[BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only

BurntOrange&White

7 hours ago, ousux said:
10 hours ago, Bigjohns97 said:
Both my wife and I were fully vaccinated her pfizer and me Moderna. Come into contact with someone who had it pre symptom and we both caught it. Tested positive with light symptoms.

Would we probably have had more severe symptoms if we hadn't been vaxed. Sure.

But saying you won't get it if your vaxed is just flat out wrong.

It would be much easier to dispell that notion if the President of the United States hadnt gone on camera and said that very thing ("you can't get covid if you've been vaccinated")...iirc he repeated it just in case nobody heard it the first time. If anyone thinks he misspoke or didnt know what he was saying at the time, thats an even bigger issue, but a discussion for another thread. But at the same time, anyone who thumbs their nose at people for believing false info about covid obviously haven't been paying attention to all the conflicting/ever changing info, mixed messages etc being put out there by the most visible/influential people since this whole thing started.

Except he didn't say that. The closest thing that I could find was him telling construction workers recently that he's working to get all medical workers vaccinates, so patients don't have to worry about catching COVID when they go to the hospital. Poor messaging, sure. It's way too firm and borders on an absolute, which should be avoided at all costs. But it's not the same as point blank saying, "You can't get Covid if you've been vaccinated."

You're comparing people not saying the exact right thing or saying conflicting things based on ever-changing data with people purposely and knowingly spreading lies and misinformation and preying on people's fear, anger, and distrust.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He'd still be fired if WSU was 6-0. The state isn't going to nationally embarrass itself by making an obviously bullshit exemption for one of their highest paid state employees 'cuz football.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Agree. Washington is not Louisiana.

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Saban is smart and ruthlessly self interested. I truly mean that, might not could be a Fields Medal winner but he’d be a success in almost anything he chose to do.

Lots of football coaches are meatheads. Even good ones. That’s one reason why Saban is able to dominate this profession like he does. 

Oh god, there you go again about the Fields Medal.  You know what, Shove that medal up your ass.  I don't give a shit about Fields Medal!  'Cause I knew you before.

Losing Banks would be less than ideal. I’d imagine Gideon would shift over to ST since that was his role at Ole Miss. Couldn’t fault Banks for taking a job at his alma mater for a decent pay raise but it would still suck. I’ve enjoyed more or less not having to hold my breath every ST play like I had to during the Herman or Strong years.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

He'd still be fired if WSU was 6-0. The state isn't going to nationally embarrass itself by making an obviously bullshit exemption for one of their highest paid state employees 'cuz football.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

A little color on the piousness of PNW political leaders.

• Rage+1 1

Could Banks hypothetically just up and leave Texas mid-season if WSU offered him the job?  I don't know that they would, but I don't know that's been done in CFB since I've been following it. 

I'm guessing they just run out the clock with somebody stepping up as interim head coach from within, they promote some position guys/analysts up the food chain to fill in those other 3-4 spots.  And then populate their lowest rank coaching jobs with friends and family that aren't working for another institution right now, so they can at least have warm bodies to call on recruits as per NCAA regulations.  As the AD/administration, you hate to fuck over the remaining coaches but I guess the reality is, "We need you to finish out the year with the program.  Full transparency---we're hiring from outside in December and giving that coach carte blanche to turnover the whole staff or pick who he wants to keep.  If you want to start looking elsewhere in December, you have our endorsement and the exit payment will be determined then."  Looks like from early beat writers, the rest of the staff is sticking around and being standup guys.  

If this were a tennis or golf coach, besides the lower profile of the sports, I don't think it would resonate so strangely.  Given that football is the team sport that requires you to give up so much more of your body than any other sport.  Nothing against how hard they train in other sports, all the nutrition, recovery, supplements, off-season regiment, etc.  They're all badasses, but football also has this other little thing in the back of your mind, "Oh yeah, every week there's a decent chance you'll be permanently injured for the rest of your life, if you're not knocked out with brain damage first."  That's a pretty big sacrifice to make for a program, for a school, for a state.  And your coach can't meet you 10% of the way.  

Coach Rolovich strikes me as the kinda guy that says shit at the year-end awards banquet like, "I love you guys.  I'm so proud of the fight you got in you.  I would take a bullet for each and every one of you."  But a needle?  Nope, those make him queasy. 

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Could Banks hypothetically just up and leave Texas mid-season if WSU offered him the job?  I don't know that they would, but I don't know that's been done in CFB since I've been following it. 

That is not a thing, an interim guy on staff will finish out the season.  It will just suck for them being down so many assistants, but I'm guessing you just interimly (not a word) promote analysts and grad assistants to fill the gaps.  It's only like another 6 weeks. 

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm guessing they just run out the clock with somebody stepping up as interim head coach from within, they promote some position guys/analysts up the food chain to fill in those other 3-4 spots.  And then populate their lowest rank coaching jobs with friends and family that aren't working for another institution right now, so they can at least have warm bodies to call on recruits as per NCAA regulations.  As the AD/administration, you hate to fuck over the remaining coaches but I guess the reality is, "We need you to finish out the year with the program.  Full transparency---we're hiring from outside in December and giving that coach carte blanche to turnover the whole staff or pick who he wants to keep.  If you want to start looking elsewhere in December, you have our endorsement and the exit payment will be determined then."  Looks like from early beat writers, the rest of the staff is sticking around and being standup guys.  

@Js1  So we agreed....They'll move up some junior staffers and you and I will take over as co-defensive analysts.  We can get a place together in Pullman like we always talked about.  

Edited by Lobo

Yeah these upperclassmen at WSU have been through the ringer - 2 coaching changes, 2 teammate deaths and a pandemic.  Just let them finish their fucking careers and graduate without throwing a new head coach at them mid-season from outside the staff. 

Edited by Js1

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Re: Jeff Banks - has any other special teams coach been offered a HC job? Seems like a stretch for a Pac10 program 

Not college but John Harbaugh was ST and DB coach for the Eagles before becoming Ravens Head Coach. Joe Judge was Patriots ST coach prior to being hired by the Giants as their HC.

Just now, GTX Horn said:

Not college but John Harbaugh was ST and DB coach for the Eagles before becoming Ravens Head Coach. Joe Judge was Patriots ST coach prior to being hired by the Giants as their HC.

The interim guy for the Raiders is the ST coach too.  

• Hook 'Em 1

New 1st question for every interview in that state.  Vaccinated yes or no?   I’m vaccinated and I’ve encouraged everyone I know to get vaccinated but I’m not on board with state or federal gov’t telling people to put something in your body or lose your job.  That is a very bad precedent to set.  

Just now, stork642 said:

New 1st question for every interview in that state.  Vaccinated yes or no?   I’m vaccinated and I’ve encouraged everyone I know to get vaccinated but I’m not on board with state or federal gov’t telling people to put something in your body or lose your job.  That is a very bad precedent to set.  

The government has already done that for many, many years. Might want to brush up on vaccine requirements for members of the military, VA employees, etc.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Well, I guess that makes the needless deaths ok. 
We probably shouldn't have had vaccines for diseases that had more people survive than die. 
What a fucking idiot. 

You mean like the people who have religious exemptions that are in schools with your children (if you have any) for all of the other diseases for which there is a vaccine? Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, stork642 said:

It's been set for decades. Why are you just getting upset about it now?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

Public schools, etc., etc.

Exactly. Typing from my phone and didn't want to list out the very exhaustive list to a seriously dumb statement that will likely just be ignored because we've turned into a selfish nation that doesn't give a shit about the greater good.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to [BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only