What, no Joe Manchin thread?

Bullneck

Use the ignore function you fucking mouth breathers.

Also, why the fuck is this all in a Joe Manchin thread? Has there been any real discussion for the last however many pages or is it just a bunch of people talking shit to each other with no real discussion? 

Bolverk gets a timeout for doxxing, he knows he fucked up. The rest of you get a warning - use the ignore function or stop engaging with each other in a way that just derails every single thread you are in together or I'll just put you on mod approval and never approve any of your posts because I'm too busy to baby sit.

USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION. Reporting posts because your feelings are hurt or someone has different opinions and is flaming you isn't against the rules. Flaming has never been against the rules, excessive flaming completely derailing entire boards worth of threads is an edge case and discretionary. You fucking morons have earned the discretion of fuck around and find out. 

The usual suspects either stay on topic or get what is in essence an "I don't give a fuck, go to jail" option.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

On Festivus, of all days, the cabal doxxed a fake pastor

The surly liberal cabal don’t take no prisoners. 

And I would never dox anyone. Sack is entitled to his opinions and I’m entitled to call them out as bullshit. He’s a lawyer in Houston who inherited a bunch of money from a grocery store chain. I fail to see how that is doxing anyone since he’s posted that himself. I have no idea who he actually is and do not care. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Saw her in Vegas last October for the first time. Was a good show. Forgot how many hits she had in the 90s. 

I always have to holler at Alexa to mute right before she talks about uncle Joey getting blown by his new chick when the kids are in the house. Song always sneaks up on me and I zone back to when it was current and I wasn’t raising a bunch of kids. 

34 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The surly liberal cabal don’t take no prisoners. 

And I would never dox anyone. Sack is entitled to his opinions and I’m entitled to call them out as bullshit. He’s a lawyer in Houston who inherited a bunch of money from a grocery store chain. I fail to see how that is doxing anyone since he’s posted that himself. I have no idea who he actually is and do not care. 

Well then shut the fuck up. No one said you doxxed him but you are full on with the personal attacks. Quit acting like you're innocent. 

Now back to Joe Manchin. This guy is a bad ass. He struck down a ridiculous bill that would have had catastrophic economic effects for decades. Props to that guy for having the balls to stand up to the Biden administration. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, immortal13 said:

Well then shut the fuck up. No one said you doxxed him but you are full on with the personal attacks. Quit acting like you're innocent. 

Now back to Joe Manchin. This guy is a bad ass. He struck down a ridiculous bill that would have had catastrophic economic effects for decades. Props to that guy for having the balls to stand up to the Biden administration. 

Manchin is a corporate hack. I don’t care what party he is. That’s what he is.

You are a fool to support him, no matter what party. 

Wake up. 

3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

republicans talking about disastrous economic effects is hilarious

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Manchin is a corporate hack. I don’t care what party he is. That’s what he is.

You are a fool to support him, no matter what party. 

Wake up. 

He's the best player on our team! And explain the corporate hack comment. I don't know his background but it hardly makes me a fool to support a guy that stood up to the build better bullshit that was way way over budget. Fuck that...you are a fool to support that crap. We need to build a fucking border wall is what we need to build 😊😊

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

He's the best player on our team! And explain the corporate hack comment. I don't know his background but it hardly makes me a fool to support a guy that stood up to the build better bullshit that was way way over budget. Fuck that...you are a fool to support that crap. We need to build a fucking border wall is what we need to build 😊😊

He does what his rich corporate donors want him to do. I realize you are kinda stupid but you really should start to realize that. You are being fleeced and you’re voting for it. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

He does what his rich corporate donors want him to do. I realize you are kinda stupid but you really should start realize that. You are being fleeced and you’re voting for it. 

You're mad because you thought you were going to build a bunch of neat stuff and he shut you down. I get it

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

JJ wants to cuddle fuck JS something special. It's a really weird pathology to watch play out. 

I probably do bag on the sack more than I should. But he’s such an easy mark I can’t help it. I’ll try to take melanie’s advice and “be better”

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

I probably do bag on the sack more than I should. But he’s such an easy mark I can’t help it. I’ll try to take melanie’s advice and “be better”

It could be so many different things, which is why it is fascinating to unpack.  Is it just your own self loathing over the fact that you were relegated to a second (or is it third) tier law school? Are you compensating for academic inadequacies? Or are you just jealous of someone operating in a different social segment than you? Or are you just projecting your own shame onto others for all the times that you fail to live up to your own expectations of justice in the world?  So many avenues to explore.  

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It could be so many different things, which is why it is fascinating to unpack.  Is it just your own self loathing over the fact that you were relegated to a second (or is it third) tier law school? Are you compensating for academic inadequacies? Or are you just jealous of someone operating in a different social segment than you? Or are you just projecting your own shame onto others for all the times that you fail to live up to your own expectations of justice in the world?  So many avenues to explore.  

Nice try Annie. But I’m not falling for your bait. Like I’ve said before you are not nearly as smart as you think you are. As this post perfectly illustrates. Maybe you should point that mirror at yourself. 

10 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I have forgotten more about tax laws and regs than you have ever known.  Please let the adults have their discussion without chiming in from the peanut gallery.

Whenever I see a Workswithseed post I'm always tempted to neg it.  It's a cry for attention and always some dumb comment that is only tangentially related to the flow of the conversation. It's just easier to scroll past, which is pretty sad.  He's not worth paying attention to.  

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Whenever I see a Workswithseed post I'm always tempted to neg it.  It's a cry for attention and always some dumb comment that is only tangentially related to the flow of the conversation. It's just easier to scroll past, which is pretty sad.  He's not worth paying attention to.  

Ana pretty much pegs you correctly. You're a moron.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Ana pretty much pegs you correctly. You're a moron.

You haven't noticed that your posts don't move the needle for anyone?  No + or - rep?  No one pays attention to what you have to say.  When's the last time someone quoted you?  That's right, damn near never.

BTW, I have Ana on ignore, so I wasn't aware he had an opinion of me.  He's just pissed because I keep negging his socks. 

Edited by Bullneck

13 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

You haven't noticed that your posts don't move the needle for anyone?  No + or - rep?  No one pays attention to what you have to say.  When's the last time someone quoted you?  That's right, damn near never.

BTW, I have Ana on ignore, so I wasn't aware he had an opinion of me.  He's just pissed because I keep negging his socks. 

You apparently do since you didn't like his opinion. As to your first paragraph, I don't give a shit. 

• Fuck You 1

Okay granny.  I’m sure you’re hot.  Like most post menopausal single women from Alabama who spend their life on a Texas football message board.  Bet you have all sorts of sexual options. 

I didn’t mention any names in my post. It was a general comment.

Why so defensive?

Are you acknowledging you’re unfuckable?

Hit dogs will holler.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

So many avenues to explore.  

Not so many, just one, that is human suffering and enjoyment of it, seems to be the way the GQP wants to go.  It’s readily evident if you actually read the print.   Why you would excuse it, let alone embrace it is another matter.  But then again, we all kill, steal murder and rape, we are all horrible beings and our country isn’t so innocent.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Not so many, just one, that is human suffering and enjoyment of it, seems to be the way the GQP wants to go.  It’s readily evident if you actually read the print.   Why you would excuse it, let alone embrace it is another matter.  But then again, we all kill, steal murder and rape, we are all horrible beings and our country isn’t so innocent.  

Yep. It’s like disliking total assholes and pointing out what pieces of shit they are is somehow a character flaw to these people.

They claim to read the Bible yet post how happy they are when a turd like Kyle murders people with an AR and are ecstatic when Manchin fucks over the poor in his own state by killing a bill that would help them out because they deserve to be poor. I must have missed it when Jesus said “fuck the poor and carry a large gun.” 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

This shit is unreadable and a microcosm of what is currently wrong with America. There is no place for civil discourse, any disagreement just turns into a shit slinging fest rather than actually policy/idea debate. Reading back through the last few pages, it’s the same ones as always that don’t add shit to the discussion other than name calling and shit slinging. Then that same group runs around positive and neg repping people like a bunch of high fiving kids. It’s such a strange mindset to come to an internet board just to yell at people that you’ll never meet.

On Manchin specifically, I think you still see this get worked out. Some of the issues he has with the bill are legitimate, some of the solutions like a wealth tax are what a lot of you have called for. He’s pushing to raise revenue while curtailing expenses. The problem with that is then you get into an issue with Sinema who doesn’t want to raise taxes. Hopefully they thread the needle between the two of them and get a version of this passed that includes some new tax initiatives and gets the social aspect of the bill passed.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yep. It’s like disliking total assholes and pointing out what pieces of shit they are is somehow a character flaw to these people.

They claim to read the Bible yet post how happy they are when a turd like Kyle murders people with an AR and are ecstatic when Manchin fucks over the poor in his own state by killing a bill that would help them out because they deserve to be poor. I must have missed it when Jesus said “fuck the poor and carry a large gun.” 

Do I have to post the GOP Jesus video again?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So back to the actual subject of the thread, Joe Manchin....

I think there have been similar criticisms on BBB elsewhere on this board.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/21/opinion/manchin-build-back-better-democrats.html

That being said, Joe Manchin is still in the pockets of his donors, and he seems to have a lot of contempt for his constituents.

Here’s Joe not meeting with his constituents to explain why he opposes the bill. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/22/opinions/west-virginia-joe-manchin-legislative-mistake-vance/index.html

Theres a 50/50 chance he switches parties now and hands the senate to the republicans. If he does he will claim it’s because Bernie and AOC were too mean to him (sound familiar here?). That will make his real constituents, his corporate donors, very happy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brew said:

This shit is unreadable and a microcosm of what is currently wrong with America. There is no place for civil discourse, any disagreement just turns into a shit slinging fest rather than actually policy/idea debate. Reading back through the last few pages, it’s the same ones as always that don’t add shit to the discussion other than name calling and shit slinging. Then that same group runs around positive and neg repping people like a bunch of high fiving kids. It’s such a strange mindset to come to an internet board just to yell at people that you’ll never meet.

On Manchin specifically, I think you still see this get worked out. Some of the issues he has with the bill are legitimate, some of the solutions like a wealth tax are what a lot of you have called for. He’s pushing to raise revenue while curtailing expenses. The problem with that is then you get into an issue with Sinema who doesn’t want to raise taxes. Hopefully they thread the needle between the two of them and get a version of this passed that includes some new tax initiatives and gets the social aspect of the bill passed.

Yes but on the other hand I've now had an image in my head of someone going to the church that shall not be named, holding a picture of the small mammal that shall not be named, and trying to match the picture to every member. And if that's not funny then I don't know what is.

26 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So back to the actual subject of the thread, Joe Manchin....

I think there have been similar criticisms on BBB elsewhere on this board.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/21/opinion/manchin-build-back-better-democrats.html

That being said, Joe Manchin is still in the pockets of his donors, and he seems to have a lot of contempt for his constituents.

Or he is one of the few that can vote both sides depending on the issue. This mindset that everyone has to line up on one side of the fence or other on every issue is stupid. Most people reside somewhere in the middle. He’s from a R state, does every other representative of an R state have contempt for their constituents because they didn’t vote for it? Fold his wealth tax proposals into it to help pay for it, clean up a few things around the edges, and push it through. I don’t agree with some of things he’s taking issues with in the bill, but if all he wants is a wealth tax and a couple of other changes then they need to sit down and have the conversation again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Here’s Joe not meeting with his constituents to explain why he opposes the bill. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/22/opinions/west-virginia-joe-manchin-legislative-mistake-vance/index.html

Theres a 50/50 chance he switches parties now and hands the senate to the republicans. If he does he will claim it’s because Bernie and AOC were too mean to him (sound familiar here?). That will make his real constituents, his corporate donors, very happy. 

There is at least a made up 50/50 chance he loses his seat either way and it goes R based on the recent voting history of WV.

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Good lord man, are you still beating that dead horse? How did KR murder anyone? Did you not see any of the trial or read the facts that came out of it? Do you not understand the legal definition of murder? I think you know he didn't commit murder or even come close to doing so. You just want him publicly burned at the stake because he's a "Trumper", or so you think, and you can't stand that. You're a sad little man if that's the case. 

Now that Joe Manchin guy is a damn fine American. Your party needs more like him. He single-handedly saved this country from economic disaster, for now anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

You're a sad little man if that's the case. 

Weren’t you criticizing me last night for personal attacks on the sack? It’s always a one way street with guys like you. 

Im not getting in a Kyle discussion with you in this thread. As for Manchin, the fact that you somehow think he “saved America” is pretty ridiculous. Try to keep the bill in perspective. It’s not going to ruin America if it passes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Weren’t you criticizing me last night for personal attacks on the sack? It’s always a one way street with guys like you. 

Im not getting in a Kyle discussion with you in this thread. As for Manchin, the fact that you somehow think he “saved America” is pretty ridiculous. Try to keep the bill in perspective. It’s not going to ruin America if it passes. 

It will ruin his ‘Merica because kids will keep eating, get free to them day care and olds will get teeth and hearing aids. The poors don’t get to suffer anymore for his amusement.
  • Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, Brew said:

Or he is one of the few that can vote both sides depending on the issue. This mindset that everyone has to line up on one side of the fence or other on every issue is stupid. Most people reside somewhere in the middle. He’s from a R state, does every other representative of an R state have contempt for their constituents because they didn’t vote for it? Fold his wealth tax proposals into it to help pay for it, clean up a few things around the edges, and push it through. I don’t agree with some of things he’s taking issues with in the bill, but if all he wants is a wealth tax and a couple of other changes then they need to sit down and have the conversation again.

When people dont vote the way I expect them to vote it demonstrates a failure of democracy 

• Hook 'Em 2

When people dont vote the way I expect them to vote it demonstrates a failure of democracy 

When someone votes based on what corporate donors own him, it’s a failure of democracy. His excuses that it costs too much was based on a made up situation. The majority of the bill has been tailored to him. He has no excuse at this point other than he’s bought and paid for and that’s the failure.
  • Hook 'Em 1