HBO Hard Knocks: Season 16 - Dallas Cowboys

Landomatic

29 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

This show sucks now and if it wasn't the Cowboys i'd have zero interest. I stopped liking it during the Texans season.

Yeah. The shine has worn off. All or Nothing does it much better. Not to mention the offshoots that highlight other sports like rugby, soccer, Formula 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Anyone else completely bored so far? 

Yes.

What I don’t understand is why they aren’t focusing on guys at the end of the roster. They finally did a little with the Kamara guy, but it seems like for years, that was the bread and butter of Hard Knocks… pick out 4 or 5 guys at the end of the roster… tell their stories and see if they make the team… it was super compelling.

They would sprinkle in some stuff with the “stars” but it was never the focus. Seems like the last few years, all the do is focus on the stars. That’s boring as shit. I really am not interested in Zeke putting baby powder on his junk or gobbling a bag of sunflower seeds during a preseason game.

• Hook 'Em 2

I liked watching the Brit coach and his interactions; he's compelling because he's a little known and scrappy, had to work hard to get here story too. Kamara stuff was cool.

One thing I wasn't prepared for was a lot of cringe/second-hand embarrassment from some of the interactions. This team doesn't feel very gelled and doesn't have the chemistry from what I've seen "behind the scenes" on this show thus far. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

All day.

All day.

All Day.

ALL DAY!

Who was that guy he was talking to, the russian guy or something, who was saying they were the only ones who didn't play in college?

Yea, Issac on a NFL international pathway program - he played college ball in Mexico

That other guy too i guess.. doubt Mexico.. haha

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Kamara, Dinucci, Alarcon (?) the reserve lineman - they’re doing it. This episode was much better than the first. Still a little bored. I imagine it will pick up. It should really pick up if they focused on Jaylon and the fact that he might actually get cut. 

Is Dinucci in danger of being cut? I thought he was the backup? Or is our man Garrett Gilbert QB2? Either way, don't teams usually have 3 QBs on the active roster?

I'm not remembering the reserve lineman... they only fringe player I thought they had really highlighted was Kamara. But I'm getting old so maybe I'm forgetting, lol. 

I for one got tired of seeing season after season focusing on guys who will never play a down of an actual game. It was the same every season and it wasn't that compelling.

Plus they lost that storyline once they changed the rules and let teams hold more guys and cut everyone at once.  Hard Knocks would have a different scene of guys getting cut every week. Can't do that now.

3 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Alarcon is a beast.

He's @Zepol87 but more massive

One Big Fuckin Mexican

Yea he is a big dude and from Monterrey hope he earns a spot on the team. He played for the Borregos as well, I went to a few games when I lived in Monterrey they were pretty good but the crowds were not great, cheap tickets like the baseball team there. 50 pesos would get me a ticket and 2 Carta Blanca caguamas

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, RPM said:

He won't make the 53. But he will make the practice squad. Looks like Squints is QB2.

So I don't follow the NFL *that* closely, so maybe this is a dumb question... do teams typically only have two QBs on the active roster? I guess maybe so... and I imagine if the starter gets hurt or something they just elevate whomever is the practice squad QB?

12 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So I don't follow the NFL *that* closely, so maybe this is a dumb question... do teams typically only have two QBs on the active roster? I guess maybe so... and I imagine if the starter gets hurt or something they just elevate whomever is the practice squad QB?

That's kinda how it goes. Just look at last season.

On 8/19/2021 at 10:20 AM, jeevsie said:

The Turk was definitely a highlighted staff member in the old days.

That was the best part of the show. 
“Hey Johnny.  Coach wants to see you. Bring your playbook.”

Edited by Lat22

Alarcon wanting to eat the trashed cake in Ep 1 was the best thing about the season so far. And based on actual performance, the Cowboys likely need to look elsewhere for any backup QB, but among those on the roster after last night, you’d have to think Rush has actually moved past Squints and DiNucci. They need to go, but McCarthy loves him some DiNucci. 

• 2 weeks later...