House of the Dragon

crash_davis

20 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It was all about making her illegitimate as heir because Daemon knew it would ruin her reputation while doing nothing to his own. Plus he can f over his brother in the process. 

Yeah, but then he couldn’t get it up.  So methinks there are actual feelings there.  

It was long but I thought it was great. This is the sort of twists and turns we expect from Game of Thrones. I did not expect Rhaenyra to become a conniving horndog! Alcock indeed! (Sorry couldn’t resist)

And yeah the post credits previews and recaps are helpful. Looks like next week is not the time jump.

The weirdest part besides the gross implied incest (but GOT so whatev) is the deus ex machina exposition being dropped from the ceiling like New Years balloons. You mean to tell me Viserys suspected Otto of killing his dad to rise in power and be hand and then did nothing about it and fully trusted him for 20+ years after until today?

And what made him distrust him? Tell him the uncomfortable truth and being honest? Seems weird. In fact, that he is a good hand that has a whisper network and stays clued into the going ons in the keep and beyond it and has his ears to the streets for all things good and bad? 

Between this being the thing that ends Ottos political career and Daemon beating the boy who relayed that Viserys sent ships to help, lots of “shooting the messenger” which I think is lame.

Also thought the attempt to juxtapose the “prisoner in a castle to have babies” theory that Rhany says Alicent and other lady/royal women are subjected to versus free-willing fun was overly wrought in the exaggerated boring dead fish sex versus orgy house sex of the free willed woman. Gag.

Edited by MeerkatBong

I think it was more Viserys saying Otto rose to an incredible position at a very fortuitous time. What started Viserys to start being skeptical of Otto was when Otto approaches Viserys at the feast about naming Aegon his heir instead of Rhaenyra. He was already getting angry about everyone trying to force their son into a marriage pact with his daughter. He then saw a bit what position Otto was starting to put himself into as the grandfather of the future king. Then you have Otto spying on his daughter as a means to discredit her claim or make her ineligible and then it all started to fall into place. The Queen not pushing for her son to be heir made him understand that she was not part of this long play but she was definitely pushed on him by Otto. It just took Rhaenyra spelling it out for him to probe him to act. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

This is some good shyt going down... i like the show....

I came home to visit the fam this week...

My lil bro isn't into GOT at all... (only 15, i get it) 

But he came by the living room when orgy going on.... " what up lil bro!"  " KK what are you watchin?" 

i paused show and i went on a 60 sec back story... 

that's an uncle and niece smashing.. 

her dad the king was suppose to marry a 10 year old, his cousin, but instead got with his advisors daughter who is same age and best friend as his daughter.

daughter was doing medieval times speed dating, cuz she needs a husband... but you just saw her boing her uncle and spoiler she ends up with her cousin 

"kk im confused"  " this is game of thrones"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

God, you’re a miserable cunt. You bitch about everything. 

of all the people in this thread being critical of this show (and there are many), you single out my two sentences and have this bombastic reaction to them. tell me who's the miserable cunt again? so many fucking babies in this forum. that includes you @Skipper, you yeast infected vagina. keep this stupid shit up and i'll just start pm'ing y'all with scathing, ten-paragraph critiques of each goddamn scene. pussies. 

Edited by shadow_operative

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

of all the people in this thread being critical of this show (and there are many), you single out my two sentences and have this bombastic reaction to them. tell me who's the miserable cunt again? so many fucking babies in this forum. that includes you @Skipper, you yeast infected vagina. keep this stupid shit up and i'll just start pm'ing y'all with scathing, ten-paragraph critiques of each goddamn scene. pussies. 

Oh,  wait, that bizarre PM I got was because I liked someone else's post you were mentioned in?  LOL  You're fucking nuts dude.  Good luck with that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 9/5/2022 at 8:08 PM, shadow_operative said:

so, we don't have to exclusively slurp this show in this thread? we can even be critical of it?!? i feel like Leslie Knope around the 3 minute mark here:

On 9/6/2022 at 7:48 AM, Js1 said:

Stop caring what people think.   Or thinking your (general your, not you specifically) opinion is the end-all, be-all of opinions of a show. 

I find half this show boring af - all the succession stuff.  Holy fuck was it boring.  The battle stuff was way better.

see? i'm not allowed to criticize any tv shows. and i damn sure don't care what people think (have i ever?)- i couldn't possibly give any fewer fucks about what these bleeding vaginas like @Yev Kassem think of me, and that should be clear by now. i care about how every single tv show thread inevitably gets derailed when 12 of these absolute pussies pile on with the crying and bitching about how i, specially, criticized their favowite wittle show, sending them into complete meltdown. fucking losers. 

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Oh,  wait, that bizarre PM I got was because I liked someone else's post you were mentioned in?  LOL  You're fucking nuts dude.  Good luck with that.

you got that pm because for the last five years i literally only ever see your handle when you're whining about me. that's obsessive and sad. grow up, and get over me. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

you got that pm because for the last five years i literally only ever see your handle when you're whining about me. that's obsessive and sad. grow up, and get over me. 

I don't recall the last time I had any correspondence with you but #Derka'd.   I'll do my to ignore you if likes of other's comments gets in your feelings.  My deepest apologies.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I don't recall the last time I had any correspondence with you but #Derka'd.   I'll do my to ignore you if likes of other's comments gets in your feelings.  My deepest apologies.

thanks. i always appreciate it when one of my stalkers decides to retire. it's the healthy, adult thing to do. 

oh and yeah, "derka'd" for sure. totally my fault. in a thread full of scathing criticisms of this show, i was the guy who decided to zone in on derka's two sentences, single them out, and then cry about them while starting a fight with a mentally unstable man. right? yeah, "derka'd". you fucking clowns. you start this shit and then you whine about it when it happens. get the fuck outta here and never come back. 

On 9/5/2022 at 8:08 PM, shadow_operative said:

so, we don't have to exclusively slurp this show in this thread? we can even be critical of it?!? i feel like Leslie Knope around the 3 minute mark here:

Shut the fuck up Derka. 

On 9/11/2022 at 10:23 PM, WBT said:

Sex scenes with the two leading women of this show this week but no actual nudity from either.  What show am I even watching?

I don’t want nudity from the kid from Deliverance. She is fucking disgusting. Alicent would be nice. 

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

this show is slower than aggy's next NC. got damn i hope this shit picks up. 

it's a show about with dudes with swords. more butchering please.

It's like y'all forgot the first four seasons of GOT.  There'd be a really exciting episode with action and intrigue, and then for like 3 or 4 episodes it seems like nothing happens (while they build toward another crescendo).

• Like 1

Just now, DDD Dad said:

It's like y'all forgot the first four seasons of GOT.  There'd be a really exciting episode with action and intrigue, and then for like 3 or 4 episodes it seems like nothing happens (while they build toward another crescendo).

those were my favorite episodes of GoT. the best scenes weren't the battles of iron and steel, they were the battles of wits between characters like Tyrion, Tywin, Ned, Littlefinger, Varys, Cersei, etc. the story was compelling, the characters were cunning, and nothing was being telegraphed. as opposed to this show, which is just all over the place. one episode fast forwards three full years out of nowhere, then the next episode is like 45-50 minutes of build up towards two people having sex with nothing interesting happening along the way. this show is slow, and dull; the characters are one-note and boring; and the action they did have was trite, and predictable. this show is just not very good so far. very dissimilar to the early seasons of GoT, which i recently rewatched and have fresh in my mind. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

There was witty conversation and complex storylines being crafted. This has nothing but the travails of a horny, teenage princess, a weak dad who happens to be the king, and a drunk, fuck up uncle. Remove the swords and the period costumes and this could be a My Two Dads sitcom.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

The weirdest part besides the gross implied incest (but GOT so whatev) is the deus ex machina exposition being dropped from the ceiling like New Years balloons. You mean to tell me Viserys suspected Otto of killing his dad to rise in power and be hand and then did nothing about it and fully trusted him for 20+ years after until today?

And what made him distrust him?

Maybe he finally got around to seeing Little Nicky 8bf49ba50f82a2c3e83c037f1d5df52c.jpg
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

see? i'm not allowed to criticize any tv shows. and i damn sure don't care what people think (have i ever?)- i couldn't possibly give any fewer fucks about what these bleeding vaginas like @Yev Kassem think of me, and that should be clear by now. i care about how every single tv show thread inevitably gets derailed when 12 of these absolute pussies pile on with the crying and bitching about how i, specially, criticized their favowite wittle show, sending them into complete meltdown. fucking losers. 

You’re just a bitch who goes into every show just looking to be negative. You did the same shit in the BCS Season 6 thread and you got shit on over there as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

You’re just a bitch who goes into every show just looking to be negative. You did the same shit in the BCS Season 6 thread and you got shit on over there as well. 

don't let the fact that a whole bunch of you whined about my criticisms of the show fool you into believing you're in the right. these threads are not safe spaces for fanboys. people are allowed to be critical of the show. you wear your inability to handle this fact like a badge of honor. it's dumb. 

also, i don't know if you've looked around this thread, but almost nobody here seems too thrilled with the show. so why do you single out my two sentences and spaz out over them? your issues are your own. keep that whiny shit out of the thread. 

10 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

the cast does leave something to desire in looks tho...

og GOT had some good lookin folks.. cers, jamie, rob, jon, dani, sansa, viper, 3 dorne sister baddies, drogo, roz, missande, red witch.

only decent lookin characters so fair... daemons hooker, lil alicent, cris cole, 

Maybe but people were complaining earlier about how nothing really has advanced technology-wise between the two shows. People seemed to have gotten hotter in the future. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Maybe but people were complaining earlier about how nothing really has advanced technology-wise between the two shows. People seemed to have gotten hotter in the future. 

Maester :  The Wall is a marvel of construction that spans 300 miles and 700 feet tall
Acolyte: Do they have to use dynamite for that?
Maester:  Dynamite, what's that?

Also Jason Lannister mentioned Casterly Rock was even higher than the Wall

Edited by Haphap

There are always a few WTF look at me post but for the most part, reviews and opinions on this board are pretty level and spot on. We all sang the praises of seasons 1-5 of GOT. That was some magnificent writing. The show runners had copious amounts of material from Martin. It was very evident when the show runners ran out of source material. The story lines sucked. The dialogue sucked. A lot of important shit happened off camera. HOD is suffering from the same weaknesses.

It's fair to compare this series to GOT. GOT is the motherfucking reason why this show was created and why most of us are still watching. Right now, HOD is nowhere near GOT S1-5. It's better than season 8 but that was a fucking pile of shit. It's still world and character building but it's been slow as fuck. Some of the scenes are WTF. Some of the story lines, characters, and motives seem weak. But we'll stick with it and hope it gets better.

I'll keep watching until it gives me reasons enough to not. It's still better than the recent shit that Marvel and Star Wars franchises have been putting out.

• Hook 'Em 6

I can’t believe *I* am the one who is digging this show. I think a lot of the big budget stuff lately has been awful. I’m restraining myself in the Rings of Power thread because lots of people seem to like it and there’s no real point in me shitting on it (but it sucks).

Maybe it’s because I didn’t watch that last long HOT D episode all in one sitting. I like how the characters’ true colors are starting to show and they are all conniving backstabbers who are playing the Game of Thrones. E.g., Otto ain’t done by a long shot. He wants that grandson on the throne.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

I like how the characters’ true colors are starting to show and they are all conniving backstabbers who are playing the Game of Thrones. E.g., Otto ain’t done by a long shot. He wants that grandson on the throne.

Yep.  Given that we know 2 of the main characters are being recasted as much older soon, I've kind of just assumed all of what we've seen so far is background and have consumed it for what it is with some (yes somewhat cheesy in the case of the last battle) fighting and dragon scenes mixed in to keep the consumer that HAS to have that to stayed tuned in happy.  Not every show needs to go at a breakneck pace.  I mean we had THE event that ignited the war in the very first episode of GOT.  Of course they were able pace it quicker from there.  And while most are bitching about not enough action, I read some complaint earlier about it skipping 3 years (where presumably not much happened so shouldn't we be glad they didn't waste 4 episodes on it).   Obviously not knowing what comes next here I'm some what taking a leap of faith that some of the scenes now will pay off as the plot develops but I'm not disappointed so far.  And like others, I had such low expectations based on the last season that I half expected to tune out after first episode so that helps.

Edited by Skipper

i dont see people bitching about a lack of action, but a lack of substance. much of these episodes have been filler, particularly that last episode, with very little payoff at the end. they spend all this time building up the crab man, three years of the story goes by, and then *poof*, he's defeated and that whole story is over. this last episode was so slow, with so much build up to Rhaynera banging her uncle, and then again, when it concludes there's really not much payoff. its not that there isn't enough blood and guts- its that its slow and uninteresting.

all of my favorite shows feature violence- breaking bad, the wire, lost, GoT, BCS; but the violence was only a small part of those shows. those shows were great, because the 95% of the tome that there was nothing but dialogue it was interesting as hell. this show lacks that component.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

much of these episodes have been filler, particularly that last episode. 

I kind of disagree.  I wouldn't call it filler.  It provided a lot of background on main characters while also resolving question of who Rhanera will marry (in addition to potential future drama/triangle between Cole and her husband).  It reinforced Otto making moves behind the scene to dig up dirt on Rhanera/Daemon (including apparently paying Daemon's whore).  King re-commits to R as heir 100% (with Otto out as hand drawing those divisions).  We go through first half of episode thinking possibly Daemon has changed when he's as fucked up as ever now presumably irreparably estranged from his brother.

Again, considering we know in a matter of episodes we're doing a major time jump I'm betting a bunch of what went on this episode that seemed 'boring' may end up important.