Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread

Mole

I forget the exact timeline, but watching Michael Vick get a full redemption timeline, including playing in Atlanta for a coach that found ways to scheme to his strengths, just made me more and more sad for VY and fucking furious at Jeff Fisher. That should have been Vince. And yes, 100%, that should have been Vince in Houston, where he would have become as synonymous with a franchise as Namath is to the Jets or Montana is to the 49ers. (I'm not saying Vince would have been Montana ... I'm saying he would have been a god in that city).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mez2 said:

My favorite player of all time, any sport

On 2/1/2023 at 6:24 PM, williemackgarza said:

I love vy. Full homo
Greatest player I eva saw. Period

Todo este.

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

He turned 40 today.

Happy Birthday VY!

Got damn, this news makes me feel old af ...

• Hook 'Em 1

Vince was so loose. Remember him getting the team ready before an OU game. He relieved the tension.

I very fondly remember the below prior to the championship game against the greatest college football team since the fall of Rome.

spacer.png

As I recall, Vince got a huge kick out of those gloves to the point where he was delaying the photos. He was just having fun. I think Leinart may have been particularly annoyed. 

I just love this photo.

Pick the two Heisman winners. Next pick the best college football player of all time.

Vince is the only Texas player in my memory whom I would likely choose over Earl if picking a team. I love Earl Campbell as a player, a man, and a Longhorn.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

I grew up hating the Rose Bowl because it was the “Grandaddy of the bowls” and we couldn’t participate because of conference tie-ins.  Vince saving his best two games for that place ranks, let’s see here, pretty high in my book.😂

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Fastest I've ever seen THE dude run.......

50 yd TD scamper from midfield to left pylon vs Nebraska......

30yds right up the centers ass so fast the safeties couldn't pinch together to stop him vs Mizzou.....

*smoothest* runs were Michigan, literally looked like a gliding deer while everyone else was playing in sand, acting confused.

But nothing showed the same burst as the titans OT win vs houston..... You wanna see what holding the X button to sprint looks like IRL.....

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, cam4mav said:

But nothing showed the same burst as the titans OT win vs houston..... You wanna see what holding the X button to sprint looks like IRL.....

That's the only time I ever felt like I was watching him run as fast as he possibly could. The rest of the time, he just glided, and still pulled away from the fastest defenders.  Fuck the Texans. They chose their path. Let that franchise suffer eternally.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

^Announcer : "I like this. Put him in the shotgun and let him throw. If it's not there, let him run it".

An NFL play by play guy (recognize his voice but can't remember his name. Maybe Don Criqui?) could prophetically understand the obvious advantage VY gave his offense when he was in the shotgun. What's amazing is that NFL coaches couldn't understand it. Even after that play they still forced VY under center the vast majority of the time. 

Two of the biggest mistakes in NFL history:

- Texans passing on VY 

- Fuckface forcing him into a conventional offense.

ETA: Oh yeah, it was Criqui. The color commentator got it right: "Don Criqui knows the offense better than anyone".

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I had the pleasure of trolling Texans fans for 2 seasons as a Bartender in the club level for a couple of seasons because of their decision to draft Mario fucking Williams over VY. 

This play was like a public one man bukakke with Reliant as the recipient. 

For a minute there it looked like Fishbait appeared pissed that Vince scored to win the game.

• Like 1

It was an absolutely incredible feeling in 2005. There literally was no doubt that with Vincent Paul Young Jr. on the field that we would win. Even down vs. OSU. Even down vs OK state. Kansas. And fucking USC. There was no doubt. 

If he made me feel that way, imagine how his own fucking teammates felt playing with him. He was and is the best player I've ever seen. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...