• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

11 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Any chance we get the band back together?  Not saying I want to. 

I would very much be a fan of Texas stepping up after aggie bitched out.  Money talks and I am sure the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl folks are going into overdrive trying to get a replacement and from a revenue perspective I don't see how they could get a better draw than Texas.  Also I bet virtually all of the team would be happy to drop whatever they were doing and come back to campus for this.

3 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I would very much be a fan of Texas stepping up after aggie bitched out.  Money talks and I am sure the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl folks are going into overdrive trying to get a replacement and from a revenue perspective I don't see how they could get a better draw than Texas.  Also I bet virtually all of the team would be happy to drop whatever they were doing and come back to campus for this.

Push it to 1/5 and I think we should do it.

14 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Texas won't be playing - more than half the team is already back home for winter break

We should play. Start making calls like the time that the Barden Bellas didn’t qualify for nationals, but then they got in and had to call all the bellas to rally. 

You guys remember right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Players did not forget the playbook. Fly them all in, book a HS football field for 2 days. Create. simple game plan and go kick ass. Or lose. But they all get SWAG. If I was 20 and sitting at home I would be calling Coach and saying where is my ticket. Hell, maybe we should (SURLY) form a team and just go for shits and giggles and ensure Aggy fans don't get refunds. Can we create our own NIL? 

• Hook 'Em 2

We'd be starting Card and nothing behind him and we'd have a bunch of no longer in football shape kids putting down their Christmas tamales and trying to play. We'd lose the game and the downside would be if someone we're counting on for next season gets a long term 10-12 month injury. 

The upside is as long as we don't get flat blown out of the building we win the PR war. Can talk about how as the flagship university for this state we take pride in what Texas represents and even through impossible odds will step up to handle the responsibility that our lesser state university quit out on. Can really push that narrative for a while and hopefully boost recruiting for '23. 

Aggy? Quitters.

Texas? We go out on our shields. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, smoky said:

Couldn't we just practice here and fly in the day before like any other road game?

I want this to happen more than I should.

Team was released for break already, you'd have to get them back from wherever their family does Xmas.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP