That ain't Shelley, Urban...

SarkAfterDark

20 minutes ago, MrBig said:

All this “controlling the narrative” stuff just shows how thin skinned the Meyer camp is. The way they are acting, you would think a sex tape dropped. I’m underwhelmed that it all of this came about from a simple dick grind.

Yep. You already won the thread with the book title man. Holy shit. Winner. 

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Celibate wives are the worst 

So this is a trick question, right? A venn diagram in which one circle represents all wives, and another circle represents celibate wives, with 100% overlap?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I am assuming you know who Christopher Cross is...

Yeah, he was the Texas actor who played the theology graduate in "Fandango."  He performs the ceremony at the end of the film and doesn't have to go to Vietnam

I think he lives next door to Meatloaf, Chuck Woolery, James Vanderbeek, Paul Simon, Edie Brickell, Kurt Neumann of the BoDeans, and Mia Khalifa.  And they all have orgies every night...sickies.  

What were we talking about?  Oh yeah, they're getting a new HEB out that way.

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

What?

It was my lame attempt at ribbing the guys who took the RV trip to the Arkansas game. Lots of flatulence comments in that thread before it was moved. 
Some of the Moms at the school sell those Scentsy candle products and essential oils that smell nice. They’re  kind and generous people but those MLM things are not my bag. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It was my lame attempt at ribbing the guys who took the RV trip to the Arkansas game. Lots of flatulence comments in that thread before it was moved. 
Some of the Moms at the school sell those Scentsy candle products and essential oils that smell nice. They’re  kind and generous people but those MLM things are not my bag. 

Wasn't lame at all. Gotcha!

3 hours ago, MrBig said:

Shelley does a press tour, starts her own gym, creates a podcast, then starts hustling tons of vitamins to create her own empire independent of Urb

Publicly embraces QAnon, wins Republican primary for US Senator for Ohio...

Let's stop there.

• Rage+1 1

Didn't the leadership at OSU pay Urban to teach a class on Leadership and Ethics when he resigned after the Zack Smith debacle? I'm sure this episode was "research" for his upcoming "must read" book on the subject. 

His book will probably be a best seller. A must read for all douche bags.

• Haha 1

The Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/2873190/2021/10/08/nfl-executives-on-the-urban-meyer-situation-with-the-jaguars-i-still-think-hes-in-denial/?source=fbhq&fbclid=IwAR0OQzQb5ySQUEuWGsAy0ljYsod2Y3rjDG0vskPXMLeDEY5yj0Z4R-dybHE

The video showing Jacksonville Jaguars coach Urban Meyer fondling a woman in a bar was shocking within the NFL for reasons beyond the actions themselves. As the news was breaking, coaches from other teams struggled to comprehend how it could have happened when it happened.

“It wasn’t something from six months ago?” one coach asked as the news was unfolding.

By now you’ve heard just how uncommon, even unprecedented, it is for NFL head coaches to stay behind while their teams return home without them. Head coaches typically would have been evaluating game video as early as the flight home, meeting with their teams the next morning and getting injury updates from trainers. Meyer remained in Ohio, site of the Jaguars’ 24-21 defeat to the Cincinnati Bengals last week, to visit family and, ultimately, to star in a video that brought embarrassment upon him, his wife, his broader family and the organization.

The fallout remains intense. Across the league, the situation continues to spur discussions regarding leadership, Meyer’s future with the Jaguars and whether Meyer can fit into the NFL well enough to drive even a fraction of the on-field success he enjoyed in the college ranks. Longtime NFL insiders offer their perspectives here. To them, the decision to remain in Ohio after the game reflects the No. 1 reason so many questioned whether Meyer could transition to the NFL.

Not on campus any longer

A college coach accustomed to wielding almost unchecked power over players, staff and even universities themselves suddenly must operate on others’ terms upon joining the NFL. Meyer was the ultimate power coach in college.

“College coaches are not like NFL head coaches, who spend all their time in the office,” a team exec said. “In college, there is no owner. The A.D. doesn’t come down and look for you. He comes down and your secretary says you’re out recruiting and he says, ‘OK,’ turns around and leaves. He doesn’t know if you’re spending three extra days in Florida on the golf course, and if he does find out, you can always say, ‘Yeah, I was recruiting in Florida, one of the coaches down there wanted to talk about RPOs, so of course I brought my clubs and then we had dinner and talked ball.’ ”

There is perhaps a distinction to be made between the average college coach and the power college coach. Kliff Kingsbury’s Arizona Cardinals are the last unbeaten team this season. Kingsbury came to the NFL from Texas Tech, but he hadn’t won big there or accrued power even remotely approaching Meyer’s levels at Ohio State.

“Jimmy Johnson succeeded, but a bunch of them did not,” an exec said of power coaches transitioning to the NFL. “Not Lou Holtz, not Nick Saban, not Dennis Erickson, not Steve Spurrier. It’s a tough transition.”

‘You are that guy’

If the power college coach is not accustomed to answering to anyone, that could explain why Meyer seemed uncomfortable answering questions on reporters’ terms during his mandatory availability this week.

Meyer made no eye contact with the cameras or reporters in the room while speaking. He swayed from side to side at times while pointing his eyes at the floor. When he spoke, Meyer denied that this incident was representative of him. Oddly, he said he should have followed advice he gave to rookie Trevor Lawrence regarding a trip Lawrence made to Las Vegas for the quarterback’s bachelor party.

“This happened back at Urban Meyer’s own bar in Ohio, so that’s his little spot,” an exec said. “It’s not like he walked into the wrong place at the wrong time. He knew where he was. And then, as part of his apology, he said, ‘I’m not that guy.’ Stop it, you are that guy. Your first chance of not being that guy is to admit that you were that guy — in that moment, you were that guy. To somehow deny it and say I’m not that guy, give me a break. I don’t think it goes well. I think he’s still in denial.”

‘Owner put him on notice’

The Jaguars hired Meyer on Meyer’s terms. They made him as close to a power coach as first-time NFL coaches can be. Some of that power could be compromised after team owner Shad Khan issued a statement calling Meyer’s behavior “inexcusable” while implying Meyer lost the trust and respect of the team.

“The owner put him on notice,” an exec said. “I don’t know the language of the contract, whether that is a fireable offense, conduct detrimental, with cause, or does he want him to resign? He is putting him in the corner. This is a guy (Meyer) with a lot of hubris. How does he feel about being chastised like that?”

Another exec with experience negotiating contracts thought Meyer’s behavior, while distasteful, would not meet the “dismissed for cause” threshold in the absence of an arrest or allegations. This exec saw the owner’s statement as potentially establishing a framework for dismissal if Meyer makes another serious misstep.

“I think he is trying to build it up to make it seem as horrible as possible so that if something else is close to the line, he gets to add them together,” this exec said. “The problem is that, three strikes is not the way the contract is interpreted. You need one big massive strike.”

Of course, an owner can fire any coach at any time if he’s willing to eat the contract. However, doing so would force the owner to admit he made a serious error in hiring.

“It’s about leadership for me,” another exec said. “It’s about, what would happen if he did that at a Fortune 500 company? Because what he did is not illegal. Do we impeach the president if he does that? Do we get rid of a corporate CEO if he does that? Do we fine someone? Do we put it in their employment contract if they are CEO that they won’t do things to embarrass? It’s all gray, but I don’t think the leadership is great.”

Meyer’s Jaguars take an 0-4 record into their Week 5 game against the Tennessee Titans. Their record and opponent are not atop their list of worries.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know if y'all read articles from Golf Digest...but damn they are good. This is a gem.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/urban-meyer-shelley-meyer-florida-home-photos-jacksonville-jaguars-nfl

Notice the flamingos...omg...

From Article:

"We're trying to work through this slowly, but the best we can figure out is that Jeannie Blaylock, a news anchor from Florida, was invited into the home of Jaguars coach Urban Meyer and his wife Shelley, presumably for a story that will air on the local news, and took the series of four photos you see above. You would think, but we can't guarantee, that she got the approval of the family before tweeting them out. In other words, the Meyers were probably okay with how these photos portrayed them.

Which is, and we say this gently, certifiably nuts.

There are so many details to fixate on here, but obviously we have to start with that coffee table. Open up that tweet and take a closer look: (Nicole says open the fucking tweet...omg)

Now, we have don't have to tell you this, since we assume most of our readers are normal human beings, but coffee tables or living room tables or whatever you want to call them exist in living spaces for a few reasons—to put your legs on while you're sitting on the sofa, to store magazines or remote controls or whatever, or just for simple decoration. One of those reasons is emphatically not as a display for photographs. We wouldn't roast anyone too badly for having a photo or two on a coffee table, but generally speaking it's the wrong place for it.

But 27 photos? TWENTY-#$%^#$-SEVEN?! All of them surrounding some creepy Tim Burton-at-his-most-depressed-looking "flower"? That is pathological. And Urban Meyer put every one of them out. Every last one. This man should not be working around young adults.

Here's the thing with family photos: Typically, they're placed strategically in homes at regular intervals, in such a way that they're not blocking other photos. Why? Because family photos are meant to be looked at. That's the entire purpose of family photography. But—stop us if I'm getting too advanced here—when you place one photo in front of another photo, you can no longer see the photo behind it, which defeats the purpose of photography in general. To put it in terms Urban Meyer might understand, it's like lining up all five of your offensive lineman behind your running back, then calling endless hand-offs. The important elements in this scheme are in the wrong place. (Actually, we're wondering now if that's literally happening in Jacksonville...)"

I occasionally read Golf Digest...they have good shit...if you haven't. Highly recommend. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He’s done after the season — if he makes it that long.

He needs to "retire" again due to "health reasons" ASAP. Of course I could see him easily trying to force Khan's hand and fire him for the buyout.

Edited by Vertigo

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

He needs to "retire" again due to "health reasons" ASAP. Of course I could see him easily trying to force Khan's hand and fire him for the buyout.

He is in deep shit. He is not well liked within the building at all. 

Apparently, on the dark gossip web there are naughty pics that girl shared with friends. I guess her friends aren't that loyal. Pics have been sold. Not available for us to see as of yet.  

21 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I don't know if y'all read articles from Golf Digest...but damn they are good. This is a gem.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/urban-meyer-shelley-meyer-florida-home-photos-jacksonville-jaguars-nfl

Notice the flamingos...omg...

From Article:

"We're trying to work through this slowly, but the best we can figure out is that Jeannie Blaylock, a news anchor from Florida, was invited into the home of Jaguars coach Urban Meyer and his wife Shelley, presumably for a story that will air on the local news, and took the series of four photos you see above. You would think, but we can't guarantee, that she got the approval of the family before tweeting them out. In other words, the Meyers were probably okay with how these photos portrayed them.

Which is, and we say this gently, certifiably nuts.

There are so many details to fixate on here, but obviously we have to start with that coffee table. Open up that tweet and take a closer look: (Nicole says open the fucking tweet...omg)

Now, we have don't have to tell you this, since we assume most of our readers are normal human beings, but coffee tables or living room tables or whatever you want to call them exist in living spaces for a few reasons—to put your legs on while you're sitting on the sofa, to store magazines or remote controls or whatever, or just for simple decoration. One of those reasons is emphatically not as a display for photographs. We wouldn't roast anyone too badly for having a photo or two on a coffee table, but generally speaking it's the wrong place for it.

But 27 photos? TWENTY-#$%^#$-SEVEN?! All of them surrounding some creepy Tim Burton-at-his-most-depressed-looking "flower"? That is pathological. And Urban Meyer put every one of them out. Every last one. This man should not be working around young adults.

Here's the thing with family photos: Typically, they're placed strategically in homes at regular intervals, in such a way that they're not blocking other photos. Why? Because family photos are meant to be looked at. That's the entire purpose of family photography. But—stop us if I'm getting too advanced here—when you place one photo in front of another photo, you can no longer see the photo behind it, which defeats the purpose of photography in general. To put it in terms Urban Meyer might understand, it's like lining up all five of your offensive lineman behind your running back, then calling endless hand-offs. The important elements in this scheme are in the wrong place. (Actually, we're wondering now if that's literally happening in Jacksonville...)"

I occasionally read Golf Digest...they have good shit...if you haven't. Highly recommend. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3