• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

44 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Don’t they have to pay royalties to UT for using our logo, even if upside down & “sawed”?

Talk about mindless obsession. Lol

I doubt UT or the CLC is chasing down every dumbass aggy with screen-printing operation, but it appears their bookstores have changed the longhorn noggin enough not to infringe on UT's copyrights and trademarks.

6 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I doubt UT or the CLC is chasing down every dumbass aggy with screen-printing operation, but it appears their bookstores have changed the longhorn noggin enough not to infringe on UT's copyrights and trademarks.

Bro they wouldn't let our athletes use Texas or orange for NIL. They 100% go after this shit

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bro they wouldn't let our athletes use Texas or orange for NIL. They 100% go after this shit

Yeah, if the longhorn noggin mirrored our trademarks they would. But, that shit has been selling in aggy bookstores for decades.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

Yeah, if the longhorn noggin mirrored our trademarks they would. But, that shit has been selling in aggy bookstores for decades.

Oh here's an article from a long time ago about it...

https://www.myplainview.com/news/article/UT-settles-lawsuit-over-Saw-Em-Off-logo-8490724.php

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Thanks

I'm not a lawyer, but I graduated from UT in '91 and my aggy friends have worn this type of gear since then. You can readily see the modifications with the muzzle change and nostrils. That makes a difference.

UT rarely goes after high schools who use the logo, but I can think of a school in KS they went after too. I've read that K-State licenses its Power Cat to schools for a nominal fee, like $500. Maybe UT does that now, as well.

2 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Thanks

I'm not a lawyer, but I graduated from UT in '91 and my aggy friends have worn this type of gear since then. You can readily see the modifications with the muzzle change and nostrils. That makes a difference.

UT rarely goes after high schools who use the logo, but I can think of a school in KS they went after too. I've read that K-State licenses its Power Cat to schools for a nominal fee, like $500. Maybe UT does that now, as well.

Yeah Elgin pays that fee to use it

18 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Don't be so hard on the S!E!C! gumps. It only took them 12 years to figure this out.

aggy's magic number

To be fair, I think it took them about 6 months to completely figure this out.  And that is not mud that big bro is shoving the aggies face info.

• Hook 'Em 1

When the Aggies went apeshit over Seattle using "The 12th Man" as a label for their fans, one of the reasons the Aggies said that it had to be done was that unchallenged use of proprietary stuff could lead to losing your trademark. Their case was an embarrassment to them and a field day for @Randolph Duke (Come in, Randy, come in. Over?...Calling Randy. This is Surly. Do you read? Over.........), but I actually learned something from a Texags poster. 

Reading the link, that asshole running the store and his lawyer are a real peaches. Poster cucks for red ass Aggies everywhere and why no person other than an Aggie can stand to be around them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Let me guess...Loupot's @ Northgate?

Do college students even purchase textbooks these days?

The fact that they have to make a display for ONE baseball game against us shows us how much we live in their minds 24/365.

When we join the SEC in fall of 2024 it's going to be fun watching this almost weekly.  Maybe before then if the SEC shows up their AD and we end up hosting the first football game against them since they took their toys went to the SEC.

eric andre mind blown GIF by The Eric Andre Show

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

When the Aggies went apeshit over Seattle using "The 12th Man" as a label for their fans, one of the reasons the Aggies said that it had to be done was that unchallenged use of proprietary stuff could lead to losing your trademark. Their case was an embarrassment to them and a field day for @Randolph Duke (Come in, Randy, come in. Over?...Calling Randy. This is Surly. Do you read? Over.........), but I actually learned something from a Texags poster. 

Reading the link, that asshole running the store and his lawyer are a real peaches. Poster cucks for red ass Aggies everywhere and why no person other than an Aggie can stand to be around them.

You didn't have to tag him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The fact that they have to make a display for ONE baseball game against us shows us how much we live in their minds 24/365.

When we join the SEC in fall of 2024 it's going to be fun watching this almost weekly.  Maybe before then if the SEC shows up their AD and we end up hosting the first football game against them since they took their toys went to the SEC.

eric andre mind blown GIF by The Eric Andre Show

That display is not just for this baseball game.  Those morons buy and wear that shit all the time.  It's a mental illness.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

That display is not just for this baseball game.  Those morons buy and wear that shit all the time.  It's a mental illness.

Oh I know.  My neighbor is an aggy and his son has the decal on his car for which I've asked him why the obsession for a school you blamed for your problems for years and the SEC was the cure all?   They can't answer other than wait to you get to the SEC, blah, blah, blah....  I've asked multiple times do you see my obsession or any UT fan/alum,  etc. doing the same with you all with cute stickers on our cars and T shirts.   Uh, just wait to you get to the SEC and find out is the response.       

I'd love to be a main supplier for one of the aggy stores.  Their current suppliers must laugh all the way to the bank because they print up shirt, caps, drinking cups, etc. for anything and everything they consider commemorative like our baseball game against them.  Or when they "BTHO" Alabama or the 74-72 against LSU a few years ago.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I'd love to be a main supplier for one of the aggy stores.  Their current suppliers must laugh all the way to the bank because they print up shirt, caps, drinking cups, etc. for anything and everything they consider commemorative like our baseball game against them.  Or when they "BTHO" Alabama or the 74-72 against LSU a few years ago.  

Aggy "commemorative" chotchke supplier has gotta be up there with Chick-Fil-A franchisee as business models that are just licenses to print money. They gotta keep that kind of money machine hook up "in the Aggy network" right? right???

36 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

When the Aggies* went apeshit over Seattle using "The 12th Man" as a label for their fans, one of the reasons the Aggies* said that it had to be done was that unchallenged use of proprietary stuff could lead to losing your trademark. Their case was an embarrassment to them and a field day for @Randolph Duke (Come in, Randy, come in. Over?...Calling Randy. This is Surly. Do you read? Over.........), but I actually learned something from a Texags poster. 

Reading the link, that asshole running the store and his lawyer are a real peaches. Poster cucks for red ass Aggies* everywhere and why no person other than an Aggie* can stand to be around them.

* aggy. 

Never capitalized and never plural. Because every single one of them is exactly the fucking same. Like sheep, or fish. Indistinguishable and insignificant 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Because you tagged him I had to check.  He did visit the site on Saturday so he's still alive.

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

* aggy. 

Never capitalized and never plural. Because every single one of them is exactly the fucking same. Like sheep, or fish. Indistinguishable and insignificant 

The chances of me conforming to a naming convention to be used universally to presumably belittle a football rival/cult are remote. I'm as likely to enroll in Fish Camp for yokel indoctrination.

Aggy had it's time. A million years ago we had a come back win in a bowl game. On Hornfans one of the regular posters, Italian name, wrote something celebratory. A&M must have lost their game. "This ain't Aggy." I laughed. I laughed at other uses. Now it's tired.

No offense intended.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The chances of me conforming to a naming convention to be used universally to presumably belittle a football rival/cult are remote. I'm as likely to enroll in Fish Camp for yokel indoctrination.

Aggy had it's time. A million years ago we had a come back win in a bowl game. On Hornfans one of the regular posters, Italian name, wrote something celebratory. A&M must have lost their game. "This ain't Aggy." I laughed. I laughed at other uses. Now it's tired.

No offense intended.

I use aggy for two reasons;

1. It gets under their thin skin and mocks their "tu"
  2. It distinguishes them from the other run-of-the-mill Aggies; NMSU, USU, NCAT, etc.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

A few years back, The Woodlands was sent a "cease and desist" letter from Wisconsin for using their Motion W. They changed it up to be in compliance.

I was living in The Woodlands when that happened.  Youngest graduated from there.  Openly pull against Wisconsin for them being bitches. Wisconsin could have named a price and TW probably would have paid.  Oh well.

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

No offense intended.

Agree, I don't use it because I consider it to be just as childish and stupid as "t.u." and I'm better than them.

• Hook 'Em 4