• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

18 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Baseball, that is, from secrant:

I noticed from the press releases from both 12thman.com and the Longhorn website that there is a discrepancy in the all-time head-to-head record. Texas listed it as 244-126-1 and A&M had it at 239-126-1. I compared the media guides for the both the Aggies and Longhorns and found that Texas has the following additional wins listed:

April 24, 1903 - Texas 6, A&M 2 in College Station
April 25, 1903 - Texas 7, A&M 1 in College Station
May 11, 1907 - Texas 7, A&M 3 at Austin
May 11, 1907 - Texas 2, A&M 1 at Austin
May 15, 1948 - Texas 3, A&M 2 at Austin 

I did some digging and found the following:

1903 - A&M does not list the Aggies as fielding a team in 1903. The original team played in 1894, and then according to the media guide, the Aggies did not have a team until 1904. According to the 1903 Longhorn (http://bookreader.library.tamu.edu/book.php?id=yb1903&getbook=Go#page/n119/mode/2up), there was a team (official or club team I do not know) in 1903, and they were scheduled to play Texas in College Station on April 24th and 25th. I think the 1902 heading where the schedule is listed in the yearbook is a typo. I was not able to find a box score; The Daily Texan archives requires a $20 subscription to view, and the Cactus yearbook archives only go back to 1920.

Well, the Bryan Morning Eagle of 4/26/1903 says the score was 8-1, so I say we go with that.

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn86088652/1903-04-26/ed-1/seq-3/

• Like 1

if we say it's 244-126-1, our winning % is .659 (244.5 divided by 371, with the tie being counted as half a win as I've seen it done for calculation purposes)

if we say it's 239-126-1, it's .654 (239.5 / 366)

so we're talking about a whole half a percentage point in A&M's favor in their best-case scenario

typical stupid Aggie shit

if we say it's 244-126-1, our winning % is .659 (244.5 divided by 371, with the tie being counted as half a win as I've seen it done for calculation purposes)
if we say it's 239-126-1, it's .654 (239.5 / 366)
so we're talking about a whole half a percentage point in A&M's favor in their best-case scenario
typical stupid Aggie shit
NMSU FUCK YEAH!

1:27:50 - 1:28:50 Gabe Bock goes on and on about Acie Law, how he hit what he keeps referring to "The Shot" (guess against who), and how he was the basketball Johnny Manziel... 

1:29:50 -  1:33:30 Looch says this Texas Tech basketball team reminds him of the aggy team from 2007, in that they would have gone to the national championship game - if not for losing to Calipari's Memphis in the sweet 16. Also would have gone to the national championship game last year - if they hadn't lost by 30 to Michigan. And all this leads to how this reminds him of Jimbo and Buzz and how they are about to start rolling out the championships. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/XT1RthSFVtw/0115775-omcw.mp3

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Johnny football was on Dan Patrick this morning and he started the interview by telling Dan, “I actually go by John now”. DP kinda laughed and said “uhhh. Ok, John”. It was impossibly douchy

Kinda like how his attorney started addressing him as 'Jonathan' a couple of years back. 

57 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

1:29:50 -  1:33:30 Looch says this Texas Tech basketball team reminds him of the aggy team from 2007, in that they would have gone to the national championship game - if not for losing to Calipari's Memphis in the sweet 16.

I would have gone on the PGA if I had more talent. 

If by some direct intervention by God,  they had played and lost to AL in a national championship game that included an untimely loss of their star qb -  Would they ever not mentioned it in every discussion, message board, t-shirt and barn painting?   Look we were all disappointed,  but we don't talk about it as some mythical championship or complain that we were robbed by Jesus, Officials, Mascot's mood,  laws of nature, black holes and/or political gerrymandering from our due victory.  

1 minute ago, TheAuditor said:

Look we were all disappointed,  but we don't talk about it as some mythical championship or complain that we were robbed by Jesus, Officials, Mascot's mood,  laws of nature, black holes and/or political gerrymandering from our due victory.  

I don't know, man, I'm pretty sure some of those suburban congressional district maps had something to do with Colt's injury.

3 hours ago, TheAuditor said:

If by some direct intervention by God,  they had played and lost to AL in a national championship game that included an untimely loss of their star only qb -  Would they ever not mentioned it in every discussion, message board, t-shirt and barn painting?   Look we were all disappointed,  but we don't talk about it as some mythical championship or complain that we were robbed by Jesus, Officials, Mascot's mood,  laws of nature, black holes and/or political gerrymandering from our due victory.  

For accuracy's sake.

I ran across this randomly earlier. Doesn't exactly bolster the aggy claims of richest ever.

Sandridge added that the university has plenty of debt capacity and would not be jeopardizing its Triple-A bond rating, which allows the university to borrow with the best possible conditions and terms. Only two public universities have a Triple-A rating from all three major credit-rating agencies -- U.Va. and the University of Texas at Austin.

https://archive.is/20090414043326/http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/UVAA04_20090403-223316/248738/#selection-667.0-667.346

I was hoping Texas Tech got close to experiencing this feeling (i.e. this was greater than the baseball championships):

05football.583.jpg

but they got to experience:

mccoy-600x0-c-default.jpg

The only good thing is Aggy's alive today have never come close to experiencing either but the will talk shit tonight like the idiots they are known to be.

• Haha 1