[Game Thread] Texas at Baylor 11am on ABC

GreenspointTexas

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The amazing thing is that Sarkisian's offense is so good that it covers a lot of his very apparent deficiencies. 

Yeah that must be it. OL doesn’t block and receivers can’t catch but it must be a shitty QB can’t handle an amazing offense.

We have a crappy OL, mediocre receivers, and a D that can’t stop the run or rush the passer. But we’re losing because of the QB. So dumb.

This entire team is a complete dumpster fire.

The OL is the start of the problem. You have one of the best RB's in college football but Baylor renders him useless.  OK?

The Defense is atrocious.  Bad angles, poor tackling, no pass rush.  Despite holding them to a couple of field goals/attempts and actually having a chance to win, I just can't get behind PK.  I don't know if it's talent or scheme or both.  Whatever it is, isn't working.

The fucking 3rd down play calling?  What the fuck are you even doing?  Of 4th down with the game on the line you let the fucking punter try to run for it?

GTFOH

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:
5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The fucking entitlement and attitude is just outstanding with some of them. Don’t sing the Eyes. Just let the fans carry the water as we have for a decade. Seriously just enter the portal and don’t look back if you can’t stand with your team at the end. 

I get your point about Sark, @golfclap. But when shit like this is being reported it's clear that there is an issue among the players. The most objective assessment can only be done when the majority of Herman/Strong players are gone.  

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Card is a statue who doesn't move well in the pocket. Considering that the OL will be the same, I don't see how Card will make the team any better. Now Sarkisian can coach up Casey to bail at the first opportunity rather than waiting for receivers to come free. That is certainly possible.

I don't think that's a fair characterization of Card, generally.  He definitely froze up at Arkansas, but I think that was more a growth issue than anything.  He moved around plenty, usually into the waiting arms of pig.

You can tell the team has no real faith in the OL and we are slowly starting to see the upperclassmen starting to think why did we stick around if we are going to keep sucking every game…

I would probably get behind the idea of just playing the young guys at this point and benching lots of the upperclassman at this point 

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

There is absolutely no excuse for Moore dropping that TD pass in the end zone. He wasn't touched by any defender and had the ball against his body. He catches that and it's 31-31 in the 4th quarter.

He should have caught it sure.

It was underthrown by 5 yards and let 2 Baylor defenders come into the play, including the safety that swiped down on the ball. It was so poorly underthrown Moore had to completely stop right at the GL to readjust to it. It was also thrown with an unneeded arch forcing Moore to look back into the sun to catch it.

• Hook 'Em 2

So…..I’m not saying go all Marshall or anything….but a non fatal bus crash on I 35 this afternoon which required forfeiting the rest of the season and necessitated replacement of all personnel associated with this shitshow wouldn’t be the worst thing that ever happened
Ok thats dark. . .
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, golfclap said:

This is a poorly coached team with a leader that has a career of mediocrity that can only aspire to reach mediocrity right now.

Sark is just the latest beneficiary of our program’s willingness to ignore facts and invest in comforting fairy tales. It was so fucking obvious from Day 1 what Sark is as a head coach. Despite his clear track record, the unimaginative dipshits who run this program hired him and our sunshine pumping fans talked themselves into the idea that he is something entirely different than his career history makes clear that he is. 

“All Gas and No Brakes.” Lol. We need to stop falling for stupid Pollyanna bullshit.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

This entire team is a complete dumpster fire.

The OL is the start of the problem. You have one of the best RB's in college football but Baylor renders him useless.  OK?

The Defense is atrocious.  Bad angles, poor tackling, no pass rush.  Despite holding them to a couple of field goals/attempts and actually having a chance to win, I just can't get behind PK.  I don't know if it's talent or scheme or both.  Whatever it is, isn't working.

The fucking 3rd down play calling?  What the fuck are you even doing?  Of 4th down with the game on the line you let the fucking punter try to run for it?

GTFOH

Dicker called his own number on that play, not the coaching staff. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, alphahorn said:

I miss Vince

Heck.  I miss Case!!!!  4th quarter and I knew we would see the best he was capable of.  And if it was close he would probably pull it off.

There are some athletes who are just clutch players.  With the Big Red Machine of the 70s, it wasn't all time players like Bench or Rose or Morgan they were truly afraid of with 2 on and 2 out in the 9th.  It was Tony Perez.  At 40, platooning, he was still top 5 in the NL in game winning RBIs.

With Whittington injured, I don't think we have any of those on this team.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If you follow that dude he’s constantly doing that shit. But I do agree Davis and Foster need to go. Foster should have never been let back on the team after he quit mid game. 

Why does Davis need to go? He's a freshmen likely following the lead of a senior.

1 minute ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

That’s what I’m saying too. Bench some of these guys. Start with Foster. 

They were saying it on the postgame on the LHN and those guys know what the fuck they are talking about. The young guys just need to step up and be more vocal. The wrong voices are like poison. It’s the same in any work environment. You either bench them or fuck around and find out.

9 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Shouldn’t matter if the pass is perfect or off, if the receiver gets both hands on the ball he should catch the fucker. Moore dropped one in the end zone at end of the half and Washington dropped a couple. Most of the drops are on the receivers.

This can't be emphasized enough.  A receiver is taught to catch anything they can touch.  They've been doing this since peewee.  If it's a wounded duck, you catch the ball. If guys can only catch when the ball is perfect to them, then they are some bitches.  The unit is regressing.  So do they block well since their hands are stone? Of course not.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Card is a statue who doesn't move well in the pocket. Considering that the OL will be the same, I don't see how Card will make the team any better. Now Sarkisian can coach up Casey to bail at the first opportunity rather than waiting for receivers to come free. That is certainly possible.

Card is athletic enough to move in the pocket if need be. It’s generally accepted that he has more potential as a QB than Casey. The problem with Card is his lack of experience with live reps. I never agreed with Sark essentially putting him on clipboard duty for the rest of the season after one bad game when game experience is what he needs.  Short term it worked out for a while with Casey but teams have figured him out and know that all they have to do is key on Bijan and Casey can’t beat them. Card might not be the guy but we sure better be sure of that before he transfers out and we’re left with Casey and a true freshman QB. 

9 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

This L is on dropped passes and the wide receivers. We were a dropped pass away from the first top 20 win for the new coach. At this point this season is a disappointment. 

dropped passes, shitty OL play that didn't give Casey time to hit wide open receivers and Casey just missing receivers that were wide open.  

With an OL this bad it's just hard to execute anything.  FLOYD seems like a fraud

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, HornsofBevo said:

Card is athletic enough to move in the pocket if need be. It’s generally accepted that he has more potential as a QB than Casey. The problem with Card is his lack of experience with live reps. I never agreed with Sark essentially putting him on clipboard duty for the rest of the season after one bad game when game experience is what he needs.  Short term it worked out for a while with Casey but teams have figured him out and know that all they have to do is key on Bijan and Casey can’t beat them. Card might not be the guy but we sure better be sure of that before he transfers out and we’re left with Casey and a true freshman QB. 

Card’s problem is mental. He freaks out and gets happy feet instead of calmly moving within the pocket. Definitely has more upside if he can get that fixed.

No way you can start Card in the hostile environment in Ames. After that loss, bring him on for Kansas at home. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The dude is incapable of seeing the field. He's a one read QB. This loss is on him. The primary reason WRs drop so many of his passes is they are shitty passes, that are underthrown leading the WRs to adjust and change direction. 

He hit Josh Moore in between two Baylor defenders on a perfectly thrown ball for a TD at the end of the 1H. Moore dropped it. Moore then made up for it by dropping another pass leading to an INT on the very next play.

He also hit Marcus Washington in the hands twice in the second half on balls that traveled 30+ yards in the air. Washington dropped both.

I have never seen a WR group this bad in my life. 

Anyone blaming this on Casey or claiming that Card would do better is a certifiable dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The wrong guys still have too much voice in the locker room. Bench them. I don’t care how good they are. I am sick of this shit. Fuck’em 

This player group doesn't know how to win when it gets tough.  No significant upperclassmen leadership, and a lot of JAGS on this roster.

Bunch of mental midgets...    

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

He hit Josh Moore in between two Baylor defenders on a perfectly thrown ball for a TD at the end of the 1H. Moore dropped it. Moore then made up for it by dropping another pass leading to an INT on the very next play.

He also hit Marcus Washington in the hands twice in the second half on balls that traveled 30+ yards in the air. Washington dropped both.

I have never seen a WR group this bad in my life. 

Anyone blaming this on Casey or claiming that Card would do better is a certifiable dumbass.

Baylor dropped 3 passes in the 1st half.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

This player group doesn't know how to win when it gets tough.  No significant upperclassmen leadership, and a lot of JAGS on this roster.

Bunch of mental midgets...    

This is the correct answer and finally someone of this god forsaken board gets it. They simply do not know how to win.

• Rage+1 1