Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

Pretty sure I saw one of the weapons the killer used was a shotgun.  

Hospital considered me a “multiple gunshot victim” when I was on the wrong end of someone’s negligence once.  Would bet it’s the same situation.   The hospital also mislabeled the size shot (even though I told the doctor several times, YGIFS here’s your caliber joke tee’d up) and it caused a bunch more confusion at both hospitals.  Think I still had 14-15 in me still at the time. 

So, it could have been worse?

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Um, so the type of weapon is the issue?

Where in the blue hell did you get that?  I was merely speaking to the specific anecdote about one victim (so far) surviving 21 wounds.

• Like 1

Posted by a Republican acquaintance. What is this even trying to say?

6c56b309a7b4bd2a76ec7ab045905c55.jpg

Uvalde voted 60+ for Hot Wheels. Shooter was 18. I bet he never voted.

I mean…other than the fact that it’s also insanely wrong. Tree of Life shooter and Parkland shooter were trumpy. That’s just off the top of my head.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean…other than the fact that it’s also insanely wrong. Tree of Life shooter and Parkland shooter were trumpy. That’s just off the top of my head.

I would wager that most mass shooters are young and have never voted. And certainly the sick gun culture appeals to right leaning people more than left anyway. 

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

If you really need to make it political spectrum oriented, most mass shooters aren’t from the right. Just some basic common sense when you digest the data. 

Lay it out for us, then.

Christ. Buffalo shooter obviously was a Biden voter. I'm sure the El Paso shooter was too. /s

This isn't a Republican/Democrat issue (as far as who is doing the shooting). There are some definite trends -- young, generally white, and male -- but not everything fits in that box. 

It's mental health plus easy access to very powerful guns. Everything else is smokescreen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Buffalo_shooting

Manifesto
Gendron is reported to have written a 180-page manifesto which he released prior to the shooting, primarily concerning the topic of mass immigration. The manifesto was originally posted on Google Docs on the evening of May 12, two days before the attack, and according to file data, it had not been modified since.[81] Federal law enforcement sources told CNN that they were reviewing the document,[12][82] as well as his 673-page online diary.[62] The manifesto includes biographical information, including a birth date, which is identical to that of Gendron.[81]

The author describes himself as someone who initially identified himself as being on the "authoritarian left",[83][84] before he developed American neo-Nazi, antisemitic, eco-fascist, ethno-nationalist, populist, and white supremacist views.[12][85] He claims to have adopted these ideological stances after he visited the discussion board /pol/ on 4chan, an imageboard, as well as the website The Daily Stormer beginning in May 2020,[5] on which he saw "infographics, shitposts, and memes" at around the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.[81][86][87] The manifesto primarily promotes the white nationalist and far-right "Great Replacement" conspiracy theory of Renaud Camus, which claims that elites are promoting immigration and decreasing white birth rates in an attempt to subject whites to a genocide.[5][88] The manifesto also says that Jews and the elites are responsible for transgender inclusivity and non-white immigration, that Black people disproportionately kill white people, and that non-whites will overwhelm and wipe out the white race.[89][90]

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He's hinting at a JohnnySack black crime stats style post without making it.

I mean, that's the only thing I can figure the graphic is trying to do -- insinuate that these shooting locations occurred in blue towns/cities/states and that couldn't be further from the truth when you look at the very first fucking one (Uvalde, which voted overwhelmingly for Abbott and other Texas GOP'ers).

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I mean, that's the only thing I can figure the graphic is trying to do -- insinuate that these shooting locations occurred in blue towns/cities/states and that couldn't be further from the truth when you look at the very first fucking one (Uvalde, which voted overwhelmingly for Abbott and other Texas GOP'ers).

I was talking about Ana's post (he was implying that black people are responsible for most mass shootings). The dipshit you quoted was just lying that every mass shooter listed was a Democrat.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know, I just want to see him say it.  He's too much of a chickenshit to do so.

To say what exactly? That most mass shootings are not politically influenced or motivated? I can understand that implying such in the CR is not well received, but in the normal-brained world it is pretty self evident. 

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

To say what exactly? That most mass shootings are not politically influenced or motivated? I can understand that implying such in the CR is not well received, but in the normal-brained world it is pretty self evident. 

You literally implied that there was a left-leaning orientation.  We can read.  We are also hyper-aware of your trolling nature while #bothsidesing everything.

If you really need to make it political spectrum oriented, most mass shooters aren’t from the right.

Edited by jimmyjazz

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is deflection at its finest. Some are politically-motivated in that they're race or religion motivated. Some are messed up kids who decide to shoot up their classmates. Others are workplace situations gone bad. But to blindly dismiss it as most are not politically-motivated -- I mean who gives a fuck? Most of us on here would like to limit access to these killing machines as much as possible so NONE of the above shooters can get their hands on these instruments. I say that for any liberal shooter/killers as well.

• Hook 'Em 8

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

But to blindly dismiss it as most are not politically-motivated -- I mean who gives a fuck?

I thought that you did. 

14 hours ago, C-Man said:

Posted by a Republican acquaintance. What is this even trying to say?

6c56b309a7b4bd2a76ec7ab045905c55.jpg

Uvalde voted 60+ for Hot Wheels. Shooter was 18. I bet he never voted.

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

My post was and is accurate. Don’t get mad cause you need to deal in broken brain forced political dichotomies. 

So, nothing.  As usual.  Man, you are one smart dude.  And a right-wing pig.  (oops.)

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I thought that you did. 

I simply was trying to understand what the two graphics were trying to show. Or was it simply cutting-and-pasting the list of mass shootings where an AR-15 was used and just putting "Democrat" next to it in a response without any rhyme or reason. It appears that is what was done because more than a handful of those aren't "Democrat" in any sense -- shooter, municipality, motivation, etc. Another MAGA moron responded with, "How many were trans?" These are broken, nonsensical people we are dealing with here.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I simply was trying to understand what the two graphics were trying to show. Or was it simply cutting-and-pasting the list of mass shootings where an AR-15 was used and just putting "Democrat" next to it in a response without any rhyme or reason. It appears that is what was done because more than a handful of those aren't "Democrat" in any sense -- shooter, municipality, motivation, etc. Another MAGA moron responded with, "How many were trans?" These are broken, nonsensical people we are dealing with here.

and that ana is tacitly defending and supporting. but oh well! both sides!

Just now, C-Man said:

Don't overthink it. It's social media propaganda. 

5 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Christ. Buffalo shooter obviously was a Biden voter. I'm sure the El Paso shooter was too. /s

This isn't a Republican/Democrat issue (as far as who is doing the shooting). There are some definite trends -- young, generally white, and male -- but not everything fits in that box. 

It's mental health plus easy access to very powerful guns. Everything else is smokescreen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Buffalo_shooting

Manifesto
Gendron is reported to have written a 180-page manifesto which he released prior to the shooting, primarily concerning the topic of mass immigration. The manifesto was originally posted on Google Docs on the evening of May 12, two days before the attack, and according to file data, it had not been modified since.[81] Federal law enforcement sources told CNN that they were reviewing the document,[12][82] as well as his 673-page online diary.[62] The manifesto includes biographical information, including a birth date, which is identical to that of Gendron.[81]

The author describes himself as someone who initially identified himself as being on the "authoritarian left",[83][84] before he developed American neo-Nazi, antisemitic, eco-fascist, ethno-nationalist, populist, and white supremacist views.[12][85] He claims to have adopted these ideological stances after he visited the discussion board /pol/ on 4chan, an imageboard, as well as the website The Daily Stormer beginning in May 2020,[5] on which he saw "infographics, shitposts, and memes" at around the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.[81][86][87] The manifesto primarily promotes the white nationalist and far-right "Great Replacement" conspiracy theory of Renaud Camus, which claims that elites are promoting immigration and decreasing white birth rates in an attempt to subject whites to a genocide.[5][88] The manifesto also says that Jews and the elites are responsible for transgender inclusivity and non-white immigration, that Black people disproportionately kill white people, and that non-whites will overwhelm and wipe out the white race.[89][90]

Can you do Tennessee now? 

Mass shootings include:

>Gang wars
>Maybe some crimes of passion (could include collateral damage)
>Planned terror attacks

On this thread and in the media, the planned terror attacks take up a lot of space. They’re done by individuals varying from cold sober to short-term mental crisis to mentally unstable to completely insane.

We can guess the partisan breakdown of terrorists, but I’m in the “who gives a shit” crowd on terrorist motivations.

Well maybe he should have thought of the risks before he went chasing a big payday in... *checks notes* public education.

In the words of the candidate favored by evangelical Christians in Iowa, get over it.

QF pathetic, head shaking truth.
For fucking real. Educators are literally laying down their lives for their students. And what is the response of the GQP? 1) “Get over it.” And 2) “let’s cut the fuck out of their funding.”
It’s just fucking evil and indefensible…and half the country approves of it.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

finally-about-time.gif

Of course, when the Fifth Circuit and USSC gets done, the reality is ...

aint-nothing-gonna-happen-nothing-happen

But at least some fuckin' cowardly sacks of shit will have to sweat for a few months, and perhaps a few will feed themselves some lead like they should have done long ago ...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, YGIFS said:

Too soon man, too soon.  

Also. 

Too appropriate man, too appropriate. 

is that aimed at me? I'm just parroting what will happen. no one will care because they're all already tanked in anticipation of the game. swept under the rug and business as usual at the "church" and in government.