Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

17 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

So much has happened since yesterday evening.  I particularly like this quote from Looch:

"Second, Shepherd is far from a lock to Texas, even if Brauny is starting to feel like it seems like he'll likely fall that way."  Based on this statement I'd say Shepherd to Texas is a lock.

But wait, there's more... Shepherd bonded with aggy players.  He bonded.  I'm afraid Herman can't overcome this recent development.  

Bill Liucci is a Grade-A moron. Always keep that in mind. 

• Like 3

The LSU game will speak volumes.  We all know the sips have woefully neglected their line play and the SEC is a LOS league.

The Georgia game has already spoken volumes:

Texas: 178 yards and 3 TDs rushing

Georgia: 72 yards, ZERO TDs rushing

LO f'in L

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 4

Have y'all noticed how when trying to convince themselves of the greatness of their players they will mention an average player and add this line: (who I think is going to be special).  I guess this helps them deal with the cognitive dissonance.  I'm pretty sure I've seen bizzle do it on this thread.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

DyP5-9UU8AA4fA0.jpgDyP6ANAUUAACANP.jpgDyP6BPEUcAAijq2.jpgDyP6B9-UYAAB_BE.jpg

Haha, "the bulk" of Herman's big wins have been due to opponents' "disinterest." So now it's not just the Sugar Bowl...it extends to Herman's entire career; Herman can only beat good teams when they aren't interested in playing. 

They can convince themselves of absolutely anything. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

It's becoming more and more apparent that aggy didn't really watch the Sugar Bowl, especially after Texas took a 17-0 lead. It's funny because had they tuned it to what was happening, they would have seen that the Texas DL was getting solid contributions from sophomores and freshmen throughout the game. So while, yes, losing Charles, Chris, and Breckyn will hurt, it's not going to hurt as much as those dumb asses in maroon think.

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's becoming more and more apparent that aggy didn't really watch the Sugar Bowl, especially after Texas took a 17-0 lead. It's funny because had they tuned it to what was happening, they would have seen that the Texas DL was getting solid contributions from sophomores and freshmen throughout the game. So while, yes, losing Charles, Chris, and Breckyn will hurt, it's not going to hurt as much as those dumb asses in maroon think.

Ossai is an upgrade over Hager.  Really looking forward to seeing Ojomo and Coburn this year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

Have y'all noticed how when trying to convince themselves of the greatness of their players they will mention an average player and add this line: (who I think is going to be special).  I guess this helps them deal with the cognitive dissonance.  I'm pretty sure I've seen bizzle do it on this thread.

It's been true at least as far back as Reggie "Banana Peel" McNeal.

10 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Ossai is an upgrade over Hager.  Really looking forward to seeing Ojomo and Coburn this year. 

This. There is no universe where losing Hager will hurt. All his backups were better players.

Edited by Bevo14

I really love the fact that every season, whenever Texas is scheduled to face an SEC opponent, every single aggy will say shit like "(SEC team) is gonna go in dry on weirdo Tom" or some other bullshit. And I have never been more confident in the obvious reality that a) SEC teams are vastly overrated and b) we match up very well against those simpleton offenses. What aggy completely fails to realize is that the national hype of the SEC conference superiority is now at the point that it is damaging the programs. Their players believe the hype and believe they are a superior football player because of three letters on a patch, and they fold like little bitches when you punch them in the mouth. LSU will be no different. I can't wait to hear the aggy excuse factory after that game.

I like the part about how people "mistakenly" think t.u has to be "down" for them to be good. 

Lord, what would ever give anyone that impression? The last time both teams were ranked while they met was 2004; A&M didn't finish that season ranked. 1999 is the last season both teams were ranked when they played and at season's end. The last time both teams were ranked in the Top 15 was 1977. In the entire history of the series, the teams have met while both ranked in the Top Ten on two occasions. TWICE-- once in 1941 and once in 1975.

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Machinator said:

My favorite part of this is that they think they have a chance at Garth and that they use the TexAgs rankings as the benchmark for discussion.

I don't know why, but I was a bit surprised to see them repeatedly referencing Texags rankings as though its the gold standard.  These guys, man.  Classic cult like symptom; only WE know the truth.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

DyQKRksUUAEq5f-.jpg

aggy just refuses to accept that Georgia came out super fired up and Tom Herman used that against them.  Completely abused UGa's defense with misdirection and schemed extra defenders into the box to stop their macho caveman man running game - especially on 1st down.  But the last thing that aggy is going to admit is that Herman is a good enough coach to dominate teams that have a significant talent advantage over his guys.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Haha, "the bulk" of Herman's big wins have been due to opponents' "disinterest." So now it's not just the Sugar Bowl...it extends to Herman's entire career; Herman can only beat good teams when they aren't interested in playing. 

They can convince themselves of absolutely anything. 

Stoopid sip.  Erbody noze thet neether tim carse bout thet dum awktowbur gaym in teh coton boll.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I love the part where he references that Georgia almost snagged the calzone. It’s a narrative he crafted and not a single other entity confirmed or even hinted at when his crew floated it. Georgia wanted to win Zach Calzada the same way they wanted to win the line of scrimmage in the Sugar Bowl. 

Didn’t UGA flip a higher rated QB from tOSU a day after those rumors? Clearly they coveted Calzada, LOL. 

Edited by Ricky Butler
https://247sports.com/player/dwan-mathis-82439/

Lost in all this is the simple fact that while games and winning matter, the relationships that these staffs build with recruits are more important. Barring some kind of catastrophe this season in the W-L column, the LSU game won't dictate whether or not this class is good. It might make a difference between good and exceptional, but the relationships are already there.

Just now, Neonmoon said:

I know I am asking too much, but if someone else passes Aggy so they finish outside of Top 5, that would amazing. I think LSU will pass them, but I don't know if OU or anyone elso can

LSU prob goes to 3, OU is unlikely to pass them, so it will be a Top 5 finish to put on Pyle field. 

Guaranteed Jimbo will no longer take multi-year projects 9 months before ESD.

How the hell else is Baggins supposed to attract elite prospects to that sewer on the lower Brazos?  That was the only way he was able to get a potential top 5 class in 2019.  He sure wasn't finding hidden gems that broke out late in their senior year.  That's just a fact of life when you live downstream from Waco and Rape U.

2 hours ago, Terry Silver said:

i do it for all our players.

and for the 4 or 5 people here that actually want to discuss players, i'm happy to do it. otherwise 20 pages of posting screengrabs from 55 year old texags morons seems a bit redundant. 

• Like 3

Their ranking is also being helped by at least one 4 star who will not qualify... and possibly 2.  Plus, there were rumors Blades was not going to qualify... but I suspect he will otherwise he would not have been allowed to sign.  Having a for sure non-qualifier occupy space in your class for perception purposes is one thing... allowing him to actually sign is another.  

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If Aggy commit Braedon Mowry doesn't qaulify, and Clemson lands RB Jerrion Ealy, Clemson will pass them. 

They'll be adding to their class. They'll take Ainas Smith, plus a crap LB and maybe one more.  They will get points for that bread. They'll keep their non-qualifiers in their commitment list for as long as possible to artificially keep their ranking. 

Edited by RabidM

6 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Their ranking is also being helped by at least one 4 star who will not qualify... and possibly 2.  Plus, there were rumors Blades was not going to qualify... but I suspect he will otherwise he would not have been allowed to sign.  Having a for sure non-qualifier occupy space in your class for perception purposes is one thing... allowing him to actually sign is another.  

It didn't used to cost you anything. Now it still counts as a counter for 2 years.