Well....we had a decent run, better than we deserved....because the intergalactic war starts tommorrow

Brisketexan

What if the aliens come and they suck worse than us?
What if we kick their asses all the way back to Romulus 4 or whatever?
What if they aren't a Galactic Saban coached "team"?

Agree. How do we know humans on Earth aren’t the most intelligent life form in the Universe?

Bring on the war and let’s find out.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Cajun said:

Sorry, that's not possible. Their intent could be to destroy the planets Earth's livable atmosphere, but we've already beat them too it. They just might speed it up a bit.

Edited by 'stache

13 hours ago, Cajun said:

What if they overwhelm our puny defenses, impose their will on us, and their only decree is "reconstitute the Big XII and give Baylor all the power?"

What then, smart guy?

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What if they overwhelm our puny defenses, impose their will on us, and their only decree is "reconstitute the Big XII and give Baylor all the power?"

What then, smart guy?

So the aliens are Baylor’s version of God? Lucky bastards

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What then, smart guy?

We break out the Slim Whitman.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, bernorange said:

2714 man has access to time travel.  2714 man knows ancient history (from 700 years ago).  2714 man chooses to travel back to 2020/2021 rather than just about any other decade/era/year.  2714 man is smart.

What if he traveled back this year because now, more than any other time -- including when we were about to embark on either of two massive world wars, at various points when we went all-in on enslaving people, when we entered the Black Plague, and any other number of AWFUL periods -- is when we MOST need help from the future?  What if, compared to all of our shitty eras, we are about to enter the shittiest, when we need to most help?

I'm just here to be Mr. Sunshine.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Sorry, that's not possible. Their intent could be to destroy the planets Earth's livable atmosphere, but we've already beat them too it. They just might speed it up a bit.

I don't know. They'd have a hard time sucking worse than a few girls I've been with. 

Oh wait... guess I'm helping flesh out your argument. 

Edited by ztejas

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What if he traveled back this year because now, more than any other time -- including when we were about to embark on either of two massive world wars, at various points when we went all-in on enslaving people, when we entered the Black Plague, and any other number of AWFUL periods -- is when we MOST need help from the future?  What if, compared to all of our shitty eras, we are about to enter the shittiest, when we need to most help?

I'm just here to be Mr. Sunshine.

Wait.  So Surly's foremost ledge dweller is also the forum's biggest believer in the altruistic spirit of man?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Wait.  So Surly's foremost ledge dweller is also the forum's biggest believer in the altruistic spirit of man?

Well, just one man.  From the future.  Who is an idiot who communicates with us using Tik-Tok.  So, yeah, that pretty much matches up with my outlook on our long-term prospects.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, just one man.  From the future.  Who is an idiot who communicates with us using Tik-Tok.  So, yeah, that pretty much matches up with my outlook on our long-term prospects.

He's not the hero we need.  He's the hero we deserve.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Wait til those aliens get the mu, nu or xi variant of COVID and kill off their own invasion force while we sit around with antibodies.  

Maybe China knew it would be our only defense and is why they made it in a lab and leaked it worldwide.

• Hook 'Em 1

I guess that explains why Casio decided to bring back Ripley’s watch from Alien…

Casio's first resin-cased watch — and the one Sigourney Weaver wore in the 1979 film — is pure retro-chic.  The latest, called the Vintage A100, is of particular note for its role in the Alien movie franchise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gearpatrol.com/watches/amp37269001/casio-vintage-a100-series-watches/

Maybe that’s why future fucker came back…to get one of these watches? Lol.

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I guess that explains why Casio decided to bring back Ripley’s watch from Alien…

Casio's first resin-cased watch — and the one Sigourney Weaver wore in the 1979 film — is pure retro-chic.  The latest, called the Vintage A100, is of particular note for its role in the Alien movie franchise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gearpatrol.com/watches/amp37269001/casio-vintage-a100-series-watches/

Maybe that’s why future fucker came back…to get one of these watches? Lol.

Sorry but that's ugly. Especially for a watch that won't appreciate in value. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Sorry but that's ugly. Especially for a watch that won't appreciate in value. 

@Nicole44 I know my Amarillo girl got some style 😁

I was actually just up there this summer. Ton of rain so Palo Duro was as green as I've ever seen it. 

I swear Amarillo is an underrated small town/city.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Of all the events outside of the discovery of Atlantis…this is one event we can easily track 😁 from aesthetic-time warper 

(The comments on his TikTok posts are outstanding…)

On Sept. 14, "a Category 6 hurricane will hit South Carolina." This is especially impressive, considering there are only five categories of hurricanes. When someone pointed this out, @aesthetictimewarper revealed it'll be so destructive, they'll have to make a sixth category.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Of all the events outside of the discovery of Atlantis…this is one event we can easily track 😁 from aesthetic-time warper 

(The comments on his TikTok posts are outstanding…)

On Sept. 14, "a Category 6 hurricane will hit South Carolina." This is especially impressive, considering there are only five categories of hurricanes. When someone pointed this out, @aesthetictimewarper revealed it'll be so destructive, they'll have to make a sixth category.

these-go-to11-spinal-tap.gif

• Hook 'Em 3