2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

18 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The view from my normal tailgate spot:

image.png.078f36bbb68c1a85fb9e378c7fd1367d.png

My alternator completely went to shit sitting exactly right there. It was after the LSU game, and it was a complete and total nightmare. I was dead in the water right over the top of where MLK has that ridge right there. Insult to injury to say the least! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

My alternator completely went to shit sitting exactly right there. It was after the LSU game, and it was a complete and total nightmare. I was dead in the water right over the top of where MLK has that ridge right there. Insult to injury to say the least! 

Holy shit that sounds awful. Middle of that area broke down with as much traffic as there is on gameday. I bet everyone was pissed at you haha.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I had an anxiety attack just reading that

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Holy shit that sounds awful. Middle of that area broke down with as much traffic as there is on gameday. I bet everyone was pissed at you haha.

I saw the ass cheeks in the water, so I knew who wrote this, and expected a posting of, “Who fucking cares?” or “Sucks to be you!” 

Then I read what seemed to be compassion! 

Then it turned completely, ending in “haha.”

Don’t ever stop being you, BO&W 😂

• Haha 7

I’m absolutely going to watch the Nebraska/Illinois game Saturday. College football doesn’t have to be a playoff caliber game for me to enjoy. I’m rooting for Nebraska because I’m friends with the offensive coordinator (Ft Collins guy) and I absolutely fucking hate the Illinois coach more than any other coach active today. Illinois fans are good people so for that I’m sorry but you guys hired a gigantic piece of shit as a head coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It was terrible. came out of the backside of the purple garage across from Scholz and made a right. Went to make the next right and had nothing there. Wipers, horn, lights, ac, radio all going absolutely wild. Did not get it on a wrecker and towed to a shop until almost 1am. Did not even get to drink the loss away at a reasonable hour. 

MLK.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

6 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

It was terrible. came out of the backside of the purple garage across from Scholz and made a right. Went to make the next right and had nothing there. Wipers, horn, lights, ac, radio all going absolutely wild. Did not get it on a wrecker and towed to a shop until almost 1am. Did not even get to drink the loss away at a reasonable hour. 

MLK.jpg

Man, you were telling he truth, and have the receipts. That sucks balls. 

• Hook 'Em 1

IT Humidor:

Kool Aid GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

By: Eric, Gerry, and Justin

In this Humidor we’ll be talking player expectations for the season with a skew towards their upside. You don’t need IT to tell you confidence in the defense is quite high. Players themselves have given hints and so too has defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski.

On paper it all makes sense: these players made good strides last year under Chris Ash; they’re talented; they’re experienced; they’re deep; and they’re all in their proper fit. That’s a recipe for success even before you factor for PK’s resume.

Each comment is sourced. It’s not 100% verbatim because it would have been a two hour phone call. I asked them to use short phrases so we could get through it quicker.

We’ll share thoughts on the true freshman on Saturday morning.

Great Expectations

LB DeMarvion Overshown: 100 tackles. Five sacks. Ball hawk in coverage. Lots of picks. Potential All American. All Conference performer.

DB Chris Adimora: Quality depth but capable starter. Losing job plus a bothersome shoulder hasn’t helped. Can make plays. Solid at a minimum. Will play.

CB Darion Dunn: Could be a capable starter. He’ll rotate. Hands for turnover could be better. Drops picks, but good coverage. Finished camp strong.

CB D’Shawn Jamison: All conference punt returner, maybe more. Potential to be first team All Conference corner. Will get his share of picks. Had a consistent August.

EDGE Ben Davis: Could be quality starter. Ability to make impact plays. Got better through camp and will continue to improve.

CB Josh Thompson: Potential to be in All American conversation, especially if ball skills show up. Plays with physicality, strong in coverage. First team All Conference. Stay healthy and consistent, the talent is there.

DB Anthony Cook: Will make impact plays. Can cover very well for the position. Quality starter. More physical than you think. Totally reinvigorated.

LB Marcus Tillman: Depth. Just hasn’t been the same since his injury.

DB Brenden Schooler: Quality starter. Potential to be more. Run support is solid, not afraid to play downhill. Can cover ground in coverage. Coming around on being in the right place at the right time. If he gets that right he’ll have a big year.

EDGE Ovie Oghoufo: Quality player, can make impact plays. A little more consistent than Davis so far. Hard to keep blocked in the run game.

CB Ishmael Ibraheem: Redshirt but upside down the road. Bright future ahead. Showed growth throughout camp. Will mix it up. Focused.

CB Kitan Crawford: Could already be a quality starter. Big upside. Will rotate in and play well. The future at corner.

CB Jahdae Barron: Potential to be impact player down the road. Can cover. Improved throughout camp. Getting more consistent. Could even start this year if needed. Similar to Thompson in play style but not as fast.

DB Marques Caldwell: Depth.

DB BJ Foster: Quality starter. Good downhill in run support, good range.

DB Jerrin Thompson: Will rotate in behind Schooler. Excellent depth. Could be quality starter.

LB Jaden Hullaby: Depth.

LB Devin Richardson: Could be rotational player at Mike. Upside down the road. Would be ready to start at some point this season if needed.

CB Jamier Johnson: Redshirt. Could become a player.

EDGE Prince Dorbah: Ready to make impact plays in pass rush. Behind Thornton and Ovie at XOLB right now. Has to become more complete.

LB David Gbenda: Ready to be quality starter but will be rotational player to start. Able to make impact plays. Fast. Big upside down the road.

EDGE Jacoby Jones: Quality starter, can make impact plays. Plays run and pass well. Not super athletic but good, solid player.

LB Ayodele Adeoye: Quality depth.

LB Jaylan Ford: Rotational player. Capable starter if needed. Can make impact plays. Upside down the road.

DB Tyler Owens: Potential to become impact player next year. Speed is still there. Safeties won’t rotate all that much but he should play some. Could be capable starter this year if called upon.

DL Vernon Broughton: Rotational player. Can make impact plays. Getting better under Bo Davis. Good interior pass rusher. Big upside if he keeps developing.

EDGE Ray Thornton: Quality starter. Rotational player. Could make impact plays. Probably won’t be a high sack player but disruptive behind the line of scrimmage.

LB Luke Brockermeyer: Quality starter. Could make impact plays. Expect some picks. Potential to make All Conference noise.

EDGE Jett Bush: Rotational player. Reliable depth. Versatile. Still playing fullback. More athletic than people think. Will play behind Jacoby Jones. Might get some pass rush looks.

DL Sawyer Goram-Welch: Good, solid player. Potential to play this year. Needs to keep developing and let depth chart clear out. Can play at Texas.

DL Myron Warren: Depth but could play some this year at 3-tech.

DL T’Vondre Sweat: Has All Conference potential. Can do some good things as a pass rusher. Obviously big versus the run. Quality starter. Impact plays. Potential to start but Coburn ahead of him.

DL Alfred Collins: Potential to be All American (not this year). Impact plays left and right. Rotational player but also impact player. Like Broughton, still learning to be consistent.

DL Moro Ojomo: All Conference player. Good versus run and pass. Great fit in this defense at 3-tech. Coming out party for him. Very consistent.

DL Keondre Coburn: Likely All Conference, maybe All American. Energy player; players feed off of him. Impact player. Play strength/power in lower body is rare. Depth helps him.

Thursday practice was about as short as this Thursday practice report:

— Of course they’re holding meetings and such but they only spent about an hour of work on the field
— Very little 1v1 other than two minute drill
— They worked quite a bit versus scout teams who were simulating ULL’s “looks”
— Heavy focus on being assignment sound versus ULL

As we’ve noted multiple times, Saturday will be a mock game. They are simulating game day to the degree players will wear suits into the stadium. They’ll stay at a hotel on Friday night. Etc.

IT had a unique interaction recently with some people extremely dialed into the Texas high school head coaching ranks. The takeaway from that interaction is Steve Sarkisian has been much more aggressive in building relationships with high school coaches than his previous two predecessors. The source said Sarkisian is playing the long game and doing things the right way. The previous coaches would often ignore coaches and go straight to the recruit. That’s no way to create allies. He’s the best relationship builder since Mack Brown and he still hasn’t had the chance to really go out and see coaches in person.

There is a common belief Sarkisian assembled a high quality staff that is built to last, they just need to demonstrate their coaching ability on Saturday and the rest will fall into place.

All signs still point towards this being the swan song for Texas and OU in the Big 12. We still hear it’s fluid, but IT believes that’s more about the details of how the exit transpires more so than whether it will after this season.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

All signs still point towards this being the swan song for Texas and OU in the Big 12. We still hear it’s fluid, but IT believes that’s more about the details of how the exit transpires more so than whether it will after this season.

Good.  Let’s shit in their cereal on the way out.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

MLK.jpg

If only you could have moped in the warm orange light of the tower while you waited. Fuck Joe Burrow and Ogre.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

For now.... it's definitely not as entertaining as Chuck F'N Strong was 

They've gotten progressively worse. The Strong one was entertaining, the Herman one was far less, and this one is just garbage. Either that guy lost it or some other jackass tried to jump in and failed. 

Two first team all conference CBs with a potential All American, one all conference LB with AA potential and another LB with all conference potential, two to three all conference DL, one with AA potential, and a fourth future AA.

Lmao the defense is going to be ass, isn’t it?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

Nebraska/Illinois is mildly interesting because Nebraska is a dysfunctional dumpster fire right now and I’d enjoy watching Illinois beating them.

The others are interesting if it’s the third time you’ve seen that episode of Beat Bobby Flay first time you've seen live college football in 9 months.

FIFY

19 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Two first team all conference CBs with a potential All American, one all conference LB with AA potential and another LB with all conference potential, two to three all conference DL, one with AA potential, and a fourth future AA.

That is peak kool aid, but I do feel like Overshown, Coburn, Sweat, Thompson, and Jamison should be in the conversation for all conference honors. Is it sad that it feels weird to have that many quality guys on defense? Back in the 2000s we would be pissed that there are only 5. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Hey y'all. Today I'm going to be talking with Joshua Moore on a new app called ibble.

If you join the app we donate $1 towards a charity called Helping Hand and you can ask you questions to Joshua and have him answer the questions for you personally.

So if you want to know how the new offense helps receivers like him, how many yards he thinks he'll have this year, or who the quarterback will be, you can ask him face-to-face.

I know this is a hive of villainy and scum, but I would very much appreciate it if you checked it out here
https://t.co/Aks7uSzmj9?amp=1

What time?

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

I saw the ass cheeks in the water, so I knew who wrote this, and expected a posting of, “Who fucking cares?” or “Sucks to be you!” 

Then I read what seemed to be compassion! 

Then it turned completely, ending in “haha.”

Don’t ever stop being you, BO&W 😂

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That account sucks 

aaaaaaaaaand he's back to normal. 

19 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

What time?

He'll be answering questions from 3pm to 4pm. You can ask the questions starting right now if you'd like. But the thread doesn't disappear. It will be up forever like a YouTube video or Reddit thread

Here's an example from day two of the event with the Podcast Ain't Played Nobody crew
https://t.co/PBtNjW4247?amp=1

Edited by OnAComputer
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Hey y'all. Today I'm going to be talking with Joshua Moore on a new app called ibble.

If you join the app we donate $1 towards a charity called Helping Hand and you can ask you questions to Joshua and have him answer the questions for you personally.

So if you want to know how the new offense helps receivers like him, how many yards he thinks he'll have this year, or who the quarterback will be, you can ask him face-to-face.

I know this is a hive of villainy and scum, but I would very much appreciate it if you checked it out here
https://t.co/Aks7uSzmj9?amp=1

I take issue with this.  I prefer a murder of villainy and scum or perhaps a parliament of villainy and scum rather than hive.  

4 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

He'll be answering questions from 3pm to 4pm. You can ask the questions starting right now if you'd like. But the thread doesn't disappear. It will be up forever like a YouTube video or Reddit thread

Here's an example from day two of the event with the Podcast Ain't Played Nobody crew
https://t.co/PBtNjW4247?amp=1

Ask him what we’re some of the negative recruiting pitches he experienced from other schools during his process. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Luke Brockermeyer, who best I can tell has a total of two (2) career tackles, making  “All Conference noise” is official peak 9.95 off season. I mean these guys just have no shame and I love it.

Edited by Reynolds Woodcock
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

what the god damn fucking hell are you shit heads talking about

for the love of all that's good, since fucking when is an IPA not a good summer beer

i don't even like IPAs, not even a little bit, but this is just inane

especially since there's tons of citrus-y ipas out there

i mean i sure as heck don't argue with Helles (and Two Roots makes a KILLER NA Helles, give it a try), but saying ipas aren't great for hot days is just plain idiotic

fuck off and die in a fire you ignorant dipshit philistines... my god... the stupidity...

Yes. Rep to you. 

To be fair, I believe at least some of the stupidity is caused by the fact that if one is super hot and has already sweated out 95% of one's available internal water supply, even a Tres Equis (is it still made?) or four will go down mighty fine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Per Nahlin:

A moment ago

Hudson Card was #1 in this morning’s walk-through ahead of tomorrow’s mock game, which is a mock game of the first game.

As far as we know, no starter has officially been declared behind the scenes, but, you know.

If Card is named, we’ve heard zero rumblings of Casey Thompson wanting to transfer. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt that he’d realize it’s in his best interest to see how things transpire on the field.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Yes. Rep to you. 

To be fair, I believe at least some of the stupidity is caused by the fact that if one is super hot and has already sweated out 95% of one's available internal water supply, even a Tres Equis (is it still made?) or four will go down mighty fine.

Truth: If you're trying to rehydrate with beer, the less alcohol, the better. Anything with more than 5% will make you worse off, and most IPAs are over 5%.

But you just gotta drink water with your beer. Which you do anyway, so you're not hungover.

• Drool 1

35 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Nahlin:

A moment ago

Hudson Card was #1 in this morning’s walk-through ahead of tomorrow’s mock game, which is a mock game of the first game.

As far as we know, no starter has officially been declared behind the scenes, but, you know.

If Card is named, we’ve heard zero rumblings of Casey Thompson wanting to transfer. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt that he’d realize it’s in his best interest to see how things transpire on the field.

The fuck is this shit?!

That’s not how Surly works.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Truth: If you're trying to rehydrate with beer, the less alcohol, the better. Anything with more than 5% will make you worse off, and most IPAs are over 5%.

But you just gotta drink water with your beer. Which you do anyway, so you're not hungover.

Hence the popularity of Coor's Light, Michelob Ultra, and Busch Lattes. Essentially water but after a case or three you are just drunk enough to make poor decisions that you may or may not regret the next day. 

Besides...

https://youtu.be/7dongdjh6Dw

Edited by ElChupacabra
  • Haha 1

Rimbo, you talk like someone who has never been face-first in an ice-cold 25 pound watermelon, with a beer in each hand, after shoveling 20,000 pounds  or so of freshly-picked rice out of a trailer sunk in mud to its axles. 

I'm pretty damned certain I've never in my life intentionally drunk water and beer together, and I don't believe I know anyone back home who has. I do know folks who drink water instead of beer to quench thirst, but I don't know anyone who takes 9% craft beer out to a worksite involving physical labor... that would be the province of stuff like Coors/Miller/Bud Lighte, and the like... all thay shit tastes damn good (or one doesn't even experience the taste) when used in such circumstances.

Your Mileage May Vary.

Edited by Tex Long
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

Side note--I made the mistake of visiting an Arkansas fan forum... Those guys are high as an MFing kite. About 95% of them have Texas penciled in as an automatic win, saying that they have comparable talent and better coaching lol...
Pork aggy

25 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Side note--I made the mistake of visiting an Arkansas fan forum... Those guys are high as an MFing kite. About 95% of them have Texas penciled in as an automatic win, saying that they have comparable talent and better coaching lol...

KoolAid knows no color.