[Game Thread] Texas @ Iowa State on FS1

immamac

I hate this because it means we're yet again 3 to 4 years away from being good. Sark will get his 3 years and then we'll trot in the next guy.

Again, who made the call on Herman and Sark? If it's the big money guys, how were they ever able to make their money when they waste 37 million dollars in staff changes to lose 4 games in a row?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Thompson may be a JAG but he’s still better than card. I would like to win now and JAG beats sucks every time.

Idk what was happening with Casey today. He was basically spiking the ball every time he tried to throw. I mean I didn't think he was a great QB but he's never looked like that before. It was truly odd.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Idk what was happening with Casey today. He was basically spiking the ball every time he tried to throw. I mean I didn't think he was a great QB but he's never looked like that before. It was truly odd.

He’s been shit since the pick 6 against osu. 

Serious question. What is it about Texas that breeds these doughy soft players and inept coaches? Is it the city or the campus?  Are we not able to provide the atmosphere for  these athletes to focus and develop? Clearly they are not physically prepared from what I see with my own eyes but the mental part - the execution, the intensity - is nonexistent.

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The second half collapses are inexplicable.

But almost as inexplicable are the first half successes.  And a lot of that clearly IS coaching.

there wasn't really a first half success this game.  ISU was throwing the ball around  the yard and Purdy was not very good(rusty).  PK and the D did a good job against the run but ISU has actual coaches while we have check cashers and the coaches adjusted at half while our guys checked their bank accounts.

they are set for life though so good for them.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah I agree. He looked really bad today. Still don’t think he should have been pulled in the first quarter though. 

And once it was clear card wasn’t gonna do shit Casey should have come back in the third quarter. At least to change things up. Like Lincoln Riley did with rattler in the Ou game last year. I was a big sark supporter but this game, I dunno. 

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I don't know if I was hallucinating or not, but his hand looked pretty taped up.  Again, I may have been hallucinating.

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

He was beyond bad, he needed to be yanked, open every position up, season is over anyway.

13 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

30-7 ISU sounds eerily similar to a Strong box score. 

yep. this was a Strong level performance.  He's done.  recruiting is going to go to shit(we'll get 3 stars that will get bumped to 4 stars).  

so fucking depressing that we have leadership that can't read wikipedia to see a coaches history and go um "hard pass".  

I admit the staff being so fucking bad is a bit of surprise, except for the PAC12 DC, but as with most orgs they are reaching equilibrium with their leader.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Goodluckrecruiting said:

Damn. Y'all should get better so when you join the SEC at least some of the games will be competitive. It's more fun to hate on Texas when y'all can compete. I'm just down to pity for y'all.

This guy is probably a Vanderbilt fan here to gloat about not being the bottom bitch of the conference anymore.

bless you all for suffering thru it.

i haven't watched a down of college football since about 2pm on 10/16. my mate had it on but i put my earbuds in while cooking dinner so i wouldn't even have to hear it. i'm in full on 'just ignore' phase. first time in my life. i recommend it. 

i hope Sark can get thru this season. 

🤘

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I hate this because it means we're yet again 3 to 4 years away from being good. Sark will get his 3 years and then we'll trot in the next guy.

Again, who made the call on Herman and Sark? If it's the big money guys, how were they ever able to make their money when they waste 37 million dollars in staff changes to lose 4 games in a row?

For whatever reason, we fucking refuse to do what it takes to hire a proven winner in football.  Hell, our best two coaches we hired were both lucky crapshoots.  One was a middling 3 year coach who lost 4+ games a year and the other guy couldn't win conference.  When we do have the chance to hire a winner and those people actually listen, we shoot ourselves in the dick or shit our pants and end up keeping a guy too long, hiring Charlie fucking Strong, Steve fucking Sarkisian, whatever.  Something is fundamentally broken with how and who hires our head coaches.

It's fucking weird as shit because in damn near all other sports, we swing our dicks, whip out the paycheck, and do what it takes to get who we want.  Augie, Beard, Elliott, White, Reese.

Can I just say fuck iowa state and every other cheesedick insecure fanbase that feels compelled to spit on the Longhorns as we walk out the door.

Have your fun chanting "Fuck the longhorns" and stuff like that. Really shows how small they are.

There'll be a time again when Texas has its shit together and dominates them for the better part of decades, but I guess they can look back on this and cling to "that period of time they got to win a few games"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goodluckrecruiting said:

Damn. Y'all should get better so when you join the SEC at least some of the games will be competitive. It's more fun to hate on Texas when y'all can compete. I'm just down to pity for y'all.

And yet you’ll still never win anything in your pathetic lifetime. Too bad you can’t ask your great great granddaddy about the Good Old Day*.

19 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Thompson may be a JAG but he’s still better than card. I would like to win now and JAG beats sucks every time.

Didn't think I would say this, but I'm fine if both Casey and Hudson head for the portal after this season...  

• Hook 'Em 1

Guys, most of us said this when he was hired, and so far it's true...he's a fucking disaster of a hire. We knew this. No one from Bama succeeds because Saban runs that program from top to bottom. Smart is the outlier because Georgia is 1) in a weak ass conference in the East, and 2) Georgia recruits like a motherfucker. 

• Hook 'Em 2