What if America had 6 parties

Michael Knight

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pretty much same as OP, but this is another overly broad "quiz".  Basically, all about economic inequality and whether or not you think pot should be legal.

Economic inequality, pot and whether you think white people are discriminated against and racism is over. 

New liberal trending into growth and opportunity as a second choice which seems about right. The two closest to centrist on the grid. 

I notice that the authors do not even have a party inside the upper left quadrant, which I guess means they see little appetite for Stalinism or Juche in American electoral politics. 

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

New liberal trending into growth and opportunity as a second choice which seems about right. The two closest to centrist on the grid. 

I notice that the authors do not even have a party inside the upper left quadrant, which I guess means they see little appetite for Stalinism or Juche in American electoral politics. 

So they've never been to aggy land

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

After growing up in a moderately conservative household (lol at the concept today, or even in retrospect), I immediately moved left socially upon going to college 15 years ago. I have migrated very much farther left economically over the last 5 years or so, despite being solidly in what I suppose you would call upper middle class. I just don't see how significant social progress is possible without redistribution of wealth at this point. The fact that the wealthy (including myself, on a global scale) are WAY overcontributing to climate change and other forms of environmental degradation, which will clearly effect the economically disadvantaged most, who are marginally contributing to it, is a large part of why I feel the way I do. Seeing what the democratic party, not to mention the republican fuckwads, are accomplishing these days, I do not have high hopes for what our country looks like when I am an old.Screenshot_20210908-152904_Chrome.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

After growing up in a moderately conservative household (lol at the concept today, or even in retrospect), I immediately moved left socially upon going to college 15 years ago. I have migrated very much farther left economically over the last 5 years or so, despite being solidly in what I suppose you would call upper middle class. I just don't see how significant social progress is possible without redistribution of wealth at this point. The fact that the wealthy (including myself, on a global scale) are WAY overcontributing to climate change and other forms of environmental degradation, which will clearly effect the economically disadvantaged most, who are marginally contributing to it, is a large part of why I feel the way I do. Seeing what the democratic party, not to mention the republican fuckwads, are accomplishing these days, I do not have high hopes for what our country looks like when I am an old.Screenshot_20210908-152904_Chrome.jpg

thanks for your post and for putting some time and place into your comments. 

To me these quizzes end up simply tell you how you look with your parents value system and descriptors. It is rather limiting and I would add can be a net negative to change.

My two cents - invariably we end up with two parties as thats how we work. Negatively travels faster/easier than positivity and that ends up making us divisive creatures. The division drives our decision making and clouds our judgement. Thats why I always have favored some kind of 3 party / parliamentary style government where there is a floor to the weight each party has. Sure devil's in the details but for now, in this time, we could have a channel for bad behavior to roll to (versus the current MO whereby bad behavior is rationalized by pointing at other bad behavior). 

Sure it would fail again eventually. I could see it failing by not delivering leadership to change in teh face of adversity and taking teh easy road out. But that is not the time or place I would argue where the US is now, or needs to be worried about. You need to bring the government and its decision making capacity back up to match the population. Right now its just clouded in artificial division and negativity which allows all demons to run amock - career bureaucrats, populism, economic manipulation/control, permanent election cycles, and the whole lot of BS we have all been bitching about for 20+ years now

and sadly will be bitching about for the next 20 no doubt

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

American Labor for me. 

The American Labor Party is focused on economic populism, with an appeal to working-class Democrats who don’t have college degrees and don’t follow politics closely. It is more moderate on social and cultural issues compared with the Progressive Party, but also more diverse, appealing to many working-class Hispanics.

Immamac is going to be wearing a Pancho Villa shirt yelling "No Uvas!" from now on.

38 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Growth and Opportunity party here, whatever that means.

You voted for the Bush family didn't you?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

The American Labor Party is focused on economic populism, with an appeal to working-class Democrats who don’t have college degrees and don’t follow politics closely. It is more moderate on social and cultural issues compared with the Progressive Party, but also more diverse, appealing to many working-class Hispanics.

Immamac is going to be wearing a Pancho Villa shirt yelling "No Uvas!" from now on.

You voted for the Bush family didn't you?

I though it was strange too, because I'm fairly economically conservative and it had me pegged all the way on the left. I don't think this asks enough questions to get that right. 

• Like 1

The last navel gazing quiz told me I had strong theocratic tendencies; this one calls me a New Liberal. I guess here’s hoping to install Mullah O’Rourke as the high bro-priest of the United State Church of the Heel Flip.

It’s think it’s time to go back to Facebook for more “which Ted Lasso character are you” quizzes. And of course comparing enneagram types. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2