That ain't Shelley, Urban...

SarkAfterDark

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

He also lost to Georgia Southern in a game in which GS attempted zero passes.

And yet he would have played for the National Championship in 2012 with Urban's team if ND hadn't miraculously survived 5 games against shitty teams.  Everyone knows Muschamp is a poor HC.

Jesus H Christ, are there people in here still on the urban to Texas delusion? Florida and ohio state are schools where shit can go Wild West when they’re winning and he found a way to go farther than Wild West at both fuckin places. Aaron Hernandez killed two guys coach. Meyers response, can they prove it? No they can’t. Start him against bama in the sec championship game. Coach Meyer we are pretty sure Zack smith is addicted to cocaine and beats his wife frequently. Meyers response, can anybody prove it? Probably not right now. Ok send him on the road to recruit and leave me the fuck alone. He would have lasted all of about 6 months here and left in scandal. Haha 

Edited by WinningIsHard
English is hard, username checks out assholes
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He’s left every program better than it was when he started. 

When Florida had to purge their roster of Monster Kody, the Grape Street Crips, the Pirus, the Bloods, the Medellin Cartel and Satan they wandered around in oblivion for awhile. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Check out Courtney’s Twitter likes. There’s one about Shelley being 35% swinger.

How is somebody 35% swinger?   It was like the result of her 23 and Me test where it comes back 60.% english, 35% swinger, and 5% Qanon nut job?  Maybe the 23 and me means her, urban, and 22 other dudes here for the gangbang?

How is somebody 35% swinger?   It was like the result of her 23 and Me test where it comes back 60.% english, 35% swinger, and 5% Qanon nut job?  Maybe the 23 and me means her, urban, and 22 other dudes here for the gangbang?

Maybe it means she’s involved about 1/3 of the time Urbs has sex with other women. The rest of the time he’s just bangin hoors without her
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Netflix Series: sort of an Odd Couple scenario with Urbs and Coach O each out of work but with tens of millions in the bank sharing a French Quarter condo and slaying ass nightly. Orgeron's a slob and Urbs is a neat-freak. They both have crazy exes. They learn from each other -- Orgeron teaches Urban how to make gumbo, and Urban teaches Orgeron how to fold t-shirts, you know, shit like that. Working title The Coonass & the Buckeye...have your people call mine and we'll do lunch. 

I’d watch that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I’d watch that.

Naturally we would have wanted Gandolfini for Coach O and Goodman's too old and skinny now. Good opportunity for a character actor to step up -- must look Neanderthal and speak authentic swamp gibberish. For Urbs we can draw from the deep well of "Mr Perfect-turned-psycho" husbands from the Lifetime Movie Network. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

Naturally we would have wanted Gandolfini for Coach O and Goodman's too old and skinny now. Good opportunity for a character actor to step up -- must look Neanderthal and speak authentic swamp gibberish. For Urbs we can draw from the deep well of "Mr Perfect-turned-psycho" husbands from the Lifetime Movie Network. 

You had me at swamp gibberish 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think Urban Meyer is an absolute shitheel. I would also take him before he could finish completing his acceptance sentence. On a bullet. On Aaron Hernandez's bullet. And give me some fucking scandal while we're at it. The lily white level of pomp and propriety with which many patrician motherfuckers continue to think of the Texas athletics programs needs to be softened. Fuck it.

Whenever Sarkisian is inevitably shown the door, whether it's soon after he disappears for a week midseason or in a couple of years after posting 3-4 consecutive 7-6 seasons, I'll still be happy to see them sign a fully scandalized Urban Meyer at 60 years of age. Adding to the glorious prospect of winning multiple national titles and recruiting like the fucking program should recruit, it will be awesome to watch a bunch of you hillbillies cybersob about it on this board. 

Of course, I'm sure they won't go after him, so I'm actually prepared to get on the Texas Offseason 2024 thread and cheer on whatever new mediocrity they hire until he shits himself a couple of times that September while the board decries roster depth and talent due to the Mack Brown era, I mean, the Charlie Strong era, I mean the Tom Herman era ... no, that still isn't right ... oh yeah, the Steve Sarkisian era.

So you’re saying if Urban starts by going 5-0, we would all be okay with him sticking all 5 in some bar random’s O?

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think Urban Meyer is an absolute shitheel. I would also take him before he could finish completing his acceptance sentence. On a bullet. On Aaron Hernandez's bullet. And give me some fucking scandal while we're at it. The lily white level of pomp and propriety with which many patrician motherfuckers continue to think of the Texas athletics programs needs to be softened. Fuck it.

Whenever Sarkisian is inevitably shown the door, whether it's soon after he disappears for a week midseason or in a couple of years after posting 3-4 consecutive 7-6 seasons, I'll still be happy to see them sign a fully scandalized Urban Meyer at 60 years of age. Adding to the glorious prospect of winning multiple national titles and recruiting like the fucking program should recruit, it will be awesome to watch a bunch of you hillbillies cybersob about it on this board. 

Of course, I'm sure they won't go after him, so I'm actually prepared to get on the Texas Offseason 2024 thread and cheer on whatever new mediocrity they hire until he shits himself a couple of times that September while the board decries roster depth and talent due to the Mack Brown era, I mean, the Charlie Strong era, I mean the Tom Herman era ... no, that still isn't right ... oh yeah, the Steve Sarkisian era.

Did you have a #2 choice last cycle after Urban said no? I remember you were down on the Sark hire, and didn’t like James Franklin or Sonny Dykes, and (I think) Gary Kubiak or Jeff Traylor. Were there any other gettable coaches out there you thought we should have pursued?

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Luckily we added an extra year to his deal compared to the other two buffoons (not that it will matter ultimately). Please tell me this thing wasn't fully guaranteed considering his history on and off the field? 

6 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Did you have a #2 choice last cycle after Urban said no? I remember you were down on the Sark hire, and didn’t like James Franklin or Sonny Dykes, and (I think) Gary Kubiak or Jeff Traylor. Were there any other gettable coaches out there you thought we should have pursued?

No. Once it became evident that Meyer wasn't the guy, I was worried about whoever it was that they were going to hire. The rumor mill went dry, so all I knew was that Herman was gone. When it was leaked the night before the Sarkisian announcement came out, I was in so much disbelief that I dismissed the rumor out of hand. I thought Sarkisian was a terrible fucking hire, but then I started getting some confidence based on the staff he was bringing in. 9 months later, yeah, well, whatever the fuck this is, it isn't good. 

I didn't dislike the premise of Jeff Traylor, I was just dismissive of it. He was never seriously considered once word came out about the search in the aftermath. It turns out, he might be a really fucking good HC. I assume he'll wind up somewhere in which his team is regularly on our schedule, he regularly beats and outrecruits us, and we get to listen to the guys at IT shout from the rooftops that they told us all so. Why will that happen? Because the last 12 years seems to indicate that we were put here as fans in order to be punished. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No. Once it became evident that Meyer wasn't the guy, I was worried about whoever it was that they were going to hire. The rumor mill went dry, so all I knew was that Herman was gone. When it was leaked the night before the Sarkisian announcement came out, I was in so much disbelief that I dismissed the rumor out of hand. I thought Sarkisian was a terrible fucking hire, but then I started getting some confidence based on the staff he was bringing in. 9 months later, yeah, well, whatever the fuck this is, it isn't good. 

I didn't dislike the premise of Jeff Traylor, I was just dismissive of it. He was never seriously considered once word came out about the search in the aftermath. It turns out, he might be a really fucking good HC. I assume he'll wind up somewhere in which his team is regularly on our schedule, he regularly beats and outrecruits us, and we get to listen to the guys at IT shout from the rooftops that they told us all so. Why will that happen? Because the last 12 years seems to indicate that we were put here as fans in order to be punished. 

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, best we can hope for now is that Sark gets Arch committed and the resulting recruiting boom that follows will get our talent level to a point where we can overwhelm most teams with it like Mack did. With enough talent on offense maybe he can be that front-runner. I’m trying not to get as pessimistic as you are right now, but your criticisms of Sark have been well-founded. 

The HFBC at Texas isnt like other jobs. Other jobs dont require you to do a weekly coaches show breaking down game film with dipshits like Lowell Galindo. It literally adds nothing. It doesn't help with recruiting. It damn sure doesn't make the team any better. Nobody is watching it. I've said it ever since Strong was here, respect your fucking coach's time and don't have him doing that slapdick shit during the season. Literally everything Saban does is regimented. Not one second to waste.

Edited by Pam Cummings

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The HFBC at Texas isnt like other jobs. Other jobs dont require you to do a weekly coaches show breaking down game film with dipshits like Lowell Galindo. I've said it ever since Strong was here, respect your fucking coach's time and don't have him doing that slapdick shit during the season. Literally everything Saban does is regimented. Not one second to waste.

I think you'd be surprised how many coaches have to jump on with local-dipshit-in-the-morning coming to you live from Wings n More every Wednesday.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think you'd be surprised how many coaches have to jump on with local-dipshit-in-the-morning coming to you live from Wings n More every Wednesday.

Yeah maybe a spot or two, sure. The coach at Texas has to literally break down an entire game's worth of film for a half hour TV show. Then he has to go dick around with Craig Way on the radio.

Edited by Pam Cummings

20 hours ago, Lobo said:

By "program", do you mean that young blonde's crotchal region?  

Did he really call her mom and grandparents?  

The story is that his WIFE called them.

I’m not saying she isn’t crazy, but I am saying I understand trying to defend her (rapidly fracturing) relationship.

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah maybe a spot or two, sure. The coach at Texas has to literally break down an entire game's worth of film for a half hour TV show. Then he has to go dick around with Craig Way on the radio.

Saban does a weekly show as well. you can find it on this youtube channel. This myth that the Texas job is so much more difficult than any other big time program is largely bullshit. We just keep hiring shitty coaches. Seven win Steve didnt get his name for no reason. If we ever manage to get the right guy in the fold and we win as expected, that guy will still be doing the same media bullshit. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/UAAthletics/videos

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I do not give a flying fuck about how much side trim the HC at Texas is pulling. I despise Tom Herman and told the board as much starting when the guy was rumored to be the guy, and I still thought "good for him" when the rumors about Kendra Scott surfaced. I think Charlie Strong was the worst coach in Texas history and I don't think he was "a great guy", but when I read up on him being named as the Other Man in a divorce lawsuit between a hot ass Louisville booster and her husband, I thought "fuck yeah, Chuckles, go get it". 

I don't condone adultery, but I don't give a shit that the HC at Texas is pulling wool. Barry Switzer is the fucking devil and I would go out of my way to risk my own life in order to take his if I was driving by and saw him walking next to a cliff. The guy fucked one of his coordinator's wives while they were all at the same hotel in Miami for the Orange Bowl. He's just a human trash heap. He also won fucking titles. Nick Saban feeds off of the blood of young orphans in order to stay young. Jimmy Johnson would fuck your mother and sister and you would still sign with that fucking guy. They won titles and in the end, that's what they're all going to remembered for by the CFB masses and media.

I don't give a shit if a HC at Texas fucks the cheerleading squad, denies The Holocaust and swears allegiance to The Taliban. If the motherfucker is winning titles and running over OU, Arkansas and ATM in the process, I'll be organizing his ticker tape parades. The last 12 years have shown me where the line is actually drawn for me as a fan. Baylor and Penn State are on the other side of that line, but it turns out that Urban Meyer isn't. To each their own though.

Clap Yes GIF

brav-fucking-o

are you the same CTJ from Hornfans?

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Huh… I got negged like a stuck up college chick at the bar on Jersey Shore when I said something similar to the bottom 2/3 of this posts.

of course, I wasn’t nearly as eloquent.

Edited by lilMAC25

45 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Saban does a weekly show as well. you can find it on this youtube channel. This myth that the Texas job is so much more difficult than any other big time program is largely bullshit. We just keep hiring shitty coaches. Seven win Steve didnt get his name for no reason. If we ever manage to get the right guy in the fold and we win as expected, that guy will still be doing the same media bullshit. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/UAAthletics/videos

Doesn't seem like something Urban would be down for.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You already want the head coach hired after Sarkisian to be fired?  Seems premature, but I haven't reviewed all the data yet. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Doesn't seem like something Urban would be down for.

Perhaps, but there are media obligtions if you want to make $6-10 mil/yr. Entertainment drives the entire economics of the sport, you cant just hide in a hole and scheme all week.  I don't know what Urban did at Ohio State, but Ryan Day has an hour long radio  show as well. 

https://www.971thefan.com/show/the-ryan-day-show/

This ancillary bullshit is probably a drag, but they want that pay, so they all do it. That has zero bearing on why we have sucked ass at football for 10 yrs. Hiring coaches so shitty that we could somehow manage to kickoff both halfs of the same game is why we have sucked ass at football for 10 yrs. We will win again when we hire the right guy as coach. Maybe thats Sark (doubtful, but we're stuck for the next 3 years so I pray I'm wrong), maybe its the next guy, maybe it takes 4 more hires.  

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

And this is new? No, it's not.

In the late 70s and 80s,  a weekly snoozefest but must see tv was  ... "The Fred Akers Show."

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

In the late 70s and 80s,  a weekly snoozefest but must see tv was  ... "The Fred Akers Show."

How about in the 1960s and 70s -- The Darrell Royal Show was must see TV on Sunday evenings.  In the early years he had to fly up on Sunday mornings to film the show since there were no proper production facilities in Austin.

14 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

I would argue that it made sense to do this type of stuff in those days because of recruiting. It was only "must watch" because there were no other options.

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

The HFBC at Texas isnt like other jobs. Other jobs dont require you to do a weekly coaches show breaking down game film with dipshits like Lowell Galindo. It literally adds nothing. It doesn't help with recruiting. It damn sure doesn't make the team any better. Nobody is watching it. I've said it ever since Strong was here, respect your fucking coach's time and don't have him doing that slapdick shit during the season. Literally everything Saban does is regimented. Not one second to waste.

These obligations exist at every school.

-Nick Saban has a radio call-in show.

-Ed Orgeron threatened to murder a caller on his show a few weeks ago.

-Bob Stoops used to have his show at the finest restaurant in Norman - Applebee's Neighborhood Grill + Bar. I'm guessing Riley is doing something similar right now.

-Steve Spurrier used to have the best coach's show on television when he was running Florida. He'd get on there and start running over opposing schools and coaches and players, and his own players as well. It was glorious.

-After a losing streak and rumors of his imminent firing, Lee Corso beat someone while at Indiana right before Halloween. He opened his tv call-in show with spooky music and smoke and candles as the camera zoomed in on a coffin, which he promptly popped out of and declared that he wasn't dead yet.

-Things got so bad during the end of Gerry Dinardo's tenure at LSU that the host of his call-in shows started actually allowing people to call-in and attack him live on the air. I was listening to it, and it is still one of the most unbelievable things I've ever heard in my life, and the guy actually started openly weeping during the set and pleading his case about actually being a human with feelings in a vain attempt to gain some sympathy. The call-in host was also overtly hostile. 

No, all schools have these things and they're often used as ways to pay the coaches outside of their generic salary.

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

Clap Yes GIF

brav-fucking-o

are you the same CTJ from Hornfans?

Of course. 

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

You already want the head coach hired after Sarkisian to be fired?  Seems premature, but I haven't reviewed all the data yet. 

Meet our new coach, same as the old coach. I swear I'm starting to believe that Mack Brown actually had a witch from Alquippa put a hex on the Texas program that won't be released until either his death or his re-hiring.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

We suck ass at football because we shot for Saban and Meyer but settled for Charlie and Sark.   Herman was just a little better Charlie and it’s insane he was our first choice.  

We let Mack dictate his exit terms, and apparently we should have offered Urban more than just money.  Like a downtown bar and bring in a weekly bus full of San Marcos sloots, maybe that would have tipped the scales.   We have now brought in our 3rd coordinator in a row and don’t appear to have learned a fucking thing.  

• Rage+1 1

I understand call in radio shows and that everyone does it. Like i said, Sark does one too with Craig Way. So then why a film breakdown show with a jagoff host on top of it? Put the fucking Craig Way radio show on LHN and do away with the film breakdown show.

Why else would Urban turn down this job to go do the dumpster fire shit show in Jacksonville? Because this place wasn't willing to give him enough control.

Edited by Pam Cummings

15 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Why else would Urban turn down this job to go do the dumpster fire shit show in Jacksonville? Because this place wasn't willing to give him enough control.

At the time, I thought Shelley was all over him about NOT coaching in Austin, but the Shelley = 0.35 x Swinger thing makes me dubious about that. The only other impediment I really considered was the cut-out position between Urban and CDC, allowing Urban to run the football program exactly as he wanted, with no accountability for himself. Seems more likely than Shelley insisting on FLA and the grandkids, but YMMV.

25 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Or.... maybe he decided he wanted to give the NFL a shot? The butthurt by our fanbase whenever a coach rebuffs us amuses me. Urban's no dummy, he knows that high profile positions open up every year. This year alone you have USC, LSU, and probably one or two more when its all said and done. If his preference truly was to stay in the  college ranks, he would know that he would be the #1 choice for every job that opened for the next few years. Yet he opted for the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 3