That ain't Shelley, Urban...

SarkAfterDark

with the NIL and transfer portal his shit would have started to get old a lot quicker at the college level and he knew that

he would either need to win (and probably win it all) ASAP at Texas (or anywhere else in college) or his shit would have blown up even worse especially doing that shit to "kids" and "children" and "students"

he knew that and that is why he did not take any other job like LSU, USC or any of the others where people would say "plug in the right coach and shit is on automatic".....it was clear those openings were going to happen sooner than later, but he chose the pros thinking that it would be easy, he would win a few games, be a fan and (winning) player favorite and he could start telling people shit like "the asthma field is over there".....except that shit went away in the pros with the salary cap and it is going away fast in college too 

ryan day is probably as big or a bigger cock than urban is, but he took over and kept winning and when you do that you keep recruiting, people mock your transfers, and the players that are starting and playing a lot of reps tell those crying to "suck it up pussy we win here" and that takes care of shit for you just like at Alabama (though personally I don't think Saban is near the dick that some make him out to be and nothing like urban or a lot of others)

results matter. if he had won at Jacksonville, would people would be writing about the genius of his method?

i don't think saban is all that warm of a coach. he's been portrayed as a perfectionist asshole. not saying he's meyer level but he definitely isn't a players coach. people don't seem to bitch much about saban.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

We can go back-and-forth on why-and-how he left Ohio State but he only lasted one more season with the Buckeyes than he did with Florida. The program rot hadn't really started like it did at Florida so perhaps he learned a few things from his time in Gainesville.

He’s a piece of trash was with the gators was with the bucks 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

His bullying probably works better when hes got a bunch of teenagers who can outtalent the competition but just lacks discipline. 

Doesnt work as well in a locker room of men on a largely-even playing field. 

the bigger issue is you can't just recruit over your starter, if he doesn't take to your "coaching", in the NFL.  you barely have a reliable backup in the NFL.

In college, with his recruiting, he might have a soph or jr that are close in ability to a marginal sr starter.  you have to find 22 out of 85 in college.  much easier.

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

There is so much of this that feels similar to that first Herman offseason. Belittling players, winners and losers, personnel decisions based on being a dick. How about we just never hire anyone again from the Meyer coaching tree. What a miserable piece of shit, can you imagine if Meyer had to endure this past season with our guys? Over half of them would be in the portal right now.  

As I was reading this, all I could think was this sounds like Tom Herman

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

There is so much of this that feels similar to that first Herman offseason. Belittling players, winners and losers, personnel decisions based on being a dick. How about we just never hire anyone again from the Meyer coaching tree. What a miserable piece of shit, can you imagine if Meyer had to endure this past season with our guys? Over half of them would be in the portal right now.  

Yeah, this article has me pondering what kind of coach Herman could have been with a less toxic role model.

1 hour ago, bullzak said:

Urban was obviously successful in college but I don't think it would transfer as well today. Portals, NIL, grad transfers. All that has really changed the landscape. Guys just don't have to put up with all that bullshit anymore. 

I am sure Saban is an asshole but there is a point to it and I think in the end his players respect him and what he is trying to do. Don't know if same about UM. 

Saban is an asshole, but hes not a piece of shit. He's like Bill Belichick his players like and respect him

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

results matter. if he had won at Jacksonville, would people would be writing about the genius of his method?

i don't think saban is all that warm of a coach. he's been portrayed as a perfectionist asshole. not saying he's meyer level but he definitely isn't a players coach. people don't seem to bitch much about saban.

He never had a chance at winning in Jacksonville, terrible hire all around

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

I'm surprised none of this fuckery came out during his time at Florida or Ohio State. Dude is toxic

I heard stories back when we hired Strong that Urban would stroll around during practice at Florida like an absolute unhinged madman, probably yelling and screaming and threatening. Then, Strong would go around after and let everybody know exactly what it was that Urban wanted. How that group ever won two titles there -- and then he got a third in Columbus -- is pretty remarkable.

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

“Who’s this 99 guy (Aaron Donald) on the Rams? I’m hearing he might be a problem for us.” LOLZ what an idiot. Hilarious how ignorant he was of professional football.

This is like the stuff I heard about Tarkanian with the Spurs.

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

ryan day is probably as big or a bigger cock than urban is

Day is a shockingly normal and down to earth guy given his position. His kids are assholes though. Urban is just a condescending dickhead who was in the perfect place at the perfect time at both Florida and Ohio State.  

2 hours ago, bullzak said:

Urban was obviously successful in college but I don't think it would transfer as well today. Portals, NIL, grad transfers. All that has really changed the landscape. Guys just don't have to put up with all that bullshit anymore. 

No question.  Add in that his read option offense doesn't work anymore.

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

We can go back-and-forth on why-and-how he left Ohio State but he only lasted one more season with the Buckeyes than he did with Florida. The program rot hadn't really started like it did at Florida so perhaps he learned a few things from his time in Gainesville.

The structural advantage that anOSU has over the BUG10 is 80 years old.  They have 'failed' coaches who lost only two games a year.   Not too many other situations are similar, maybe Texas in back in the SWC.  

• 1 month later...