2021-2022 Astros Offseason Thread

Planet Houston

On 2/12/2022 at 6:52 PM, WBT said:

Keith Law's top 20 Astros prospects:

https://theathletic.com/3118842/2022/02/11/astros-top-20-prospects-for-2022-keith-law-ranks-houstons-farm-system/

Hide contents

I'm hoping Korey Lee can be our first catcher that can hit since...

Mitch Meluskey. For one brief, shining season.

He actually got invited to the All Star game as a replacement last minute but was drunk as shit at South Padre and did not answer his phone.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Bregman is going to be a dad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This can go one of two ways.  Either he’s a good dad, and his sleep-deprived, distracted, worried ass is about to turn in by far the worst season of his career.  Or he’s a piece of shit, in which case he will run to baseball as a justified escape from the horrors of parenthood, in which case he’s gonna be AL MVP.  Here’s hoping he’s a POS.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

This can go one of two ways.  Either he’s a good dad, and his sleep-deprived, distracted, worried ass is about to turn in by far the worst season of his career.  Or he’s a piece of shit, in which case he will run to baseball as a justified escape from the horrors of parenthood, in which case he’s gonna be AL MVP.  Here’s hoping he’s a POS.

If he has any sense he will use baseball as a refuge from the horrors of living under the same roof as a baby. Babies are the worst. 

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

due in August.

fucking poor planning.  

mid Nov-march babies only dummies 

This is where my head went, but as already pointed out, he avoids the pennant race/postseason.

and with our manager/FO penchant for “resting” guys he was probably in line to be sitting a lot in August anyway, so might as well be on the paternity list.

On 2/14/2022 at 2:41 PM, Johnny Sack said:

Mitch Meluskey. For one brief, shining season.

The only ball ever hit right to me in a baseball stadium was a HR to RF by Meluskey on Mother's Day 2000 on ESPN Sunday night baseball during the inaugural season at the juice box (of course we all know what it was then). I still have that ball, but damn it's a letdown that it was hit by that bum Meluskey and not by Biggio, Bagwell, Caminiti, or Alou.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Ahem, that’s Mr. Astros all-time single season leader in OPS by a catcher” Meluskey to you, good sir 

(.888)

Rookie Meluskey cutting in line in front of Matt Mieske, a veteran journeyman, to take BP was a big, big no no per our veterans.  Then Meluskey dotted his eye. You just don't do that.

Houston has excellent SP depth so they could sustain losing McCullers for a good chunk of the season and probably be ok, but not having him for the playoffs would be fuckin devastating.

Seems odd that if he knew he needed TJ he would not have already had the surgery (or at least announced it).

Edited by Snake Diggity

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Houston has excellent SP depth so they could sustain losing McCullers for a good chunk of the season and probably be ok, but not having him for the playoffs would be fuckin devastating.

Seems odd that if he knew he needed TJ he would not have already had the surgery (or at least announced it).

Yeah if McCullers is out again for TJ, he ain't coming back until late 2023.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Some posts over the weekend at Carlos' baby's baptism with LMJ and another with LMJ, CC and Machete captioned "Family"

Hey Carlos - 

Yup dad and I were discussing those baptism pics and him having the guys over watching the UFC fight....hope they are convincing him to stay more and more....and his wife is a texas girl.  LA, Redsox, Yankees teammates would seem like they suck, Carlos.

Edited by utxmike05