[Game Thread] Texas at Baylor 11am on ABC

GreenspointTexas

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

Wtf is this?  I'm pretty sure Nick Saban could take the same talent we have and would not have lost the last 3 games.  Blowing 3 straight double digit second half leads is straight up coaching.  Turtle Tom wasn't even this bad.  

Kind of agree with this.  Because Nick Satan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

That has nothing to do with the context of his tweet. Y’all are both doing ad hominem attacks for whatever fucking reason.

The context of his tweet was players walking off with out staying with the rest of the team which confirms this team isn’t together at all.

Thats it. 

Yet he mentioned the eyes…..he knows what he’s doing. 

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Is that what the 11:00 game slot is called now?

Craig & Roger even laughed about it uncomfortably on the radio call during the game today that the next game (and implied all the rest of them this year) would be at 11:00am to the effect of:
"Craig: 'Guess what gametime will be next week?' -- "Roger: 'I think I know already!'"

Fuck this petty, shitty little gravy-train-grifters conference!  Fuck the Big12!

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Wtf is this?  I'm pretty sure Nick Saban could take the same talent we have and would not have lost the last 3 games.  Blowing 3 straight double digit second half leads is straight up coaching.  Turtle Tom wasn't even this bad.  

Nick saban lost his defensive leader against one of the least inspiring aggy offenses we’ve seen in the last 4 years and they completely faltered. Without that Malachi kid they looked like our defense. Now name the defensive leader we have who settles everybody down, calls the right adjustments, makes a big play when we need it, and walks around with the swagger needed to put a little fear into the offense…go ahead I’ll wait. One of those leaders you should be looking for has been in the portal twice and walked off the field today, had to be led back out by a fucking walk on receiver. Blame the coaches allllll you want but this roster was built fucked up and Herman left his stink on it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BachelorTrek said:

Craig & Roger even laughed about it uncomfortably on the radio call during the game today that the next game (and implied all the rest of them this year) would be at 11:00am to the effect of:
"Craig: 'Guess what gametime will be next week?' -- "Roger: 'I think I know already!'"

Fuck this petty, shitty little gravy-train-grifters conference!  Fuck the Big12!

I understand the Big XII giving us the middle finger on the way out since we sorta fucked them over. But, two things:

1. They deserve it. It has been so mismanaged over the years it’s unbelievable. My favorite example was them coming up with the “One True Champion” tagline and failing to envision a potential tie in a round-robin conference schedule. The “One True Champion” conference awarded two conference title trophies that year and quickly scrapped the slogan.

2. Reality is going to slap them pretty hard when we (along with OU) are gone. I’m sure the Cincinnati - Kansas State game is really going to light up the airwaves in the 11am slot on NBCSN.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Dillon Doyle (Baylor linebacker) said exactly this in his postgame talk with press. Almost word for word. Said Sark throws a lot of twists in but the focus was Bijan and Worthy. Robinson had 43 yds on 17 carries. Worthy really only got loose once I think. 

I'm more disturbed a LBer named Dillon Doyle beat us...transfer from Iowa.

Edited by dcar00

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

So receivers are going to catch for Card?  If we had some people like Collin Johnson and Devin Duv we would probably be talking about how good Thompson is….

Not the point. The point is to get him more experience cause he’s the future. Also As much as you wanna blame the WR Thompson definitely had some bad reads and throws. 

So like I said Start Card and work towards next year 

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Dillon Doyle (Baylor linebacker) said exactly this in his postgame talk with press. Almost word for word. Said Sark throws a lot of twists in but the focus was Bijan and Worthy. Robinson had 43 yds on 17 carries. Worthy really only got loose once I think. 

Worthy was wide fucking open for a sure TD 3 times.   Once Thompson hit him, once it was his signature moon ball out of bounds, and once he didn’t even see him.   They did not shut worthy down.  Thompson did.  

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm more disturbed a LBer named Dillon Doyle beat us...transfer from Iowa.

Why? With a few exceptions (cf. Overshown) our linebacking corps has been beyond god-awful most of the last 10 years, give or take the one lone star here and there. Can you remember a year in the last 10 that we've had at least two crack linebackers on the field at the same time? I can't.  Most teams' linebackers have been better than ours. Hell, Dillon could have transferred from Iowa High School and been better than most of our linebackers. This guy played better than our LB's 

The failure of our linebackers IMO il has been the #1 reason why our defense has essentially been mostly shitty most of the last 10 years. And yeah I'm looking at the DL in saying that.

• Hook 'Em 1

He hit Josh Moore in between two Baylor defenders on a perfectly thrown ball for a TD at the end of the 1H. Moore dropped it. Moore then made up for it by dropping another pass leading to an INT on the very next play.
He also hit Marcus Washington in the hands twice in the second half on balls that traveled 30+ yards in the air. Washington dropped both.
I have never seen a WR group this bad in my life. 

Anyone blaming this on Casey or claiming that Card would do better is a certifiable dumbass.

I don’t know that Card would do better. Also not sure the ball to Moore was perfectly thrown or that the Int wasn’t poorly thrown.

Casey could have made many more plays though. Bijan could have had quite a few receiving yards if the ball is thrown his way. He did a terrible job on the screen pass on the last drive, passed up chances to run.

That said everybody lost it.

13 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Why? With a few exceptions (cf. Overshown) our linebacking corps has been beyond god-awful most of the last 10 years, give or take the one lone star here and there. Can you remember a year in the last 10 that we've had at least two crack linebackers on the field at the same time? I can't.  Most teams' linebackers have been better than ours. Hell, Dillon could have transferred from Iowa High School and been better than most of our linebackers. This guy played better than our LB's 

The failure of our linebackers IMO il has been the #1 reason why our defense has essentially been mostly shitty most of the last 10 years. And yeah I'm looking at the DL in saying that.

it was a joke.  I'm sure Aranda found him in the portal, watched film and coached him up to the point that his D stuffed the ever living fuck out of our heisman trophy candidate RB.  you know shit a real coach would do.

28 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

it was a joke.  I'm sure Aranda found him in the portal, watched film and coached him up to the point that his D stuffed the ever living fuck out of our heisman trophy candidate RB.  you know shit a real coach would do.

Sorry, we're at the point now where satire seems too real to life.  Gotcha.
Sad times indeed.
     - Roger the Shrubber

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Worthy was wide fucking open for a sure TD 3 times.   Once Thompson hit him, once it was his signature moon ball out of bounds, and once he didn’t even see him.   They did not shut worthy down.  Thompson did.  

Yeah, we all saw that. Doyle did also say that the 3rd part of the game plan was to make Casey uncomfortable in the pocket. I don't know how much his performance today was a result of anything Baylor did or just Casey being himself. 

Off topic, I think OU is going to be able to light Baylor up with the deep ball in 2 weeks. 

2 hours ago, chemHORN said:

Im pretty sure he would have in his first year. His Alabama teams shit the bed several times in year 1. 

At this point might as well just sit back and give Sark time and encourage heavy recruitment through the portal for overacheiving players from non p5 schools

If the culture is you have to like a player more to perform when he is on the field then yes we are truly truly fucked.  You need to respect somebody/have faith in their ability to do their job. You can love them or hate their fucking guts personally but if when it comes nut cutting time you don't respect their ability to do their job....yer all fucked.  

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yet he mentioned the eyes…..he knows what he’s doing. 

No.  You're wrong here, and it's okay to admit it.  

Regardless, today sucked and I'm unsure if I will watch next week or meet friends for fucking brunch.  That's how over this season/team I am. 

• Hook 'Em 2