This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

You are wrong. 

I don’t think so. If you want to say there’s private information that makes it clear he’s unsuitable, I’m not referring to that. Most of the people on this board don’t haven’t any visibility to that private information.

18 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Anyone who definitively declares Sark, at this point in time, a bad head coach is an idiot. 

He may or may not ultimately be successful, but there’s not enough good or bad information to declare him anything. 

Whereas with Strong one could point to the terrible coaching staff hires as the basis for saying he was terrible by season 2.

Strong had a better resume as a HC than Sark. At least he had won something.

Also, there were like 4 people saying Strong was trash at this point and we were roundly ridiculed. I know because Vic Mackey was one of them and I was like “hmmm, am I crazy?”

What we were watching was all part of the plan, they said.

Strong had a better resume as a HC than Sark. At least he had won something.
Also, there were like 4 people saying Strong was trash at this point and we were roundly ridiculed. I know because Vic Mackey was one of them and I was like “hmmm, am I crazy?”
What we were watching was all part of the plan, they said.

If Sarkisian had experienced Teddy Bridgewater we’d be making playoff reservations.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Any HC is his record. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

r Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Washington Huskies (Pacific-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2009–2013)
2009 Washington 5–7 4–5 7th      
2010 Washington 7–6 5–4 4th W Holiday    
2011 Washington 7–6 5–4 3rd (North) L Alamo    
2012 Washington 7–6 5–4 4th (North) L Maaco    
2013 Washington 8–4[a] 5–4 3rd (North) W Fight Hunger[a]   25
Washington: 34–29 24–21  
USC Trojans (Pac-12 Conference) (2014–2015)
2014 USC 9–4 6–3 T–2nd (South) W Holiday 21 20
2015 USC 3–2[b] 1–2[b] (South)[b] [b]    
USC: 12–6 7–5  
Texas Longhorns (Big 12 Conference) (2021–present)
2021 Texas 5–7 3–6 T–7th      
2022 Texas 7–4 5–3        
Texas: 12–11 8–9  
Total: 58–46  
  1. ^ a b

Some people are confident that Sark will win 2 more games this season to finish 9-4. That is possible. 

It is also possible he could lose 2 more games to finish 7-6. 

He could end up 8-5. 

But his record absolutely shows he’s not a great coach. And one could argue as many have on this board, that he’s a bad coach. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

2021 Texas 5–7 3–6 T–7th      
2022 Texas 7–4 5–3        
  1. ^ a b

Some people are confident that Sark will win 2 more games this season to finish 9-4. That is possible. 

He could end up 8-5. 

But his record absolutely shows he’s not a great coach. And one could argue as many have on this board, that he’s a bad coach. 

This is not a bad argument which is why I said “definitively”. Because by your logic Bill Belichick is a bad coach. Now, if you want to say Sark and Bellichick were bad coaches and Bellicheck got better, that’s fair. But again, with your logic you can’t definitively say he’s a bad coach. The irony is I actually believe Saek probably isn’t a very good coach, but I’d rather see the results first before fretting about it for another 6 games. 

image.thumb.png.d9d0a84fbdc2e95dd6e526865f06cdb7.png

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

2021 Texas 5–7 3–6 T–7th      
2022 Texas 7–4 5–3        
  1. ^ a b

He could end up 8-5. 

58-46 overall.  Take out the sisters of the poor and his record against P5 was 36-35 prior to coming here, which is very average. 

He’s now 8-11 here at Texas against P5, so I will say he’s not proving that he’s any better at coaching.  The guy is average, it just takes some people longer to see what’s obvious.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is not a bad argument which is why I said “definitively”. Because by your logic Bill Belichick is a bad coach. Now, if you want to say Sark and Bellichick were bad coaches and Bellicheck got better, that’s fair. But again, with your logic you can’t definitively say he’s a bad coach. The irony is I actually believe Saek probably isn’t a very good coach, but I’d rather see the results first before fretting about it for another 6 games. 

I think it should be simple to understand that the NFL is not college

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It is extremely possible that Belicheck is in fact a decent to bad coach that had the best player to ever play football in the NFL on his team for most of his coaching tenure. 
Brady left and won a Super Bowl and played in an NFC Divisional game. Belicheck ran him off and *checks notes* hasn’t made the playoffs and is *digs further in notes* 36-38 without Tom Brady. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

It’s also the NFL and the dynamics of coaching success are far far different. There’s no inherent advantage to coaching the Pats, or Browns. There’s inherent advantages to coaching places like Washington, USC, and Texas. 500 in the nfl is not 500 in college.

How long did Saban coach before he started turning out winning machines?

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I think it should be simple to understand that the NFL is not college

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s also the NFL and the dynamics of coaching success are far far different. There’s no inherent advantage to coaching the Pats, or Browns. There’s inherent advantages to coaching places like Washington, USC, and Texas. 500 in the nfl is not 500 in college.

Bobby Bowden. This is about people in here saying “definitively” he sucks. You just can’t say that - yet. 

image.thumb.png.a10f28e755916f45001e2e5efebfe552.png

34 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

58-46 overall.  Take out the sisters of the poor and his record against P5 was 36-35 prior to coming here, which is very average. 

He’s now 8-11 here at Texas against P5, so I will say he’s not proving that he’s any better at coaching.  The guy is average, it just takes some people longer to see what’s obvious.

And it couldn't be more obvious but visit any Texas forum and it is littered with fans absolutely giddy at beating kansas....kansas.

It's going to be a painful few years before he is canned and the functional retards who hire coaches here hire another failure 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

If tcu wins out and makes the playoffs does TEXAS claim the NY6 bowl due to our head to head over k-state?

Loser of the Big 12 champ game almost automatically gets Sugar, like Texas did in 2018. We’d go Alamo unless things fall into place to get us to Arlington 

25 minutes ago, austintiger said:

And it couldn't be more obvious but visit any Texas forum and it is littered with fans absolutely giddy at beating kansas....kansas.

It's going to be a painful few years before he is canned and the functional retards who hire coaches here hire another failure 

I don’t know if you’ve seen our team play recently but we don’t expect to beat anyone any more- especially on the road. Yes, it’s ok for fans to celebrate a dominant win. Even against Kansas. Unfortunately that’s not something unique to Sark. We’ve been bad for like a decade 

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

And then regressed.

And if you think what’s he’s done at Alabama isn’t a substantial level of sustained success higher than he’d ever demonstrated before over more than a decade, that’s on you.

They lost their starting QB after starting the season 6-1. You don’t know what you’re talking about. 

I think you might be bad at critical thinking or actually making arguments based on facts. Texas with this exact roster and someone who doesn't turtle in the 2nd half and let's this team be this team is likely undefeated or at worst a 2 loss team with those 2 losses coming from an OOC opponent early in the season returning the majority of their starters and QB1 going down and the other from a playoff bound #4 ranked team. 
Some of you forget how fucking bad the loss AT TEXAS TECH AFTER LEADING BY 17 in the 2nd half and giving up 6/8 4th down conversions. They ran 99 FUCKING PLAYS from scrimmage. It was so absurdly fucking stupid against an absolute dogshit team. Go watch the fucking game again. It's an embarrassment to the coaching profession to let a team that bad stay in the game for that long and eventually lose in a glorified high school stadium that seats 64k.
Don't even get me started on the OSU loss in Stillwater where we threw the fucking ball 49 FUCKING TIMES WITH THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN THE COUNTRY WHICH THEY HAD NO ANSWER FOR AND SCORING 3 WHOLE MOTHER FUCKING POINTS IN THE 2ND HALF. 
The TCU loss was fucking stupid and we got cute game plan wise against something that should have exposed TCU, but didn't. We "schemed out of the game plan" which means we practiced all week for shit we didn't do in game with a young QB who we asked to throw 39 times and ran the best player in the country 12 times. 
Some of you want to blame the players, like what the fuck games are you guys watching. What fucking planet are you on? 

You might be really good at claiming I wrote things that I didn’t.

What you said could well be true, but it doesn’t make what I said false.

I posted in the Ewers thread that if you look at the final AP TOP 10s 2018-2021 and the current AP Top 10 (so 50 teams) and don't even worry about whether a RS or Covid Year or anything like that is in play or not (though they are quite a bit)  4 of those 50 teams have been helmed by Freshman (Lawrence, Rattler, Stroud, Williams), 14 by Soph (including Sam in 2018) 16 by Jrs and 16 by Sr/Grad Transfers.  Steve may suck, but he's getting one more year at least with a Soph QB or greater to prove as winning conference/finishing Top 10 should be the goal next year.  Experience at that position does seem to be important, he will have it, so yea he better not fuck it up.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

You might be really good at claiming I wrote things that I didn’t.

What you said could well be true, but it doesn’t make what I said false.

Texas with a mother fucking potato at QB this season could be nearly undefeated.

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I posted in the Ewers thread that if you look at the final AP TOP 10s 2018-2021 and the current AP Top 10 (so 50 teams) and don't even worry about whether a RS or Covid Year or anything like that is in play or not (though they are quite a bit)  4 of those 50 teams have been helmed by Freshman (Lawrence, Rattler, Stroud, Williams), 14 by Soph (including Sam in 2018) 16 by Jrs and 16 by Sr/Grad Transfers.  Steve may suck, but he's getting one more year at least with a Soph QB or greater to prove as winning conference/finishing Top 10 should be the goal next year.  Experience at that position does seem to be important, he will have it, so yea he better not fuck it up.  

Now do Heisman and Doak finalists or winners. 

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

We lose pretty much all of our production on O next year. Hopefully that portal WR can ball, a kid playing HS ball right now can step up and the back out of Florida sticks.

And Worthy portals.

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We lose pretty much all of our production on O next year. Hopefully that portal WR can ball, a kid playing HS ball right now can step up and the back out of Florida sticks.

And Worthy portals.

Eh, our line (the most important part along with the QB) gets a year older.  There are tons of featured running backs, wide receivers and tight ends you or I can't even name and didn't go on to do anything special or even anything at all at the next level  that have won conference championships and finished AP10 in just the last 5 years who did so because they had kicks ass line and solid QB play.  It's no excuse to me.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

And Worthy portals.

Those portal WRs and Neyor have a chance to be formidable. The OL should continue to improve. #5 won’t be replaced any time soon. Roschon will be missed.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Never got the year 2 results fascination. Aranda, Tucker, and Herman all had good year 2’s but sucked or didn’t meet the expected results the following year. There could be more coaches that did this, and there could be others that met year 3 expectations and beyond. I think context matters in that situation. With that said tho Sark should easily have 9 wins this year and some. That blows but beat Baylor and win a bowl game to make it a little better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Levi said:

Never got the year 2 results fascination. Aranda, Tucker, and Herman all had good year 2’s but sucked or didn’t meet the expected results the following year. There could be more coaches that did this, and there could be others that met year 3 expectations and beyond. I think context matters in that situation. With that said tho Sark should easily have 9 wins this year and some. That blows but beat Baylor and win a bowl game to make it a little better. 

Herman was not the problem in year 3. That team had some unfortunate games including the TCU game where Sam threw 4 interceptions. It wasn't coaching that lost games in year 3 it was some pretty bad play. Herman also wasn't a problem in year 4 coaching in game. He had clearly lost the locker room and really fucking pissed off everyone. Herman didn't get fired for his on the field performances, which is why he was surprised when he got fired. He thought all he needed to do was win to keep his job. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, immamac said:

Herman was not the problem in year 3. That team had some unfortunate games including the TCU game where Sam threw 4 interceptions. It wasn't coaching that lost games in year 3 it was some pretty bad play. Herman also wasn't a problem in year 4 coaching in game. He had clearly lost the locker room and really fucking pissed off everyone. Herman didn't get fired for his on the field performances, which is why he was surprised when he got fired. He thought all he needed to do was win to keep his job. 

Eh, saying he wasn’t the problem is a stretch. Turtle Tom was his nickname for a reason. I think Herman can be a good coach but his failures at Texas fall squarely on his shoulders. 

• Haha 1

So does sark get a pass because he hasn’t lost the locker room yet? Even if it’s clear he isn’t the guy?

2 minutes ago, Levi said:

Eh, saying he wasn’t the problem is a stretch. Turtle Tom was his nickname for a reason. I think Herman can be a good coach but his failures at Texas fall squarely on his shoulders. 

I wasn't defending Tom Herman and I won't sit here and defend him. I'm just saying he won a lot of games and that wasn't really why he was fired. 

1 minute ago, MattyHorn said:

So does sark get a pass because he hasn’t lost the locker room yet? Even if it’s clear he isn’t the guy?

Who says he hasn't? He almost did last year, in year 1. You think we are fucking mad after some of these losses getting a glimpse into what the players think has been eye opening. 

There was a fucking players only meeting after tech. Think about that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Who says he hasn't? He almost did last year, in year 1. You think we are fucking mad after some of these losses getting a glimpse into what the players think has been eye opening. 
There was a fucking players only meeting after tech. Think about that. 

My view from the outside looks like doubt has crept into the locker room for sure. My only gauge on if he’s truly lost the team would be if recruiting (namely Arch) starts to falter. Sounds like you’ve heard enough from the inside to confirm my suspicions.

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

And then regressed.

And if you think what’s he’s done at Alabama isn’t a substantial level of sustained success higher than he’d ever demonstrated before over more than a decade, that’s on you.

Are we back to the idiotic “BUT NICK SABAN” bullshit?

because if you’re using a sample size of ONE out of thousands of collegiate HCs to try to prop up your argument, you’re making a singularly, spectacularly, utterly inane argument.