Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

That was a big win. It should t have come down to overtime, but a win on the road in the NFL is a great thing. The bye is perfectly timed too as we have a coupon of weeks to heal up and hopefully get a little of our depth back. If you had told me before the season started they would be 5-1 heading in to the bye, I would have absolutely signed up for it.

Oh, and fuck Jerry Jones.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

This is the best Cowboys offense I've ever seen. They shot themselves in the foot repeatedly today, were forced into being one-dimensional, sputtered on third down, and twice failed on fourth down, yet still amassed 567 yards of offense.

Defense is going to be the team's Achilles Heel and what will keep it from reaching the Super Bowl. But it should still be a fun ride.

(Also, it cannot be overstated how terrible the rest of the NFC East is. Playoffs are a lock provided Dak remains healthy.)

The other NFC East teams have 5 combined wins. Probably only need 5 more wins out of next 10 to win the division 

Imagine if Dak was as clutch as Mike White in money time.....

That’s a pretty arbitrary list. Four of the five didn’t win shit in the league. Somehow I feel that is a misleading stat…but there is no doubt Dak js playing at a very high level right now.

13 minutes ago, Hate said:

That’s a pretty arbitrary list. Four of the five didn’t win shit in the league. Somehow I feel that is a misleading stat…but there is no doubt Dak js playing at a very high level right now.

Vinny is the who stuck out to me.  Gannon went to a SB and a couple of Conference championships, Luck went to a couple of Conference championships in an injury shortened career and seemed to always be coming from behind.  Rodgers says..... R-e-l-a-x.

Collins comes back after the BYE, are any of the DL guys expected back?  Gallup?  Let guys get some rest and healed up (Smith, Dakota, ect.).
Dorance Armstrong should be back after the bye. After that trysten hill and gallimore are coming back, all three of them healthy and rotating will make this defense crazy good.

40 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:
Collins comes back after the BYE, are any of the DL guys expected back?  Gallup?  Let guys get some rest and healed up (Smith, Dakota, ect.).

Dorance Armstrong should be back after the bye. After that trysten hill and gallimore are coming back, all three of them healthy and rotating will make this defense crazy good.

Gallimore's about 3-4 weeks away per Stephen, as is Tank although it may be a little longer with him.  Armstrong has a chance after the BYE.  Hill's future with the team is cloudy.  He may need an injury to stick around as other guys have stepped up and he may not have a roster spot anymore.

Mike McCarthy thinks he has to pay out of his own pocket to use timeouts.  He didn't use a single one on the last drive of regulation.  He may or may not be aware that there is a game clock.

He’s probably the worst clock manager I’ve ever seen. He needs a coach strictly to work the clock for him. It’s embarrassing how bad he is.

14 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Mike McCarthy thinks he has to pay out of his own pocket to use timeouts.  He didn't use a single one on the last drive of regulation.  He may or may not be aware that there is a game clock.

So true. Like how much would it cost  to hire someone on staff who’s only fucking job is to pay attention to the clock? Nick Saban actually has a person on staff that only does just that. Watch the clock. Keep track of timeouts. That’s all that person does. Obviously MM needs one. It may or may not help with his decision making. 

Looked like Diggs expected safety help on that one td play and defended the route accordingly, but the safety just fucked it up.

It did seem like the refs fucked us on some plays but the cowboys were hurting themselves too.

Dak continues to play like an mvp. If he keeps that up, we’ll keep rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Looked like Diggs expected safety help on that one td play and defended the route accordingly, but the safety just fucked it up.

It did seem like the refs fucked us on some plays but the cowboys were hurting themselves too.

Dak continues to play like an mvp. If he keeps that up, we’ll keep rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep.  He undercut the route anticipating safety help over the top.  If that ball is underthrown at all, he's got b2b picks.   Kazee, the safety on the play, had an aneurism or something on the play.  

I got this from ESPN:

Diggs' pick-six was his league-leading seventh interception of the season and second returned for a touchdown, and he tied the NFL record of six straight games with at least one pick to start a season.

Among those who share the record is the late Tom Landry, who coached the Cowboys for their first 29 seasons.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  He undercut the route anticipating safety help over the top.  If that ball is underthrown at all, he's got b2b picks.   Kazee, the safety on the play, had an aneurism or something on the play.  

Yep. Safety still on the top priorities list ever since Darren Woodson retired.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

i agree, romo was giddy about how great of a play that was to bait diggs by using a double move but that was the safety's coverage over the top.  

11 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i agree, romo was giddy about how great of a play that was to bait diggs by using a double move but that was the safety's coverage over the top.  

I think it was probably a little of both. I've seen some analysis that shows Diggs gives up a lot of yards by playing loose like that, far more on average than other top corners. 

We need a safety to pair him up with.

14 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Yep. Diggs made that kind of move because he thought he would have safety help over the top. Had he not, I really doubt he bites that hard in that instance of the game. But this is something we will have to gameplan for. The more film they get on Diggs, the more they will figure out how to attack him. That was definitely not the last we see of that. I definitely do not want to remove plays where Diggs can be very aggressive but if the safety help over the top is going to be dogshit, then we will continued to get burned. That safety took an angle someone just learning to play pee wee football would take. 

3 minutes ago, DougO said:

I think it was probably a little of both. I've seen some analysis that shows Diggs gives up a lot of yards by playing loose like that, far more on average than other top corners. 

We need a safety to pair him up with.

I always wanted a DB like Diggs. He might give up some plays but he knows how to play the ball. He is the polar opposite of Byron Jones in a great way. That dude was allergic to the ball. I'll take giving up big plays if he makes up for it with picks that impact the game. It's inevitable that big plays will be had in today's NFL anyways.