• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Elko just moved from College Station to Durham and still has children in HS I think. Sure he could go back alone, but I've said it more than once, money solves a lot of problems but the wisest know when the price is too high. Duke versus A&M with regards to the current situation, makes Durham look a lot rosier.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Elko just moved from College Station to Durham and still has children in HS I think. Sure he could go back alone, but I've said it more than once, money solves a lot of problems but the wisest know when the price is too high. Duke versus A&M with regards to the current situation, makes Durham look a lot rosier.

I live about a half hour from Durham.  Durham used to be kind of ghetto, but it has undergone a significant amount of gentrification recently - much like Austin but on a much smaller scale.  It's turning into a really nice place to live with a lot of hip, trendy restaurants and boutiques.  It's also about three hours from the coast (OBX/Wilmington/Myrtle Beach) in one direction, or roughly the same from some decent ski resorts in the western NC mountains in the opposite direction.

If I were given a choice between living in Durham or living in Collie Station, it would be a no-brainer.  Durham all the way.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

724105D8-FE9E-4797-B902-B782C0484EB5.png

Pretty sure when aggy poached Elko from ND as their d coordinator, the exact same headline was released about him staying in south bend. And then he ended up fleecing aggy for more money. 

not sure if that is what is happening here again. But either way, it’s still fucking hilarious to watch play out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, orangebird said:

I live about a half hour from Durham.  Durham used to be kind of ghetto, but it has undergone a significant amount of gentrification recently - much like Austin but on a much smaller scale.  It's turning into a really nice place to live with a lot of hip, trendy restaurants and boutiques.  It's also about three hours from the coast (OBX/Wilmington/Myrtle Beach) in one direction, or roughly the same from some decent ski resorts in the western NC mountains in the opposite direction.

If I were given a choice between living in Durham or living in Collie Station, it would be a no-brainer.  Durham all the way.

You mean you'd rather live there than just minutes from Lake Somerville? 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Wait, isn’t Robinson black?  How’s that going to work??  

Honestly, that was my first thought but they have already hired Sumlin.   

But other than Tech I couldn't imagine a more race conscious fan base.  If you recall, their DC (Ruffin McNeil) coached the bowl game and was not offered the job so he became the head coach at his alma mater, ECU.

Edited by Bullneck
wikipedia is your friend

6 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Downtown Durham is pretty cool. 

I went to Raleigh / Durham for work over the summer. It's beautiful there. I could tell downtown Durham was being "revitalized" 

Would definitely Raleigh / Durham over collie station, but that's not really saying much  

33 minutes ago, NoName said:

I know it's hard to believe but the hottest brunch place in College Station is The Kettle.

image.thumb.png.2fc7e403f1c038cc5e2e73aa42c7e2c6.png

30 minutes ago, tx ind said:

They don't have a Shoney's?

Add that to the list of restaurants I've never set foot in but they seem to stay in business somehow (Arby's, Hardees)*.  I would add Sonic but they apparently concocted some kind of Frito Pie that I might have to try.

*OK, I've eaten there but not in the last 20 years.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, orangebird said:

I've been to Durham only once and there's no question in my mind, Durham >>> Kornfield Kounty.

Edit: Yes, I took into account the Hee Haw Honeys and Colonel Daddy's Daughter.

Edited by TheRealRonWeaver?
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jasper_Jester said:

Administrators at A&M care what Texags.com has to say (?). There are so many hilarious layers to this onion.

Dont ask me how I know this, but they monitor TexAgs full-time.  They view it more of a nuisance to be dealt with than care about anyone's opinions, though.

• Prepare your anus 1

59 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Obligatory

Lainie Fritz former Ch2 sports anchor. they let her go because she was to  sexy for TV : r/hot_reporters

Too much makeup and an outfit that screams desperation.

I can fix her.

(Now someone tell me who she is.)

16 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Texags has been intimately involved in all of their hiring and firing starting with RC Slocum’s firing. 

Someone once told me, "There are no Aggie jokes; they're all true." I think that was, itself, supposed to be an Aggie joke. But it's not. It's true, too.

I've met some A&M grads, from back before Governor Goodhair turned it into a diploma mill, who have really, really good heads on their shoulders. In fact, I think the overwhelming majority of Gen X and later A&M grads see TexAgs as the wretched hive of scum and villainy that it is.

But unfortunately for them, and fortunately for us, it's not the best and brightest running the show. It's Old Army and TexAgs.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously.
This is a board famous for responding to any number of posts with dickbutt, cartoons of dicks, sending PMs to Derka, and having “rules” about RATS.
And it would make 1000X more sense for a college administration to get advice on coaching and team leadership from here than from Texags.

Granted, a few of us (vaguely points) did have a hand in an NIL thing that has brought the likes of Kelvin Banks and others to our fine campus. We're not 11-1 today without it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Dont ask me how I know this, but they monitor TexAgs full-time.  They view it more of a nuisance to be dealt with than care about anyone's opinions, though.

If aggy believes that TexAgs is a true representation of its alumini and fan base, I don’t know what is worse 1) that they believe that or 2) that it’s true.

edit: obligatory why not both

Edited by 89Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, mchookem said:

lol this fucking clown show is so entertaining it brought Mrs. Whiggins back 😄

TBH, I had some free time and was catching up and also reading the yearly Holiday Family Festivities and Fracases thread in Lulz but you know, I do believe short of the Christmas Light Tour From Hell, this has hands down been a grand time. Never would I have imagined the roller coaster conclusion being conducted quite so spectacularly.

• Haha 5