Texas vs Tech “Agreement”

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I thought holcutt was done with us since we kicked them in both nuts this year. 

Odd. wonder what changed?

Fucking cash overrules reasonably bruised egos.

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have read all week. Why in the fuck? Fuck those dickheads.

That's no way to speak about your 4th or 5th most important rival.

6 minutes ago, Borachio said:

I've always liked Tech, mainly because of all the grief they caused aggy in sports throughout the years. Plus they had the pirate.

I'm fine with this. 

The best they’ll ever do is Leach. I agree with watching them beat others. It’s a W on the schedule and we keep some more peace in Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

We don’t “need” tech and trips out to butt fuck Lubbock for our “other sports”.

Much rather do an all sports annual rivalry deal with Rice and have a fb game in Houston every other year that also helps Rice get into the American Conference as UH’s replacement…but state politics loves fucking with Texas Athletics.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, slorch said:

SEC loves them some cupcakes on the schedule.  Y'all are finding your stride early...

Yea it’s not Texas a&m kingsville, Kent state, or whoever that is bama is playing this weekend.   They scheduled much worse but my thought was we can do better then tech and really break the sec cupcakes mold.  

I’d give Tech 6 games to go away. 20-25 games is madness. 

Like I said in another thread, If we stick to 20-25 games Tech made real headway in PUF redistribution. If they did, some of West Texas assholes need to get off your ass and run for state rep and senator positions. 

This feels like an Abbott horse trade. He gives away way more than he should to keep the state GOP happy. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Fuck Tech. Everytime I see them all I can think about is Crabtree in 2008. They can go fuck themselves for 25-30 years.

I went to Lubbock for grad school. There's nothing they love more than knowing that this still upsets us. The highlight of their entire program's history is that they beat us 13 years ago before coming in third in the division and losing the Cotton Bowl. They've gone 2-10 against us since then. 

You shouldn't look at it with anger. You should look at it with pity. 

Edited by touchthemonolith
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is fucking weird and reeks of politics.  Are they doing this to reduce the buyout penalty by giving the B12 at least one premier Texas market TV game every season?

Also, aggy would never do this because their entire existence in the SEC is about never having to lose to a real program in Texas.  It allows them to claim they’re better without actually having to prove it. 

2 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

I went to Lubbock for grad school. There's nothing they love more than knowing that this still upsets us. The highlight of their entire program's history is that they beat us 13 years ago before coming in third in the division and losing the Cotton Bowl. They've gone 10-2 against us since then. 

You shouldn't look at it with anger. You should look at it with pity. 

I think you mean 2-10.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho changed the title to Texas vs Tech “Agreement”