Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

7 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

What about UNC? Roy and Mack are by far the most accomplished combo in the Nation. 

You know, that's actually both a highly accurate statement, and a damning indictment of the criterion in question. Post the question to Pepperoni, though, and I assure you it will be ignored.

• Replies 72.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You know, that's actually both a highly accurate statement, and a damning indictment of the criterion in question. Post the question to Pepperoni, though, and I assure you it will be ignored.

3 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Kansas is very close with Lester and Self.

First off, it's a very silly ranking. Very few places have both great football and basketball programs. Florida has won football and basketball titles in the last 25 years. Can anybody else claim that? Auburn won a football title and is in this year's Final Four. Same for Ohio State. Oklahoma won football title in 2000, has been in the CFP and a Final Four or two. Michigan has won both but none since 1997. Oregon has been to a CFP title game and a Final Four. And having two "name" coaches or even coaches who have won NC's in their respective sports -- such as Lester at Kansas and Mack at UNC -- does not mean they'll be able to elevate their less-than-ideal current spots into elite status anytime (if ever) soon.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

Wait, what? From 2000 on the aggy haven't won a conference championship in Football finishing in the Top 10 once. In Basketball they won their conference once and appeared in 3 Sweet 16s. What kind of rankings are these?

Aggie rankings... where even they rank themselves as "#2"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Share that Big Dick Ag Energy.

I just wanted to type that out to see if it felt as creepy as it did reading it. And it felt way, way more creepy. 

Seriously. Fucking weird. 

At SMU we just  call it Moderately Sized Penile Hubris. 

44 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

is there a way to hand out a reporting of these coaching salaries to the members of the legislature who John Sharp won't leave alone? 

We gave him a blank check when we put him in charge of the Harvey relief money. Most of that money went to aggies who in turn made great donations to aggieland.

• Like 3

14:30 - 17:00 Looch peacocks about aggy beating Texas in baseball, how they got revenge from last year getting bounced out by Texas, because "whatever Clemens boy was there last year that's so classless that makes you want to wait outside the dugout to beat the crap out of him"(!?!). And how he's so glad aggy is gone from Texas and the Big 12 because, "They'll always talk crap, no matter if you beat them or not."(!!!!!!!!!!!) 

52:15 - 54:15 "aggy will win the national championship in 2020 or 2021, no matter if Nick Saban has it still going on or not."

This motherfucker truly is off his rocker. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0115457-robb.mp3

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2019 at 4:38 PM, Armybrat said:

Armybrat’s total tuition bill for the fall semester of 1962 was $100 (full load, blanket tax, and just for nothing fees). Books ran another $50-$60, which I thought was an outrageous scam. Gregory Gym was a bit warm, so afterwards I went up the street to Hilberg’s Cafe for a chicken fried steak lunch (side of mashed taters, house salad, and iced tea). 85 Cents.

pre-OUsux days. It was just “fuck OU” then.

Similar in fall of '65.  I didn't do any adds or drops, but didn't you have to go to the department office back then for adds and drops?

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

First off, it's a very silly ranking. Very few places have both great football and basketball programs. Florida has won football and basketball titles in the last 25 years. Can anybody else claim that? Auburn won a football title and is in this year's Final Four. Same for Ohio State. Oklahoma won football title in 2000, has been in the CFP and a Final Four or two. Michigan has won both but none since 1997. Oregon has been to a CFP title game and a Final Four. And having two "name" coaches or even coaches who have won NC's in their respective sports -- such as Lester at Kansas and Mack at UNC -- does not mean they'll be able to elevate their less-than-ideal current spots into elite status anytime (if ever) soon.

But those schools are not elite in football.  One is in the ACC, the other in the BDF.  They don’t have a chance not being in the nation’s premier conference.  Texum is primed and ready to go.  The sleeping giant is about to awaken (after 80 years, is it sleep or a coma?).😉

6 hours ago, TexasMan said:

14:30 - 17:00 Looch peacocks about aggy beating Texas in baseball, how they got revenge from last year getting bounced out by Texas, because "whatever Clemens boy was there last year that's so classless that makes you want to wait outside the dugout to beat the crap out of him"(!?!). And how he's so glad aggy is gone from Texas and the Big 12 because, "They'll always talk crap, no matter if you beat them or not."(!!!!!!!!!!!) 

52:15 - 54:15 "aggy will win the national championship in 2020 or 2021, no matter if Nick Saban has it still going on or not."

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0115457-robb.mp3

aggy beat Texas last year in a midweek game  and then they were bounced when it mattered. Peak aggy getting excited over a midweek win. Do these idiots ever learn that all this talk means absolutely nothing until they win when it matters? 

Never have I seen a school talk about titles like A&M when they have fewer than UH and UTEP and haven't won a title that matters since 1939. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Never have I seen a school talk about titles like A&M when they have fewer than UH and UTEP and haven't won a title that matters since 1939. 

UH and UTEPs championships are in the past, while A&Ms are always in the future.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Lol isn't this one day after jimbo said they were far away from being championship caliber (or something to that effect)?

jimbo gonna have a hell of a time tempering expectations. 

14 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Lol isn't this one day after jimbo said they were far away from being championship caliber (or something to that effect)?

25 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

They have never tempered expectations, hence the rollercoaster. Turdition!

11 hours ago, abuelo gringo said:

Similar in fall of '65.  I didn't do any adds or drops, but didn't you have to go to the department office back then for adds and drops?

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I don’t recall, but it would seem so. 

Which "fall of '65" are y'all talking about? Us younger folk need more context.

When it comes to football, the frustrating part of living amongst aggy for me is the "running their mouth" season is a long nine to nine and a half months and the "put up or shut up" season is a very short two and a half to three months long.

9 minutes ago, sdm said:

When it comes to football, the frustrating part of living amongst aggy for me is the "running their mouth" season is a long nine to nine and a half months and the "put up or shut up" season is a very short two and a half to three months long.

you don't know the same aggy i know. this is not a term they are familiar with

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sdm said:

Here is the secret: what actually happens matters not at all. A&M fans are never discouraged by bad results, beating them never shuts them up. So if you are waiting around for them to be put in their place you will be waiting so long as people still play the game of football. The best you will ever get is their misery during the actual game or the short period of time the national media notices they failed again. But this will be very short and they will be back to strutting and bragging and proclaiming the eternal future glory of A&M very quickly.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Here is the secret: what actually happens matters not at all. A&M fans are never discouraged by bad results, beating them never shuts them up. So if you are waiting around for them to be put in their place you will be waiting so long as people still play the game of football. The best you will ever get is their misery during the actual game or the short period of time the national media notices they failed again. But this will be very short and they will be back to strutting and bragging and proclaiming the eternal future glory of A&M very quickly.

Truth.  They are the Undisputed Champions of the Future and of Internet Polls.

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

This probably deserves its own entry in aggypedia.

It's also the reason why I get glassy-eyed tired of the stupidity when I hear people say they want to play aggy again in football. There is no reason, but "to shut them up" is frequently a cited reason, and it just makes me stabby to hear because, as we all know, they will never shut up. Ever. No matter how obvious it is to everyone but them that they should.

• Like 3