• Replies 72.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I don't think you can put a price on this. It's the single-best thing that's ever happened to A&M. A&M is a fat person who is obsessed with her weight but who got rid of her bathroom scale and isn't shy about telling everyone how happy she now that she's the perfect weight.
Think of the evolution like this. The single purpose of A&M to an Aggie is to be better than Texas. They rarely were. They lost to us all the time in everything they cared about, meaning their purpose was totally fruitless. 
Now, the purpose hasn't changed but they practically never have to deal with objective evidence of their failure. Even when we finish with a better record in football and are ranked higher, we didn't play them or the same schedule so they can still claim to have been superior, adjusting for difficulty.
This has been the A&M fallback dream all along. It will never change. They'll never want to play us in football because deep down they're much happier being able to say they're better than they would be with risking finding out the truth. They're happy enough with the delusion that they won't risk having it punctured. 
The deepest darkest secret: A&M fans are relieved they didn't have to play us in 2012. Not because they think they'd have lost to us, but because they're terrified they might have. 
Whatever you say aggy boy.

86e6f3291fd19f38bdc602c8262c0097.jpg
  • Haha 1

I could have invented Facebook or written a song like Angel From Montgomery or created the Simpsons. Instead, I understand Aggies perfectly and post about it on the Internet. Ah well.
Whatever aggy boy.

Understanding folks from NMSU and UC Davis geeze what a talent.

You should join up with The Mystery Men.

1f462aac0a9e99b0150b6cc3fcee8704.jpg

9 hours ago, Orange&White said:

I don’t think even in money.

You can’t really tell for sure because they lie and misrepresent every single number they publish. But I’m pretty sure now that the Capitol campaign won’t be in their books any more, even that money farce will go away.

Call me when Georgia Tech goes to the legislature to ask for more money because it’s unfair that UGA gets more.

Frankly I think the OU OSU comparison is too generous to aggy.

10 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Call me when Georgia Tech goes to the legislature to ask for more money because it’s unfair that UGA gets more.

Frankly I think the OU OSU comparison is too generous to aggy.

Yep.  In the past 15 years, Okie St has Final Four finishes in all 3 major sports.

Baseball, that is, from secrant:

I noticed from the press releases from both 12thman.com and the Longhorn website that there is a discrepancy in the all-time head-to-head record. Texas listed it as 244-126-1 and A&M had it at 239-126-1. I compared the media guides for the both the Aggies and Longhorns and found that Texas has the following additional wins listed:

April 24, 1903 - Texas 6, A&M 2 in College Station
April 25, 1903 - Texas 7, A&M 1 in College Station
May 11, 1907 - Texas 7, A&M 3 at Austin
May 11, 1907 - Texas 2, A&M 1 at Austin
May 15, 1948 - Texas 3, A&M 2 at Austin 

I did some digging and found the following:

1903 - A&M does not list the Aggies as fielding a team in 1903. The original team played in 1894, and then according to the media guide, the Aggies did not have a team until 1904. According to the 1903 Longhorn (http://bookreader.library.tamu.edu/book.php?id=yb1903&getbook=Go#page/n119/mode/2up), there was a team (official or club team I do not know) in 1903, and they were scheduled to play Texas in College Station on April 24th and 25th. I think the 1902 heading where the schedule is listed in the yearbook is a typo. I was not able to find a box score; The Daily Texan archives requires a $20 subscription to view, and the Cactus yearbook archives only go back to 1920.

1907 - These games did take place and unfortunately, the Aggies did lose both games. The Battalion includes write-ups and box scores for both in the May 15, 1907 issue.

1948 - This game did take place, and despite the efforts of Stan Hollmig the Aggies lost 3-2. The Battalion includes a write-up but not a box score in the May 17, 1948 issue.

If I was you, I'd stop digging and accept what the Horns say, little brother.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ztejas said:

aggy is going to be in shambles watching Tech play for a national title 

This:

NIT National Champion:                        Texas     check

NCAA Women's National Champion:    Baylor   check

NCAA  Men's National Champion:         Tech      ?

Big12 and the state of TEXAS could own the whole enchilada this year!

Top 5 Myths that Aggy fans believe as the word of God from the Aggy Ministry of Information without checking facts...because cult gonna cult 

1. Aggy has more money than Texas

2. Aggy has the best engineering school in Texas. 

3. Aggy were legendary soldiers in WW2. Patton said so

4. Aggy was the first University created in Texas. 

5. Loochi is straight 

The list goes on and on