Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Can't wait to see some random Lamar fan show up on Texags this weekend.

It'll be even better with Lamar. The theme will be that his biggest regret in life was slacking off in high school and bad grades that prevented him from the vaunted honor of being an aggy man. It motivates him to live up to aggy standards even though he knows he'll never be privileged enough to call himself an aggy man. And he'll of course tear up remembering that he missed his shot at aggy glory.

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

As someone who has regular exposure to Clemson fans: that’s exactly like something they would write. They are over the top friendly. It’s a culture change they made many years ago, and prior to that it was a bunch of drunk fightin’ rednecks and we used to dread when they would come to town. Now it’s my favorite road game every other year. Fans that would give you the shirts off their backs and miles of talent in every direction. We once tried to see how many free beers we could get on the walk to the stadium. No one remembers that game.

That said, fuck aggy. I am good friends with one at work now and I was killing him over text messages during the game. I finally got a response “IF YOU EVER WANT MY HELP AGAIN YOU’LL STOP TYPING AGGY”

I told him not to be such a sensitive aggy.

It's one thing to be nice fans, there are other fanbases where you can get free beer and be treated well. It's another thing that every one of these visiting fanbases has someone go on to texaggy to write a multi paragraph essay about how much they just loved aggy, and they usually include that even though they were raised a fan of X university, they will do everything they can to get their sons into aggy. OSU prides itself on being a friendly fan base, and last year some Boise State fans had signed up on the message board to talk football before the game, one came back with a simple one paragraph post congratulating us on the win and saying he enjoyed the game and was treated well. Nothing over the top, just a nice thanks and acknowledgement. That is believable. A 1500 word post about how overwhelmed they are with the greatness of aggy is a phenomenon that only exists on texags and is very transparent from whoever they put in charge of creating those bullshit posts.

• Like 3

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It'll be even better with Lamar. The theme will be that his biggest regret in life was slacking off in high school and bad grades that prevented him from the vaunted honor of being an aggy man. It motivates him to live up to aggy standards even though he knows he'll never be privileged enough to call himself an aggy man. And he'll of course tear up remembering that he missed his shot at aggy glory.

It's one thing to be nice fans, there are other fanbases where you can get free beer and be treated well. It's another thing that every one of these visiting fanbases has someone go on to texaggy to write a multi paragraph essay about how much they just loved aggy, and they usually include that even though they were raised a fan of X university, they will do everything they can to get their sons into aggy. OSU prides itself on being a friendly fan base, and last year some Boise State fans had signed up on the message board to talk football before the game, one came back with a simple one paragraph post congratulating us on the win and saying he enjoyed the game and was treated well. Nothing over the top, just a nice thanks and acknowledgement. That is believable. A 1500 word post about how overwhelmed they are with the greatness of aggy is a phenomenon that only exists on texags and is very transparent from whoever they put in charge of creating those bullshit posts.

Every one of these supposed "overly impressed" fans posts anonymously, instead of actually signing their name?

Bullshit.

I don’t understand the rancor over the fan fiction letters. It’s fucking awesome every time they show up. I always think, “they simply can’t put another one of these together”, and then they do, and it is always hilarious with the same old tropes trotted out.

I remember them doing it on texags after Nebraska visited in the late 90’s or early 2000’s. The fucking hooting and hollering about the good bull was absolutely deafening. Anyone who has actually attended events with these people or even simply spent time around more than a couple of them congregating together knows that the stories are absurdly untrue.

I’ve always assumed Liucci writes them. They’re too consistent not to have the same hand over the years and he’s the only site personality that has been there the whole way. It also fits in with his need to tell everyone about how fucking close ATM is to the summit, just soooo close and classy, and people need to know this. 

• Like 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

I don’t understand the rancor over the fan fiction letters. It’s fucking awesome every time they show up. I always think, “they simply can’t put another one of these together”, and then they do, and it is always hilarious with the same old tropes trotted out.

I remember them doing it on texags after Nebraska visited in the late 90’s or early 2000’s. The fucking hooting and hollering about the good bull was absolutely deafening. Anyone who has actually attended events with these people or even simply spent time around more than a couple of them congregating together knows that the stories are absurdly untrue.

I’ve always assumed Liucci writes them. They’re too consistent not to have the same hand over the years and he’s the only site personality that has been there the whole way. It also fits in with his need to tell everyone about how fucking close ATM is to the summit, just soooo close and classy, and people need to know this. 

I look forward to them. I think it is hilarious those dumbfucks don't understand how transparent they are. They are a reflection of aggy culture that I wish I had kept a collection of over the years.

My favorite is still the 2013 Auburn one where the dolt claims to have got lost seven times between the parking lot and the stadium. The aggys simply don't see how others see that person as having a RELLIS-level IQ. I challenge anyone to find anyone at any sporting event anywhere in the world (outside of College Station) to get lost seven times from the parking lot to the venue.

• Like 2

“Every Aggie fan we met were the most incredible and classiest of any fan base and the Aggies are clearly an important asset to the SEC. I only wish they would have picked our conference to enrich.

Also, all of the male Aggie fans we met clearly have huge penises.

Sincerely,

Anonymous”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mdleast said:

“Every Aggie fan we met were the most incredible and classiest of any fan base and the Aggies are clearly an important asset to the SEC. I only wish they would have picked our conference to enrich.

Also, all of the male Aggie fans we met clearly have huge penises.

Sincerely,

Anonymous”

Yea, everyone loves the aggys

So, in other words, all of you Aggie fans who were kissing taterhead arse all summer understand why kind of entitled, condescending, douchebaggery sheep humping sister banging assclowns we have to deal with all year .... is that what you're trying to convey?

Or wait, you're not trying to claim that UTa whorne fans are worse than the sheep humping sister bangers are you?

A&M fans are really the only SEC fans that I probably couldn’t enjoy having a beer with. Basically because I get the feeling they have a closet of A&M shirts and then one of Bama shirts to wear when they lose. Add that to bragging about the Tax Slayer Bowl and it’s
comical. And the fact they beat their little selves off on the State House is pretty strange. Most of them seem odd

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/one-bright-spot-to-come-out-of-saturday-for-aandm-enlightenment/85287607/#lp

2 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

One of these stories every few years people could believe. When there is one from every single visiting fan base and now about aggy as visitors fire up your favorite yah right meme.

and why is there always exactly ONE from each fanbase? are there not multiple fans out of the thousands that have the awesome experience that want to write their story? why is it always one?

27 minutes ago, po elvis said:

and why is there always exactly ONE from each fanbase? are there not multiple fans out of the thousands that have the awesome experience that want to write their story? why is it always one?

Obviously, the aggy author is only capable of writing one such missive because the rest of the time his face is planted in a campus glory hole.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chad said:
billy is upset that Rivals Mike took a shot at him calling Billy a fan writing articles.......hahahaha! The butthurt coming from Billy is hilarious.

He runs a fansite...he is on the sidelines of their games and parties with the players and coaches. How can he deny he is a fan?

Edited by Valmy77

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I heard this at least 3 times from Clemson fans throughout the day.

"Y'all need to get rid of Jimbo. He's gonna kill you. Look what he did to Florida State." Yada yada yada. I argued with them to a point but they really didn't want to hear it.

Man, whoever wrote that hatchet piece on Coach, and especially that Clemson radio host that got into the little tit-for-tat with Olin Buchanan, has got them eating that BS hook line and sinker. Then again, they've dealt with Jimbo a lot longer than we have. I don't see it. But maybe I'm just drinking the koolaid?

I think we absolutely got the right guy. Anyone disagree?

Bill Superman

3:45p, 9/9/19

What does Clemson fan's take on anything matter?

They're brand new to the sport

95_Aggie

3:50p, 9/9/19

In reply to Bill Superman

Quote:
They're brand new to the sport

and still have more national championships than we do

spacer.png

It's not considered a hatchet piece when every word of it is true.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese slices! It is like somebody brought HEB directly to my place of business!

It has long been a total mystery in the sports media world whether writers would ever be in favor of free food and/or drink. 

Next to alchemy and cold fusion, Bjork has stumbled onto one of the great mysteries of human existence. 

13 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

and...?  @Doc Sam Beckett

I dunno, I don't listen to Clemson radio, but Jimbo has always been a scumbag, and was up through his last game at FSU. Had a bullshit backup LB level our best corner on a kick return nowhere near the play. Cheap shot knocked him out cold and did the "sleep" gesture to the crowd as he was being ejected. Dirty play that Jimbo said wasn't intentional. 

59 minutes ago, Chopper said:

At least one of these photos seems ripe for a future photoshop.

Okay, so "Grind Burger" is a Louisville, KY, staple. Knowing that, it bugged me that I couldn't remember seeing anything, anywhere, in College Station named "Aggie Grind Burger" nor did I remember it from any menu from a restaurant of a different name.

A cursory search has come up blank. It appears that this is the name of some proprietary blend from the good folk with the contract at SuperKroger Field -- probably Aramark, as a wild-assed guess, or some similar generic McVendor.

Knowing aggy as I do, I have very little doubt that it is as generic a little slider as it could possibly be, undoubtedly "grilled" on a tabletop griddle one step removed from George Foreman's kitchen.

Might as well put out carrots, celery, and a bowl of ranch. Hell, I'd actually probably prefer that, if I'm being honest.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Who Billy should pay not to write is Olin Buchanan anyone who would write for Billy.

Honestly, unless Jane Goodall comes along, who with any honesty, integrity, grammar skills, or just general intelligence would have any interest in writing about aggy athletics?

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

Honestly, unless Jane Goodall comes along, who with any honesty, integrity, grammar skills, or just general intelligence would have any interest in writing about aggy athletics?

how can you talk about them like that? don't you know they're partnered with The All-American, which is a serious journalistic endeavor???

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

It has long been a total mystery in the sports media world whether writers would ever be in favor of free food and/or drink. 

Next to alchemy and cold fusion, Bjork has stumbled onto one of the great mysteries of human existence. 

When I was working in media 10-15 years ago, A&M had the absolute worst media food of anyone around.  They would literally haul stuff up from the concession stands to the Kyle Field press box, and in your media packet, you'd get two tickets (think carnival tickets) that you could exchange for the 2 items of your choice.  OTOH, at DKR, they'd have catered fajitas, enchiladas, etc.  I'd literally starve myself for the previous 24 hours, then get to the stadium 3 hours before kickoff to eat, then eat again when they opened it back up at halftime and after the game. 

So this: EECrVNXWsAU5Wev?format=jpg&name=medium

..is light years ahead of what was offered in the halcyon Bill Byrne days.

Edited by Beau Vine

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

When I was working in media 10-15 years ago, A&M had the absolute worst media food of anyone around.  They would literally haul stuff up from the concession stands to the Kyle Field press box, and in your media packet, you'd get two tickets (think carnival tickets) that you could exchange for the 2 items of your choice.  OTOH, at DKR, they'd have catered fajitas, enchiladas, etc.  I'd literally starve myself for the previous 24 hours, then get to the stadium 3 hours before kickoff to eat, then eat again when they opened it back up at halftime and after the game. 

Most events I have been invited to lately have been in Dallas and Legends caters FDC and ATT with somewhat decent food. The media food at DKR has never been a source of complaints. It doesn't surprise me that aggy would try to get away with the same crap food they give to recruits on the "big weekends."

The difference between decent catered food and crap catered food is less than $10/ person. Maybe $500/ event.

Last year NIKE decided to cut sponsorship for individual high school camps (The Opening) and instead to spend on 7v7. The Opening got sent to Dallas at The Star. The Star left the media with no on-site food, not even on-site bottled water. If they keep that up, the media will (continue to) shun the event. It will die and  Adidas/ UA will own the event for the incremental price of doing it right, as opposed to on the cheap.

Food is cheap marketing. Some organizations get that, some don't.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Most events I have been invited to lately have been in Dallas and Legends caters FDC and ATT with somewhat decent food. The media food at DKR has never been a source of complaints. It doesn't surprise me that aggy would try to get away with the same crap food they give to recruits on the "big weekends."

The difference between decent catered food and crap catered food is less than $10/ person. Maybe $500/ event.

Last year NIKE decided to cut sponsorship for individual high school camps (The Opening) and instead to spend on 7v7. The Opening got sent to Dallas at The Star. The Star left the media with no on-site food, not even on-site bottled water. If they keep that up, the media will (continue to) shun the event. It will die and  Adidas/ UA will own the event for the incremental price of doing it right, as opposed to on the cheap.

Food is cheap marketing. Some organizations get that, some don't.

At the time, A&M was also selling seats in the press box to fans.  Not talking about Texags, you'd look down press row and you'd see 80-yo Verne and Vera Phillips from Navasota dressed head to toe in maroon polyester.  They supposedly weren't allowed to cheer, but they would with no consequences. 

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

At the time, A&M was also selling seats in the press box to fans.  Not talking about Texags, you'd look down press row and you'd see 80-yo Verne and Vera Phillips from Navasota dressed head to toe in maroon polyester.  They supposedly weren't allowed to cheer, but they would with no consequences. 

Such financial brilliance is how A&M became the wealthiest public university in the nation with an endowment that dwarfs UT Austin's.

I can't wait until I get my hands on billions of dollars, so I can also serve Kroger coldcuts to my guests and hang out at sporting events with people wearing polyester.

Edited by Randolph Duke

6 hours ago, po elvis said:

Have you noticed how they all use the exact sound exactly alike too?  These are people from California, Arizona, and South Carolina and they all talk exactly alike.   No regional dialects, slang, or phrasing.  

- Mond was terrible, especially on deep balls. Clemson running three down linemen for most of the game instead of their typical four seemed to confuse him, and limit his running ability.

- Trevor Lawrence was terrible, and Clemson still won by 14, and were up 21 before the last real play of the game. If he brought even his C Game, this would have been considerably more embarrassing. Oh well. 

- Corbin looked good; runs (ran?) hard for a smaller back, and created some yardage in the game that wasn't blocked for him. Spiller looked just ok; they'll miss Corbin a lot, imo

• Like 2