Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

23 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

But do The Brocks™️ think twice with Jackson in the fold? That's my only concern. I want the oline MVP from the opening, but I want a Texas legacy fulfilling his all american potential at DKR more. 

Edit to add: It doesn't matter if Jackson projects to guard. They're not recruiting him as one, and they're probably not telling other recruits that either.

No.

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

No, what? Jesus, I've stepped into your shit takes two days in a row.

you had one question in your post, so it should be obvious. Jackson will not affect the Brocks either way.

And So far your takes have been don’t worry about the run against OU and that Jackson might scare off the Brockermeyers, so I’d slow down on saying other people have shit takes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

you had one question in your post, so it should be obvious. Jackson will not affect the Brocks either way.
And So far your takes have been don’t worry about the run against OU and that Jackson might scare off the Brockermeyers, so I’d slow down on saying other people have shit takes. 

That’s a misrepresentation at best. I’m less concerned about the mobility of hurts, and unless you’re a brockermeyer, you have no idea what that kid thinks. You may fuck right off, sir.

4 hours ago, Scholz said:

I count 8 possibilities.

2021 offers from Houston area (who've been mentioned as interested in UT):

RB: L.J.Johnson (Cy Fair), B.Campbell (Pearland)

WR: T.Knox (Woodlands), L.Neville (Missouri City)

TE: V.Gumms (Dekaney)

OT: D.Jackson (Bellaire)

OG: B.Foster (Katy)

SDE: T.Adeleye (Katy)

This dude will be a NS2 commit, so I don't think it's him. Hopefully it's LJ Johnson, and then go all in on Wheaton if he's cool with a RB2 take. 

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They’re not lying to Jackson about where they project him, dude. Lying to recruits is stupid with the portal lurking constantly and that isn’t what this staff does anyway.

You guys on this board are idiotic, handwringing pussies when it comes to the Brockermeyers. It is fucking nauseating. Pull yourselves together. 

Oh, it’s Jackson. 

That's nearly as good as Foster for the aggy break down.

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, I think the most likely options are Jackson, Foster, and Adeleye for various reasons. 

I'd go Jackson, Foster and Adeleye in descending order. Of course, I'm basing this auger on the exact same information that Bevo used to label Jake Smith a slow possession receiver: pure unadulterated ignorance. 

I can't imagine Adeleye committing this early. 

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I can't imagine Adeleye committing this early. 

You 100% do not want to be the school he commits to first because it will probably just be for some kind of prank. He's probably recording all of his phone calls with coaches and is going to make some mix tape mocking all of them. And it will be funnier than anything ever posted here and I will get mildly jealous of a 16 year old. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Motherfucker, it's October 2, 2019. Quit your pussy rubbing. 

Mfer, I got Scorpio’d.

Yeah, Virginia hasn’t exactly been a hotbed of recruiting for us and I know it’s early. I just hadn’t heard any buzz about him. Didn’t think it was such an outlandish statement. 

My bad. Surly it is.

Not concerned about it because there's plenty of runway to find an out of state or underrated under a rock kid, but early on it appears that an athletic off the ball backer is the hole in this class. Would be nice to find another Gbenda/Tillman, if not another Floyd. 

8 hours ago, Plorant said:

Did you only get to have Cheerios for breakfast?

Me and my eleven older brothers had to fight for each Cheerio and rarely had milk. I’m certainly glad the “got milk” campaign started after I was in college because I’m not sure I could have dealt with the depression.

4 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Just think for a moment if we get the Brocks and Jackson with our other commits. OMG I would pray for a third and short yardage just to watch old fashioned smash mouth football.

Next year, we may have to replace a lot of starters. After that, our OL room will be stacked for the foreseeable future. Plus, in short yardage JQJ will be ridiculously tough to stop and Bijan isn't a small back.

Jackson or Foster? I dont care, just as long as its one of them about to commit

I hope we  just need that one more peeble to fall to get the rest of our O-line prospects to jump in to reserve their spot.

Brocks might be all about looking around for best fit, but if it appears we are filling up, theyll have to jump. 

I hope

7 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Jackson or Foster? I dont care, just as long as its one of them about to commit

I hope we  just need that one more peeble to fall to get the rest of our O-line prospects to jump in to reserve their spot.

Brocks might be all about looking around for best fit, but if it appears we are filling up, theyll have to jump. 

I hope

Image result for mario van peebles heartbreak ridge

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Sheeeeyit, I want Foster, just to see Liucci try to claim that Jimbo didn't offer him.

Future Liucci Quote

”The aggys are really targeting tackles after being guard heavy in the last two classes. Aggy legacy or not I don’t think he was National championship winning ol coach Henson’s top priority at this time. It’s a head to head loss and tough to lose a legacy but the ags are looking for depth at tackle and Foster would not have helped there.”

• Like 2