Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

6 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3260313

LOL this thread is trying to justify an aggy t-shirt fan is better than a tu t-shirt fan. Hilarious since I know more aggy that did not go to A&M than did. 

There is a reason the aggys don't have an "alumni association." They used to have both an alumni association and an association of former students. Notice the difference.

Because A&M was established essentially as a reform school for miscreant farm children whose parents wanted to be done with them, from 19876 through WWI, the aggy graduation rate was about 7%. A historical 93% drop-out rate over their first half-century of existence. Yay education!

Their alumni association lacked sufficient eligible individuals, so they disbanded the alumni association and their association of former students survives to this day.

Newsflash, rednecks - either one is or is not a graduate of and has received a degree from a given institution.

Most academic institutions don't usually recognize those who never graduated from the institution. Being more of a cultural indoctrination institution than an academic institution, Texas A&M desperately clings to every drop-out. Failure defines Texas A&M, both on the sports fields and in the classrooms.

Never expect an aggy to be intellectually honest regarding what does and does not constitute an aggy. Or even a t-shirt fan.

They aren't even intellectually honest about what constitutes a civilian fraternity member and what constitutes a member of the U.S. military.

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

18 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

There is a reason the aggys don't have an "alumni association." They used to have both an alumni association and an association of former students. Notice the difference.

Because A&M was established essentially as a reform school for miscreant farm children whose parents wanted to be done with them, from 19876 through WWI, the aggy graduation rate was about 7%. A historical 93% drop-out rate over their first half-century of existence. Yay education!

Their alumni association lacked sufficient eligible individuals, so they disbanded the alumni association and their association of former students survives to this day.

Newsflash, rednecks - either one is or is not a graduate of and has received a degree from a given institution.

Most academic institutions don't usually recognize those who never graduated from the institution. Being more of a cultural indoctrination institution than an academic institution, Texas A&M desperately clings to every drop-out. Failure defines Texas A&M, both on the sports fields and in the classrooms.

Never expect an aggy to be intellectually honest regarding what does and does not constitute an aggy. Or even a t-shirt fan.

They aren't even intellectually honest about what constitutes a civilian fraternity member and what constitutes a member of the U.S. military.

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

My freshman roommate at UT dropped out his junior year, never graduated from anywhere but is a TexasEx in good standing.  So UT, apparently, recognizes alumni who don't graduate. 

22 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

My freshman roommate at UT dropped out his junior year, never graduated from anywhere but is a TexasEx in good standing.  So UT, apparently, recognizes alumni who don't graduate. 

There are outliers. Which is why I said "usually." However, at the end of the day, is your former roommate a graduate, or not?

I know of at least one instance where a civilian was awarded the Medal of Honor. I know of one instance where the President of the United States was appointed and not elected by the people. I know one instance where a member of the aggy corps actually served in the U.S. military. Strange things happen.

• Haha 1

A great quote from an article I am reading:

"There are also a lot of people with whom you can share all the empirical evidence, all the primary source documents, all the historical fact and it won't matter. Because the reason they believe what they believe is not because they don't have information, it is because that information threatens the position that they have taken on for themselves within their family and within society. It is a truly existential threat to how someone understands who they are in the world.

That is the thing that’s difficult for a lot of people to accept, and so they push back against it. We see a 21st-century iteration of that today. We saw it after the Civil War. People attempt to distort history, distort information, distort fact, because it allows them to continue to tell a story about themselves and their community that they're deeply invested in."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

Thank you.  I needed that this morning.  I live in a sea of aggy, sadly. 

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Anybody, and I mean anybody, can buy a Texas Exes Lifetime Membership.  My wife has one, but is a graduate of K-State.  Michael Dell has one and he never finished college.  You can buy an Exes membership while you're still a student even (they have a whole chapter for those kids).  

Interesting factoid for your Monday---Marion Morrison, better known as John Wayne, is a Lifetime Texas Exes Member (Member No. 249).  Somebody told me the story behind it once but I forgot.  It had something to do with making a movie around here and he liked the name when he overheard it.   

But remember the Texas Exes is a completely autonomous 501(c)(3) organization, totally separate from the University of Texas at Austin.  They ground lease the land the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center sits on from UT.  The Texas Exes don't really recognize alumni, they just recognize Members (annual, associate, lifetime, et. al.).  The only time "alumni" is even used by them are the Distinguished Alumni Awards...but that's just a handful of people not the other 500,000 of us who graduated from there.

UT-Austin, aka the Tower, they do recognize alumni and for that...there are requirements.  You can't just have taken classes there.  You can't even have just gotten some sort of extension certificate.  You have to have "walked" with a bachelor's, master's, or doctorate/JD.  "Alumni" status at UT is actually taken more seriously by UT than at most other large state universities nationwide.  Also a big part of protecting "The Brand."  Another reason you also don't see UT grant honorary degrees either, one of few schools in its pier group that do not do that.  

Anyway, to every Aggie from 3 credit hours to 300 credit hours.........Fuck You and Happy Christmas.

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Interesting factoid for your Monday---Marion Morrison, better known as John Wayne, is a Lifetime Texas Exes Member (Member No. 249).  Somebody told me the story behind it once but I forgot.  It had something to do with making a movie around here and he liked the name when he overheard it.   

I think it has to do with when he came to Austin in 1966 for the USC UT game, and I think the story is in here - 

Cover Image

7 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

A great quote from an article I am reading:

"There are also a lot of people with whom you can share all the empirical evidence, all the primary source documents, all the historical fact and it won't matter. Because the reason they believe what they believe is not because they don't have information, it is because that information threatens the position that they have taken on for themselves within their family and within society. It is a truly existential threat to how someone understands who they are in the world.

That is the thing that’s difficult for a lot of people to accept, and so they push back against it. We see a 21st-century iteration of that today. We saw it after the Civil War. People attempt to distort history, distort information, distort fact, because it allows them to continue to tell a story about themselves and their community that they're deeply invested in."

Adam Grant wrote a whole book about this called "Mindset"

18 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

Smells like . . . victory.

smell_of_napalm_in_the_morning.jpg

Gotta give it to aggy for persistent. They are determined to be #1..  They just might actually pull it off sooner than later. Aggy is now tide with ASU for the second most major NCAA infractions with 9.  They only need 1 more to go for the tie with SMU, or they could go for 2 FTW.

They do lead in one category. They are by far #1 in lowest success rate in the cheat to win race to the top. 

Is anyone going to tell them they have to actually win an MNC before they can have it vacated or nah?

they have gone so far overboard this cycle even the toothless NCAA might have to do something.  

There’s a few posts at texag about NIL and the consensus is they are way ahead of everyone because immediately after announcement they started a course on how athletes can market themselves.  Somehow that course is the entire basis of their NIL program and it’s crushing it.  

The single poster who appeared to be in the know simply said “It’s working, so don’t ask questions”.  

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I think it has to do with when he came to Austin in 1966 for the USC UT game, and I think the story is in here - 

Cover Image

Well, I forget how the rest of the story goes...but Jimbo's mother's a whore.   

Pier.  Peer.  One.  Won.  

32 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Not a hint of irony either

Time to pull out that pimp stick again.

While Anne Burnett was alive, she attended UT Austin, served on the Board of Regents at Tech, and donated munificently to TCU.

Windi and David are both....wait for it.....

But the ags were mentioned in the script of an episode of a show on a streaming service.

Um...I'll take real life, thank you.

aggy pimp stick.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

12 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

“I think we will be, I think we were a year ago. I really thought we should be in the playoffs, but we’re not,” Fisher said. “We finished fourth (in the SEC West), but I think we’re in that area. At the end of the year, Alabama had a tremendous team, but I think we were the second-best team in the country when you get down to it."

Sounds like Jimbo has devolved into the perfect, delusional aggy.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Don't know how this was missed but Jimbo said this on Finebaum on last Wednesday....

Texas A&M head football coach Jimbo Fisher is no stranger when it comes to making bold claims about his team. And on Wednesday, as a guest on the Paul Finebaum Show, Fisher made a bold statement on Texas A&M and the College Football Playoff.

“I think we will be, I think we were a year ago. I really thought we should be in the playoffs, but we’re not,” Fisher said. “We finished fourth (in the SEC West), but I think we’re in that area. At the end of the year, Alabama had a tremendous team, but I think we were the second-best team in the country when you get down to it.

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Nothing says playoffs like 8 and 4 with 4 of the 8 wins being  cuppycakes...Or 9 and 1, with only two of those 9 being over .500, and one of the two teams they beat that had a winning record was 1 game above .500.  

He dose know how to say the right things. But, it's not hard to know what.to say.

In other news Jimbo should coach his new recruits I'm saying the right thing.  DT recruit Jalon Scarlett said he was drawn to aggy because of their great coaching staff...ummm, what staff?

20 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Don't know how this was missed but Jimbo said this on Finebaum on last Wednesday....

Texas A&M head football coach Jimbo Fisher is no stranger when it comes to making bold claims about his team. And on Wednesday, as a guest on the Paul Finebaum Show, Fisher made a bold statement on Texas A&M and the College Football Playoff.

“I think we will be, I think we were a year ago. I really thought we should be in the playoffs, but we’re not,” Fisher said. “We finished fourth (in the SEC West), but I think we’re in that area. At the end of the year, Alabama had a tremendous team, but I think we were the second-best team in the country when you get down to it.

Just not quite as good as LSU, MissSU, Ole Miss, and Arky.  But other than those guys, yeah, they were probably the best team in their division other than 'Bama.  

2 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Is anyone going to tell them they have to actually win an MNC before they can have it vacated or nah?

they have gone so far overboard this cycle even the toothless NCAA might have to do something.  

There’s a few posts at texag about NIL and the consensus is they are way ahead of everyone because immediately after announcement they started a course on how athletes can market themselves.  Somehow that course is the entire basis of their NIL program and it’s crushing it.  

The single poster who appeared to be in the know simply said “It’s working, so don’t ask questions”.  

Nobody can compete with money from Big Sunflower Seed.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cap33 said:

Check that. It's "Think Again."

How ironical.

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Jimbo is just like texags: He has mastered telling the aggy masses exactly what they want to hear.

3 hours ago, Gaffords said:

Nothing says playoffs like 8 and 4 with 4 of the 8 wins being  cuppycakes...Or 9 and 1, with only two of those 9 being over .500, and one of the two teams they beat that had a winning record was 1 game above .500.  

He dose know how to say the right things. But, it's not hard to know what.to say.

In other news Jimbo should coach his new recruits I'm saying the right thing.  DT recruit Jalon Scarlett said he was drawn to aggy because of their great coaching staff...ummm, what staff?

cuppycakes?

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

An SEC loss should count the same as a win vs a non SEC team. It just means more

Spent a good couple of years on TexAgs before being permabanned beyond any hope of revival after taking many of the regulars there for a bunch of money (I never collected) after Justin Tucker perma stamped an "L" on their forehead to be chronicled forever in their perfect ears. 

This included a few of the mods, but before I left my favorite reply the "tee-shirt" fan trope that kept them warm at night (besides the 'recruiting rankings  don't mean shit" trope that I am sure has been similarly abandoned) was that "nobody screams with envy for someone....ANYONE....to be a "tee-shirt fan" of their otherwise never mentioned sports program than attention-starved aggy. (the one guy who paid me - with a "spec's gift card" -  was Branding Iron 13-0, but that's another story)

Christ, look what they've done with that one CMH guy from TCU and George HW Bush. 

See the Yellowstone comment above as a perfect example of this.   Someone wearing a tamu hoodie on some television commercial or Marc Cuban's wife in the crowd of some aggy sporting event, and there would be 5 threads on the first page about it within seconds.  They couldn't reconcile Chris Kyle wearing a Texas Ball cap in "American Sniper" )besides graduating and competing in rodeo at Tarleton State) the gymnastics needed for them to work their 'patriotic' brains around that was particularly amusing, as I recall.

I can't think of any Longhorn anywhere who has somehow erected a caste system for Longhorn fandom (except for maybe Mack Brown) 

These dickheads would give their eye teeth to have half of the brand awareness that Texas enjoys. 

TheThreeYardOut. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

How ironical.

Jimbo is just like texags: He has mastered telling the aggy masses exactly what they want to hear.

cuppycakes?

nom nom nom    pay a couple of million for the poor to line up and let your players tee off on them so they feel like winners and aggy can keep that 4 win handicap going strong so aggy can absorb some teeth kickin' from losing their lifetime average of half their conference games. 

Colorado really doesn't fit this so much, but it works for me.

5 hours ago, m00t607t said:

Spent a good couple of years on TexAgs before being permabanned beyond any hope of revival after taking many of the regulars there for a bunch of money (I never collected) after Justin Tucker perma stamped an "L" on their forehead to be chronicled forever in their perfect ears. 

This included a few of the mods, but before I left my favorite reply the "tee-shirt" fan trope that kept them warm at night (besides the 'recruiting rankings  don't mean shit" trope that I am sure has been similarly abandoned) was that "nobody screams with envy for someone....ANYONE....to be a "tee-shirt fan" of their otherwise never mentioned sports program than attention-starved aggy. (the one guy who paid me - with a "spec's gift card" -  was Branding Iron 13-0, but that's another story)

Christ, look what they've done with that one CMH guy from TCU and George HW Bush. 

See the Yellowstone comment above as a perfect example of this.   Someone wearing a tamu hoodie on some television commercial or Marc Cuban's wife in the crowd of some aggy sporting event, and there would be 5 threads on the first page about it within seconds.  They couldn't reconcile Chris Kyle wearing a Texas Ball cap in "American Sniper" )besides graduating and competing in rodeo at Tarleton State) the gymnastics needed for them to work their 'patriotic' brains around that was particularly amusing, as I recall.

I can't think of any Longhorn anywhere who has somehow erected a caste system for Longhorn fandom (except for maybe Mack Brown) 

These dickheads would give their eye teeth to have half of the brand awareness that Texas enjoys. 

TheThreeYardOut. 

"About halfway through, the girl from the 6666 said she went to vet school at A&M."

The ags crowing about a television character being a hired hand on the 6666 is comical. It shows how little ags know about Texas history.

Anne Burnett had significant ties to UT Austin, Tech, and TCU. Wendi and David Grimes are both Longhorns. I don't think there is an aggy in the entire family that owned the 6666 before it was recently sold off to an investor group.

14 hours ago, nnm said:

Just not quite as good as LSU, MissSU, Ole Miss, and Arky.  But other than those guys, yeah, they were probably the best team in their division other than 'Bama.  

He said country. So he meant Georgia, Michigan, and anyone else who had a better season than them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

In their heads rent free.

P.S. fuck the Dixie Chicken. Nothing special about it

ExxalLgWEAABWkG.jpg

All it takes is one glance to see an aggy ring and already, I've made tons of assumptions about the wearer. At that point, it's up to the wearer to prove my assumptions wrong. Some do. Many do not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1