ALCS -- Red Sox vs Astros

Beau Vine

Just now, htown85 said:

This “blown call” was borderline. It’s hilarious that the media is working up a narrative for Boston clicks. The ump was bad but it went both ways. Shit happens.

In the end.  Fuck Boston.

I know the talk is about that one Castro pitch, but his ball calls on strikes isn't that bad.  That pitch and maybe one down in the zone.  

I am more concerned about all the fucking red that is outside the box, regardless who got the calls on all those pitches 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Starfleet Command said:

A breaking ball on the upper outside corner is more than twice as likely to be a ball than a called strike. Whining about that call is embarrassing. 

ESPN Stats & Info had that one freakin pitch called a strike only 23% of the time. Savant had it about 30% of the time as a strike.

Go jerk yourself off to keeekay, Passan. What a clown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

ESPN Stats & Info had that one freakin pitch called a strike only 23% of the time. Savant had it about 30% of the time as a strike.

Go jerk yourself off to keeekay, Passan. What a clown.

I looked at breaking pitches in that zone for the past three seasons and it was 63% ball/25% called strike over the past three seasons.

Jeff Passan's bullshit is part of ESPN's ongoing campaign to make sure everyone is focused on how the Astros only win when they're cheating or getting bullshit calls so that no one talks about the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers scandals.  They know where their baseball bread is buttered.

Meanwhile, the Yankees and Red Sox cheated their asses off recently and have been getting calls for decades, but it's the Astros who are in their 5th straight ALCS.  But only because they're cheaters and lucky, obv.  And the Dodgers employed roid freak Yasiel Puig and anal rapist Trevor Bauer, and the Yankees employed woman beater Aroldis Chapman, but it's only a big deal when the Astros sign Roberto Osuna, ya see?  The Red Sox and Yankees have been involved in multiple cheating scandals recently, but only the Astros' sign-stealing is still being talked about years later.

Yawn.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dbecks said:

Astros definitely deserved to win, I’m merely pointing out how inconsistent the HP umpiring was, across the board.

Fuck it, we got a series. Sale Day tomorrow… if that still means anything.

Sale has not been good so far -- gonna be interesting Game 5

22 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Jeff Passan's bullshit is part of ESPN's ongoing campaign to make sure everyone is focused on how the Astros only win when they're cheating or getting bullshit calls so that no one talks about the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers scandals.  They know where their baseball bread is buttered.

Meanwhile, the Yankees and Red Sox cheated their asses off recently and have been getting calls for decades, but it's the Astros who are in their 5th straight ALCS.  But only because they're cheaters and lucky, obv.  And the Dodgers employed roid freak Yasiel Puig and anal rapist Trevor Bauer, and the Yankees employed woman beater Aroldis Chapman, but it's only a big deal when the Astros sign Roberto Osuna, ya see?  The Red Sox and Yankees have been involved in multiple cheating scandals recently, but only the Astros' sign-stealing is still being talked about years later.

Yawn.

The fact that Cora, one of the two main architects of the system, is permitted to be a manager shows what a joke the whole thing was.  They finally got rid of Luhnow though, which is probably what the league really wanted.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Exactly. Just came to post that. Had the Astros hinch  and lunhow the way the Red Sox kept Cora they would be talking about it with a billion articles of how wrong it is. So every Red Sox, dodger and yankee fan can suck a huge, veiny, aid infested cock.

Go to a Dodgers fan and ask them which they'd prefer: suspensions of some of their players strategically spread out throughout the next season or losing Roberts and Freidman permanently.  Then tell me again with a straight face that the Astros weren't punished.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Exactly. Just came to post that. Had the Astros hinch  and lunhow the way the Red Sox kept Cora they would be talking about it with a billion articles of how wrong it is. So every Red Sox, dodger and yankee fan can suck a huge, veiny, aid infested cock.

And Hinch's greatest crime was that he didn't protest it's used hard enough, unlike Cora who actually instigated for it and helped design it.  Also, they couldn't even find any concrete evidence linking Luhnow to the scheme (though i'm sure he was aware to some extent).  Luhnow built the whole fucking org from the foundation up and losing him was a very heavy price to pay.  And these idiot fans are screaming "cheaters" after the game.  lmao.

Edited by Starfleet Command
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yea it blows my mind that Red Sox fans yell cheaters when they cheated in 2018. And it’s glossed over and ignored which is why I’m just embracing the hate. 

You want some hate. I’ve been to Fenway park and it’s a fucking shit hole Cracker Jack box stadium. Then you leave and the stench from the neighborhood makes it worse. But it’s Boston which is one of the biggest shithole cities I’ve ever stepped foot in. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea it blows my mind that Red Sox fans yell cheaters when they cheated in 2018. And it’s glossed over and ignored which is why I’m just embracing the hate. 

You want some hate. I’ve been to Fenway park and it’s a fucking shit hole Cracker Jack box stadium. Then you leave and the stench from the neighborhood makes it worse. But it’s Boston which is one of the biggest shithole cities I’ve ever stepped foot in. 

I missed the whole "relaying signals to the batters in real time" scandal for the Sox in '18.  Must've been because they keep the roof open at Fenway... so it's harder to hear the banging.

Edited by dbecks

16 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

This is a dumb statement. Sure their accents, weather, and Duncan Donuts suck. But Boston is a great city and Fenway is one of the best MLB stadiums.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, dbecks said:

I missed the whole "relaying signals to the batters in real time" scandal for the Sox in '18.  Must've been because they keep the roof open at Fenway... so it's harder to hear the banging.

They just needed Apple watches to track their overtime for those 5 hour games...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I just don’t understand the hubbub about a missed strike call. It wasn’t blatantly wrong. On any given day during the regular season, there are dozens if not hundreds of similar misses. We bitch a lot but I have to think that it’s a pretty tough to call balls and strikes with the velocity, ball movement and catcher framing and view obstruction. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Starfleet Command said:

The guy had no business calling that game.  The fact that post-season work isn't merit based in some fashion is absurd but this is MLB.  I also don't buy the ump union being the entire and insuperable roadblock to fixing some of these issues.  Just negotiate.  

correct, when he gifted the Red Sox two first inning runs by calling pitch #12 a ball instead of strike 3.  Pitch in the exact same spot as the 9th, ruined the Stros shutout.  He should be gone.