore

LG… Jared Hocker

C…Erik McCoy

RG… Keaton Sutherland

RT…Carson Green

QB…Kellen Mond

TE… Cullen Gillaspia/Jace Sternberger

RB…Trayveon Williams

WR…Jhamon Ausbon, Quartney Davis, Camron Buckley

Second unit

LT…Kellen Diesch

LG…Grayson Reed

C…Ryan McCollum

RG… Connor Lanfear

RT…Riley Anderson

QB…Nick Starkel

TE…Trevor Wood

RB…Kwame Etwi

WR….Klyde Chriss, Hezekiah Jones, Roshauud Paul

Third unit

LT….Luke Matthews

LG…Justin Dworaczyk

C…Barton Clement/Colton Prater

RG… Tank Jenkins

RT…Colten Blanton

QB…Connor Blumrick

RB…Jacob Kibodi

TE…Ryan Renick

WR…Caleb Chapman, Kendrick Rogers

First unit defense

DE…Kingsley Keke, Landis Durham

DT…Justin Madubuike, Daylon Mack

LB…Otaro Alaka, Tyrel Dodson

Rover…Anthony Hines

CB…Charles Oliver, Debione Renfro

S…Donovan Wilson, Derrick Tucker

Second unit defense

DE…Tyree Johnson, Bobby Brown

DT…Josh Rogers, Jayden Peevy

LB…Keeath Magee, Braden White

Rover..Ikenna Okeke

CB…Clifford Chattman, Roney Elam

S….Deshawn Capers-Smith, Keldrick Carper

The most noteworthy event was Hines’ first appearance at the rover in the media portion of the drills outside of Sunday’s open practice. Hines has great lateral movement and closing speed, attributes which would work well on the outside and in space. As we saw Sunday, it also enables Buddy Johnson to move inside with the linebackers. Johnson is much bigger than he was last year and carries more mass than Hines so he might be better suited to working inside.

The number of kickoff return men shrank to three today…Klyde Chriss, Roshauud Paul, and Quartney Davis. Davis and Paul continue to work both punt and kickoff returns and at least one of them is likely to be a return man of some sort when the season opener.

Prater only lined up with the third unit and did not take part in any sort of contact. He did some non contract drills on Sunday as well and on Sunday he was kneeling on the field with his helmet off. If he suffered a leg injury, it isn’t visible. Safety Larry Pryor was apparently back out there as well but he has a long way to go. We’ll have more tomorrow but he’s probably fallen behind freshmen Leon O’Neal and Jordan Moore.

Brown’s movement into the twos today at defensive end shouldn’t be a surprise as he worked with them on Sunday as well. He’s slimmed down since he arrived on campus which is why he’s moved into the two deep. Not only that, there’s a reason that Alabama wanted him…he’s that five tech that Nick Saban keeps using who’s not only big but athletic and can make things happen in addition to setting the edge versus the run. He’s a three down guy that you won’t have to take off the field to rush the passer. Ondario Robinson was with the back end of the roster on Sunday at defensive tackle and again today.

• Like 2