• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, El Squared said:

So things are determined, things are settled. So what happens now? What do we do? What do we think?

I guess we are supposed to wait for games and such, maybe opine about the spring game? This is scary. We haven’t had to do this for Some time....just wait for games and criticize later.. that seems strange. Is there hope or anything . Is it good is it bad? Yes I know there will always be pictures of girls with great features and such, but really what happens now?

I guess we get some work done? 

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Is aggy's $250M vaccine center doing a goddamn thing at the moment?

The aggy vaccine facility has performed to the level of expectations. 

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has approved the creation of a $91 million influenza-vaccine manufacturing facility in a joint venture between the Texas A&M University System and GlaxoSmithKline in what Chancellor John Sharp described Tuesday as “one of the most significant developments ever in the state of Texas.”

The facility will speed up the research, development and delivery of vaccines and therapeutics in cases of pandemics or other national emergencies.

The center would also supply preventive vaccine for pandemic influenza, and, once it’s up and running, will be able to supply 50 million vaccine doses within four months of receiving a strain of the flu, with initial doses ready in 12 weeks.

The facility will anchor the Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing in Bryan-College Station, establishing what Sharp characterized as “third coast biopharmaceuticals.” A&M is home to one of only three so-called CIADMS being created in the nation.

“It’s a game-changer not just for Texas but for folks everywhere,” Sharp said at a morning news conference with Gov. Rick Perry to announce the effort.

Perry said the center would bring more than $41 billion in in-state expenditures over the next 25 years and directly and indirectly create more than 6,800 jobs.

“More importantly there will be lives that will be saved around the world because of what is happening in the state of Texas,” said Perry.

https://www.statesman.com/article/20130326/NEWS/303269670

Edited by Randolph Duke

10 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Who else reads books about submarines?

He had a problem with sending dong shots 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fired-espn-sportscaster-sean-salisbury-yes-those-were-my-genitals-on-cellphone/#app

Former Viking Sean Salisbury has been fired from his radio gig in Dallas for allegedly sending unwanted sexy text messages to one of the station’s female employees.

This sexting incident marks a return to form for Salisbury, who had been quiet ever since being fired from ESPN for, among other things, showing women cell phone pictures of his penis.

Recently, America’s first center for treating internet addiction was opened.  Someone now needs to open a center for treating addiction to using one’s cell phone to ruin one’s career, and enroll Sean.  Before it’s too late.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Former Viking Sean Salisbury has been fired from his radio gig in Dallas for allegedly sending unwanted sexy text messages to one of the station’s female employees.

This sexting incident marks a return to form for Salisbury, who had been quiet ever since being fired from ESPN for, among other things, showing women cell phone pictures of his penis.

Recently, America’s first center for treating internet addiction was opened.  Someone now needs to open a center for treating addiction to using one’s cell phone to ruin one’s career, and enroll Sean.  Before it’s too late.  

Imagine the excitement in the aggy fake military fraternity dorm this morning. Not just dick pics of each other being passed around this semester.

In all seriousness, when you see a former member of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, remember to thank him for his service. They say "war is Hell." College Station, Texas is as close to Hell as I could imagine (assuming, of course, Hell has a running river of effluent through its on-campus golf course that those stupid fuckers still haven't figured out how to turn into an asset).

aggy_ralph.jpg

Help me, please.  I've been looking for a copy of a certain story; I've already googled it without success, so ..., I will turn to brighter minds.

I remember reading a story about Bowen "Bow Tie" Loftin after he witnessed yet another aggy loss to Texas.  During the serenade of "poor aggies" that filled the stadium, Loftin asked what we were saying.  When informed the crowd was saying "poor aggies", he spewed, "That's the last time they're going to say that."

You know the rest of the story.

Can anyone find that story?

Hook 'em!

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

so you think he's sexy? NTTAWWT

2 hours ago, PTINS said:

Help me, please.  I've been looking for a copy of a certain story; I've already googled it without success, so ..., I will turn to brighter minds.

I remember reading a story about Bowen "Bow Tie" Loftin after he witnessed yet another aggy loss to Texas.  During the serenade of "poor aggies" that filled the stadium, Loftin asked what we were saying.  When informed the crowd was saying "poor aggies", he spewed, "That's the last time they're going to say that."

Hook 'em!

Loftin was wrong. I have said it plenty of times since then.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Always bet on the person who has proven he can do the job and has something to prove the rest of the world.

A healthy dose of "fuck you" has a lot of value.

College football coaches are usually extremely egotistical people.

Not sure of the future, but I understand the hire. I don't think the aggys understand it. They are working on the "if he won a 'natty' somewhere else, he can do it here" school of thought. We will see which approach pays dividends.

The first D1 baseball ranking of the 2021 season is out. 

10 S!E!C! teams are ranked in the top 25. 

For 100 points, and a commemorative 2019 “Century of Excellence, 100th Anniversary Texas A&M Football National Champion” t-shirt, guess how many of those 10 S!E!C! teams are Texas A&M.

Get ready to hear very little of aggys supporting an aggy team. aggys are stuck (yet again) having to convince people rooting for a conference is more meaningful than rooting for one's alma mater.

https://d1baseball.com/top-stories/2021-d1baseball-preseason-top-25-rankings/

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The first D1 baseball ranking of the 2021 season is out. 

*10 S!E!C! teams are ranked in the top 25. 

For 100 points, and a commemorative 2019 “Century of Excellence, 100th Anniversary Texas A&M Football National Champion” t-shirt, guess how many of those *10 S!E!C! teams are Texas A&M.

Get ready to hear very little of aggys supporting an aggy team. aggys are stuck (yet again) having to convince people rooting for a conference is more meaningful than rooting for one's alma mater.

https://d1baseball.com/top-stories/2021-d1baseball-preseason-top-25-rankings/

The SEC also leads all conferences with nine of its 14

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/20/2021 at 9:12 AM, PTINS said:

Hook 'em!

That was Jackie Sherrill.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I'm sure the SEC SEC SEC will be glad to get back to their cupcake week(s) in November so they can pad their poll spots.

aggy playing Kent State, New Mexico, and PVAM.....    How are they going to spin this schedule?    And throw Colorado in there as we saw how bad they looked last month in Alamo Bowl.   Other than Bama, the SEC games are weak sauce assuming LSU doesn't bounce back ( I think they will be better).    But chances are the rest of the SEC SEC SEC teams are going to be about the same as they were this just completed season.

But... SEC SEC SEC.

Without as much as a whiff of consideration toward addressing such matters as Ross' own daughter explicitly stating his motivation for murdering people of color was the establishment of white supremacy, John Sharp makes it official that there shall be "Sul Ross, today...Sul Ross, tomorrow...Sul Ross, forever."

Officials: Texas A&M to keep Sul Ross statue on campus

https://theeagle.com/news/a_m/officials-texas-a-m-to-keep-sul-ross-statue-on-campus/article_894b8794-60fd-11eb-953a-939b0ef2f28d.html

ross daughter foreward grab.jpeg

17 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

And throw Colorado in there as we saw how bad they looked last month in Alamo Bowl. 

To me, when you schedule Colorado, you are basically trying to find an opponent whose name recognition far outweighs their competitiveness on the field in a given year. Miami is the ultimate example of that, or maybe Nebraska (although Nebraska has been so putrid that you're pretty obviously lining up a cupcake if you schedule them). Michigan is getting there. Gen-X and above remember Colorado from the McCartney days and that name still perks our ears up, but they've been dogshit since the 2001 season (their 2016 team was a total paper tiger). 

A&M puts Colorado on the schedule and gets undue credit for beating them. That's their goal. Colorado is one step above Kent or New Mexico but treated like their three or four steps up because we remember their glory days from when we were in high school. 

39 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

To me, when you schedule Colorado, you are basically trying to find an opponent whose name recognition far outweighs their competitiveness on the field in a given year. Miami is the ultimate example of that, or maybe Nebraska (although Nebraska has been so putrid that you're pretty obviously lining up a cupcake if you schedule them). Michigan is getting there. Gen-X and above remember Colorado from the McCartney days and that name still perks our ears up, but they've been dogshit since the 2001 season (their 2016 team was a total paper tiger). 

A&M puts Colorado on the schedule and gets undue credit for beating them. That's their goal. Colorado is one step above Kent or New Mexico but treated like their three or four steps up because we remember their glory days from when we were in high school. 

Correct....  But this isn't going to keep aggy from claiming they have one of the toughest schedules in college football..

With Sam Houston, SFA, Abilene Christian, Tarleton State joining the WAC and playing D1 football soon, look for those four  to be on their schedule...  Maybe they will schedule three in one year as the SEC SEC SEC kind of encourages their schools to play at least three cupcakes out of their four non conference game slots.

Edit:  LOL and I just checked their future schedules and sure enough they have three of the above slotted for games with Sammy Houston being on their 2022 schedule.  Of course they scheduled that one and the others while the schools were still FCS (I-AA)...    And just like that aggy is going to claim their scheudule got and upgrade because the WAC invite for those schools.....  Goobers....

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/texas-am/

I would love to see  Appalachian State  go into Collie Station in  2023 and pull it off like they did a few year back at Michigan.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat

47 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

They were still decent through 2005 since they always seemed to make the Big 12 championship. Once Barnett left is when they went to dog shit. Dan Hawkins completely ruined that program. 2016 their 10 win season and Pac 12 title appearance was one of the biggest wool over the eyes I've seen. Especially since they finished something like 4-8 or 5-7 the next year. 

10 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Correct....  But this isn't going to keep aggy from claiming they have one of the toughest schedules in college football..

With Sam Houston, SFA, Abilene Christian, Tarleton State joining the WAC and playing D1 football soon, look for those four  to be on their schedule...  Maybe they will schedule three in one year as the SEC SEC SEC kind of encourages their schools to play at least three cupcakes out of their four non conference game slots.

Tarleton is on aggy schedule for 2025

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

🖕

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Without as much as a whiff of consideration toward addressing such matters as Ross' own daughter explicitly stating his motivation for murdering people of color was the establishment of white supremacy, John Sharp makes it official that there shall be "Sul Ross, today...Sul Ross, tomorrow...Sul Ross, forever."

Officials: Texas A&M to keep Sul Ross statue on campus

https://theeagle.com/news/a_m/officials-texas-a-m-to-keep-sul-ross-statue-on-campus/article_894b8794-60fd-11eb-953a-939b0ef2f28d.html

ross daughter foreward grab.jpeg

I had not seen the bolded previously.  My God those people are beyond stupid.  They deserve to have their racist asses put on blast as never before.

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

They were still decent through 2005 since they always seemed to make the Big 12 championship.

and get a freight train run on them-- the closest B12CG loss they had after beating us in 2001 was the following year when OU only beat them by 22.

I think the Big 12 North was dogshit most of that time, which is why Colorado was able to win it.  

2001 was the last time Colorado lost fewer than five games in a season until 2016, when they managed to only lose four. Other than the COVID shortened 2020 season, they've lost at least five games almost every year for almost two decades.

5 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

You have to draw the line somewhere. Im fine with playing cupcakes, but they have to be FBS schools

If you play an FCS school, it should not go on your record if you win. Period

This is where D2 Football gets it kind of correct.   They strongly encourage their teams to play fellow D2 in non conference.   The playoff brackets use a point scale and SOS is a big part of it, so they don't give their teams special points if they play up against a D1-AA/FCS team.  But they do kind of hold against them if they play down against a D3 or NAIA team and if they lose to one of those teams, it hits their points totals even harder.    FBS should have done this a long time ago, it would have been the FCS schools crying foul the loudest because they will take those ass whoopings for a nice paycheck.   And better for them if they schedule way out and they get bumped from the schedule due to ESPN wanting to see a particular match up, they still get a paycheck and they don't have to even show up.

4 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Are they really playing Colorado in Denver? Broncos stadium? Boulder is one of the top reasons to go to Denver. 

I wonder which side pushed for that.

I also saw on the SEC master schedule, Vandy is going to play CSU in Colorado Springs.     Where would the play that one at in  Colorado Springs?   The Air Force academy?   Umm I think the SEC schedule designer  is a tad off on their locations of Colorado schools..   You are correct.  If you are an out of towner going to Colorado to play the Buffs, you want to go to Boulder because it give your fan base a chance to only be a few minutes from the Front Range for one.    In Denver it's still a little more distance to get to Front Range.

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Yes. The teams aggy beat were a combined 39-56.

They play a weak sauce schedule in 2021, so they might have a shot to duplicate their record from this year at least from the conference part of it.

2021 is going to be their next best shot to end the regular season a one loss team.   South Carolina and Auburn are in Collie Station and  have coaching changes, so aggy should be favorites but there is outside shot one of them might pull an upset since both games are in the later half of the season..    Ole Miss and Miss State will be better, but I might go as far to say one of those could be an upset, but aggy will be a favorite.   Who in the heck knows what direction LSU goes after the season they had this last season?  But they could be much better and if so and since that game is at Baton Rouge, that might loss #2  because they should lose to Bama..   Arkansas will continue to suck and Missouri is Missouri, so I'll give aggy the W's there and include their four cupcakes for the at least a guarantee of six wins.    So they got their six wins and invite to the Capital One Bowl or Belk Bowl for sure.