klanaggy pirate @ soldier texums :: 6pm SECN

Hagbard Celine

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

The best 4 year stretch in aggy recruiting. Mack's final classes were highly regarded too, and they still sucked on the field.

Most talented roster, bullshit. Sumlin's 1st year had a much better roster than this one.

2 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

This is the epitome of aggy. That team was their best chance at a title shot. And aggy fucked it up…

IIRC, the fan base was divided over Sherman and the SEC move with the favor going to ditching Sherman and the conference. From afar, I was of the opinion that Sherman was okay and fan bases like A&M get too jumpy to stay patient with a coach but a lot of that was hindsight and the majority of the fans were never going to be happy regardless. Seems like that is a perennial question--how long is too long? Sherman and his staff got Manziel but sensed he was wild and redshirted him, but again the next year, new coach, new conference, and they rolled the dice on the QB and it worked...kind of.

It was a short wild ride on the roller coaster, but nobody noticed that the rest of the carnival crew was packing up the trucks and leaving town before the sheriff showed up to inspect the equipment. Some of the current roster is capable enough, but the outsize expectations and drama don't do them any favors. The portal availability may add to that as well. Fisher was smart to make that contract in his favor, and the gaping space in an aggie fan's brain is filled with the looming arrival of Longhorn and Sooner teams that will add to their troubles.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I pulled a muscle in my rib section laughing from that safety.

He retreated! Does fake army hold fake court martial or what.

Quoth the Grackle: a poetic ending. Just needed a field goal and had 2:36 to drive to FG range and win by one. Figures that a grackle would be their poor man’s raven for a harbinger.

• Hook 'Em 4

I actually feel kind of bad for their QB and most high profile college athletes these days. Like I mentioned earlier, some of the fans were calling for him to come into the games last year and then during the off season the other QB won the starting position. So the dawning awareness that he is just an okay player seems disproportionate to the rage against him. I hate to see it, not for any team--Texas, Texas A&M, or otherwise. These are young men recruited for several years before arriving and they KNOW the expectations placed upon them by the fans but like middle school and hs students and bullies there is no escaping anymore, and it takes a toll on the psyche. They may have a lot of benefits, but coast to coast, it's pretty crazy how invested America gets into the lives of the players.

Sorry for the sympathetic derail, it's why I'll leave the football board and go back to the other threads. I'm not cut out for this....although the MS Paint cartoons are hilarious. @THUJONE is a genius.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

That ending was amazing. Loved the shot afterwards of Jimbo holding the play sheet up talking to Calzada like somehow all the answers to life were in it.

So good. What is stupid is that because of their BS hyperinflated pre season rating aggy will still be like #21

I'm not so sure about that. Already fell 8 spots or some such and other teams lower have won. Will depend upon the next four weeks of success/failure.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm not so sure about that. Already fell 8 spots or some such and other teams lower have won. Will depend upon the next four weeks of success/failure.

I just meant in this week's poll. I think they have a good shot of falling out altogether by end of season. That pre season ranking was just utter horseshit to begin with.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

That ending was amazing. Loved the shot afterwards of Jimbo holding the play sheet up talking to Calzada like somehow all the answers to life were in it.

So good. What is stupid is that because of their BS hyperinflated pre season rating aggy will still be like #21

They'll be ranked because they're playing Bama. Then they'll be unranked.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I liked when the announcers were making fun of the play sheet because 95% of it was highlighted. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

He’s molting. He’s actually a juvenile boat tail grackle since all the bird watchers started weighing in on Twitter when the dumbass announcers declared it was a roadrunner. I hope it made its way out safely though…but based on the crowd reactions to the bird…they seem to love it. A few even made signs for it during halftime. Not sure if it’s just how the younger people roll these days or a realization that the grackle had more rushing yards than your team. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

And the commentator’s comment when the camera caught the play sheet that was along the lines of “usually you only highlight a few plays. The whole play sheet is highlighted in yellow. That seems counterproductive”

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hornian said:

And the commentator’s comment when the camera caught the play sheet that was along the lines of “usually you only highlight a few plays. The whole play sheet is highlighted in yellow. That seems counterproductive”

My favorite part of the game was when one announcer yells out “This game is officially weird.” Like somewhere in the 4th quarter. As though it wasn’t before that pronouncement. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He’s molting. He’s actually a juvenile boat tail grackle since all the bird watchers started weighing in on Twitter when the dumbass announcers declared it was a roadrunner. I hope it made its way out safely though…but based on the crowd reactions to the bird…they seem to love it. A few even made signs for it during halftime. Not sure if it’s just how the younger people roll these days or a realization that the grackle had more rushing yards than your team. 

Hopefully it gets out before aggy starts worshipping it and promotes it to general/ school president.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

50 years from now, the legend will be the bird showed up during some other game and "willed" aggy to a win.

Then the bird will be immortalized as a sticker on the back of their helmets, etc.

They are aggy.  They invent traditions on the fly, because that's their way.

You’ll notice on looch’s tweet above that it’s already capitalized- The Bird. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

My favorite part of the game was when one announcer yells out “This game is officially weird.” Like somewhere in the 4th quarter. As though it wasn’t before that pronouncement. 

I’ve said the same thing every single time I’ve gotten to my seats at a game in which aggy was one of the teams playing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I just meant in this week's poll. I think they have a good shot of falling out altogether by end of season. That pre season ranking was just utter horseshit to begin with.

22 minutes ago, Snacks said:

They'll be ranked because they're playing Bama. Then they'll be unranked.

Got it. Yeah, that makes sense. If I were the ranking persons, I'd have placed them (based on the original QB) around where they are now or slightly lower. Some of the players like *Achane (sp?) and Spiller are quite capable but two players can't do it all. I was toggling between the Longhorn game and Mich/Wisconsin and settled on the Texas game as it was loads more exciting in both an oh my gawd (at the beginning) kind of way and then in just enjoying watching Robinson have himself a day on the field. Always like to watch a player have a good day in his position.

*One of my children ran XC/TF in the same classification so our family was aware of the FB Marshall teams from track. He is one fast fellow.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Based on what the bird watchers were saying he can’t fly well at this stage so no doubt he’s been captured. Furk.

Didn't the school chase the bats out of the stadium during the rebuild? Maybe the bird is showing up for its Alfred Hitchcock moment and this is the suspense leading up to  the inevitable conclusion.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

With the way they’re worshiping the bird, you’d have thought they won the game.

What’s really bizarre (even for them —I’ve given up) is that at that precise moment their team was in the red zone in a tied game about to score. I am at a loss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I actually feel kind of bad for their QB and most high profile college athletes these days. Like I mentioned earlier, some of the fans were calling for him to come into the games last year and then during the off season the other QB won the starting position. So the dawning awareness that he is just an okay player seems disproportionate to the rage against him. I hate to see it, not for any team--Texas, Texas A&M, or otherwise. These are young men recruited for several years before arriving and they KNOW the expectations placed upon them by the fans but like middle school and hs students and bullies there is no escaping anymore, and it takes a toll on the psyche. They may have a lot of benefits, but coast to coast, it's pretty crazy how invested America gets into the lives of the players.

Sorry for the sympathetic derail, it's why I'll leave the football board and go back to the other threads. I'm not cut out for this....although the MS Paint cartoons are hilarious. @THUJONE is a genius.

Yeah, this thread is not for you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

What’s really bizarre (even for them —I’ve given up) is that at that precise moment their team was in the red zone in a tied game about to score. I am at a loss. 

From the outside you don't understand it and from the inside.....ah, fuck it. It's aggy

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

50 years from now, the legend will be the bird showed up during some other game and "willed" aggy to a win.

Then the bird will be immortalized as a sticker on the back of their helmets, etc.

They are aggy.  They invent traditions on the fly, because that's their way.

I've given many aggy "the bird" and am still waiting for them to put that one on their helmets.

6 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

From the outside you don't understand it and from the inside.....ah, fuck it. It's aggy

Ah shit. I think I get it. So the bird made its way to the opposite end zone where aggy was trying to score. By standing in the end zone the molting juvenile boat tail grackle was signaling the team to go for a TD. The balls on that grackle. Instead aggy kicks a FG and ultimately loses…which they would not have(?) had they scored a TD? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Ah shit. I think I get it. So the bird made its way to the opposite end zone where aggy was trying to score. By standing in the end zone the molting juvenile boat tail grackle was signaling the team to go for a TD. The balls on that grackle. Instead aggy kicks a FG and ultimately loses…which they would not have(?) had they scored a TD? 

Naw it was more like 80,000 simps going “look, birdie!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4