[BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, deac_tracy said:

Seeing a game at Wazzou is awesome. You can go to Saguaro National Park during the day and it's so close to Silicon Valley. Maybe check out a concert at the Hollywood Bowl the next day.

You can also head over to the Lincoln Memorial and other national landmarks.  Check out Marine Barracks next time you're there.  The evening parade is amazing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is an absolutely gorgeous stadium and badass place to watch a game... and is also not where Washington State plays.

Not technically true. The Apple Cup is played there every other year and, on those occasions, one could tailgate on a boat if you are so inclined.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

Even as it’s being reported that antibodies from already having it are stronger for combating it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/10/prior-infection-vs-vaccination-why-everyone-should-get-a-covid-19-shot/

And, even if that was correct, you would rather take the risk of a much more serious case of COVID shooting for natural antibodies than getting vaxxed, where you may still get a COVID, but it is much less likely for it to kill you or have serious long term consequences? And you'd get those natural antibodies on top of the vaccination.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Could Banks hypothetically just up and leave Texas mid-season if WSU offered him the job?  I don't know that they would, but I don't know that's been done in CFB since I've been following it. 

I'm guessing they just run out the clock with somebody stepping up as interim head coach from within, they promote some position guys/analysts up the food chain to fill in those other 3-4 spots.  And then populate their lowest rank coaching jobs with friends and family that aren't working for another institution right now, so they can at least have warm bodies to call on recruits as per NCAA regulations.  As the AD/administration, you hate to fuck over the remaining coaches but I guess the reality is, "We need you to finish out the year with the program.  Full transparency---we're hiring from outside in December and giving that coach carte blanche to turnover the whole staff or pick who he wants to keep.  If you want to start looking elsewhere in December, you have our endorsement and the exit payment will be determined then."  Looks like from early beat writers, the rest of the staff is sticking around and being standup guys.  

If this were a tennis or golf coach, besides the lower profile of the sports, I don't think it would resonate so strangely.  Given that football is the team sport that requires you to give up so much more of your body than any other sport.  Nothing against how hard they train in other sports, all the nutrition, recovery, supplements, off-season regiment, etc.  They're all badasses, but football also has this other little thing in the back of your mind, "Oh yeah, every week there's a decent chance you'll be permanently injured for the rest of your life, if you're not knocked out with brain damage first."  That's a pretty big sacrifice to make for a program, for a school, for a state.  And your coach can't meet you 10% of the way.  

Coach Rolovich strikes me as the kinda guy that says shit at the year-end awards banquet like, "I love you guys.  I'm so proud of the fight you got in you.  I would take a bullet for each and every one of you."  But a needle?  Nope, those make him queasy. 

Good Lord, but you are wordy.

31 minutes ago, royiv said:

The government has already done that for many, many years. Might want to brush up on vaccine requirements for members of the military, VA employees, etc.

So the mandate was in place before he was hired?   He took the job not knowing this was a requirement.  Not the same.  

• Fuck You 6

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They also change the rules of the game he was hired to coach every year.  I guess he should just be allowed to ignore those rules because they weren't part of the game he was hired to coach.

Sark shouldn't have to play an SEC conference schedule next year because we weren't in the SEC when he was hired.  Changed the parameters of his hiring! Not fair! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The federal mandate is to take the vaccine or face weekly testing. Again, I wonder why that last part is left out? You can keep your job, just need to be tested and many employers ask the unvaccinated wear a mask. It's not just about "muh freedomes," others around you also have freedom to not be exposed to a highly contagious virus when the hospitals are at capacity. The fact that you people only mention the vaccine part is to maintain your political outrage.

There’s no such thing as a freedom to not be exposed to a highly contagious virus. If there were, they wouldn’t have sold all you dumbasses on “15 days to slow the spread” and “do it for grandma and grandpa”.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

There’s no such thing as a freedom to not be exposed to a highly contagious virus. If there were, they wouldn’t have sold all you dumbasses on “15 days to slow the spread” and “do it for grandma and grandpa”.

What is your reasoning for people not losing their jobs?

10 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Good people can feel bad for a guy losing his job cause he didn't want his employer making medical decisions for him.

This has been happening for decades if you work for the state/fed.  

Don't like it? Don't take the job.  

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to [BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only
30 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Got damn it back to football.

There is only one question we should be concerned with after we finished  laughing at this dumbass who fucked around and found out.  Do they have any decent Olinemen, WRs, or LBs we can poach or not?

As much as it pains me to say it, I’m willing to bet they have at least two o linemen that could improve our performance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Both my wife and I were fully vaccinated her pfizer and me Moderna. Come into contact with someone who had it pre symptom and we both caught it. Tested positive with light symptoms.

Would we probably have had more severe symptoms if we hadn't been vaxed. Sure.

But saying you won't get it if your vaxed is just flat out wrong.

It’s because your wife goes to the COVID ward and fucks each unvaccinated patient before they die. It was just a matter of time before she got a breakthrough case and brought it home.

Funny thing is when she was getting fucked, one of her partners kept saying he’d give her a breakthrough case because of his huge…well…anyway long story short…if you want to discuss breakthrough cases maybe this isn’t the right place.
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eskimohorn said:

It’s because your wife goes to the COVID ward and fucks each unvaccinated patient before they die. It was just a matter of time before she got a breakthrough case and brought it home.

Funny thing is when she was getting fucked, one of her partners kept saying he’d give her a breakthrough case because of his huge…well…anyway long story short…if you want to discuss breakthrough cases maybe this isn’t the right place.

Ah nice projection, 2/2 is hardly "breakthrough case" stats but hey you keep sucking that MSM dick fella.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

43 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

ron burgundy GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah these upperclassmen at WSU have been through the ringer - 2 coaching changes, 2 teammate deaths and a pandemic.  Just let them finish their fucking careers and graduate without throwing a new head coach at them mid-season from outside the staff. 

To be fair, change coaches to bosses and teammate to friend and you've just described 90% of 22-24 year olds. The biggest tragedy they've had to endure is being stuck in Pullman for all of this time.

3 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Not college but John Harbaugh was ST and DB coach for the Eagles before becoming Ravens Head Coach. Joe Judge was Patriots ST coach prior to being hired by the Giants as their HC.

You just named the exception to the rule and a guy close to getting fired in Year 2.  As someone once explained to me, Special Teams coaches get to deal with the bottom of the roster, the guys just happy to be there and working their asses off just to get a play or two on the field, and the young studs eager to make a mark with a vicious hit/block/turnover.  Your only coaching interaction is with the HC who doesn't really care as long as you don't suck and cost games. As HC you have to deal with the entire roster. The great kids, the lunch pails, the spoiled brats, the entitled superstars, and a plethora of booster/Admin headaches.  It will bury someone not ready.

Immunization Recommendations | Cougar Health Services | Washington State University (wsu.edu)

to attend or work at WSU, you have been required to get a basic set of vaccinations for years.  They also have an extensive list of recommended vaccines.

I am wondering where the outrage was over the past 50 years...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1