233 members have voted

1. 1. Have you contracted Covid-19?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you contracted COVID-19 REDUX

• Yes, more than once
    • Yes
    • No

I had a bad cold Early spring. Thought could be COVID, but the two friends who were sick right before me tested negative. I isolated for a few days and since working from home is what I do, that was not a problem. 5 days later with lots of rest, soup and fluids and was pretty much back to normal. I think COVID is just something we are going to have to live with and hope science can come up with more solutions for it. 

Since then my ears are constantly clogged up and I have to depressurize them as if I was diving. Tinnitus comes and goes. Never had it like this before. 

Weird shit. 

• 2 weeks later...

blinding headache. Achy. Tired. Stuffy nose. Lung congestion. Bouncing between 100 and 101°.

I’m supposed to go to New York next week for a six day conference that is a really big deal to my boss. Spent a fortune for us to be there.

Naturally, I just took a Covid test and I’m positive. Fuck my life.

• Rage+1 3

On 9/16/2023 at 5:08 PM, Gatorubet said:

blinding headache. Achy. Tired. Stuffy nose. Lung congestion. Bouncing between 100 and 101°.

I’m supposed to go to New York next week for a six day conference that is a really big deal to my boss. Spent a fortune for us to be there.

Naturally, I just took a Covid test and I’m positive. Fuck my life.

Your boss has to be pissed that you tested yourself.

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Your boss has to be pissed that you tested yourself.

Nope.  He recently contracted Covid as well, about two weeks ago.  He is also an old law school friend of mine. Because I really wanted to go to New York (and wondered whether the self testing might be wrong), I got up early Monday and staggered to an urgent care doc-in-the-box for a PCR test that confirmed positive in an hour.

But you make a good point - and I could see why that would be an issue in many circumstances. Not mine, thank God.

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Heard of managers needing a pic of the test to prove an infection to keep people from taking a week long vacation from work at home.  Anecdotal, sure, but I could see people trying this.  

We have a woman at our office who claims to have had COVID seven times. She's a great big fat person, too. I don't believe her. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Brought it back from vacationing in Destin.  Blame it on having to touch a keypad multiple times a day to gain beach access and not sanitizing hands immediately.

We thought we were dealing with allergies.  Decided to pick up tests on the way home to make sure we didn't have it before seeing kids and grandkids that live close by.

Feeling fatigued at the moment.  Not as bad as when I had it the first time with Omicron in January 2022... couldn't eat and slept alot, taste buds were shit.

On 9/19/2023 at 10:47 AM, BabaYaga said:

Heard of managers needing a pic of the test to prove an infection to keep people from taking a week long vacation from work at home.  Anecdotal, sure, but I could see people trying this.  

I figured people were licking doorknobs to get their free Covid vacations back in the early stages when no proof was required. We had people go out for Covid 3-4 times in the same year while others in the workgroup never went out at all.

It was gotdam miraculous, just short of Jonas Salk, how the shit stopped when they had to use their own sick days.

I’ve tested positive once in Sept of last year. I’m certain that I got in Feb 2020. No testing available at that time.

in 2020, we had an enterprise software go-live and the implementation team (8 of us) were working in a war room the entire week. On Wed, one of the consultants said he was getting dizzy and had to leave the room. 5 days later, my temp was very high.

Last Sept, we had family visit (7 kids). 5 days later, I got a headache that was concentrated in my nose.  Home test came back positive.

I work from home so it’s easy to isolate.

I’m a 54 yr old type 1 diabetic and give myself 4-5 shots a day. Firm believer in modern medicine. I always get a flu shot, and I got vaccinated as early as possible. Had one booster, and it’s time for another.

I’m a pin cushion.

Not yet, or at least not that I know of. Vaxxed and double-boosted college professor. Had dozens of students and colleagues that have had it, including one I was unknowingly sitting next to for three hours while he coughed and chatted away (a couple hours before his first positive test). Whole family has had it. Still in the clear. 

On 9/4/2023 at 12:52 AM, MrBig said:

I don’t know if it’s just me, but COVID has permanently messed up my sense of smell. I wasn’t able to smell for nearly 2 years and it was a huge mindfuck.

Happened to my cousin - nearly two years as well, and still not back to normal.  He said it really fucked with him as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Not yet, or at least not that I know of. Vaxxed and double-boosted college professor. Had dozens of students and colleagues that have had it, including one I was unknowingly sitting next to for three hours while he coughed and chatted away (a couple hours before his first positive test). Whole family has had it. Still in the clear. 

Ima go out on a limb here, you’ve had it. 

I think I’ve had it a few times, including in the last month. When I was still doing the Texas cares study and cared enough to test (more than once) when I felt symptomatic, I got a positive test and then had natural antibodies. I think I’ve had it twice since then. I haven’t been boosted in a couple years. Its endemic so I no longer have fucks to give

Christina Aguilera Reaction GIF

this complacency I feel of course makes me worry about the next, likely more severe, novel virus that the United States will take even less seriously than covid

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, B00M said:

Unless an individual can prove up with a negative N antibody test, the reasonable assumption is that their immune system has seen SARS-CoV-2 and seroconverted. About 25% had not N converted this time last year, and that number is clearly lower now. Almost everyone has converted via vax or infection, and a substantial number both. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m shocked that different people have had different experiences with severity of Covid…or that those with a propensity for dumbassery would abuse the presence of a pandemic to try avoiding work!  

Personally, it knocked the shit out of my wife and I for a full 24 hours each but recovered quickly (most likely) thanks to our vaccines.  CARES showed no infection-driven antibodies  leading up to it, so wasn’t natural immunity. 

And for all you WFH-haters, I actually continued to work on all but the worst day…whereas if I’d been a full time office employee, would have been obligated to stay out for another 3-4 days when I was still contagious / feeling bad.  So for me, a tenured and experienced employee working in a geo-diverse org, my employer actually gets more productivity out of me by not forcing me to sit in a hotel cube under the guise of ‘team building’ (after spending an hour in the car).    

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/25/2023 at 4:57 PM, B00M said:

Oh sure, it's very possible. But every single time I've had a good chance of exposure, I've tested twice a day for an extended period of time. So, no positive tests at least. And never any symptoms. 

4 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Oh sure, it's very possible. But every single time I've had a good chance of exposure, I've tested twice a day for an extended period of time. So, no positive tests at least. And never any symptoms. 

Have you ever been n antibody tested? It’s the only way to really know. 

On 9/25/2023 at 5:57 PM, B00M said:

this complacency I feel of course makes me worry about the next, likely more severe, novel virus that the United States will take even less seriously than covid

I may have had it in February of 2020, before it really became fullblown public.  Had the never ending diarrhea, dizzy head- like when you move your eyes and it feels like it takes a moment for your vision to actually catch up, and I had pretty extreme shortness of breath as if a wide rubber band was around my chest. Could have also been the flu.  I never tested.  Never went to the doc.  It was a month later that Covid was in the news.

Other that that, I have been symptom free and non-shitty feeling the entire time.  I work in public and was neck deep surrounded by people almost every day, to the point that I scoffed at protective measures due to reality of exposure in the stores and the workplace.  Last 2 months I have changed to a travel job. Still nothing.

I took the initial vax only because our son was in Spain and if they lifted travel restrictions, I didn't want to have to wait on any clearance.  I have had no boosters.

I have tested twice ever for Covid, and that was an idiotic process before a trip to Vegas for work, and then for the return home.  If we got exposed in Vegas, those tests were going going to do jack shit about it.

Edited by slorch

• 2 weeks later...

If I have one more person at work tell me they aren't worried if they have it and if they may spread it because it's just like the flu, now...

Hey, chucklefuck, I don't want your fucking flu, either. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

Anybody else get called back for TexCares?  They drew blood yesterday and I got the results back and looks like I finally had it after 3.5 years.  But I can't make sense of the report they sent me.  looks way different than the ones I did 1-2 years ago.  

What's the normal range for N & S?  The "total AB" number they gave me is 7 digit number.  Can that be right?  Or am I typing this from inside the simulation ? 

On 10/9/2023 at 4:17 PM, Incredulity said:

Round 4 for me.  

headache, sore throat, body ache, congestion.  Mild thus far, like bad allergies, but add body aches.

Down and out for 2 days.

This is probably my worst dance with COVID for symptoms.  Not awful, just really, really tired and body aches.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, orange dream said:

Only thing I have seen this year from Texas Cares is a kids referral program.

Maybe since you never tested positive they still had you on the radar.

Ah, finally downloaded the cover letter on laptop---which I should have done first but I couldn't read all the little type on my phone.  So they expanded the S range they report to like 220,000-so my 100,000+ number (not 7 digits, 6-I can't read tiny type) doesn't seem so unreasonable.  N range reporting was also greatly expanded.  So looks like it came and went (hopefully).  I was still on their radar because my anti-bodies with and without boosters kept me in the clear despite being exposed to it several times in close quarters.  But one more draw next week, and I guess they close the books on me.  There were so many times I felt like I had it though, right after the other three in my house had it multiple times usually.  But about 10 days ago, I was absolutely run down/gassed/digestion issues, and a bit achy for a 48-72hrs.   

Maybe that was it.  Would work out well since the only group events I went to were outdoors so hopefully didn't pass it on to anybody.  I was keeping my distance, but I always do.  But what the fuck with society?  I'm not saying go back to 6' and all that stuff, but in the last year or so, everybody's the fucking 'Close-Talker' from Seinfeld now.  Get the fuck away from me.  If you're having trouble hearing my annunciated Baritone/Bass voice with a non-descript/non-existent accent, maybe get your fucking hearing checked and get outta my grill.  And you smell like bad cheese btw.  /rant

But weird to see after all these years and probably 8-10 draws for the study, 6-8 on-site professional tests, and ~20 at-home tests...I never had it until recently according to the numbers.  

Stay safe y'all, can always get worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also still no Antibodies with daughter having it twice, probably 3 times (she didn't even get tested a few weeks ago, just acted as if), sister (came down with it when I was visiting her for a couple weeks 2 months ago and GF (twice). If it ever happens, I'm pretty sure I'm fucked. 

Just got new vaccine with the flu shot. 

Something else is floating around that ain't COVID, flu or strep rt now.  Started feeling run down Wed & had pretty bad sore throat, went to the doctor.  Tests for above were all negative.  He gave me a scrip for azithromycin anyway.  Started to feel much better yesterday, but then went downhill overnight.  Now bad cough, congestion, 99 fever.  Joy...back to the doc later this morning. Will report back later today if I make it.

I'm assuming this is what was needed to ensure the Rangers in winning the Series, so...yall are welcome.

On 11/4/2023 at 7:21 AM, freyguy said:

Something else is floating around that ain't COVID, flu or strep rt now.  Started feeling run down Wed & had pretty bad sore throat, went to the doctor.  Tests for above were all negative.  He gave me a scrip for azithromycin anyway.  Started to feel much better yesterday, but then went downhill overnight.  Now bad cough, congestion, 99 fever.  Joy...back to the doc later this morning. Will report back later today if I make it.

I'm assuming this is what was needed to ensure the Rangers in winning the Series, so...yall are welcome.

Same with one of my assistants. Had Strep, wrote a script for Z Pack, took her awhile to get over the other stuff, tested neg for flu and COVID.

My parents are both very sick with COVID. They were healthy and went for a COVID booster a week and a half ago. Felt the typical after vaccine effects which then worsened. A few days ago, they both tested positive for COVID. I'm curious if they caught it from the administrator. Pretty odd timing and it probably slowed down their time to get tested for COVID and their time to start an antiviral.