It’s coaching vs we need new players thread

Rockethorn1978

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

If Sark can't bring in the right players to get his program going in the right direction, then he's gone. Every year that passes, he possesses more and more of the blame. He's squarely on the hot seat after this game, but hopefully not too publicly.

are you done with the its the players shit?  Sark is a fucking loser.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

good thing we have the south endzone for these country club athletes to lounge around in luxury and work on their NIL deals.  Great recipe for changing a soft culture.

You mean the multi-million dollar facility that includes glaringly empty seating picked up on television every time we do anything on that end of the field? That SEZ?

Edited by David Dennison

It's both. It's all fucked. We have 2-3 great players and the rest are all average to below average. We have coaches that can't pull anything out of these players. It's so f'ing bleak. I had more faith in Charlie to pull things out of the ditch than Sark right now. We hired the offensive version of Charlie. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

It's both. It's all fucked. We have 2-3 great players and the rest are all average to below average. We have coaches that can't pull anything out of these players. It's so f'ing bleak. I had more faith in Charlie to pull things out of the ditch than Sark right now. We hired the offensive version of Charlie. 

just like with Charlie, its the coaching that causes you to lose to Kansas(at HOME!)

This shouldn’t be a debate. Last week we were getting posts about how Iowa st has all these nfl guys on their roster and now we lost to Kansas at home. Coaches are hired and paid 5 mill a year to motivate and help student athletes get better. Especially in year one of a coaching transition. He knew his roster wasn’t good so he has to help them get better and he has done the polar opposite of what we hired him to do at a fucking rapid pace. 

CDC is probably enjoying it since he didn’t make the hire which is mind blowing. If we aren’t going to let our ad make the hire then why even have a ad and let it be a committee run athletic department.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, satyanash said:

But, but, but it is the players and definitely not the coaching. Hopefully that crowd will now shut-up.

Like I said earlier in the thread anything other then blaming Sark is a poor argument since even the staff had good reputations before getting here. Somehow Sark managed to lose the players and the staff with whatever it is he is doing wrong.

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Sark will still be here but I do believe and I hate to say this but PK has to go…

When Sark hires another D-Coord I hope he learned something from this hire and lets him have input in the defensive hires. . .

You think the guy that first wanted Mike Stoops and then hired PK is going to have any semblance of good judgement with the next staff hires? 

• Haha 1

Cross posting this from the PK thread.

9 hours ago, satyanash said:

This was our defensive two-deep against Colorado last year. With the exception of Juwan Mitchell who SUCKED and portaled to Tennessee, it's the same damn squad we have this year.

The same players who held Colorado to 23 points and 378 yards under Naivar just gave up 42 points and 550 yards to a Kansas squad with the 127th-ranked scoring offense in the country at 15 ppg.

It's the coaching. Stop pretending otherwise.

image.png

We have essentially the same 2 deep as we did against Colorado in the Alamo bowl last year, where we held them to ~375 yards of offense and about 20 points.  The talent level we fielded between that game and KU last night was very similar. 

Stop blaming the players. It's ~95% coaching, especially on defense.  

14 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Saying it’s the players doesn’t mean you’re discussing talent alone. Some of these guys simply don’t care, there is a major lack of effort. Coaching is not without its faults, obviously. But players make plays. 

Yet somehow the prior staff got the same guys to play together and with intensity in a meaningless bowl game. 

If you played for these morons, you would probably play with lackluster effort as well.  Bad coaches have teams that quit on them, just as bad managers have employees that DGAF.  It's starts at the top. Always, always, always at the top.  

1 minute ago, sportsbay said:

Coddled culture.  We need to purge most of the roster, like 95% of these guys.  We have to start over.  Sark's mistake was coming in with the same winning attitude they have at Alabama.  Clearly it's not here.  Time to clean out the roster.  More coaching changes aren't the answer.

I think this is the only option left. All graduates are shown the door.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

You are cherry picking to fit your narrative. The players are dogshit and so is the coaching.

Double down. The players aren’t worse than Kansas. JFC some of you will go down with the titanic as it sinks and say “nothing is wrong it’s the strongest ship on the sea”..

4 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

Coddled culture.  We need to purge most of the roster, like 95% of these guys.  We have to start over.  Sark's mistake was coming in with the same winning attitude they have at Alabama.  Clearly it's not here.  Time to clean out the roster.  More coaching changes aren't the answer.

LOL. Yea we need 85 new players!!! Then when it’s the same then what? I bet you double down and say it’s still the players and he needs another year to get more in! Moar players! Moar!!!

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Yet somehow the prior staff got the same guys to play together and with intensity in a meaningless bowl game. 

If you played for these morons, you would probably play with lackluster effort as well.  Bad coaches have teams that quit on them, just as bad managers have employees that DGAF.  It's starts at the top. Always, always, always at the top.  

All of these coaches have somewhat respectable coaching resumes, some actually stellar. These players on this team have never done much of anything. I have to lean toward a terrible roster. If we had an average left tackle we should have one that game by 14. Left tackle and defensive end is an abomination. Two of the most important positions on any football team is two of our worst positions. Those two positions poor performance falls on poor recruiting and or development by the previous regime. Blame the coaches all you want. They certainly aren't the only ones who should shoulder it though.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

LOL. Yea we need 85 new players!!! Then when it’s the same then what? I bet you double down and say it’s still the players and he needs another year to get more in! Moar players! Moar!!!

I do think that the players that are here aren't capable of winning. They don't deserve to play here or take up scholarships anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Double down. The players aren’t worse than Kansas. JFC some of you will go down with the titanic as it sinks and say “nothing is wrong it’s the strongest ship on the sea”..

I didn't say nothing wasn't wrong motherfucker, go fuck yourself. Read my posts before you attack me with this shit.

I’m shocked that there are still people blaming exclusively the players. There is no way in hell a decent defensive coordinator doesn’t do a better job with this defense. It may not have elite talent but it has good enough talent to be performing better than it is. 

• Like 2

Just now, immamac said:

I do think that the players that are here aren't capable of winning. They don't deserve to play here or take up scholarships anymore. 

you mean 90% of the ones that were here last year and would have gone 9-4 or 10-3?  yes Sam is not here.  the D is basically the same one that beat Colorado.

this is coaching pure and simple.  This roster isn't going to win 10 or 11 games but there is zero reason to win 4.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Well if he wants a quick turn around after this disaster he better get in a shit ton of graduate transfers and upperclassmen because you aren’t winning shit with just true freshman and transfer portals that never saw the field this year. Most guys are transferring because they don’t see the field, guys like Justin fields or the possible Quinn Ewers level of talent are the minority.

Just now, dcar00 said:

you mean 90% of the ones that were here last year and would have gone 9-4 or 10-3?  yes Sam is not here.  the D is basically the same one that beat Colorado.

this is coaching pure and simple.  This roster isn't going to win 10 or 11 games but there is zero reason to win 4.

Oh yeah, that Juggernaut Colorado..........Nice point.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Sam was here. I don't think you understand what he brought to the locker room. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

This is typical of a bottoming out process.  You have the bottom (Charlie) and then the relapse (now).  The constant here is the roster.  It's time to re-build.  If we can get someone who can evaluate talent and other rosters, the re-build time will be shorter and cheaper.

We are so fucked. It's a feedback loop at this point.

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

This.  People are dumbasses. Still blaming the players. 

we would be at 7 wins with a not Moranic DC.  Which just shows how bad sark is as a HC.  He dug this pit and I’ll pulling the entire program down with him. 

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I’m shocked that there are still people blaming exclusively the players. There is no way in hell a decent defensive coordinator doesn’t do a better job with this defense. It may not have elite talent but it has good enough talent to be performing better than it is. 

I'm not. The end of the Strong era demonstrated pretty clearly that there will always be a small group of morons who place the blame on anyone but the coaches. Arguing with them is pointless, yet I still do it. Sigh.  

Like this fucktard:

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Oh yeah, that Juggernaut Colorado..........Nice point.

Who did we play last night dipshit? And lose to?  At home? and gave up 56 fucking points?