HBO Hard Knocks: Season 16 - Dallas Cowboys

Landomatic

Dak and Zeke stuff was good, if just for the tiniiest glimpse into that relationship (plus yea Zeke is kind of funny)

Mike McCarthy seems like a socially awkward dork. I wouldn't be inspired by that guy at all.

I'm still trying to figure out how Bones got on nut cutting talk but that was also amusing.

And Jesus Fucking Christ...how do you live to 78 dumping that much salt ON your McGriddle?

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I forgot Jerry cries and basically says he would throw a pile of infants into a fire to win a Super Bowl this year, I think he may be dealing with a health issue we don’t know about.  Didn’t know he was 78 only, I was thinking atleast 85.  

Edited by Hook1997

22 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I forgot Jerry cries and basically says he would throw a pile of infants into a fire to win a Super Bowl this year, I think he may be dealing with a health issue we don’t know about.  Didn’t know he was 78 only, I was thinking atleast 85.  

I feel like Jerry has been 78 for about 15 years now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Dak and Zeke stuff was good, if just for the tiniiest glimpse into that relationship (plus yea Zeke is kind of funny)

Mike McCarthy seems like a socially awkward dork. I wouldn't be inspired by that guy at all.

I'm still trying to figure out how Bones got on nut cutting talk but that was also amusing.

And Jesus Fucking Christ...how do you live to 78 dumping that much salt ON your McGriddle?

Plugging McDonald's was a genius move by Jerry.

It's all about the camera angles.

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

No doubt. Struck me as always having way more questions than answers. And when he did try to be authoritative, it came off as fake/weak. Didn’t seem to have much control over the team…players, coaches or other. In fact, Dak and Parsons looked like the only ones with a whole lot of intensity. I know can’t judge by one episode of HK, but that was certainly my read.

Dak and McCarthy seemed a bit..... uncomfortable around each other. Or mostly Dak. 

My favorite part may have been sitting through 40 minutes of watching the skill players be grown ass kids, joke around, talk shit, and the only 2 starting O-line I saw (Martin and Smith) looked like some hard-hitting serious mfers, for the few seconds of screen time they got. 

Oh, and count me in on Parsons. That kid is linebacker crazy, and seems to be locked in on the game. Already calling plays. 

If he can keep his shit together, he will be the best linebacker Dallas has had in many years.  He was the best linebacker on the team the minute he was drafted.  He's already calling the defense and they took him out very early in his first preseason game.  That's pretty unheard of for a rookie linebacker and shows how good he is.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

My favorite character is Charlie Fuck Around. That guy sounds awesome. Where did he go though? I hope he comes back.

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

The "ball busting" scene was really uncomfortable.  You could see it on Fat Mike's face.  So awkward. Like an insecure underling trying to score cool points with his boss. I sense an odd dynamic going on there.

5 hours ago, mdleast said:

I watch every season so already in. Double in when it’s the Cowboys.

Double in because you love watching them burn, or because you're a fan?

Franchises that are exempt include those with: 

1. a first-year head coach (Jaguars, Jets, Falcons, Chargers, Lions, Eagles and Texans);
2. a playoff appearance in the past two seasons (Ravens, 49ers, Chiefs, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Texans, Eagles, Bills, Seahawks, Titans, Vikings, Steelers, Washington Football Team, Buccaneers, Browns, Rams, Colts and Bears);
3. an appearance on “Hard Knocks” over the past 10 years (Dolphins, Bengals, Raiders and Chargers).

That means only five teams are eligible for for 2021 duty: the Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos and New York Giants.

2 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Double in because you love watching them burn, or because you're a fan?

I'm a fan but even if they crash and burn it is even more entertaining to watch with the franchise I know the best.  Plus I know the Ticket guys (sports radio here) will all break down the episodes.  However, even when not about the Cowboys, part of the reason I love watching (beyond I just find it always interesting) is that it helps feed a least a little bit more of football to me during the final stretch of August.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

2. a playoff appearance in the past two seasons (Ravens, 49ers, Chiefs, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Texans, Eagles, Bills, Seahawks, Titans, Vikings, Steelers, Washington Football Team, Buccaneers, Browns, Rams, Colts and Bears);
3. an appearance on “Hard Knocks” over the past 10 years (Dolphins, Bengals, Raiders and Chargers).

That means only five teams are eligible for for 2021 duty: the Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos and New York Giants.

Edit: nevermind. My bad.

Edited by fellside

23 hours ago, Red Five said:

I feel like Jerry has been 78 for about 15 years now. 

Yeah the Cowboys were previously on Hard Knocks in 2002 and 2008 and you can find them on Youtube.  In the 2002 Hard Knocks Jerry looks demonstrably different from how he looks now, however in the 2008 Hard Knocks, not so much. 

8 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yeah the Cowboys were previously on Hard Knocks in 2002 and 2008 and you can find them on Youtube.  In the 2002 Hard Knocks Jerry looks demonstrably different from how he looks now, however in the 2008 Hard Knocks, not so much. 

cosmetic surgery...how does it work

Just watched episode 1 last night. Pretty typical first episode, but yeah the focus on Dak was a bit much. Want to see about the young guys at the end of the roster. That's when Hard Knocks is at it's best.

That scene with Jerry and the McGriddle... :D  He was giving off some very strong Mr. Pitt vibes.  The whole scene was so bizarre.  The McGriddle. The salt. The almost-empty glass of milk. The black coffee. The box of pencils. The water bottle. Whatever the hell Jerry was scribbling on his legal pad. (Looked like doodling?). 

Best Hard Knocks scene in a while.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

That scene with Jerry and the McGriddle... :D  He was giving off some very strong Mr. Pitt vibes.  The whole scene was so bizarre.  The McGriddle. The salt. The almost-empty glass of milk. The black coffee. The box of pencils. The water bottle. Whatever the hell Jerry was scribbling on his legal pad. (Looked like doodling?). 

Best Hard Knocks scene in a while.

Look out for salting a McGriddle coming to a McDonalds near you

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

My thoughts as well. Constant giggling. Talking in adoration about hot dogs. Ate two big bags of David sunflower seeds. 

Very professional. 

It was almost too obvious.  The narrator said you don’t need to be playing to build up a hunger or something.  Zek “giggle giggle give me all the glizzies”.  

• Haha 1