Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

4 minutes ago, THEHORN5561 said:

ruuL04.gif

On a balance scale, with $75 million in gold on one side, and the jizz jar on the other, with Scott Woodward on one shoulder as a devil, and Candi's boyfriend as an angel on the other.

Jimbo's honeymoon will soon start to fade. The aggy jokes will start to write themselves at an increasing pace.

Get your graphics skills ready. It is about to become the gift that keeps giving.

• Like 1

• Replies 72.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

When I was working in media 10-15 years ago, A&M had the absolute worst media food of anyone around.  They would literally haul stuff up from the concession stands to the Kyle Field press box, and in your media packet, you'd get two tickets (think carnival tickets) that you could exchange for the 2 items of your choice.  OTOH, at DKR, they'd have catered fajitas, enchiladas, etc.  I'd literally starve myself for the previous 24 hours, then get to the stadium 3 hours before kickoff to eat, then eat again when they opened it back up at halftime and after the game. 

So this: EECrVNXWsAU5Wev?format=jpg&name=medium

..is light years ahead of what was offered in the halcyon Bill Byrne days.

This explains why every statesman reporter looks to weigh 300 pounds.

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

When I was working in media 10-15 years ago, A&M had the absolute worst media food of anyone around.  They would literally haul stuff up from the concession stands to the Kyle Field press box, and in your media packet, you'd get two tickets (think carnival tickets) that you could exchange for the 2 items of your choice.  OTOH, at DKR, they'd have catered fajitas, enchiladas, etc.  I'd literally starve myself for the previous 24 hours, then get to the stadium 3 hours before kickoff to eat, then eat again when they opened it back up at halftime and after the game. 

Looks like a klan hat..

yeah cause it's always been so easy to get industrial solvents into a football stadium
Most stadiums have free dispensers for one of the most important industrial solvents. Well except for UCF's stadium when we played them in the first game in that stadium.

This solvent is also sold with various additives dissolved in it. Some of them are mixtures of two or more solvents.

Every time you go to a game in DKR you take an opaque bag of industrial solvents into the stadium.

You seem stupid, aggy.

• Haha 1

“Every Aggie fan we met were the most incredible and classiest of any fan base and the Aggies are clearly an important asset to the SEC. I only wish they would have picked our conference to enrich.

Also, all of the male Aggie fans we met clearly have huge penises.

Sincerely,

Anonymous”
Huge penises?

So

Muledick?
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, texaslong said:

So after your team pretty much gets shut out, you decide to take care of the local media with a nice little buffet. Here come the softball questions. I'l give Jimbo credit though, he knows what he's doing. 

Your definition and my definition of "nice" buffets are different but I know you were just saying that.

At the time, A&M was also selling seats in the press box to fans.  Not talking about Texags, you'd look down press row and you'd see 80-yo Verne and Vera Phillips from Navasota dressed head to toe in maroon polyester.  They supposedly weren't allowed to cheer, but they would with no consequences. 
Thats a bullshit story. aggy does not cheer, they yell. and bleat.
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I believe "10-15 years ago" coincides with the great toilet paper rationing program aggy instituted, right?

So after your team pretty much gets shut out, you decide to take care of the local media with a nice little buffet. Here come the softball questions. I'l give Jimbo credit though, he knows what he's doing. 
Goddamn right he knows what he is doing. He's gonna have 75 mill free and clear in a year or so and can Walden Ponderer the hell out of that shithole.

Billie Sol Estes would be proud.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Horn Draoi said:

MrPlegm lived at Jester?  Odd, I had him picked for a good bit older than that......

Jester opened in '69 so Phlegm is a maximum of ~68 years old but i believe a bit younger.

Edit: i am correct, Phlegm is ~65ish.

Edited by Hagbard Celine
i see his post

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

"aggie grind burger" eh

spacer.png

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:

Goddamn right he knows what he is doing. He's gonna have 75 mill free and clear in a year or so and can Walden Ponderer the hell out of that shithole.

Billie Sol Estes would be proud.

He'll have a harder time selling his house, though. Dumbass should have just commuted from Huntsville.

16 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

yeah cause it's always been so easy to get industrial solvents into a football stadium

They will skew you with a sword if you step on their field, or club you in the head with a two by four if you  call them out for harassing a bunch of chicks. But they all get with that "deer in the headlights" at the sight of orange as one of theirs get vandalized...   

It must carry over from that first time they looked across the line at varsity glaring back at them with hellfire in their eyes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I was with the Express-News and then the Star-Telegram from 1996-2006 after being at The Texan starting in 1994. I honestly don't remember the food -- if there was any -- at the UT media day (Monday of game week) and the game-day spread was average (at best) to below-average Mexican food usually (think On the Border quality). I covered aggy in Fran's first season and I don't remember the food being very good there either. Now that I think about it, we had the Monday media availability and then you got to go over and eat in the aggy athletic cafeteria.

• Like 1

They will skew you with a sword if you step on their field, or club you in the head with a two by four if you  call them out for harassing a bunch of chicks. But they all get with that "deer in the headlights" at the sight of orange as one of theirs get vandalized...   
It must carry over from that first time they looked across the line at varsity glaring back at them with hellfire in their eyes.

Orange wasn't Texas colors at that time.