Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Interesting timing. I was having a conversation this morning with an ag extension agent here in Orange County, NC, about which breeds of chicken do best in the Carolina Piedmont, and the subject came up of my having just migrated from College Station, Tx. The agent (an NC State grad) said, "That's weird. No offense, but you seem too smart to be an aggy."

Turns out, they aren't just blowing smoke:  they really are famous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Interesting timing. I was having a conversation this morning with an ag extension agent here in Orange County, NC, about which breeds of chicken do best in the Carolina Piedmont, and the subject came up of my having just migrated from College Station, Tx. The agent (an NC State grad) said, "That's weird. No offense, but you seem too smart to be an aggy."
Turns out, they aren't just blowing smoke:  they really are famous.
8a757555193a1ce63e5b223f3c47bd7d.gif

Our friends from Dumbfuck Redneck State Embarrassment A&M University are bleating like inbred mouthbreathers about the fact that Chris Del Conte has enforced the policy he put in place before the 2018 game regarding seating for visitors and visiting bands.

Since at least 2008, the College Band Directors National Association has had guidelines in place for the best common practices involving college and university student athletic bands, including guidelines for visiting bands at football games. Those guidelines (in pdf) can be accessed here: https://www.cbdna.org/pdf/CBDNAAthleticBandGuidelines.pdf )

With respect to visiting bands, they state, in part:

• Seating with field access and proximity to visiting fans and a buffer from home fans is critical.
  • The use of percussion and other large instruments, as well as the physical nature of playing instruments, necessitates extra seating. It is simply impossible to seat a band with a 1 to 1 ratio; the 1.5 seat suggestion is a standard practice.

While idiots are quick to complain, they rarely take all the relevant factors into consideration when analyzing anything. Facts are a mere inconvenience to idiots. 

Since the beginning of the 2018 season, I have not heard of a single complaint from any band visiting DKR regarding inconvenient access to the playing field. Not one. Obviously, UT is complying with that provision. Seating any group in the lower sections of DKR would create a logistical problem in providing the required buffer from home fans. (Remember, the LSU band required an allocation of 500 seats for their 325 member marching band.)

Below is a gameday picture of a TCU home game. Notice in the northeast corner (at about 1 o'clock) a strip of red on the very end of the seating section. The color red makes it appear the visiting team is OU. On the lower level at the far and of the section are some of the visiting fans. On the upper level, just as they are seated at every single TCU home game, is the visiting band. In the upper deck. There is a buffer of visiting fans between the home fans and the visiting band. The exact same logistical setup as currently exists at DKR. In the bottom right is the TCU band.

What other schools choose to do to abide by the accepted best practices is their business, as long as the seating allocation is appropriate and an appropriate buffer from home fans is provided. CDC has long had in place a practice of seating visiting bands in the upper deck. He did it at TCU. He put the practice in place as of his first game at Texas. TCU still has the practice in place.

And the mouthbreathers continue to embarrass themselves, and the state of Texas, by their ignorance on the subject.

Mind you, not one complaint prior to LSU from any band visiting DKR. Not one complaint ever from those visiting Amon Carter Stadium in Ft. Worth. Only complaints from the white trash rednecks from Baton Rouge and College Station.

And the aggys insist we need to renew the series with a white trash opponent that we were thrilled to be done with after 2011. As I said, idiots rarely take all the relevant factors into consideration when analyzing anything.

large.2062664736_hornedfrogfans.jpeg.00dcc134fbc3ceb81e95284603574fff.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

On 9/16/2019 at 10:51 AM, DanTheHorn said:

As I view the rankings it must be killing aggy to not be able to say they are the highest ranked 1 loss team as they move on to being the highest ranked two loss team this week. Not to mention, soon they will be the best 4 loss team in college football as they are proudly able to claim at some point by the end of every season.

But there are like 5 of their sec brothers in the top 10, so they will gladly take a few L's to keep them there.

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Our friends from Dumbfuck Redneck State Embarrassment A&M University are bleating like inbred mouthbreathers about the fact that Chris Del Conte has enforced the policy he put in place before the 2018 game regarding seating for visitors and visiting bands.

Since at least 2008, the College Band Directors National Association has had guidelines in place for the best common practices involving college and university student athletic bands, including guidelines for visiting bands at football games. Those guidelines (in pdf) can be accessed here: https://www.cbdna.org/pdf/CBDNAAthleticBandGuidelines.pdf )

• Seating with field access and proximity to visiting fans and a buffer from home fans is critical.
  • The use of percussion and other large instruments, as well as the physical nature of playing instruments, necessitates extra seating. It is simply impossible to seat a band with a 1 to 1 ratio; the 1.5 seat suggestion is a standard practice.

While idiots are quick to complain, they rarely take all the relevant factors into consideration when analyzing anything. Facts are a mere inconvenience to idiots. 

Since the beginning of the 2018 season, I have not heard of a single complaint from any band visiting DKR regarding inconvenient access to the playing field. Not one. Obviously, UT is complying with that provision. Seating any group in the lower sections of DKR would create a logistical problem in providing the required buffer from home fans. (Remember, the LSU band required an allocation of 500 seats for their 325 member marching band.)

Below is a gameday picture of a TCU home game. Notice in the northeast corner (at about 1 o'clock) a strip of red on the very end of the seating section. The color red makes it appear the visiting team is OU. On the lower level at the far and of the section are some of the visiting fans. On the upper level, just as they are seated at every single TCU home game, is the visiting band. In the upper deck. There is a buffer of visiting fans between the home fans and the visiting band. The exact same logistical setup as currently exists at DKR. In the bottom right is the TCU band.

What other schools choose to do to abide by the accepted best practices is their business, as long as the seating allocation is appropriate and an appropriate buffer from home fans is provided. CDC has long had in place a practice of seating visiting bands in the upper deck. He did it at TCU. He put the practice in place as of his first game at Texas. TCU still has the practice in place.

And the mouthbreathers continue to embarrass themselves, and the state of Texas, by their ignorance on the subject.

Mind you, not one complaint prior to LSU from any band visiting DKR. Not one complaint ever from those visiting Amon Carter Stadium in Ft. Worth. Only complaints from the white trash rednecks from Baton Rouge and College Station.

And the aggys insist we need to renew the series with a white trash opponent that we were thrilled to be done with after 2011. As I said, idiots rarely take all the relevant factors into consideration when analyzing anything.

Good post, but updated.  Over the summer, TCU updated its visitor band seating.  Before 2019, they were seated in the section you show in your picture.  Top section, east side, far north, section 226.  .  

For the 2019 season, however, they were moved to section 416, top section, west side, far north.  Basically as far from the field as you can get in the stadium.  In your picture, they would have moved from the top section on the right hand side of your picture to the top section on the left hand side of your picture.  The effect of the move is to group them with all of the other visiting sections, move them even farther from the field, give them less of an acoustical advantage over the undersized TCU band, and make them hoof it up and down the ramps to get to their seats before and after the game and at halftime.  

I think UT did it first--I think UT moved the visiting band to the nether reasons a year or two ago, and TCU is following UT's lead on it.  

Your point is valid, though.  There's nothing wrong with it.  And why does aggy care?  They won't play UT anyway.  spacer.png  

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Colin cowherd just stated on his show the there are 7 brands in college football: Texas, ou, Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, and Notre Dame.

cue Agricultural outrage in 3...2...,

aggy isn't even in the next level of teams like Auburn, Georgia, Florida State, Florida, Penn State, UCLA, Oregon. They would be in the next level with Miss. State, Arkansas, Oklahoma State, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

After seeing LSU's band up in the nosebleed seats in Austin last weekend, Tiger Nation is expecting that Texas' band will get the same treatment when they come to Baton Rouge in 2020.

Executive Deputy Director of Athletics Verge Ausberry confirmed that hope to The Advocate Tuesday:

quote:
"We're going to do the same thing to them, too," Ausberry said.

Southeastern Conference policy requires that 1,500 tickets for the visiting school must be in the lower deck, but that won't apply to Texas, of the Big 12 Conference, Ausberry said. The contract between the two schools allowed visitors only 3,000 tickets, less than the 5,000 the SEC requires for conference games.

The LSU-Texas contract, however, doesn't specify where those seats must be, Ausberry said.

What comes around goes around....

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

After seeing LSU's band up in the nosebleed seats in Austin last weekend, Tiger Nation is expecting that Texas' band will get the same treatment when they come to Baton Rouge in 2020.

Executive Deputy Director of Athletics Verge Ausberry confirmed that hope to The Advocate Tuesday:

quote:

Southeastern Conference policy requires that 1,500 tickets for the visiting school must be in the lower deck, but that won't apply to Texas, of the Big 12 Conference, Ausberry said. The contract between the two schools allowed visitors only 3,000 tickets, less than the 5,000 the SEC requires for conference games.

The LSU-Texas contract, however, doesn't specify where those seats must be, Ausberry said.

I don't think any intelligent person expects anything less than similar treatment.

I'm waiting for aggy to bleat "Even teams like Michigan don't put their visiting bands in the upper deck." Ditto, UCLA, Ohio State, etc, etc.

Visiting Team Fan Sections

Although there is no designated visitor sections, most opposing team fans are subjected to sit in the upper tier of the South Endzone between sections 9-15.

https://blog.tickpick.com/michigan-stadium-seating-chart-michigan-wolverines-seat-views/

large.1498498676_michiganstadium.jpeg.c90d92cb48d3a4fba497318cca3f1d35.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

11 minutes ago, ulukinatme said:

From SEC Rant:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/8-types-of-ships-in-the-sec-right-now/85422189/

8 Types of Ships in the SEC Right Now

tFlagship: Arkansas

36571792856_098ed9eabb_b.jpg

tShips of the Line: Alabama, Georgia, LSU

ships-USS-Pennsylvania-North-Carolina-li

tFrigates: Florida, Auburn

Sybille_vs_Chiffone-cropped.jpg

tBrigantines: Kentucky, USC, Mississippi State

antoine-roux-the-french-brig-tiphis-off-

tSchooners: Vanderbilt (odd for a Commodore), Missouri, Ole Miss

42d313ba9ca3769618724abf86702352.jpg

tJunks: Tennessee

Antique-Chinese-China-Qing-Dynasty-Oil-P

tGayPartyCruise: A&M

chararimpa_rainbow.jpg

The upvote/downvote ratio at the rant is mind boggling.

That conference as a whole (despite their supposed conference loyalty) mauls aggy as a whole as bad as we ever did.

• Like 3

The upvote/downvote ratio at the rant is mind boggling.

That conference as a whole (despite their SUPPOSED conference loyalty) mauls aggy as a whole as bad as we ever did.

Kind of fify. The fact that the SEC hates, laughs at, and exposes aggy for who they really are, is the only thing I’ll claim when it comes down to conference love. My conference mates have grabbed the reins on aggy tomfoolery before they hit the ground during the handoff. It’s solely for that reason that I’ll give my conference kudos.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

quote:

Who gives a fuck? Why are those stupid bitches still crying?

9 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Kind of fify. The fact that the SEC hates, laughs at, and exposes aggy for who they really are, is the only thing I’ll claim when it comes down to conference love. My conference mates have grabbed the reins on aggy tomfoolery before they hit the ground during the handoff. It’s solely for that reason that I’ll give my conference kudos.

And they have only begun to learn of aggy.

It will only get better as time goes on.

14 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Why was there talk that there would be 30k LSU fans at the game? Were there a ton outside the stadium?

There were a lot, but not as many as I've seen from other distant schools like Nebraska and even KSU.

Edited by utee94

2 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

From SEC Rant:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/8-types-of-ships-in-the-sec-right-now/85422189/

ships-USS-Pennsylvania-North-Carolina-li

antoine-roux-the-french-brig-tiphis-off-

Antique-Chinese-China-Qing-Dynasty-Oil-P

chararimpa_rainbow.jpg

m38.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

Colin cowherd just stated on his show the there are 7 brands in college football: Texas, ou, Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, and Notre Dame.

cue Agricultural outrage in 3...2...,

Cowherd's an idiot.

broken clock/ blind pig and all...

Edited by Iceman

From SEC Rant:

ships-USS-Pennsylvania-North-Carolina-line-Frederick-1897.jpg
antoine-roux-the-french-brig-tiphis-off-the-entrance-to-marseilles-setting-sail-for-guadeloupe.jpg
Antique-Chinese-China-Qing-Dynasty-Oil-Painting-Junk-_1.jpg
chararimpa_rainbow.jpg

7808965384b6a8bdd4b1b5dea0ca85cc.jpg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
quote:
so It will be a year or two for A&M to be a realistic threat.

No it will be more like 100 years. You are A&M.

There's a current thread on Texags right now re: iconic aggy pictures. I just looked at the first page, one of Dat, a maroon-out, etc. No matter how many pages they click through, though, there'll be nothing equivalent to VY crossing the goal line, DKR celebrating a title, etc. Just about every program has at least one really meaningful moment that they can celebrate and look back on fondly.

Greece and Egypt don't have many recent accomplishments, but they do have a tremendous history (no CR). Truly nothing exists like this for aggy. Really impressive when you think about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:
I do not know any real Texan who has not grabbed their nuts.
The only "Texans" I have heard of who had a dildo parade were in Austin. And those are the facts sir.

aggy is in the wrong line of work. Needs to change user name to gloryholedoc.

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:
I do not know any real Texan who has not grabbed their nuts.
The only "Texans" I have heard of who had a dildo parade were in Austin. And those are the facts sir.

It is weird how much that bothered them. It happened years ago and hardly anybody noticed or cared.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

It is weird how much that bothered them. It happened years ago and hardly anybody noticed or cared.

I don't know which part is more pathetic, the fact that they think it is manly to fondle themselves in public, or the fact that they feel threatened by a display of feminine sexual independence. Collective identity is a pretty stupid starting point for self-actualization, but admitting to having zero tolerance for any hint of rejection by others borders on being pathological in one's crapulence.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

they feel threatened by a display of feminine sexual independence.

no offense, Walden, but I think the vast majority of people think women walking around in public swinging dildos for any reason, let alone trying to make a ham-fisted political point, is fucking weird, same as Aggies grabbing their junk in public

• Like 2