• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

they are saying the spring game has been moved because of the forecast calling for storms early Saturday. So instead of moving it back a few hours they are moving it to an entirely different day...seems kind of strange, i wonder why that is...and the game is now free instead of $10 a ticket. also strange...   

On 4/9/2019 at 12:41 AM, Vic Mackey said:

I don't even see why UT fans would even give a shit about this poll. Jimbo won a title at another program, not Aggy. And it was 5 or 6 years ago. Herman just led UT to a Sugar Bowl win. And had a better season than Aggy. Typical Aggy, piggybacking off another team's success.

aggy, aggy and aggy

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How many National Championships has aggy won in football? 

They claim three, the last of which came in 1939.  Two of the three claims are dubious because they're based on ranking systems created decades after the fact.  

http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Kyle_Field#Fake_Football_Championships

So basically the answer is one, and that particular championship came when FDR was still in office.

23 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

They claim three, the last of which came in 1939.  Two of the three claims are dubious because they're based on ranking systems created decades after the fact.  

http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Kyle_Field#Fake_Football_Championships

So basically the answer is one, and that particular championship came when FDR was still in office.

I like the Randolph Duke answer better

Here aggy, put this in your hall of champs:

Largest blown leads by each SEC school over the last decade 

Texas A&M: 34 (2017 vs UCLA) 
Kentucky: 25 (2016 vs Southern Miss) 
Ole Miss: 24 (2017 vs Arkansas) 
Arkansas: 24 (2016 vs Virginia Tech) 
Alabama: 24 (2010 vs Auburn) 
Florida: 21 (2016 vs Tennessee) 
Georgia: 21 (2015 vs Tennessee) 
Auburn: 20 (2017 vs LSU) 
Vanderbilt: 18 (2018 vs Florida) 
South Carolina: 18 (2010 vs Kentucky) 
Tennessee: 17 (2015 vs Oklahoma) 
Missouri: 17 (2013 vs South Carolina) 
LSU: 16 (2008 vs Arkansas) 

Extra notes 
-Ole Miss has blown 4 21-point leads in the last decade. 

-Arkansas has blown 7 17-point leads in the last decade. 

Well aggy, you are #1!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

They’re not dubious, they’re complete bullshit. They have won one single national championship. 

• Like 2

Which 1939 team would you give the national title to? (regular season stats only, how the AP did it in 1939)

Team A (10-0), combined opponent record:  38-47-5 (.450 win%), didn't allow a single regular season point scored, beat no team that finished ranked in the AP. 

Team B (10-0), combined opponent record: 38-43-8 (.472 win %), beat one team that finished ranked in the AP who had a 5-1-3 record.

Team C (8-0), combined opponent record: 34-23-8 (.585 win %), beat eventual Big Ten Champion who had a 6-2 final record.

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

General Patton said so.

Wasn’t Patton’s quote something like, “Give me any other schools team and I will win a national championship.  Give me an Aggy team and 70 years after the fact I will win them all!”

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Wasn’t Patton’s quote something like, “Give me any other schools team and I will win a national championship.  Give me an Aggy team and 70 years after the fact I will win them all!”

General Patton faced the Wehrmacht and the Waffen SS. But he never took on several mini-Ditkas.

Must be an SEC thing.  Tennessee started claiming past championshipa as well.  They had one in '51 (I think) and '98.  In 20 years in Knoxville, I had NEVER heard otherwise.  Not from a fan, sports guy, player, etc.. Two years ago, my wife and I go to their Spring Game and, what do you know?  They had like 8 championship years ringing the stadium - including a couple that weren't even given at the time.  I.E. from some no-name news organization.  IIRC, some statistician went back and reseeded seasons from the past century and "gave" some teams a MNC in retro, so TN claimed them.

1 hour ago, coachkiss said:

1c11dd9d80ce83cf3059316394624a38.jpg
Seen in the wild in Van Alstyne, Texas.

Redneck truck with aggy/SEC/Texags stickers. There will be a bidding war in those parts. The suggestion I would have for the person selling the truck is to stick a rebel flag sticker on there also. Would probably get more than a 7 series BMW.

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Must be an SEC thing.  Tennessee started claiming past championshipa as well.  They had one in '51 (I think) and '98.  In 20 years in Knoxville, I had NEVER heard otherwise.  Not from a fan, sports guy, player, etc.. Two years ago, my wife and I go to their Spring Game and, what do you know?  They had like 8 championship years ringing the stadium - including a couple that weren't even given at the time.  I.E. from some no-name news organization.  IIRC, some statistician went back and reseeded seasons from the past century and "gave" some teams a MNC in retro, so TN claimed them.

That's exactly how Bama gets to 17 or however many they claim now.

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Oh my ...

With such a tough schedule, could A&M have a better team than 2018 but still have an equal or worse record? What's one game you think the Aggies could "steal?"

Liucci: Without question. In theory, the Aggies could be the nation's 10th best football team (better than last fall) and play four teams ranked higher than that, including three of the top four in the preseason polls. 

If there's one game the Aggies could 'steal' out of the big three, it might just be Alabama. The game will be played at Kyle Field, where A&M took down LSU and played national champion Clemson to the final snap in Fisher's first season. And the Tide suffered heavy personnel losses on defense (even heavier than usual). 

Another Kyle Field shootout between the Aggies and a national title contender in front of the 12th Man with Kellen Mond outdueling Heisman favorite Tua Tagovailoa? Now that would be one heck of a 'steal' for the Maroon & White, wouldn't it?