Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Didn't we do something similar to the other stoops brother that sark wanted as DC?  Memory is fuzzy as to specifics but I thought he got on a plane as our DC but when he landed the offer was rescinded for similar reasons of a revolt in the ranks 

Mike Stoops. Sorta similar situations, but I don’t know about any plane boardings. His name was floated and shamed from what I remember. 

Sark really should have trusted his gut there. Would have been an excellent hire. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

28 minutes ago, Constant said:

Mike Stoops. Sorta similar situations, but I don’t know about any plane boardings. His name was floated and shamed from what I remember. 

Sark really should have trusted his gut there. Would have been an excellent hire. 

says OU fan who wants to subvert Texas from within..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Someone on this thread made the case for Taylor to Cougar High that made sense.

He could clean up on the 2nd tier recruits and maybe snag a few top tier guys in the Houston and East Texas area and put together a pretty good team without having to worry about the Bull Shit at A&M.  He could pad his resume and his choices would be a lot better than they are now.  

Baylor,  no.

Plus, he doesn't have to live in Collie Station.  Automatic win.

• Hook 'Em 1

The thing that is truly baffling to me is that they are tying themselves to a recruiting class that has delivered a 12-12 record since being on campus. The roster is full of holes, has no depth, is undisciplined, and entitled. Yet, they want to keep this roster in place so badly that they are going to literally mortgage the next 3 years of their program to keep them in place, INCLUDING forcing a hire upon a coach and/or hiring from within from a .500 staff. Just wow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

The thing that is truly baffling to me is that they are tying themselves to a recruiting class that has delivered a 12-12 record since being on campus. The roster is full of holes, has no depth, is undisciplined, and entitled. Yet, they want to keep this roster in place so badly that they are going to literally mortgage the next 3 years of their program to keep them in place, INCLUDING forcing a hire upon a coach and/or hiring from within from a .500 staff. Just wow.

And I assume not all of that recruiting class is still even on campus.  Does anyone know how many they have left?

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Was talking about this with buddies after we’d attended the KSU game. We may hate OU…but we all genuinely like and respect Castiglione. Why? Because he’s smart and strategic. And he knows that an OU with no rival, or a pathetic rival, is not nearly as marketable and lucrative as an OU WITH a solid rival. The Texas-OU rivalry makes both programs better, especially financially.
FANS may hate opposing teams, but business owners (think NFL owners, college ADs, etc) know that opposing teams are literally the thing that keeps them in business. The owners of the Eagles and Giants LOVE having the Cowboys to “hate,” because that rivalry sells tickets, beer, jerseys, etc.
Castiglione gets that. Del Conte gets it. Aggy….does not. Not even a little bit. In a sane world, aggy knows that things are better WITH Texas as an actual rival…but they bolted conferences just to get away from us, THEN bitched because we wouldn’t schedule games with them on their terms and to their benefit.
Aggy is stupid, and their stupidity hurts themselves and everything they touch.
OU sucks…but Castiglione is smart, and the Texas-OU rivalry benefits both programs.
Fucking aggy, man.

Does anyone remember the blog (I think it was a K State fan) from the early realignment rumor days where it was the board room meeting of all the teams and aggy kept referring to the SEC as the sex conference and eating the microphone?  I can't find it anymore and that was always the best representation of them, imo.