Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Just now, BabaYaga said:

They're decent, but they've not really exploited many teams with a decent defense and are outside the top 25 in total passing offense.  

they haven't played much in the way of good defenses and when they have they have struggled.

• New Mexico #128 DFEI
  • Miami: #29
  • UL Monroe: #99
  • Auburn: #12
  • Arkansas: #47

they ripped the shit out of NM and ULM (24/34 for 277 yards and 6 TDS + 32/40 for 399 yards and 2 TDs)

against Miami, Wegman went 31/53 for 336 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT. 64th percentile in EPA/dropback and 54th in yards/dropback.

against Arkansas their QBs combined for 15/25 for 193 yards and 2 TDs. 56th percentile in EPA/dropback and 73rd in yards/dropback

against Arkansas Max Johnson was 17/28 for 210 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT. 53rd percentile in EPA/dropback adn 68th% in yards/dropback

they aren't a particularly good passing offense and they are not putting their players in a position to be successful.

Texas for comparison was 83rd percentile in EPA/dropback vs Bama, 46th vs Wyoming, 88th vs Baylor, 86th vs Kansas.

Alabama was 51st in EPA/dropback vs TExas, 70th vs Ole Miss and 73rd vs Miss St.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

8 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Never underestimate Aggy's ability to choke when it matters. I expect Bama to have their besr game of the season and put Aggy to its place. 

I'm torn. I feel like Bama will put a game together against aggy but aggy tends to excel more in failing when least expected. I could see aggy win this one and then lose to both USCe and Miss St at home instead.

6 hours ago, NoName said:

understatement

since joining the SEC they are 0-5.

they did win the 2 prior games in BR, in 94 and 92 though lol

the A&M/LSU thing is new to me but shocker, they are not consistent about their bitching. how many times have we heard about how unfair it is that they have played a ton of games outside of College Station?

they have played 38 of 61 games (62%) in Baton Rouge.

since 1940 they have played 35 of 49 games (71.4%) in Baton Rouge.

from 1940 to 1995 they played 30 of 37 games (81%) of games in Baton Rouge.

haven't heard bitching about any of that.

image.png.29e478b50eceb8f550ee4d8c60fa8a78.png

A&M has some pretty crazy records, like losing records against their biggest rivals - Texas (76-35-5), LSU (35-23-3), Arkansas (42-35-3) - but hey they have winning records against Baylor (68-31-9) and Texas Tech (37-32-1),TCU (56-29-7) and SMU (52-27-3)

Thanks for pulllng the stats! I saw that their last win was in 94, but I was too lazy to look at it any deeper. 

Aggys are so fucking delusional. Historically get their asses handed to them, but they beat #1 Bama in 2012...amIrite?

13 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm torn. I feel like Bama will put a game together against aggy but aggy tends to excel more in failing when least expected. I could see aggy win this one and then lose to both USCe and Miss St at home instead.

Saban doesn't lose too many of these games. We were fortunate to catch them early on and get the W, but Aggy won't get that lucky. Also, I don't put much stock to their wins against Arky and Auburn. Both are bad teams who couldn't stop stepping on their own dicks. I will be shocked if Bama doesn't win this game by at least a touchdown.

In the land of Lone Star, where legends are born,
A tale of ineptitude, alas, must be sworn.
Texas A&M, with dreams so high,
Yet their football endeavors often make us sigh.

They boast a stadium grand, a sea of maroon,
But victory's tune seems a distant monsoon.
In the heart of Aggieland, they gather each fall,
But their struggles on the field leave fans in thrall.

They recruit with promise, with hopes to ascend,
But on game day, it's a different story to mend.
The ball slips through fingers, the passes off-mark,
In the face of adversity, they falter, they hark.

Their rivals may gloat, and their critics may jest,
As the Aggies falter, they put them to test.
With missed opportunities and fumbles galore,
Texas A&M's ineptitude, fans can't ignore.

But in the heart of the faithful, the spirit remains,
Through wins and through losses, through sunshine and rains.
For football is more than a mere win or loss,
It's the passion, the pride, the love without pause.

So, let us not dwell on their struggles so dire,
For in every defeat, there's a spark to inspire.
Texas A&M may falter and fall,
But the Aggies, in spirit, stand tall.

You clowns sitting here pontificating about aggy and their performance thus far. It don't make a shit. It's fucking October my brothers and the Rollercoaster car has just crested the hill. Get your FUCKING popcorn ready and sit back and enjoy the show. 

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

It's gonna be glorious when Texas boatraces aggy at pyle field next year. 
Pycc4u.gif
We could lose the meat of our D-line, at least 2 receivers, maybe our best TE and possibly be breaking in a new QB if Quinn gets a 2nd round grade. (which is possible for any decent QB.) But yeah, I think we beat them in spite of all that.

Saban doesn't lose too many of these games. We were fortunate to catch them early on and get the W, but Aggy won't get that lucky. Also, I don't put much stock to their wins against Arky and Auburn. Both are bad teams who couldn't stop stepping on their own dicks. I will be shocked if Bama doesn't win this game by at least a touchdown.
The problem is Saban will have to run Milroe to win this one, but he (and the rest of the world) now knows he has jack shit at QB if Milroe goes down. I'm talking worse than any of our QB rooms under Charlie Strong bad..

1 minute ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

The problem is Saban will have to run Milroe to win this one, but he (and the rest of the world) now knows he has jack shit at QB if Milroe goes down. I'm talking worse than any of our QB rooms under Charlie Strong bad..

Saban does not give a fuck about winning anything but the next game he plays,  That is why he is so successful.  His panties are not in a wad about possibly losing Milroe.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Saban does not give a fuck about winning anything but the next game he plays,  That is why he is so successful.  His panties are not in a wad about possibly losing Milroe.  
He doesn't have a stable of 4-5* QB's waiting their turn like he's had in the past. His panties may not be wadded, but you can be damn sure he doesn't want to lose Milroe.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ousux said:
17 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

He doesn't have a stable of 4-5* QB's waiting their turn like he's had in the past. His panties may not be wadded, but you can be damn sure he doesn't want to lose Milroe.

Did Saban have to sit Milroe after our game to figure out he didn't want to lose him.

He should know what he has backing him up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Did Saban have to sit Milroe after our game to figure out he didn't want to lose him.
That's my point, he knows exactly what he has behind Milroe and it's a worse QB room than many FCS teams at the moment.

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

That's my point, he knows exactly what he has behind Milroe and it's a worse QB room than many FCS teams at the moment.

Wait, worse than aggy’s?

33 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

The problem for aggy is if their offensive line can't keep from getting Max Johnson knocked out of the game, it will get ugly fast. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve always found it dumbfounding that HS players from a more “urban” area would even entertain going to B/CS, if not for the $$$. Players from D/FW, Austin, SA, and other large out of state metro areas would consider it. I’ll always leave Houston out for the local “brain washing” and burgundy environments of the greater H-Town area.

It’s got to be the $$$, which isn’t real NIL, because it isn’t or can’t be the historical record of success.

Hook’em!!!

I’ve always found it dumbfounding that HS players from a more “urban” area would even entertain going to B/CS, if not for the $$$. Players from D/FW, Austin, SA, and other large out of state metro areas would consider it. I’ll always leave Houston out for the local “brain washing” and burgundy environments of the greater H-Town area.

It’s got to be the $$$, which isn’t real NIL, because it isn’t or can’t be the historical record of success.

Hook’em!!!
aggy does both. Bags now and grand promises of NIL later. That's going to appeal to some recruits...which is how you end up with a lockerroom smoking weed before an away game.

36 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

If by "urban" you mean Black (in this context), the it's not surprising at all. I've argued on this board, on Shaggy, and on hornfans that a&m has a larger Black fanbase than people realize because it accepted Black athletes on the football team before UT.

I believe UT accepted Black students first, but a&m have the first Black football player on the team. That still sits with some older Black people in Texas. 

But also, the aggy indoctrination they do in the Houston suburbs works. My cousin (went to Spring Westfield, not an athlete) is very, very aggie and graduated from there. He wears shitkickers and all. It's odd because his sisters are very, very opposite. 

I think this is a game for Alabama offense to win or lose. If they tailor their offense to Milroe with well-timed scrambles, simple pass-keep options and an occasional deep shot, they will be fine. If they try to make his a pocket passer, he may throw to the other team like in last year’s game.  

13 minutes ago, AeroHorn said:

I think this is a game for Alabama offense to win or lose. If they tailor their offense to Milroe with well-timed scrambles, simple pass-keep options and an occasional deep shot, they will be fine. If they try to make his a pocket passer, he may throw to the other team like in last year’s game.  

I think A&M dictates the game on that side of the ball. The D line is deep and talented. They will have to be able to run the ball to open up the pass. Milroe isn’t going to win a game throwing it 30 times. 

If by "urban" you mean Black (in this context), the it's not surprising at all. I've argued on this board, on Shaggy, and on hornfans that a&m has a larger Black fanbase than people realize because it accepted Black athletes on the football team before UT.
I believe UT accepted Black students first, but a&m have the first Black football player on the team. That still sits with some older Black people in Texas. 
But also, the aggy indoctrination they do in the Houston suburbs works. My cousin (went to Spring Westfield, not an athlete) is very, very aggie and graduated from there. He wears shitkickers and all. It's odd because his sisters are very, very opposite. 

Race isn’t any part of my imagination at all. I’m thinking of (me) as an 18 year old that has: music, movies, restaurants, shopping, and basically entertainment within a 10-15 min drive, counting stop lights. To not have that at your disposal as a youngster would be baffling to one that is used to it.

I moved my wife from an urban area to Boerne in the late ‘2000s, and damn near every weekend she wanted to go into SA, so that is kind of a comparison, except we weren’t paid to live there.

Hook’em!!!

Race isn’t any part of my imagination at all. I’m thinking of (me) as an 18 year old that has: music, movies, restaurants, shopping, and basically entertainment within a 10-15 min drive, counting stop lights. To not have that at your disposal as a youngster would be baffling to one that is used to it.

I moved my wife from an urban area to Boerne in the late ‘2000s, and damn near every weekend she wanted to go into SA, so that is kind of a comparison, except we weren’t paid to live there.

Hook’em!!!
Collie station doesn't have anywhere near the variety, (especially music) but it isn't the sleepy little college town it once was. Havent been there in years and no plans to ever go back, but credit where credit is due..according to one of my aggy neighbors the aggy exes put a lot of money into making that town somewhat palatable for college kids. Even so you'll still find plenty of aggy spending their weekends in Austin when there isn't anything going on in the station.

4 hours ago, Pimphand said:

In the land of Lone Star, where legends are born,
A tale of ineptitude, alas, must be sworn.
Texas A&M, with dreams so high,
Yet their football endeavors often make us sigh.

They boast a stadium grand, a sea of maroon,
But victory's tune seems a distant monsoon.
In the heart of Aggieland, they gather each fall,
But their struggles on the field leave fans in thrall.

They recruit with promise, with hopes to ascend,
But on game day, it's a different story to mend.
The ball slips through fingers, the passes off-mark,
In the face of adversity, they falter, they hark.

Their rivals may gloat, and their critics may jest,
As the Aggies falter, they put them to test.
With missed opportunities and fumbles galore,
Texas A&M's ineptitude, fans can't ignore.

But in the heart of the faithful, the spirit remains,
Through wins and through losses, through sunshine and rains.
For football is more than a mere win or loss,
It's the passion, the pride, the love without pause.

So, let us not dwell on their struggles so dire,
For in every defeat, there's a spark to inspire.
Texas A&M may falter and fall,
But the Aggies, in spirit, stand tall.

Sing it, mutha fuckaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ousux said:

Collie station doesn't have anywhere near the variety, (especially music) but it isn't the sleepy little college town it once was. Havent been there in years and no plans to ever go back, but credit where credit is due..according to one of my aggy neighbors the aggy exes put a lot of money into making that town somewhat palatable for college kids. Even so you'll still find plenty of aggy spending their weekends in Austin when there isn't anything going on in the station.

I thought the glory holes were always busy in their bus station.

6 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Wtf are you talking about?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I, for one, am very disappointed that we missed on TJ Shanahan.  15.9 in PBLK likely in garbage time.  Granted it's only 4 reps, but woof that's bad.  Aki having a 0.0 in 9 reps has to be unheard of, right?

Aki is a human boson. First ever encountered in nature.

5 hours ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Milroe is ok...if he only has to throw to one open receiver.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Nothing to see here, just cosplay soldiers in some sort of Great Pumpkin ritual. Lord knows what they do to that pumpkin afterwards 

W_APTOPIX_The_Klan_at_1_Ledb.max-752x423

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSllupYNCj65LYLotUw7sy

Either they have zero self-awareness, which is sad, or they know exactly what they are doing. I think it is the latter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, nnm said:

W_APTOPIX_The_Klan_at_1_Ledb.max-752x423

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSllupYNCj65LYLotUw7sy

Either they have zero self-awareness, which is sad, or they know exactly what they are doing. I think it is the latter. 

Huh, just now realizing that aggy aesthetic is eerily similar to the Nazi brown shirts in the 1930s. Military fatigues and combat boots.

74 Nazi Stormtroopers Stock Photos, High-Res Pictures, and Images - Getty  Images

Texas A&M creates pipeline for Corps of Cadets members to become doctors -  Vital Record

Edited by ATXhorn17