Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

41 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

You are correct.  If you are an out of towner going to Colorado to play the Buffs, you want to go to Boulder because it give your fan base a chance to only be a few minutes from the Front Range for one.    In Denver it's still a little more distance to get to Front Range.

I'm under the assumption that Aggy would get scared of all the boulder hippies and funny smelling air.  

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Below is attached a ruling in the aggy "12th Man" copyright infringement case.

Basically, a writer from Alabama wrote a draft of a book about E. King Gill (aggy's '12th man"). He sent a copy of the draft to A&M for their comments. They filed the draft away.

When the Wall St. Journal article based on my 12th Man debunk was published just before the 2014 Super Bowl, aggy freaked out. To "defend" their fraudulently derived trademark, they took the guy's draft from the file cabinet, removed the copyright info, and emailed it out to their alumni as a work the school produced and that the school owned the copyright on.

The writer sues. aggy claims sovereign immunity. The shithead in the aggy athletics department who stupidly busted the writer's copyright is Brad Marquardt. He is the subject of the order below. The writer is at the 5th Circuit on the question of bringing aggy back into the lawsuit, subject to the DMCA. That opening brief is attached below.

Depos in the underlying case in March. Unless they are sealed (they shouldn't be), I will post them here when I get them.

Grab your popcorn. The descendants of Klan 48, Realm of Texas, may be slowly losing their grip on a lawsuit that could really turn interesting.

Bynam aggy frivilous.pdf Bynam Opening Appeal Brief.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 6

Bama needs to go down so the myth can die along with them, you really can’t discern a lot from the OOC schedule with 1/4 of their schedule loaded with Mercers and Kent Sts.

the one game they all play consists of UT, Miami, Pedo, Clemson 2x, FSU, Stanford, UCLA, NC St, Colorado, BC, Pitt, and Louisville x2

1 B1G, 1 B12, 3 PAC, and 9 ACC

So we will have a fair idea of how the SEC stacks up against the shitty ACC plus Clemson, and that the PAC still sucks.  

On 1/28/2021 at 8:15 AM, jeevsie said:

Mercer and PVAMU have to be the worst.  And you know Miss St was watching Liberty last year saying, "Oh, great - there goes that cupcake!"

UGa plays Charleston Southern or some shit...

On 1/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, SHOOTER12 said:

I had not seen the bolded previously.  My God those people are beyond stupid.  They deserve to have their racist asses put on blast as never before.

Makes you wonder how “woke” their black players are. Guess the money really talks.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

What’s going on there?

Well they got 12 top 250 players to our 2 for this cycle.  

And while it looks like they’ve slowed just a slight bit with ‘22 since I typed that, they’ve landed the #1 TE, and a few other actual studs. There was a group of 2-3 that were supposed to drop but have since cooled (great for Sark).  But they have a very strong start to ‘22. 

ie: they get plenty of stud AA players and somehow don’t have issues with Sully (since last year anyhow) 

Edited by fattyflattie

On 1/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

They play a weak sauce schedule in 2021, so they might have a shot to duplicate their record from this year at least from the conference part of it.

2021 is going to be their next best shot to end the regular season a one loss team.   South Carolina and Auburn are in Collie Station and  have coaching changes, so aggy should be favorites but there is outside shot one of them might pull an upset since both games are in the later half of the season..    Ole Miss and Miss State will be better, but I might go as far to say one of those could be an upset, but aggy will be a favorite.   Who in the heck knows what direction LSU goes after the season they had this last season?  But they could be much better and if so and since that game is at Baton Rouge, that might loss #2  because they should lose to Bama..   Arkansas will continue to suck and Missouri is Missouri, so I'll give aggy the W's there and include their four cupcakes for the at least a guarantee of six wins.    So they got their six wins and invite to the Capital One Bowl or Belk Bowl for sure.

Don't forget the complication of Jimbo's 1980's offense. You are requiring inexperienced QB's to be able to get to their third or fourth read with an inexperienced OL. They don't have a Jameis Winston on the roster, or lined up as a recruit. Jimbo's offense is only good with a QB that is probably the #1 or #2 Prostyle QB in the nation. Will they get that in the next few years? Maybe, but by then they will have lost recruiting momentum. They may get back to the "wrecking crew" days of winning a bunch of games 14-10, but college football is geared much more towards benefiting the offense than it was in the 80's and early 90's. I think they are currently a "flash in the pan". Yes, they ended up fourth in the nation, but if I were recruiting against them, I would definitely point out that their best year was in the COVID year, and their winning record was compiled against teams with a losing record. A broken clock is right twice a day. You are seeing the pinnacle of aggy football in our lifetimes.

CHIEF

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 6:10 AM, Deej said:

Why would it need to be addressed? White supremacy is the reason he is celebrated and honored, and is the underlying goal of the university. Why restate the obvious?

On 1/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, SHOOTER12 said:

I had not seen the bolded previously.  My God those people are beyond stupid.  They deserve to have their racist asses put on blast as never before.

Everyone that recruits against them will remind every high school player of this.

• Hook 'Em 1

I finally received aggy's 2020 athletics dept financials. I'm working on a longer piece that details the effects of Covid on college athletics that will go into the report in detail.

aggy finally dropped their out-sized phantom "revenue" associated with their capital projects. Their debt is still in the stratosphere (over $300 mil), but they refinanced it last summer, to extending the final debt maturities out another seven years, and locking in a lower rate helped with their annual debt service.

Jimbo's total salary and benefits were a whopping $8.9 mil.

Much more to follow

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’m enjoying the fact that aggy thinks Jimbo Fisher is a good coach that will lead them to the promised land now. This should be fun

My question while analyzing the aggy financial reports is whether aggy's white supremacist problem has gone completely out of control.

Are the aggy white supremacists crippling the football program via their refusal to donate until the future existence of their Sul Ross white supremacist shrine is guaranteed such that Jimbo has no chance whatsoever of succeeding at A&M?

Yes, A&M has seen a major reduction in contributions. Easily the highest of any program I have looked at.

My belief is that the end of their facilities capital campaign has their overall revenues falling back to historical norms.

The alternative explanation is that aggy is dripping in wealth and the anger of the aggy white supremacists over the prospect of their shrine to "the lying four-flusher" aka "the gallant Texas negro killer" might be relegated to the same fate as their "tradition" of promoting Klan rallies during home football games (the ash heap of history) has their racist anger inflamed to the point they will so hinder Jimbo that he can never be successful at A&M. An example - they aggys can only to afford to spend about 50 cents on the dollar of what Alabama spends on recruiting. Spending 50 cents on the dollar as compared to a division rival will make recruiting against that division rival difficult, to say the least. What is more important to the aggys, defending their on-campus shrine to white supremacy, or defeating Alabama in football?

Stay tuned. I'm working on the longform piece on my analysis of the financial reports of the various programs.

I'm still working on the rough draft, but I think its safe to say the white supremacists aren't going to be pleased.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

My question while analyzing the aggy financial reports is whether aggy's white supremacist problem has gone completely out of control.

Are the aggy white supremacists crippling the football program via their refusal to donate until the future existence of their Sul Ross white supremacist shrine is guaranteed such that Jimbo has no chance whatsoever of succeeding at A&M?

Yes, A&M has seen a major reduction in contributions. Easily the highest of any program I have looked at.

My belief is that the end of their facilities capital campaign has their overall revenues falling back to historical norms.

The alternative explanation is that aggy is dripping in wealth and the anger of the aggy white supremacists over the prospect of their shrine to "the lying four-flusher" aka "the gallant Texas negro killer" might be relegated to the same fate as their "tradition" of promoting Klan rallies during home football games (the ash heap of history) has their racist anger inflamed to the point they will so hinder Jimbo that he can never be successful at A&M. An example - they aggys can only to afford to spend about 50 cents on the dollar of what Alabama spends on recruiting. Spending 50 cents on the dollar as compared to a division rival will make recruiting against that division rival difficult, to say the least. What is more important to the aggys, defending their on-campus shrine to white supremacy, or defeating Alabama in football?

Stay tuned. I'm working on the longform piece on my analysis of the financial reports of the various programs.

I'm still working on the rough draft, but I think its safe to say the white supremacists aren't going to be pleased.

n0gblrn1gre61.jpg

On 1/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

I also saw on the SEC master schedule, Vandy is going to play CSU in Colorado Springs.     Where would the play that one at in  Colorado Springs?   The Air Force academy?   Umm I think the SEC schedule designer  is a tad off on their locations of Colorado schools..   You are correct.  If you are an out of towner going to Colorado to play the Buffs, you want to go to Boulder because it give your fan base a chance to only be a few minutes from the Front Range for one.    In Denver it's still a little more distance to get to Front Range.

FYI - Denver the Front Range.  From Fort Collins to Colorado Springs is the Front Range.  I think you might be meaning the Foothills.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I realize the name is not popular here in surly, but it looks like an idiot politician in San Antonio wants to fuck over the university itself

https://www.cbs7.com/2021/02/01/state-senator-files-bill-to-move-sul-ross-state-university-to-texas-am-university-system/

no matter what you think of the name the students and citizens of west Texas do not deserve to get fucked like this

also from the bit I have read apparently neither administration of Sul Ross or aggy really knew anything about this

Sul Ross has been languishing in the Texas State System, but the university would be better in the Texas Tech System by a million miles and they would get treated well instead of being fucked over and turned into a Juco feeder or a Blinn Of The West

I would encourage people to call this senator and explain to him all the ways the aggy system has fucked over system schools and how they ignore them and hold them back and how unhappy their system members have been over time.....much less the poor growth of many of their system schools for decades and the poor endowments many of them have because the system does nothing to help elevate them they only use them as system expense contributors and feeders to college station

the massive amount of waste and stupidity by not-so-sharp in his quest to pump up college station is reason enough to be against this, but then there is the lack of communication and the poor treatment of other system schools and the lack of growth while college station turns into a 70,000 student shit hole of meh

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I realize the name is not popular here in surly, but it looks like an idiot politician in San Antonio wants to fuck over the university itself

https://www.cbs7.com/2021/02/01/state-senator-files-bill-to-move-sul-ross-state-university-to-texas-am-university-system/

no matter what you think of the name the students and citizens of west Texas do not deserve to get fucked like this

also from the bit I have read apparently neither administration of Sul Ross or aggy really knew anything about this

Sul Ross has been languishing in the Texas State System, but the university would be better in the Texas Tech System by a million miles and they would get treated well instead of being fucked over and turned into a Juco feeder or a Blinn Of The West

I would encourage people to call this senator and explain to him all the ways the aggy system has fucked over system schools and how they ignore them and hold them back and how unhappy their system members have been over time.....much less the poor growth of many of their system schools for decades and the poor endowments many of them have because the system does nothing to help elevate them they only use them as system expense contributors and feeders to college station

the massive amount of waste and stupidity by not-so-sharp in his quest to pump up college station is reason enough to be against this, but then there is the lack of communication and the poor treatment of other system schools and the lack of growth while college station turns into a 70,000 student shit hole of meh

@RandoIph Duke going to show up like

giphy-18.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

Let the students at Prairie View vote on whether to move the school named after "the gallant Texas negro killer" into the A&M system. They have some knowledge of the experience.

Personally, I believe if the legislature is intent on having a public university system dedicated to perpetuating white supremacy, having the public university named after a virulent white supremacist in that university system makes sense.

it's truly amazing that so many black athletes go to aggy in light of what their fanbase thinks of them.

this post in their "Politics" board had 151 upvotes:

Racial Equiity

7,211 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by TxTarpon
This push by this dog**** administration is such a ****ing joke. Equity will never be achieved. Ever. People aren't equal. Cultures aren't equal. Asians and Indians are so successful in this country because their primary cultural emphasis- hard work - is what this country was founded upon. Black people are the least successful group in this country because their culture is broken.
There's no admission of their accountability for their own failures. It's all about catering to an easy sell of victimhood that allows them to point fingers at everyone else.

Those of you that voted for this stupid bull**** deserve every bit of pain you're going to experience.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3179887/1

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

it's truly amazing that so many black athletes go to aggy in light of what their fanbase thinks of them.

Racial Equiity

This push by this dog**** administration is such a ****ing joke. Equity will never be achieved. Ever. People aren't equal. Cultures aren't equal. Asians and Indians are so successful in this country because their primary cultural emphasis- hard work - is what this country was founded upon. Black people are the least successful group in this country because their culture is broken.
There's no admission of their accountability for their own failures. It's all about catering to an easy sell of victimhood that allows them to point fingers at everyone else.

Those of you that voted for this stupid bull**** deserve every bit of pain you're going to experience.

Do you even SEC, bro?

20 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Racial Equiity

First of all, full disclosure, I couldn't read the entire thread as for some reason I came down with a nauseous headache.

Just when I think it is absolutely, theoretically impossible for aggy to out aggy themselves, they raise (lower?) the bar again.  There's got to be something wrong with those people that science/medical/genetic experts haven't discovered yet.

20 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Racial Equiity

Damn. Those people are complete trash.

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

Damn. Those people are complete trash.

People do not understand the realities of aggy culture. The first person chosen to be their school president was Jefferson Davis. In the Sul Ross era, professors on campus openly lectured the students about “the abomination of African citizenship.” In the E King Gill era they openly promoted upcoming local Klan rallies over the public address system during home football games. In the immediate aftermath of the Supreme Court verdict in Brown v Board, the aggy students held a campus wide referendum that overwhelmingly asserted they would not respect the Court’s decision. To this day they still refuse to admit Black students in reasonable numbers.

Go to aggypedia and read my piece on Sul Ross. He was a complete piece of shit as a human being and virulent white supremacist who murdered Blacks just because (by his own daughter’s words) he wanted to establish the supremacy of the white man. He died from eating a biscuit made with flour laced with rat poison. I like to think the cook was a Black man who poisoned Ross intentionally. 

This is the elemental foundation of aggy culture. It is who they are. One cannot be an aggy and not be a racist because all of what I have just said, and much more, has to be repudiated and one cannot be an aggy and repudiate massive amounts of their school’s history and culture. There is no room in aggy culture for those who are not avowed bigots.  

Edited by Randolph Duke

On Dallas sports radio (105.3) Eric Dickerson was being interviewed. One of the guys brought up Dickerson’s having been recruited by aggy. They asked him why he didn’t commit to aggy. 

He said two reasons- he hated the horribly ugly aggy uniforms and he wanted nothing to do with a school that had guys as cheerleaders. 

So there you have it. Dickerson may well have been an aggy if not for aggy turditions. 

It was a funny segment. Laughing at how stupid the milkmen are. 

7 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Fuck that. Post whatever you want, it is the entire point of this excercise. I can easily scroll past it.

Get your popcorn ready. It’s in the works.

Based on the first draft, it looks like yet another year John Sharp isn’t going to be sending me a Christmas card. 

I am going through the latest NCAA Membership Financial Reporting System reports, collecting my thoughts for a longform piece I will eventually get written. This report contains a lot of interesting data. One reporting category is "Institutional Endowment."

Having aggy's 2020 NCAA financial report allows me to update the aggypedia.com page as to A&M's true endowment, both alumni and publicly funded. Remember, aggys is a school that publicly boats of being "The Wealthiest Public University in the Nation."

The NCAA report is subject to auditor review, so the numbers posted have some rather close relationship to the actual numbers. The procedures regarding how the reports are promulgated can be found here: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/ncaa/finance/2020NCAAFIN_AgreedUponProcedures.pdf

Among the list of schools whose reports I have is also Texas Tech. After I looked up Texas A&M College Station's institutional endowment, I looked up Texas Tech University's institutional endowment. In each report, the figure is "Data Category 55."

Remember, these numbers are reported by the schools themselves, subject to their auditor's review, and are expected to be a close approximation, if not the actual total as of the reporting date.

Attached are the endowment figures, represented by each institution as being true and correct.

Any of you aggys care to try to explain? (Don't bother, I already know the truth).

If we accept their $13 billion figure as their total endowment (both "former student"-funded and PUF funded), the "former student"-funded portion of the A&M endowment is barely 3% of the total endowment they claim.

Texas A&M wouldn't exist today if they hadn't insisted on being created as a branch of The University of Texas. Which is why the aggys will never risk terminating their constitutional status as a branch of The University of Texas.

The truth is the "former student"-funded endowment of Texas A&M is one the smallest of any major university in the nation, despite A&M having one of the largest "former student" contingents of any university in the nation.

aggys simply don't donate to fund their school's endowment. And they never have. Since 1876, they have overwhelmingly depended on their status as a branch of The University of Texas to fund their school's growth and to maintain their status as the state's de facto trade school. Yet they mock institutions such as Texas Tech.

Tech: aggy endowment figures.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

Also, the ags are crowing about a tweet sent out today about the combined research dollars of UT Austin and TAMU College Station and the impact of those research dollars on the Texas economy.

$2 Billion. That's a damned impressive number.

Hats off to Texas A&M for their contributions to this effort.

Anyone care to guess what A&M's contribution to that $2 Billion number was?

aggy research combined.jpeg

Let's just jump to the numbers and find out just how much "aggy research" contributes to the Texas economy.

In all fairness, I will use the 2019 numbers, since 2020 was unquestionably negatively affected by the "China flu" (as I believe the rednecks call it).

In FY 2019, the entire TAMU System (both state agency and academic institutions) generated $855.5 million in research activity, so the Texas A&M System contribution to that combined $2B total is well under 50%.

But wait, there's more!

Posted also is the breakdown of research dollars for the academic side of the TAMU System and for the far larger State Agency side of the TAMU System that has absolutely nothing to do with academia. Here we see that of that $855.5 million in research for the state agency side and academic side combined, only about $332.7 million of research can be attributed to the academic side of the entire TAMU System.

Again, the $332.7 million number isn't the total research expenditures of Texas A&M College Station, it is the actual total of academic research dollars for the entire TAMU System. 

So, while I'm not sure of the actual breakdown of the overall numbers, we do know:

1) As of the end of FY2019, the entire TAMU System contributed $332.7 million to the Texas economy through academic research activity.

2) Not all of that total can be attributed to Texas A&M College Station. (I know the actual breakdown, I'm not posting it here because I don't wamt it to seem as if I'm piling on.)

3) The combined total of all research dollars pumped into the Texas economy by both Texas A&M College Station and The University of Texas at Austin was in excess of $2 Billion.

How much of that "over $2 Billion" can be attributed to Texas A&M College Station, "the state's other flagship university™"?

16%?

lol.

A&M 2020 budget update research public service budget.jpeg

aggy research breakdown.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

First of all, full disclosure, I couldn't read the entire thread as for some reason I came down with a nauseous headache.
Just when I think it is absolutely, theoretically impossible for aggy to out aggy themselves, they raise (lower?) the bar again.  There's got to be something wrong with those people that science/medical/genetic experts haven't discovered yet.
They mostly breed with each other...

At least those who take a break from their farm animal fetish.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Also, the ags are crowing about a tweet sent out today about the combined research dollars of UT Austin and TAMU College Station and the impact of those research dollars on the Texas economy.

$2 Billion. That's a damned impressive number.

Hats off to Texas A&M for their contributions to this effort.

Anyone care to guess what A&M's contribution to that $2 Billion number was?

aggy research combined.jpeg

Tom Brady and I have won a combined seven Lombardi Trophies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ousux said:

They mostly breed with each other...

At least those who take a break from their farm animal fetish.

Over there, it's "copulating," not "breeding."

Biology dictates the need for sperm and an egg to breed.

In general, just a shitload of sperm is considered "copulating."

In College Station, "just sperm" is usually called "tradition."

aggy diversity.jpg

• Haha 1