• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Their OL is going to be a problem. Their DE, LB, and DBs will also be a problem.

Mond is Mond. Decent. Calzone looks okay. Big arm, sometimes accurate. Cupp looks good for a true freshman. 

RBs are not Trayveon Williams good

giphy.gif

aggy football.....

Meh, they will still win 8 games. Mond is an okay QB. He will throw a pick but he will also throw some TDs. Their RBs are not great but play in a very friendly scheme. Their TE are okay. Their WR are fine. They should be fine on offense unless their OL is that limiting. Their defense will be about the same as last year. Their run defense will be good but if they face a decent passing game (they don’t often), they will get abused. I will be curious how big a liability their corners and LBs will be. I couldn’t tell since the starters were split between both teams but their tackling in space by CB and LB was not good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Meh, they will still win 8 games. Mond is an okay QB. He will throw a pick but he will also throw some TDs. Their RBs are not great but play in a very friendly scheme. Their TE are okay. Their WR are fine. They should be fine on offense unless their OL is that limiting. Their defense will be about the same as last year. Their run defense will be good but if they face a decent passing game (they don’t often), they will get abused. I will be curious how big a liability their corners and LBs will be. I couldn’t tell since the starters were split between both teams but their tackling in space by CB and LB was not good. 

Yeah, the SEC West is going to take a step back next year with Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and Auburn losing their QBs. They do exchange a home game against offensive inept Kentucky to an away game against the 2nd best team in the SEC.

USCe and Auburn will determine whether it's a meh season or a really bad season.

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I think they’re considerably worse than last year. They lost a lot of talent and don’t have much to replace it with, but the winnable games on their schedule also gets easier because a lot of the SEC West is worse.  That said, I expect 7-5 but it’s pretty much either that or 8-4 unless Mond gets hurt.

23 minutes ago, Deej said:

They are probably more likely this season to lose one they should win, than win one they shouldn't.

Jimbo Fisher is always good for losing to at least one team he shouldn't. See his FSU tenure for prime examples.

8 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Shame...used to be the best sports section in the country. 

Correct. Way back in the day when the Times Herald was alive, I'd read both. What late scores and tidbits the dmn missed the Times Herald would come through on. Probably the Two best sports sections.

Yeah, that regular season schedule looks like a floor of 6 wins and a ceiling of 8 wins, assuming no big injuries or bullshit officiating (see 74-72).

5 of those teams are shit (Texas St, Lamar, UTSA, Arky, Ole Miss).  If they lose any of those, that's trouble.  Anything less than 20+ point wins against those tomato cans should be disappointing for them.

3 of those games are toss ups (Auburn, South Carolina, Miss St).  All those teams were unimpressive last year, and aggy gets them all at home.  As mediocre as aggy is, they really should be favored in all of those.  

If they somehow manage to win any of the rest of their games (Clemson, Bama, UGA, LSU), they should consider this season a huge success.  

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So Mississippi State ( again ) or at Ole Miss.

Or Auburn but not Ole Miss.

Miss St. and Auburn are pretty huge unknowns at this point, due to the QB position.  I doubt they lose to Ole Miss. that program is going to be pretty bad for the foreseeable future and they lose a lot of their best guys from their last really strong recruiting class, so the talent level is pretty damn low right now. 

Basically, there’s almost no way they go 8-0 against the non-elite teams, so if they steal one against the big 4, which is not that difficult really—If they even have a 10% chance against Bama, Clemson, 20% against UGA, and 35% against LUS, then we’re talking about a 75% chance they win 1 of the 4, then they go 7-1 against the other 8, that’s 8-4. If they go 6-2, the it’s 7-5. I guess if they lose all of the big 4, then they’re staring at a decent chance at 6-6, but it’s peobably only the third most likely option.

• Like 1

Not sure what will happen with them this year as the shine is coming off most of the sec west. However, watching that spring game was awful, I couldn’t make it through the second quarter, even for laughs.

The OL looked terrible, LB’s looked slow and couldn’t tackle, WR’s dropping easy balls, secondary lost, and Mond may be serviceable, but those other qb’s are shit.

19 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Not sure what will happen with them this year as the shine is coming off most of the sec west. However, watching that spring game was awful, I couldn’t make it through the second quarter, even for laughs.

The OL looked terrible, LB’s looked slow and couldn’t tackle, WR’s dropping easy balls, secondary lost, and Mond may be serviceable, but those other qb’s are shit.

OL depth must be pretty bad if two freshmen, Matthews and Clement are starting at center and left guard.

All they need to do is find a serviceable TE and the offense will work.

7 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Or Auburn but not Ole Miss.

Miss St. and Auburn are pretty huge unknowns at this point, due to the QB position.  I doubt they lose to Ole Miss. that program is going to be pretty bad for the foreseeable future and they lose a lot of their best guys from their last really strong recruiting class, so the talent level is pretty damn low right now. 

Basically, there’s almost no way they go 8-0 against the non-elite teams, so if they steal one against the big 4, which is not that difficult really—If they even have a 10% chance against Bama, Clemson, 20% against UGA, and 35% against LUS, then we’re talking about a 75% chance they win 1 of the 4, then they go 7-1 against the other 8, that’s 8-4. If they go 6-2, the it’s 7-5. I guess if they lose all of the big 4, then they’re staring at a decent chance at 6-6, but it’s peobably only the third most likely option.

Auburn QB's look pretty good so far in the spring game ( hell of a lot better than aggy QB group ).

They are going at a rapid pace, so guys like Bobby Brown are going to get winded pretty quick.

5 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Not sure what will happen with them this year as the shine is coming off most of the sec west. However, watching that spring game was awful, I couldn’t make it through the second quarter, even for laughs.  The OL looked terrible, LB’s looked slow and couldn’t tackle, WR’s dropping easy balls, secondary lost, and Mond may be serviceable, but those other qb’s are shit.

So......

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Y'all are insane if you think they are only getting 6 wins with their schedule. Imo they get 7 at a minimum, though they probably only have a ceiling of 9 in the regular season.

They'll do just enough to say, "Wait until next year."

14 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, the SEC West is going to take a step back next year with Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and Auburn losing their QBs. They do exchange a home game against offensive inept Kentucky to an away game against the 2nd best team in the SEC.

USCe and Auburn will determine whether it's a meh season or a really bad season.

While they should lose a G5 by law of averages, they are going to lose to pig at someday and that could be the (cow) tipping point.

I don't even think many Aggie fans followed this judging by the inadequate tv coverage 

THE Aggies had their spring game Wednesday March 20, 2019. Most of em if not all give no fucks about aggy football and the sec sec sec.

https://nmstatesports.com/news/2019/3/6/-nmstatefootball-set-for-spring-game.aspx

No need to trigger Phlegm

Them tv's all done run outta coal oil?

Pooooor aggggyyy

19 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Aggy is rebuilding from their almost 4th place finish last season, they will be lucky to be 6-6, 7-5 will be a great season for them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rabidhorn said:

Aggy is rebuilding from their almost 4th place finish last season, they will be lucky to be 6-6, 7-5 will be a great season for them.

I’ve read this same thing for years now. Their schedule gifts them 5 wins a year. If they play average in 3 others they’ll make it to 8. The league can barely complete a forward pass.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

I’ve read this same thing for years now. Their schedule gifts them 5 wins a year. If they play average in 3 others they’ll make it to 8. The league can barely complete a forward pass.

Lack of experienced talent will make even the gift wins harder than normal. I say 7-5 at best.