Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

46 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Yeah Fuehrer bunker aggy is no fun. I like wolf's lair aggy more the delusion of their ability to stop the coming storm is what make the losses so sweet.

We don't have enough data from broken aggy to effectively compare or assess.  Broken aggy is all over the map right now, one day rankings don't matter, the next we're back to bomc grade inflation.

Tonight as we see they can't figure out how to spin Shepard.   aggy usually pivots en-masse and instantly.

• Like 2

Just now, utexas8 said:

So now Ryan’s already hedging?

A lot of folks have been saying they feel good about Shepard to Texas if he makes his OV this weekend.  Basically Ryan is agreeing with them.  I suspect the reason they felt he would go aggy was assurances that Shepard's handlers would keep him away from our coaching staff.  If that doesn't pan out, they obviously have problems.

1 minute ago, sushihorn said:

A lot of folks have been saying they feel good about Shepard to Texas if he makes his OV this weekend.  Basically Ryan is agreeing with them.  I suspect the reason they felt he would go aggy was assurances that Shepard's handlers would keep him away from our coaching staff.  If that doesn't pan out, they obviously have problems.

Yeah but that staff has messed it up before, or so says Hamm’s ass kicker

48 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Brauninger is a few hairs shy of being a baboon. I wouldn't put stock into what he says. 

I would. They have some sort of partnership with Rischad. If texaggy is saying Shepherd to Texas, it's because Rischad couldn't deliver him to aggy. Maybe the rumors of Shepherd and Rischad breaking up are true.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

So he’s got a Texas in home tomorrow then OV either fri-sat or sat-sun. 

Not much time for an in home from aggy staff or any other

Well reading all the aggy posts, doesn't appear Jimbo is using a in home visit with Shepherd. The visits are 48 hours, so if Shepherd arrives Friday night, the coaching staff can keep him all the way up until the dead period.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Well reading all the aggy posts, doesn't appear Jimbo is using a in home visit with Shepherd. The visits are 48 hours, so if Shepherd arrives Friday night, the coaching staff can keep him all the way up until the dead period.

If Jimbo is doing an in-home it'll have to be tomorrow or early Friday.  Someone said Herman is doing his in-home tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Based on the article, looks like Vince registered another win at Kyle field. The secondary in the videos didn't look like too much of a drop from what aggy put on the field last year. Check those reps for eligibility Jimbo, at minimum as PWOs or for scholarships for depth.

14 minutes ago, derp said:

Based on the article, looks like Vince registered another win at Kyle field. The secondary in the videos didn't look like too much of a drop from what aggy put on the field last year. Check those reps for eligibility Jimbo, at minimum as PWOs or for scholarships for depth.

Doan mek fahn of the whirlwahd feymus Dixie Chicks defense lahk thet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

I have to believe that most of those posts are you guys posing as aggies.

Like the reviews for this shirt at Academy:

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/new-world-graphics-mens-texas-a-m-university-sec-illustrate-chain-t-shirt#repChildCatid=5516170

Please someone screenshot these for aggypedia. Almost as good as the 50 gallon barrel of lube which we should fire back up.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

What the hell is he talking about? Have we been talking bad about Shepherd? Hey idiots on Twitter STFU. Fuck. Let the staff fucking do their jobs.

We’ve been honest about him.  He was overweight (though he looks great right now) but recruits that are overweight in high school typically are indicative of future weigh problems which can spin out of control if not properly controlled.  While we have a great nutrition and strength staff, they can’t do too much if he at Taylor Bibles himself out of the program.  He also punched his coach and got kicked off the team in addition to many other red flags which are a sign for concern.  These are facts not opinion.

Add to that the rumor that he is possibly a qualification risk and other diva traits like arguing with his “trainer” on twitter and you can paint a picture of a recruit that could easily be a waste of a scholarship,

On the flip side, he has all the physical traits you would look for in a tackle prospect and obviously has committed himself to becoming a better player (private training session, losing weight).  On the character stuff, while you can’t erase the red flags completely he seems to have reconciled with the HS coach and a lot of the drama around him comes from his trainer or the $9.95ers, as he personally been fairly quiet outside of some subtweeting.

The possibility of a flip, coupled with him not signing early and taking last minute OVs while “committed” has cast him in a bad light around here however most of us agree that we want him in this class.  Still if he flips it’s nit the end of the world because he has a high potential to be a bust.  I think it’s funny that we can have open and honest talks about the pros and cons of a recruit and aggy immediately says we’re trashing them, because objective debate which recognizes that recruits have shortcomings is such a foreign concept to those who worship the Liucci 44.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

We’ve been honest about him.  He was overweight (though he looks great right now) but recruits that are overweight in high school typically are indicative of future weigh problems which can spin out of control if not properly controlled.  While we have a great nutrition and strength staff, they can’t do too much if he at Taylor Bibles himself out of the program.  He also punched his coach and got kicked off the team in addition to many other red flags which are a sign for concern.  These are facts not opinion.

Add to that the rumor that he is possibly a qualification risk and other diva traits like arguing with his “trainer” on twitter and you can paint a picture of a recruit that could easily be a waste of a scholarship,

On the flip side, he has all the physical traits you would look for in a tackle prospect and obviously has committed himself to becoming a better player (private training session, losing weight).  On the character stuff, while you can’t erase the red flags completely he seems to have reconciled with the HS coach and a lot of the drama around him comes from his trainer or the $9.95ers, as he personally been fairly quiet outside of some subtweeting.

The possibility of a flip, coupled with him not signing early and taking last minute OVs while “committed” has cast him in a bad light around here however most of us agree that we want him in this class.  Still if he flips it’s nit the end of the world because he has a high potential to be a bust.  I think it’s funny that we can have open and honest talks about the pros and cons of a recruit and aggy immediately says we’re trashing them, because objective debate which recognizes that recruits have shortcomings is such a foreign concept to those who worship the Liucci 44.

This is the correct take.

My Wednesday night recruiting take

Liucci

Staff

12:53a, 1/31/19

Pulled these two replies from another thread and wanted to sticky them for those of you weren't looking for them:

Poster comment: "Looks more and more like we are going to whiff on our main remaining targets. Are there any other names out there that we haven't heard about? I'm still holding out hope for Russell, but who knows. Sounds like Shep is a sip. Lee is going to LSU. We struck out with Ward and Williams at CB. Hoping we have some other options. If not, it sounds like Smith will get a spot. Will we go ahead and sign Mowry and Ellison and hope they qualify."

My Reply: A lot wrong with this one. First, they're very unlikely to sign two guys (if) they think they won't qualify. Second, Shepherd is far from a lock to Texas, even if Brauny is starting to feel like it seems like he'll likely fall that way. Far from a lock and there are those close to his recruitment who still believe he'll be an Aggie. Just really tough to tell at this point. I think everyone is getting caught up in the 'last visit' thing but I don't think it's wise to try and figure out where Shepherd's head is at in all of this. Most felt for a while that he was going to flip very late from the Horns to the Aggies and that could still be the case. We really won't know probably until Tuesday at the earliest (either way). 

I feel pretty confident on Chris Russell at this point in time. To say "we struck out" with Ward and Williams isn't true either. The Ags really backed away from Ward following his visit, to the point that I'm not sure he'd even have an LOI in front of him next week. Williams definitely feels like he'll end up in Baton Rouge with the last visit and it being so much closer to home but if last year and this cycle has taught you anything, it would probably be to not count Jimbo, Dameyune Craig and the Ags out of a late recruitment...especially in Alabama.

How quickly we're all forgetting how Fisher and the Aggies closed last February and how many guys signed with A&M in December who were penciled in as 'locks' or 'heavy leans' elsewhere earlier in the process. Names like Leal, Wright, Richardson and Green come immediately to mind. There was also that time the Ags lost Calzada to Georgia and the whole "A&M has zero chance with Elijah Blades" thing. 

Let's see how this plays out, as I think the Russell, Shepherd and Williams aren't close to being set in stone."

Poster comment: "Good stuff Looch. Odds are we get one of our targets to go along with Mowry and I suppose Smith. It could happen but it's hard for me to picture that based on Jimbo's track record that we whiff on everyone we've had in. If it happens is it possible we just sign 25 and don't fill the last ship?

My reply: "Right now, I'd say my confidence meter is highest with Russell, followed by Shepherd and then Williams. I'd say I'm at around 60% with Russell, 45/55 with Javonne (and there's part of me that still thinks he's had a very specific plan that he's stuck with over the past two months or so) and maybe 40/60 with Christian. 

Here's the thing to remember: Last year heading down the stretch (the final week or so), the guys up in the air that few thought were leaning A&M's way included a wavering Leon O'Neal, Bobby Brown, Jashaun Corbin, James Foster, Vernon Jackson (I could honestly see Shepherd's decision literally changing several times on NSD much like Jackson's did ), Glenn Beal, Jeremiah Martin, Tank Jenkins and Charles Strong. Heck, even in December of this year, the drama that went the Ags' way when most on the boards thought it wouldn't happen included the Calzada-Georgia stuff, Elijah Blades and Derick Hunter

These aggy idiots always post “I don’t understand why recruit x would want to go to Texas.”

It’s such stunning idiocy. Side by side Texas is a superior option on every single comparison: football success, coaching, NFL draft potential, city, academics, reputation, etc. The fact those goobers don’t understand that is mind bottling.

It’s also amazing that they constantly accuse Texas of cheating when the entire football world knows that they are the ones cheating with Jimbo. Such an insular view of the world.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

These aggy idiots always post “I don’t understand why recruit x would want to go to Texas.”

It’s such stunning idiocy. Side by side Texas is a superior option on every single comparison: football success, coaching, NFL draft potential, city, academics, reputation, etc. The fact those goobers don’t understand that is mind bottling.

It’s also amazing that they constantly accuse Texas of cheating when the entire football world knows that they are the ones cheating with Jimbo. Such an insular view of the world.

It's called projection and aggy is the master of it. 

I love the part where he references that Georgia almost snagged the calzone. It’s a narrative he crafted and not a single other entity confirmed or even hinted at when his crew floated it. Georgia wanted to win Zach Calzada the same way they wanted to win the line of scrimmage in the Sugar Bowl. 

• Like 3

So much has happened since yesterday evening.  I particularly like this quote from Looch:

"Second, Shepherd is far from a lock to Texas, even if Brauny is starting to feel like it seems like he'll likely fall that way."  Based on this statement I'd say Shepherd to Texas is a lock.

But wait, there's more... Shepherd bonded with aggy players.  He bonded.  I'm afraid Herman can't overcome this recent development.