11.1.21 Coach Sark PC @ 11am

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

My eyes see that he is putting players in a position to be successful and the players are failing to execute. I am also choosing not to be a toxic, irrational fan in the sense that I am willing to admit that under the previous regime Bijan would not have been given the opportunity to shine and worthy would not have touched the field as a freshman until this week lol. I am also willing to acknowledge that things aren't as bad as they seem. We have blown three straight double digit second half leads. Leads that the previous staff would have never even achieved. Sark needs to be better but im not gonna sit here and act like he is incompetent and the sole reason for our failures too. At some point we are going to have to give people time to build. But yeah, he deserves some angst but to want his head at this point is unfair in my opinion.

This, I can see what he’s trying to do. The losses are frustrating but I feel like he just needs the players. We have no player makers on defense, not one. Tough to win with the players he inherited.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, bigup2dahorns said:

This shit is the fucking worst excuse mantra vomited out by losers if there ever was one. I also realize it’s just lip service, but you can say that about undefeated teams as well. That’s the game of football. Every game comes down to 1 or 2 plays. 

“Ugh, man! If we could’ve only caught that touchdown pass in the first half, we’d have won instead of losing by 4pts!” Yeah, no shit, asshole. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

This is absurd. Off the top of my head we lost Ehlinger,Eagles, Cosmi, Ossai, Graham, and Sterns. This roster is a significant step back from last year. When they finished…4th in conference. 

Imagine where this team is just with Eagles.  Who made one of the worst decisions of any Texas player I remember to leave early.   Ossai made the right call to get paid but it was obvious last year he was the only player worth a damn on D.  Clearly more obvious this year.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Imagine where this team is just with Eagles.  Who made one of the worst decisions of any Texas player I remember to leave early.   Ossai made the right call to get paid but it was obvious last year he was the only player worth a damn on D.  Clearly more obvious this yer.

You point is taken, but Kwame Cavil says, “Hi.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Imagine where this team is just with Eagles.  Who made one of the worst decisions of any Texas player I remember to leave early.   Ossai made the right call to get paid but it was obvious last year he was the only player worth a damn on D.  Clearly more obvious this year.

Speaking of WR's, can also add Whittington to the list of gone players. He was shaping up to be a critical contributor.

1 minute ago, CurlyDumps said:

Speaking of WR's, can also add Whittington to the list of gone players. He was shaping up to be a critical contributor.

Right. I mean he somewhat saved the TCU game from the same fate with a couple of key catches.  We probably don't lose the last 2 if he's on the field.  As is it we simply have nobody reliable outside of Worthy.  WR room is just a mess.

14 minutes ago, redswingline said:

When you look at this, what makes you think,  "I've gotta hire this guy!" ?

witf.jpg

Yea, the reason I have a problem with the whole “Sark is a fraud” thread on this site.  He isn’t a fraud, he’s a mediocre head coach just like he’s always been.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, mdmost said:
You look at Iowa State over there and it's all about the tradition of their 5 star culture whipping our 5 star candy asses. 

Seems to be the assumption a program like Texas is filled with 5* players, but the reality is we have one 5* and one high 4* (Worthy) and the rest are JAG's that don't play like their recruiting site ranking.

So basically coaching and culture? 

Sark’s remaining greatest task will be convincing the blue chip players he needs( especially in the trenches)to be successful at Texas, that Texas is a program worthy of their commitment. Good luck, it’s going to be de-commitment season soon. I honestly hope he’s a hell of a recruiter.  

It's actually the fourth time.

Spoiler alert---Longhorn Network has 'Texas GameDay' from 9-11am, and post-game show from 2:30-4:00p that day.  I'm gonna assume that means KAN @ TEX, 11:00a.

WVU also looking very likely for an 11:00a kickoff (12local).  So that'll make, what?...Eight 11am games this season?  

15 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Yea, the reason I have a problem with the whole “Sark is a fraud” thread on this site.  He isn’t a fraud, he’s a mediocre head coach just like he’s always been.

its kind of like the old RB adage but applied to a coach.

give him a 4 win roster and Steve will get you 7.

give him a 10 win roster and Steve will get you 7 

20 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Spoiler alert---Longhorn Network has 'Texas GameDay' from 9-11am, and post-game show from 2:30-4:00p that day.  I'm gonna assume that means KAN @ TEX, 11:00a.

WVU also looking very likely for an 11:00a kickoff (12local).  So that'll make, what?...Eight 11am games this season?  

lmao if Texas can't even get out of the 11am slot on their own network.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Afternoon and evening games are for winners 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Mel Tucker won two games last year, so did Aranda, Rhule won one in year one. Im not getting on here to defend Sark, but cmon these data points are crazy and emotional.

how many games did they have double digit leads on ranked teams only to completely implode and have nearly 0 production in the 2nd half? 

I mean I can dig into it if you want, but I think you know the answer. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

When has he had a 10 win roster? 

well I would have to hope he had a 10 win roster 4 years into his Washington gig otherwise he isn't much of a recruiter.  10 wins in a season means you lost 3 games.  10 wins now ain't DKR/Akers type 10 wins.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Ugh, not this shit again. Please, please 

So we're basically a 7-1 team, fuck yeah. I thought things were bleak, but now that I know its simply a matter of execution, 8-4 here we come. One game where the wheels come off, sure it happens. When it happens 3 games in row, coach em up better. But like the great Tom Herman  always said....winning is hard.

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

This shit is the fucking worst excuse mantra vomited out by losers if there ever was one. I also realize it’s just lip service, but you can say that about undefeated teams as well. That’s the game of football. Every game comes down to 1 or 2 plays. 

“Ugh, man! If we could’ve only caught that touchdown pass in the first half, we’d have won instead of losing by 4pts!” Yeah, no shit, asshole. 

agreed but I have to give it to Steve, he handles the press conference as good as one can expect.  It is fun to make fun of the BS coach speak and excuses he(or any coach) has to force out there to put lipstick on the pig.

• Hook 'Em 2

I've got my doubts about Sark but his past record isn't one of them and at this point in his tenure here is worth exactly jack fucking squat

I mean look at this fucking fraud.  One 9 win season it took him 5 years to get to, fucking trash

Michigan State Spartans (Big Ten Conference) (1995–1999)
1995 Michigan State 6–5–1 4–3–1 5th L Independence    
1996 Michigan State 6–6 5–3 5th L Sun    
1997 Michigan State 7–5 4–4 6th L Aloha    
1998 Michigan State 6–6 4–4 6th      
1999 Michigan State 9–2[n 2] 6–2 T–2nd Florida Citrus[n 2]

Or this fucking loser

Mississippi State Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (1954–1957)
1954 Mississippi State 6–4 3–3 T–6th      
1955 Mississippi State 6–4 4–4 6th      
Mississippi State: 12–8 7–7  
Washington Huskies (Pacific Coast Conference) (1956)
1956 Washington 5–5 4–4 T–4th  

What a fucking spare this guy is...I mean just look at his record

Oklahoma State Cowboys (Big Eight Conference) (1979–1983)
1979 Oklahoma State 7–4 5–2 3rd      
1980 Oklahoma State 3–7–1 2–4–1 5th      
1981 Oklahoma State 7–5 4–3 T–3rd L Independence    
1982 Oklahoma State 4–5–2 3–2–2 3rd      
1983 Oklahoma State 8–4 3–4 4th W Astro-Bluebonnet

This guy is a fucking knob...I mean just look at him, fucking beta cuck.

Team Year Regular season Postseason
Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result
CLE 1991 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC Central
CLE 1992 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC Central
CLE 1993 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC Central
CLE 1994 11 5 0 .688 2nd in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Divisional Game
CLE 1995 5 11 0 .313 4th in AFC Central

What a bunch of fucking idiots to give this .500 coach the keys to the proud tradition of the Pac 10s greatest program...fucking dumbasses

NYJ 1994 6 10 0 .375 5th in AFC East
NYJ total 6 10 0 .375    
NE 1997 10 6 0 .625 1st in AFC East 1 1 .500 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Divisional Game
NE 1998 9 7 0 .563 4th in AFC East 0 1 .000 Lost to Jacksonville Jaguars in AFC Wild Card Game
NE 1999 8 8 0 .500 4th in AFC East

Look It may not work out or it might, and maybe this is who he is, or maybe it isn't. The fact is none of us fucking know so throwing out past records and 7 Win Steve and saying that it portends anything definite at this point in his tenure at Texas is just fucking dumb.   I'm fucking tired of waiting like the rest of you but I don't have a choice and neither do you. The one coach with the above reproach coaching history (record-wise) decided to go to Jacksonville.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

look, there are people who make things happen through sheer force of will, determination, and focus on details, and there are those who do not. we all know this from our normal lives. Our basketball coach is the former, our football coach is the latter. there is no other way to explain any of this. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I've got my doubts about Sark but his past record isn't one of them and at this point in his tenure here is worth exactly jack fucking squat

I mean look at this fucking fraud.  One 9 win season it took him 5 years to get to, fucking trash

Michigan State Spartans (Big Ten Conference) (1995–1999)
1995 Michigan State 6–5–1 4–3–1 5th L Independence    
1996 Michigan State 6–6 5–3 5th L Sun    
1997 Michigan State 7–5 4–4 6th L Aloha    
1998 Michigan State 6–6 4–4 6th      
1999 Michigan State 9–2[n 2] 6–2 T–2nd Florida Citrus[n 2]

Or this fucking loser

Mississippi State Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (1954–1957)
1954 Mississippi State 6–4 3–3 T–6th      
1955 Mississippi State 6–4 4–4 6th      
Mississippi State: 12–8 7–7  
Washington Huskies (Pacific Coast Conference) (1956)
1956 Washington 5–5 4–4 T–4th  

What a fucking spare this guy is...I mean just look at his record

Oklahoma State Cowboys (Big Eight Conference) (1979–1983)
1979 Oklahoma State 7–4 5–2 3rd      
1980 Oklahoma State 3–7–1 2–4–1 5th      
1981 Oklahoma State 7–5 4–3 T–3rd L Independence    
1982 Oklahoma State 4–5–2 3–2–2 3rd      
1983 Oklahoma State 8–4 3–4 4th W Astro-Bluebonnet

This guy is a fucking knob...I mean just look at him, fucking beta cuck.

CLE 1991 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC Central
CLE 1992 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC Central
CLE 1993 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC Central
CLE 1994 11 5 0 .688 2nd in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Divisional Game
CLE 1995 5 11 0 .313 4th in AFC Central

What a bunch of fucking idiots to give this .500 coach the keys to the proud tradition of the Pac 10s greatest program...fucking dumbasses

NYJ 1994 6 10 0 .375 5th in AFC East
NYJ total 6 10 0 .375    
NE 1997 10 6 0 .625 1st in AFC East 1 1 .500 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Divisional Game
NE 1998 9 7 0 .563 4th in AFC East 0 1 .000 Lost to Jacksonville Jaguars in AFC Wild Card Game
NE 1999 8 8 0 .500 4th in AFC East

Look It may not work out or it might, and maybe this is who he is, or maybe it isn't. The fact is none of us fucking know so throwing out past records and 7 Win Steve and saying that it portends anything definite at this point in his tenure at Texas is just fucking dumb.   I'm fucking tired of waiting like the rest of you but I don't have a choice and neither do you. The one coach with the above reproach coaching history (record-wise) decided to go to Jacksonville.

yep. we didn't know about Charlie and we didn't know about Tom.  what is your point?