2021-2022 Astros Offseason Thread

Planet Houston

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, if the Astros go 101-61 next year we will finish the season 1 game over 500 for the history of the franchise. I think we’ve been over 500 for something like 2 weeks in the history of the franchise (week 1 of the franchise and then something like 1 week in April or May of 2006 I believe. 

Awesome.. pretty safe bet we go over .500 in the next 2 seasons, if not 3... and pretty remarkable considering the run between 2010 and 2014..

So, if the Astros go 101-61 next year we will finish the season 1 game over 500 for the history of the franchise. I think we’ve been over 500 for something like 2 weeks in the history of the franchise (week 1 of the franchise and then something like 1 week in April or May of 2006 I believe. 

April 18, 2006, Astros reach .500 for first time in franchise history (since their inaugural season) at 3507-3507.

May 4, 2006, the astros reached 4 games over .500 for franchise history at 3516-3512, the high-water mark for franchise history.

May 14, 2006, the Astros began the day at 3519-3519 all-time, but would lose and fall below .500. They've been below .500 since.
  • Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Why sell your WS game winning jersey?  I don’t care who you end up signing with at some point that’s going to have some sentimental value I’d think- if not to you then your kid or something. This is the jersey Inwas wearing when I proposed to your mother. 

Yeah that one is weird. 

So if they win 91 games each of the next two seasons, will it accomplish the same? And are post season games included?

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

we sure this is real?

says he “has sold” but then lists everything “about to hit the market”?

And why wouldn’t he give that stuff to a charity and let them make some money. 

This screams “I’m a poor college o-line freshman selling my bowl swag” (pre-NIL). Not a dude abut to get 9 figures.

in any event, I’d buy a bigger house before I let my wife make me sell my shit to make room for the nursery.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://dodgersway.com/2022/01/03/dodgers-executive-leaving-astros-front-office-traitorous-activity/amp/

But Powers departing arguably the best front office in the league when he was in a position of influence for a disingenuous franchise who lowballed their franchise player this offseason really feels like betrayal when the Stanford graduate watched the Dodgers fall to Houston’s scandal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Out of an abundance of caution and our desire to deliver the best experience to our fans, the Houston Astros have postponed the 2022 Caravan and FanFest presented by H-E-B. 

The Houston Astros will look to host fans for FanFest at Minute Maid Park at a later date prior to the regular season. Please check www.astros.com/FanFest for the most up to date information on the event. We look forward to hosting fans back at the ballpark for the unique experiences of FanFest and for an exciting 2022 season. 

3 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Yeah, was Fanfest gonna just be a meet and greet with Orbit, some retired former players and Bobby Dynamite?

Orbit has been to my kids elementary school in Huffman 2 times in the last 2 years.  They get really fired up when he comes to the school and really like to watch him at the games.  I wonder how many schools Orbit hits every year?  Anyone know?  Also, how many orbits for events like that? Is there only 1 costume/dude for it or do they send multiple guys out at a time?

There are more than 1 Orbits.  I know of at least 2, could be more.  

Some are people who are actually in other positions with the Astros, but do that as well.  

There is only going to be 1 per event, but the guy at the games isn't the guy doing all events everywhere all the time.  

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

There are more than 1 Orbits.  I know of at least 2, could be more.  

Some are people who are actually in other positions with the Astros, but do that as well.  

There is only going to be 1 per event, but the guy at the games isn't the guy doing all events everywhere all the time.  

I figured, but thanks for confirming.  IT seems like the kind of thing I'd want to have 10 of them around town and hit every elementary school in a 50 mile radius. 

1 hour ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

had to look this up. literally never heard of huffman.

It’s the one time home of George Forman. I wasn’t abjure fan but the wife is a country girl that wanted some land. We got 6 acres and a home with a pool 45 minutes from Minute Maid Park and it’s unrestricted so she can do goofy shit like burn furniture in the front yard without pissing off our neighbors. 
it’s undefeated. Indeed. But it could have been worse. She’s from Polk County at least I won’t ever have to move her back there. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Huffman is what you get when the suburbs and the country make a baby.  My grandma used to live out there.  She'd take me to the Dairy Queen near the lake and let me play Space Invaders.  I am old.

This is pretty apt description. We live in an unrestricted area so there are no rules, people blasting off guns all the time- killing hogs in their backyard and everyone has some goats and chickens and horses and shit like that on their property.  So ours is closer to country than burbs. 
there is a neighborhood with 3-5 acre lots and nice houses and a robust HOA that is more toward the suburb part of the equation. 

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is pretty apt description. We live in an unrestricted area so there are no rules, people blasting off guns all the time- killing hogs in their backyard and everyone has some goats and chickens and horses and shit like that on their property.  So ours is closer to country than burbs. 

This is also an apt description for where I live… in East austin.

• Haha 3

On 1/7/2022 at 7:33 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

there is a neighborhood with 3-5 acre lots and nice houses and a robust HOA that is more toward the suburb part of the equation. 

With quick access to the ritzy nightlife of Atascosita!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Apparently my HS baseball team played New Caney when Adam Dunn was there.  I was neither on the team nor in attendance.

My brothers best friend/roommate gave up a bomb to him that went like 500 feet.  Everyone was just in stunned amazement.  Where did you go to school?