welp, gonna be another garbage ass season

BigOrange1

Just now, mdmost said:

Why should it be any different? We’ve done the same stupid shit for over 10 years now.

This.  Some of you fuckers just keep putting this team on a pedestal EVERY GODDAMN YEAR.  

Newflash:  We still suck and we sill continue to suck until we prove that we don't.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Between the shit that is Texas Football, the new Collegiate Football League, with teams licensed by your alma mater! and the move to the SEC, I think my days of giving a fuck about college football are numbered, like in the triple digits or fewer.
We're going to be on the outside looking in, but we'll make a shit ton of money!
Haven't missed the Cowboys for 30 years, probably won't miss the Longhorns.

Co-signed.

things can obviously change but Oklahoma State looks a shitton more vulnerable through 2 games than I ever thought imaginable.  Figured that'd be our marquee, Top 15 home matchup....maybe gameday worthy.  But it'll suck, we should win, but it'll suck.  Anybody here wanna say with a bullshit straight face we'll beat all of TCU, Oklahoma, WVU, or ISU on the road...you go fuck yourselves right now.  We may steal one of TCU/WVU/ISU but that's 1-3 at best.  We are 8-4 at best, 7-5 more likely (possibly tripping up against OSU or KSU).  Belmont will wonder why the SEZ club isn't sold out, we'll wonder why we can't crack the Alamo Bowl glass ceiling, and CDC will wonder why he can't get the Regents to authorize an immediate contract extension for Sarkisian.  

Writing's been on the wall for over a decade.  We are fine with 9-4 on the high end.  Keep sending money. We're classy.  texas high school football is a world beater and just a handful of those guys will allow us to beat the '85 Bears.  We're Texas.  Which is actually a growing brand, just not in football.  It's fine, hardware don't mean shit anymore, gives us more time to drink at the game. 

I realize many of us are overreacting as most fans would do after a loss but I was really concerned about few things:

1) Playcalling was bad, worse than any Tom Herman called game. I thought we were going to open things up in this game compared to the last game but what i saw was very predictable playcalling.

2) No adjustments throughout the game. No change-ups to light a fire under your team's ass.

3) We left a freshman quarterback in there way too long when it was clear he wasn't going to get the offense moving. That's Tom Herman level arrogance.

4) We never tried to get Bijan the ball in space. 

5) On defense, we kept the middle wide open. WTF was that? That was like 3rd and Orlando shit.

6) Card played horrible. OL was shit amd did him no favors but his decision making was bad. His long throws were wayward and his checkdowns were consistently short of the down marker. Why didn't the coach either correct him in game or give Casey a series or two to see who has the hot hands?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Beat OU and win the Big 12 and none of this matters other than wondering what could have been if we got our shit together quicker. Admittedly this looks closer to an 8-4 team than a 10-2 one but the season isn't over

This team will get beat 63-14 (ish)by OU. Black Saturday VI (VII?) imminent.

Sark is worse than Charlie Strong.

• Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

All of you clowns that pick 10-2 every year thinking you’re being reasonable…

I’m sorry for thinking a program that has literally every advantage imaginable could put together a 10 win season or two. Let’s just keep expecting the 3rd most talented team in the country to limp to 7 wins every year

• Hook 'Em 1