Good win by Sark today.

lilMAC25

all that trust is great.
on the road, if this league's fuckery hasn't caught your attention....
Dear Sark:
TAKE
THE
FUCKING
It's instilling a culture.
We've actually been a pretty solid yard-to-go team this year.
If we miss many more like this, we should obviously rethink that.

Enjoyable to beat a team we should beat but haven't in their home stadium since Mack's last year. Sark has some bad moments in the decision making department but I trust he's going to learn from them. The more important part is he leaned on Bijan which he said he would do. The kid is special. Showcase him. Casey will hopefully improve with time. Some of the deep balls were bad today. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

TCU will finish 5-7.  So yeah, we haven't been many bowl teams yet.  But it's an underrated venue in terms of difficulty.  We won at/above the spread.  I'll take it. 

We very likely have one more game with these guys next season, so need to dominate even more to get that monkey off our shoulder. 

For reference, Mack Brown was 2-1 versus TCU here.  Strong was 0-3 by an average deficit of 34 points, proving that Charlie may not be...you know...mentally stable.  Herman was 1-2 with a bunch of question marks from the '19 and '20 game still lingering. 

This one was ugly, but good on Sark and the team.  Train keeps a rollin'.  Showtime Saturday... 

A road win vs. a team that hates your guts is always a positive, but we’re not “rolling” yet.

4 times this year, the team has done what we’re supposed to do and, today, even played down to the level of the opponent with mistakes and a little mild panic.

Sark did outcoach Fatterson, but not by a landslide.

It’s OK to be gruntled with a win Herman would have shit the bed and lost in regulation or OT….

The Prove It part of the season starts Saturday in Dallas.

Edited by Lou Loomis
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

This one was ugly, but good on Sark and the team.  Train keeps a rollin'.  Showtime Saturday... 

I was avoiding the forums during this one because I thought it might be a white-knuckle game, but yeah, a little closer than I prefer, but it's a W and we will come out ranked.

And Sark does appears to be building something, as slow-going as it may feel.  He's playing a long game it seems (pun intended).

• Hook 'Em 1

Exorcised some demons against a team that’s had our number. The refs tried hard to horse fuck us. Our WRs couldn’t hang on to shit. We either should’ve run RoJo at the goal line or taken the FG. Still great to see us impose our will and gash fat fuck’s defense. Hope we built some character today.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I was ok with going for it at 4th in goal line without the benefit of hindsight.  Bijan was completely dominant on that run and the chances of success were high.  Didn’t work out this time but 8 out of 10 times it will.  

Sometimes you just tip your cap to the defense for standing tall on 4th and goal.   

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it didn't used to be and it should never be again

and hopefully we don't play there again for an obi-wan-long-time

Right, hopefully in the future it would only be when we’ll need an early season OOC Cupcake Tuneup Game. 

12 minutes ago, burdine said:

Highpoints for me:

1)  the 4:00 min drive to ice the game running the ball when they know we were running the ball and rip their froggy heart out

2)  fed our playmakers on offense relentlessly

Both of these are huge for me, too, but esp #1. I have been looking for exactly that for years, and haven't seen it. It's huge. It shows that we can do it, and it shows that our new HC understands at least that much about how to play late with a lead and a running game advantage.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah Tech beating WVU today gives them four wins.  Pencil KU in as a win and all they have to do is win one more.  They get Fat Pat at home for a night game next week.

Tech should win their next 3. That gets them to 7-1. Their season hinges on the final 3 games, between a 7 win squad and a 9-10 win squad. ISU is beatable at home. Not sure about OSU and BU right now.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I swear, every time the man opens his mouth, he says something I like to hear.

"I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty" today (bout 3:45-3:55 in this link here) is fucking gold. I'm just nodding my head. "That's fuckin' right."

There are no bad wins. There are no good losses.

I'm trying really hard to keep an open mind on whether we had the right hire or not, but damn if he doesn't keep saying and doing good things.

I mean. 

Other than losing to the pigs, I mean.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 5

I look at this year's team through the lens of before Casey and after Casey. ULLA and Arkansas don't mean a lot to me now. That was the preseason. Neither does Rice. Tech and TCU are where we start to see the makeup of this team. Tech, things were really easy because Tech's defense is dogshit. TCU, things got tougher because TCU has a better defense combined with Sark outsmarting himself a bit with forcing the passing game too much. I get that he wants balance but today didn't call for that. You have one great running back, one good running back, and one possible explosive back. Throw in a mobile QB and there's a lot to get excited about and for Sark to lean on when the passing game isn't working. The WRs are going to be an issue until someone steps up. 

• Hook 'Em 5