Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

The woman was shot and killed by off-duty police inside the church shortly after, Finner said. 

The governor added he has been in contact with local and state officials to “help this community and help bring swift justice to the criminal who committed this heinous act.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4461893-shots-fired-at-joel-osteens-houston-megachurch/

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

If it had occurred at a Catholic church, would it have qualified as a Mass shooting?

And here is the body and blood of Christ.  

Oh sorry, the body and blood of Chris.  

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

i went to Elon's "citizen journalism" X app and typed in Lakewood Church as I didn't see this news yesterday. Literally every post featured is from a hardcore right winger. 

Are left wingers not covering it? Or do you think their coverage of it is being suppressed by Elon/X?

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I don't know. 

All I know about the shooter based on the X search is it's a transgender immigrant Bernie voter who had Free Palestine written on the AR-15. 

Well, you might have stumbled onto why the story is not being reported much by left wing outlets.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 5

57 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I don't know. 

All I know about the shooter based on the X search is it's a transgender immigrant Bernie voter who had Free Palestine written on the AR-15. 

CNN also reports “Free Palestine” was written on her weapon. She carried out the attack while carrying a child. The child is in critical condition.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/02/12/us/joel-osteen-lakewood-church-shooting-monday/index.html

Edited to add: the Houston Chronicle reports the child s not expected to survive.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/lakewood-church-shooter-18662859.php

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Rage+1 1

sounds like she had a history of mental illness and they also found a bunch of antisemitic writings from her (no idea if it was social media or what), but apparently her ex-husband was jewish.  fact remains that she walked past security into a church with a bag of guns and until she starting shooting people, she had not broken a law.

also, as far as right-wingers rushing to the internet to find out the background info of the shooter (she's a transgender!), i hope that we see more equal representation of these shooters, though i am sure we won't.

if we find out that shooters come from all backgrounds, race, religions, political ideologies, then maybe people will figure out that it's the fucking guns (and obvious lack of proactive measures to treat mental illness).  i know we'll never get there, but dare to dream.   

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The insanely slow lack of details being released has me convinced that cops hit the kid.

I suspect that they did.  And to be objective, if it was an active shooter trying to harm other people, you have a split-second call to make.  I can't fault that call in hindsight.  You do all you can to avoid hitting the hostage, but you also have to end the threat, because other lives are at stake in the immediate sense.  I can't fault the attempt, even if it did result in the hostage being hit.

And as for the attempted allegation that "the MSM is covering up that the shooter was a MTF trans and had gaza shit on the gun"....I mean, I learned both facts from....MSM news stories.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Boss Hogg said:

Are left wingers not covering it? Or do you think their coverage of it is being suppressed by Elon/X?

i have no idea if this is a real question, but cnn just had a solid hour+ dedicated to this story and i have no idea what type of coverage it got yesterday, what with the superbowl and such.  if it is a serious question - everybody is covering it.  as for searching for things on twitter, elon's algorithm likely isn't helping, but search results tend to prioritize posts/comments with a lot of arguing and engagement, and let's face it, the right tends to flood the zone when it comes to shit like this.

11 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The insanely slow lack of details being released has me convinced that cops hit the kid.

the story from the houston officials (cops and politicians) at the press conference make it sound like she brought the 7 year old in with her, and the kid was killed in the crossfire, so yes, likely by the cops.  no idea if it was her daughter or what, as i haven't researched anything other than the 10 min i just watched on cnn on non-mute.

1 hour ago, Boss Hogg said:

Well, you might have stumbled onto why the story is not being reported much by left wing outlets.

The story is being reported widely by the local news outlets as well as national "left wing" news outlets such as CNN.  But continue to view this through a partisan lens, by all means.

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Since the far-righters went all in on the shooter being transgender from the get-go, this police officer is saying that everything so far indicates this was a woman, and Elon and Co. are focused on the pronouns comment. 

The right wingers flooding the zone with transgender shit has succeeded in that the Lakewood shooter will forever be identified as transgender, regardless of whether or not it is true.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the story from the houston officials (cops and politicians) at the press conference make it sound like she brought the 7 year old in with her, and the kid was killed in the crossfire

Last I heard the kid was hanging in there.  But, shot in the head, so it sounds really bad.

38 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Since the far-righters went all in on the shooter being transgender from the get-go, this police officer is saying that everything so far indicates this was a woman, and Elon and Co. are focused on the pronouns comment. 

The latest reporting I have read says the child was shot in the head, is seven years old, and is her biological son. The transgender descriptive derives from an alias she has used. The sticker on the weapon said only “Palestine.” Besides the AR, she was carrying a .22 long gun. One of those weapons was recently, and legally, purchased. Also, she was engaged in a child custody dispute with her ex-husband, who is said to have “some” Jewish family members.

Her claim of carrying explosives was false. She is reported to have sprayed some substance on the floor (and it wasn’t her blood,) which was determined not to be a threat.

One question that has been asked is whether her timing showed racial animus against hispanics, as the Spanish service was about to begin.

I wonder if she wasn’t committing suicide by (off duty) cop, and wanted to take her son with her. I have no trouble believing her actions held a political bias, because of the sticker and the location.

https://abc13.com/amp/lakewood-church-shooting-shots-fired-houston-megachurch-woman-shot-and-killed-by-police-5-year-old-boy/14414345/

• Hook 'Em 1

Fucking hell. 

Neighbors spoke with KPRC 2 Corley Peel about the red flags they noticed while living next to Genesse Moreno, the woman involved in the Lakewood Church shooting on Sunday.

Several neighbors said Moreno harassed and threatened them for four years.

“I’ve been through hell. I have reported this, reported this and its gone on deaf ears,” said Jill, a neighbor. “I’ve had psychological officers out here that won’t answer their door, they won’t do anything, until she hurts you there is nothing we can do. Everyone keeps saying on all these big news stations, see something say something.”

Jill said Moreno had written swastikas on her property, placed baby monitors on a fence they share, and taunted her and her grandchildren multiple times.

She added that she saw Moreno Sunday morning, hours before the shooting at Lakewood Church, and noticed Moreno placed a blue tarp over her vehicle in the driveway and was placing items she couldn’t see inside the car.

Jill also noticed Moreno was carrying a trench coat in her arms that police said she was believed to be wearing when she walked inside the church.

KPRC 2 also spoke with the teacher of Moreno’s 7-year-old son, Farrah. She said Moreno accused her of harassing her son.

“She called the school saying I was stalking her house,” she said.

A neighbor across the street said she filed a police report in July 2022 when Moreno pulled a gun on her. She said Moreno was not arrested.

Between the group of neighbors, they have called police dozens of times and filed multiple police reports about Moreno’s behaviors.

“We went to the courthouse and we talked to commissioners and we talked to elected officials. We cannot do anything more than what we did we tried to stop this. We tried to help the public,” another neighbor said.

KPRC 2 reached out to Conroe Police Department asking why action was not taken after the neighbors reported the incidents. As of this writing, we are awaiting their response.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2024/02/13/ive-been-through-hell-neighbors-say-lakewood-church-shooter-harassed-threatened-them-for-years/

• Rage+1 5

And more. I still don't get how a person arrested 6x legally gets an AR-15. Unfortunately for the boy even if he survives he'll most likely be a vegetable for life. Horrible tragedy created by a looney that shoulda been in an institution, but it not for armed officers in the church it coulda been as bad as Uvalde or Nashville.

Neighbors Say They Warned Cops About Megachurch Shooter (newser.com)

4 hours ago, Hard Times said:

And more. I still don't get how a person arrested 6x legally gets an AR-15. Unfortunately for the boy even if he survives he'll most likely be a vegetable for life. Horrible tragedy created by a looney that shoulda been in an institution, but it not for armed officers in the church it coulda been as bad as Uvalde or Nashville.

Neighbors Say They Warned Cops About Megachurch Shooter (newser.com)

Who names their kid Farrah other than the Fawcett's?

Wow, crazy scene.  Much respect to the LEO and NG units that rushed in there without a moment's hesitation.  I wouldn't go in there single file or 2x2 like that through a narrowed bottleneck into a dark spaced fixed position, but they didn't fucking flinch and did their duty.  Hope everybody's okay.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Truly nothing more American that that.

Shooting at a parade celebrating the winner of the big American football game

Ron Swanson America GIF

$10 says the shooter was looking for Taylor

23 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Wow, crazy scene.  Much respect to the LEO and NG units that rushed in there without a moment's hesitation.  I wouldn't go in there single file or 2x2 like that through a narrowed bottleneck into a dark spaced fixed position, but they didn't fucking flinch and did their duty.  Hope everybody's okay.  

oh, I just assumed the shooting was taking place outside and they're all running inside to get away from it.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

oh, I just assumed the shooting was taking place outside and they're all running inside to get away from it.

But sir, this is the Kansas City Arby's, not the one in Uvalde. 

That's true /kramer

46 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Home Run Baseball GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I started making healthy life choices 4 months ago; better diet; no drugs, dropped alcohol use, and exercise more.

I'm more likely to die of lead poisoning than any health issues.

What's the fucking point?

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1